Official Halo 3 Discussion Thread DON'T REPLY TO OTHERS

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

keep it here or face the wrath of this koala.

Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts
Not the koala!  :o

Anyway, I watched the video on gametrailers and it looks pretty cool.  Hard to tell what the graphics look like with the low video quality, but the gameplay looks like straight-up Halo to me. 

I'm trying to watch GameSpot's live feed, and its still loading up for some reason.  Anybody watching it now?
BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#3 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

Oh noes!!! Teh Koala :cry:

I don't have any sound. am i missing anything important?

Canuck3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Canuck3000
Member since 2004 • 40562 Posts
Didn't like the other thread? >_>
Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Teuf_

Oh noes!!! Teh Koala :cry:

I don't have any sound. am i missing anything important?

BuryMe

I don't video or sound so I couldn't tell you.  :P

Avatar image for 6icks_tea_4hoar
6icks_tea_4hoar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 6icks_tea_4hoar
Member since 2007 • 1492 Posts
can't wait, i'm playing halo 2 in preparation.:D
ToScA-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ToScA-
Member since 2006 • 5782 Posts
Thanks, it was getting a bit out of hand with 4-5 Halo 3 threads on the same page :)
shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 shungokustasu
Member since 2004 • 7190 Posts
I think Halo 3 is shaping up to be just like Halo 2. Nothing really special that stands out or seperate it from the two games. I still expect it to sale like crazy due to ignorance. FPS fans should be happy with there 360 version of Halo 2. Also, Halo 3 did steal the spike grenades from R:FOM...
ko_threat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 ko_threat
Member since 2004 • 631 Posts
Looks good, never did play halo or halo 2, think i might pick up halo 2 to try out live.
Timesplitter14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Timesplitter14
Member since 2006 • 5934 Posts

Graphics = Looks like the best places in RFoM. It's decent

Gameplay = This is a joke, right? I can't find one single difference in the way it plays or the game mechanics or anythinc except the new guns. I dunno if I'm supposed to laugh or cry...

Conclusion : It's called HALO 3, so it'll sell bilions of copies

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

I think Halo 3 is shaping up to be just like Halo 2. Nothing really special that stands out or seperate it from the two games. I still expect it to sale like crazy due to ignorance. FPS fans should be happy with there 360 version of Halo 2. Also, Halo 3 did steal the spike grenades from R:FOM...shungokustasu

you finished?  

Timesplitter14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Timesplitter14
Member since 2006 • 5934 Posts

I think Halo 3 is shaping up to be just like Halo 2. Nothing really special that stands out or seperate it from the two games. I still expect it to sale like crazy due to ignorance. FPS fans should be happy with there 360 version of Halo 2. Also, Halo 3 did steal the spike grenades from R:FOM...shungokustasu

...and Halo 3 also stole the shield grenades from RFoM lol. But then Lems are calling it innovative :lol:

shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 shungokustasu

[QUOTE="shungokustasu"]I think Halo 3 is shaping up to be just like Halo 2. Nothing really special that stands out or seperate it from the two games. I still expect it to sale like crazy due to ignorance. FPS fans should be happy with there 360 version of Halo 2. Also, Halo 3 did steal the spike grenades from R:FOM...lawlessx

you finished?

Please don't takt that as flame bait. I'm just going by what I saw in the video. 

ko_threat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ko_threat
Member since 2004 • 631 Posts

[QUOTE="shungokustasu"]I think Halo 3 is shaping up to be just like Halo 2. Nothing really special that stands out or seperate it from the two games. I still expect it to sale like crazy due to ignorance. FPS fans should be happy with there 360 version of Halo 2. Also, Halo 3 did steal the spike grenades from R:FOM...Timesplitter14

...and Halo 3 also stole the shield grenades from RFoM lol. But then Lems are calling it innovative :lol:

There were shield nades in RFoM? I thought they had a gun that made a shield.
Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Teuf_
[QUOTE="Timesplitter14"]

[QUOTE="shungokustasu"]I think Halo 3 is shaping up to be just like Halo 2. Nothing really special that stands out or seperate it from the two games. I still expect it to sale like crazy due to ignorance. FPS fans should be happy with there 360 version of Halo 2. Also, Halo 3 did steal the spike grenades from R:FOM...ko_threat

There were shield nades in RFoM? I thought they had a gun that made a shield.

There was both.  :wink: 

D0013ER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 D0013ER
Member since 2007 • 3765 Posts

I still expect it to sale like crazy due to ignorance. FPS fans should be happy with there 360 version of Halo 2. shungokustasu

Way to trash an enormous fanbase.  This just sounds incredibly bitter. 

lone_wolf911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lone_wolf911
Member since 2005 • 6347 Posts
Sorry die hard halo fans, but i got left with a feeling of "that's it?"
tmac2gooden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 tmac2gooden
Member since 2003 • 944 Posts
Its safe to say that this game is way DOWNGRADED from the trailer shown at last E3.  Its not even close to looking like that trailer.  The graphics look like Halo 2 in HD, so thats disapointing.  The game play looks the same as Halo 2 also.  This game is way, way, way over hyped.  Maybe the most over hyped game of all time.
mirlegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mirlegend
Member since 2002 • 6737 Posts

[QUOTE="shungokustasu"]I think Halo 3 is shaping up to be just like Halo 2. Nothing really special that stands out or seperate it from the two games. I still expect it to sale like crazy due to ignorance. FPS fans should be happy with there 360 version of Halo 2. Also, Halo 3 did steal the spike grenades from R:FOM...Timesplitter14

i dont remember any shield grenade in rfom.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

Its safe to say that this game is way DOWNGRADED from the trailer shown at last E3.  Its not even close to looking like that trailer.  The graphics look like Halo 2 in HD, so thats disapointing.  The game play looks the same as Halo 2 also.  This game is way, way, way over hyped.  Maybe the most over hyped game of all time.tmac2gooden

considering your sig says that crackdown was hyped AAA, i don't really think you're in any place to judge hype levels.

hotdaisy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 hotdaisy18
Member since 2004 • 1909 Posts
At least the models of the characters are shaping up. Watching from the 1UP preview they did with the Halo beta frame by frame, to what I've seen of the new beta pics, the models are really shaping up. And the environments as well. Which just tells me the final product is going to be pretty sweet.
shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 shungokustasu

[QUOTE="shungokustasu"] I still expect it to sale like crazy due to ignorance. FPS fans should be happy with there 360 version of Halo 2. D0013ER

Way to trash an enormous fanbase. This just sounds incredibly bitter.

Isn't safe to say, people are going to buy it, just because the name is Halo? 

D0013ER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 D0013ER
Member since 2007 • 3765 Posts
[QUOTE="D0013ER"]

[QUOTE="shungokustasu"] I still expect it to sale like crazy due to ignorance. FPS fans should be happy with there 360 version of Halo 2. shungokustasu

No, it'd be safe to say that people are going to buy it because they've had incredible experiences with Halo in the past. 

mirlegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mirlegend
[QUOTE="D0013ER"]

[QUOTE="shungokustasu"] I still expect it to sale like crazy due to ignorance. FPS fans should be happy with there 360 version of Halo 2. shungokustasu

why do you think that is?

hotdaisy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 hotdaisy18
Member since 2004 • 1909 Posts
[QUOTE="Timesplitter14"]

[QUOTE="shungokustasu"]I think Halo 3 is shaping up to be just like Halo 2. Nothing really special that stands out or seperate it from the two games. I still expect it to sale like crazy due to ignorance. FPS fans should be happy with there 360 version of Halo 2. Also, Halo 3 did steal the spike grenades from R:FOM...mirlegend

It was a plate type sheild you used from a gun. The gun itself you could fire through the sheild create or other solid objects. So it's somewhat the same thing, but diffferent concepts of how they are used Halo 3 vs R:FoM. Both in which case I think are pretty damn cool.

terdoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#26 terdoo
Member since 2006 • 5306 Posts

That koala is bad @$$ man.

Halo 3 beta looks sweet so far.

xboxdude333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 xboxdude333
Member since 2005 • 510 Posts
[QUOTE="Timesplitter14"]

[QUOTE="shungokustasu"]I think Halo 3 is shaping up to be just like Halo 2. Nothing really special that stands out or seperate it from the two games. I still expect it to sale like crazy due to ignorance. FPS fans should be happy with there 360 version of Halo 2. Also, Halo 3 did steal the spike grenades from R:FOM...mirlegend

You have to beat the game once to get it
mirlegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mirlegend
[QUOTE="mirlegend"][QUOTE="Timesplitter14"]

[QUOTE="shungokustasu"]I think Halo 3 is shaping up to be just like Halo 2. Nothing really special that stands out or seperate it from the two games. I still expect it to sale like crazy due to ignorance. FPS fans should be happy with there 360 version of Halo 2. Also, Halo 3 did steal the spike grenades from R:FOM...hotdaisy18

It was a plate type sheild you used from a gun. The gun itself you could fire through the sheild create or other solid objects. So it's somewhat the same thing, but diffferent concepts of how they are used Halo 3 vs R:FoM. Both in which case I think are pretty damn cool.

you cant fire through the shield in halo 3 only walk in and out. plus the grenade covers the area around you in halo 3 the auger only a small part in front of you. the auger has more in common with the shield gun in ut2004 than halo 3 id say.

Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Teuf_
[QUOTE="mirlegend"][QUOTE="Timesplitter14"]

[QUOTE="shungokustasu"]I think Halo 3 is shaping up to be just like Halo 2. Nothing really special that stands out or seperate it from the two games. I still expect it to sale like crazy due to ignorance. FPS fans should be happy with there 360 version of Halo 2. Also, Halo 3 did steal the spike grenades from R:FOM...hotdaisy18

There was a shield grenade too.  Its called the Backlash Grenade, its unlocked on your second playthrough. 

shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 shungokustasu
[QUOTE="shungokustasu"][QUOTE="D0013ER"]

[QUOTE="shungokustasu"] I still expect it to sale like crazy due to ignorance. FPS fans should be happy with there 360 version of Halo 2. D0013ER

No, it'd be safe to say that people are going to buy it because they've had incredible experiences with Halo in the past.

Agreed, but people that are expecting a "next-gen Halo" will be disappointed if and only if the game is presented like this. 

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
[QUOTE="hotdaisy18"][QUOTE="mirlegend"][QUOTE="Timesplitter14"]

you cant fire through the shield in halo 3 only walk in and out. plus the grenade covers the area around you in halo 3 the auger only a small part in front of you. the auger has more in common with the shield gun in ut2004 than halo 3 id say.

the shield in halo3 is more so like a barrier then a actual shield 

AsinineZomg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 AsinineZomg
Member since 2006 • 709 Posts
Nothing special.
KzerXtreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 KzerXtreme
Member since 2005 • 510 Posts
Even though the Halos aren't my absolute favorite games, they always provided plenty of fun- especially co-op.  Not since DoomII back in the day have I had so much fun in a co-op game.  The graphics of Halo3 aren't at the trailer's level, but who knows maybe they'll polish it up in the last few months before release.
MegaPigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MegaPigeon
Member since 2007 • 1726 Posts

Is anybody actually watching this in HD? Because judging by the usual "OMG TEH HALO 2 HD" remarks that are somewhat frequent, even Crysis looks like the original Prefect Dark when you watch it through low-res videos. The beta looks really sweet so far though. Once it has the final layer of polish it should look awesome. 

Sicknic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Sicknic
Member since 2004 • 4241 Posts

There are some parts of the beta that look underwhelming. I cringe at the models, because they look just like Halo 2. But I do notice better geometry in the enviornment, better lighting, better textures, and the water effects look pretty damn amazing to me.

I don't understand why a title in a franchise has to be the groundbreaker that it's predesessors were when they were released. The game has obviously improved since Halo 2. Could it have been better? Of course. They could have tried to make it as great as Crysis looks. But I think the gameplay, along with the graphics will be just fine in the end.

shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 shungokustasu

Is anybody actually watching this in HD? Because judging by the usual "OMG TEH HALO 2 HD" remarks that are somewhat frequent, even Crysis looks like the original Prefect Dark when you watch it through low-res videos. The beta looks really sweet so far though. Once it has the final layer of polish it should look awesome.

MegaPigeon

I'm watching it in HD. 

Spartan8907

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Spartan8907
Member since 2006 • 3731 Posts
im watching it now.
OldParr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 OldParr
Member since 2006 • 2996 Posts
what a dissapointement if bungie its gonna go out.they should go out hard and without mercy.it doesnt impress me at all,it doesnt beat the feeling that i got when i played gears.even the pre alpha from crysis leave the graphix of halo 3 to dust
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#39 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
[QUOTE="D0013ER"][QUOTE="shungokustasu"][QUOTE="D0013ER"]

Agreed, but people that are expecting a "next-gen Halo" will be disappointed if and only if the game is presented like this. 

IT wont be, the final game will look better. Bungie mentioned that the beta will look nothing like the final version. Also people who were expecting a better Halo game in terms of gameplay as far as online is concerned, will be more than happy. The same will probably be with the single player. and at the end of the day thats what matters MOST, how the gameplays and is an improvement over the past. What would be the point of making Halo 2 with next gen graphics nothing. Improvements need to be made in gameplay, not just graphics. and Halo 3 looks like it has made some improvements.
mirlegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 mirlegend
[QUOTE="D0013ER"][QUOTE="shungokustasu"][QUOTE="D0013ER"]

the multiplayer was already great so why make huge changes to it? theres new weapons, vehicles, maps, physics, geomentry, water, customisation and nice graphics so i dont think many will be disappointed with that part.

the single player will have some big changes with huge open levels, real time battles in the background, alot of fighting on screen real time effected environments like when youve blown up alot of stuff the sky will change due to the smoke coming from the fire. so again i dont think people will be very disappointed.

soulsofblayck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 soulsofblayck
Member since 2006 • 1591 Posts
Come on guys, this time..it's OKAY to complain! Think about how much time Bungie was given along with money. The graphics even here should be stellar and pushing the 360 to unprecedented levels. However, I'm not seeing that in the graphical department.
KillaHalo2o9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 KillaHalo2o9
Member since 2006 • 5305 Posts
From my point of view when I say the trailers the games visuals were good, but not the best has of game-play its seems to have more thunder to it then Halo2 :) Cant wait for it
tmac2gooden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 tmac2gooden
The game looks so disapointing.  I really dont know what to say.  It looks like Halo 2 Vista.  There is nothing new here at all.  This game has disapointment written all over it.
jdt532

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#44 jdt532
Member since 2003 • 4236 Posts
I have to say I'm not impressed with the graphics in this game at all.... IMO it looks like Halo 2 with slightly more polygons and anti-aliasing. This is supposed to be the 360's flagship game that really shows what it can do?.... The gameplay also seems like Deja Vu all over again... The Halo series is getting very stale and I heard Halo 3 will be the last, that's probably for the best.
zappanese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 zappanese
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I must say, I arent very impressed what i have seen so far. An update of Halo 2? Great.

I hated Halo 2, the lack of a pistol and three shot kills took a huge amount of skill and satisfaction out of the game, and i was hoping Halo 3 would sort this out. But no..just a rehash of a flawed product, Halo 2. Updated graphics and gimmicky items. Great.

tmac2gooden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 tmac2gooden
It looks like Bungie is going with "If it aint broke, dont fix it" apporach.  Looks like they just made Halo 2 HD, and added a couple of new weapons.  They know that this game will sell like hot cakes based on name alone. 
MegaPigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 MegaPigeon
Member since 2007 • 1726 Posts
[QUOTE="MegaPigeon"]

shungokustasu

I can't find anything on your profile saying you're a premiem user :?

Meh, I'll decide for myself if it looks good or not next Wednesday :)

When the game actually gets released, I think a lot of people are gonna get owned.If Bungie's track record says anything, they'll have the game look miles better by the time it's released, even if it's not on the ame level as Crysis. Judging by the comments made on the Marathon, it looks pretty good already

Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts
Halo 3 is looking pretty good.
cj2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 cj2121
Member since 2004 • 341 Posts

This game looks so fun and its only in Beta! I'm waiting till this game comes out before I purchase a X-box 360.

Jammy69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Jammy69
Member since 2007 • 224 Posts
After hearing all the haters say how bad the graphics look I wasn't expecting much but now i'm actually quite impressed by them. The draw distance looks really good aswell