Official GamePass family plan revealed, $24.99!

• 99 results
Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7202 Posts

The plan lets a user share with up to 4 other gamers, making a plan total of 5 users. These gamers gain all the full benefits of GamePass Ultimate. In addition to initial pricing details, Xbox also released an FAQ detailing how the service works and how it will work across different regions. It also confirmed that users can only be a member of one group at a time, and that group members can only join a group up to two times per year. Being tested in Ireland and Colombia, first, will come to other regions soon.

Subscribers who change their current plan will have their time remaining converted according to the following formula.

• 30 days of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is 18 days of Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family
  • 30 days of Xbox Game Pass (Console) is 12 days of Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family
  • 30 days of PC Game Pass is 12 days of Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family
  • 30 days of Xbox Live Gold is 12 days of Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family
  • 30 days of EA Play is 6 days of Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#2 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69484 Posts

Damn! That is a great deal.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

Imagine the amount of money this company is losing😁Who needs profit when you can throw money away😁

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Mesome713

@hardwenzen: It has already been revealed Xbox GamePass is making a profit.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hardwenzen  Online

@mesome713 said:

@hardwenzen: It has already been revealed Xbox GamePass is making a profit.

Prove it.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mesome713

@hardwenzen:

" We always laugh when we hear that. Please don't worry about us. Microsoft is going to be alright. We're gonna make it, I think we're gonna be okay.

With Xbox Game Pass, Microsoft is focusing on over-delivering on value, even if it comes at the cost of profits in the short term. It's a different mindset. If you do optimize for profit, you can either say 'How we do get as much profit out of each customer?' or, do you pivot that and say, 'How do we add as much value to our fans?' 'How can we actually over-deliver on value?' If you do that, you build fans for life.

When people feel like you're over-delivering on value, they want to not only continue to use your service but they want to tell their friends about it. The most powerful marketing is word-of-mouth marketing. We can't create as many advertisements, as many assets as we want, but if both of you go tell one of your closest friends, 'You have to get Game Pass!' that's way more effective than any marketing I can do. For us, we just want to keep adding more and more value to Xbox Game Pass so you feel really good about that and you feel like you want to go tell your friends about it. And ultimately, we think long-term that's the right thing for the business and will have long-term benefits for us. In the short-term, yeah, Xbox Game Pass is not a big profit play. But we think long-term it works out good for everybody. " General Manager of Xbox Games Marketing Aaron Greenberg

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56109 Posts

Very nice! I’ll be able to add my Daughter to it once her sub runs out next month so this family plan is a helluva deal. I was skeptical at first but seeing this is okay, I'm down for this!

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hardwenzen  Online

@mesome713 said:

@hardwenzen:

" We always laugh when we hear that. Please don't worry about us. Microsoft is going to be alright. We're gonna make it, I think we're gonna be okay.

With Xbox Game Pass, Microsoft is focusing on over-delivering on value, even if it comes at the cost of profits in the short term. It's a different mindset. If you do optimize for profit, you can either say 'How we do get as much profit out of each customer?' or, do you pivot that and say, 'How do we add as much value to our fans?' 'How can we actually over-deliver on value?' If you do that, you build fans for life.

When people feel like you're over-delivering on value, they want to not only continue to use your service but they want to tell their friends about it. The most powerful marketing is word-of-mouth marketing. We can't create as many advertisements, as many assets as we want, but if both of you go tell one of your closest friends, 'You have to get Game Pass!' that's way more effective than any marketing I can do. For us, we just want to keep adding more and more value to Xbox Game Pass so you feel really good about that and you feel like you want to go tell your friends about it. And ultimately, we think long-term that's the right thing for the business and will have long-term benefits for us. In the short-term, yeah, Xbox Game Pass is not a big profit play. But we think long-term it works out good for everybody. " General Manager of Xbox Games Marketing Aaron Greenberg

There is no proof here. What are the numbers?

This insurance wall is just like Mixer in the first year. "we're doing wonderfully!!!!". Yea, right...

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44179 Posts

Great deal indeed. 👍

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mesome713

@hardwenzen: Get over it bro, dude says they make small profit. Go cry us a river.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hardwenzen  Online

@mesome713 said:

@hardwenzen: Get over it bro, dude says they make small profit. Go cry us a river.

They made $9👍👍👍

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MysticalDonut
Member since 2021 • 2504 Posts

Hey look! GamePass is already going up just like how I said it would!

Can't wait for the thread that announces Starfield and Redfall coming to PS5.

kejigoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#14 kejigoto
Member since 2004 • 2735 Posts

For just $24.99 you and up to four friends can share in the experience of being disappointed Halo Infinite still doesn't have co-op, still isn't getting regular updates, and in-game season events last longer than the actual seasons of the year. Keep your wallets handy if you wanna play the DLC of anything. Play those third party games too cause who knows when they are gonna leave the service.

Maybe next year Microsoft finally gets its development pipeline in order. Or the following year... or maybe the one after that. Any day now.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By hardwenzen  Online
@kejigoto said:

For just $24.99 you and up to four friends can share in the experience of being disappointed Halo Infinite still doesn't have co-op, still isn't getting regular updates, and in-game season events last longer than the actual seasons of the year. Keep your wallets handy if you wanna play the DLC of anything. Play those third party games too cause who knows when they are gonna leave the service.

Maybe next year Microsoft finally gets its development pipeline in order. Or the following year... or maybe the one after that. Any day now.

Who are you? WHO? I am in charge of reminding SW how much of a misery Halo Infinite is, not you. Stop doing my job. I never asked for help.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46296 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

Imagine the amount of money this company is losing😁Who needs profit when you can throw money away😁

Phil said they aren't losing money on it though.

Meanwhile Fromsoft had to be bailed out by Sony and Tencent of all companies 🤣

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hardwenzen  Online

@R4gn4r0k said:
@hardwenzen said:

Phil said a lot of things. Remember the BEST LINEUP IN XBOX HISTORY? Yea, that happened.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Mesome713

@girlusocrazy: You can do that also. But it doesn’t work like you’d think. You can’t play at the same time. I share with my nephew, but if we want to play a game together at the same time it won’t let us. But this way we get to. Plus now I can add my other nephew and niece now to our plan.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12572 Posts

So I can add 4 of my friends to my gamepass and charge each of them $10/month, which saves them $5/month and I get a net profit of $15/month plus my existing gamepass sub.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#20 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@mesome713 said:

@hardwenzen:

There is no proof here. What are the numbers?

This insurance wall is just like Mixer in the first year. "we're doing wonderfully!!!!". Yea, right...

The troll believes everything MS tells them. The creature would jump off a bridge if they were told there are magical powers to be had.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Mesome713

@joshrmeyer: your gonna be rich!

jimmydonegood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jimmydonegood
Member since 2015 • 188 Posts

Holy crap. 60 dollars for all these games. https://www.futuregamereleases.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/xbox-pc-games-coming-12-months-1024x576.jpg

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

Xbox....for the players

And their families.

Meanwhile Sony saps are being milked so hard their teats are black and blue🤣

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Mesome713

@simple-facts: Thats cows for you, meanwhile were now paying $4.99 now for GamePass Ultimate with this new plan. Boy are cows gonna be pissed. Cows have to pay $17.99 a month, and dont even get the full backlog catalog like Xbox does. Still dont get 1st party day 1, and still dont get anywhere near as many day 1 release. I pity the fool payin for that trash.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

What a fantastic deal. I don’t need it now but I’ll probably sign up to it in the future.

Meanwhile pos5 is raising the price of their consoles…a console with weaker hardware and worse games. Without the ps4 library and the remasters, ps5 would be sunk.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

MS/Xbox is just so good to their fans it's unreal. ;o

Meanwhile I suppose one could say the same for Phony since their fans love a good milking and Phony is always too happy to accommodate. lol :P

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 12957 Posts

Xbox Won

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5883 Posts

GamePass doing the business yet again

All cows have is unproven statements like its running at a loss, followed by just wait the cost will go up massively.

Meanwhile those that have it simply enjoy the goods that keep on coming.

Just wait give it a few years and Sony will suddenly realise what an idea it is and copy it in some way.

Microsoft flexing its muscles in so many ways.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

Wow i thought game pass was to make money. But after this new plan reveal, I think MS really is desperate that they are willing to lose money

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3404 Posts

This is just horrible, as a gamer all I care is paying as much as possible and Microsoft just keeps forcing the best deal in gaming down my throat. Then what, 3 years down the road they'll slightly make it more expensive? Nice try Microsoft, I'm playing 4D chess over here!

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

@kathaariancode said:

This is just horrible, as a gamer all I care is paying as much as possible and Microsoft just keeps forcing the best deal in gaming down my throat. Then what, 3 years down the road they'll slightly make it more expensive? Nice try Microsoft, I'm playing 4D chess over here!

;)

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4862 Posts

This is good. Currently, you can only share games between 2 Xbox's. I've got 2 kids with their own Xbox (and myself). This will allow us all to share one game and play online together with one subscription.

Avatar image for deactivated-631373f44e9fd
deactivated-631373f44e9fd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-631373f44e9fd
Member since 2004 • 549 Posts

No matter the price, I'll never care for gamepass.

just doesnt offer what im after.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23915 Posts

There is no denying that MS has the best deals, this just makes the best even better.

kejigoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#37 kejigoto
Member since 2004 • 2735 Posts

@hardwenzen:

I'm someone who thinks live services are horse shit, subscription services are for suckers, and Microsoft has been fucking up Halo since Bungie jettisoned itself to greener pastures.

So naturally threads like this are a perfect place for me to fling shit from a position of superiority.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 hardwenzen  Online

@kejigoto said:

@hardwenzen:

I'm someone who thinks live services are horse shit, subscription services are for suckers, and Microsoft has been fucking up Halo since Bungie jettisoned itself to greener pastures.

So naturally threads like this are a perfect place for me to fling shit from a position of superiority.

Interesting background and lore, actually.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@hardwenzen said:

Phil said a lot of things. Remember the BEST LINEUP IN XBOX HISTORY? Yea, that happened.

Like this?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 hardwenzen  Online

@goldenelementxl said:
@hardwenzen said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@hardwenzen said:

Like this?

oof

ZeroTheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ZeroTheHero
Member since 2021 • 1391 Posts

terrible waste of money you could buy a good indie game for that price and own it forever in your digital library pick your favorite

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 R4gn4r0k

@hardwenzen said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@hardwenzen said:

He kinda didn't lie though: Forza Horizon 5 and Age of Empires are some of the best Xbox studios games I've played in my life.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

That seems neat, I think. I'm not the target, and most people aren't but it's nice they're more options.

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4862 Posts
@shellcase86 said:

That seems neat, I think. I'm not the target, and most people aren't but it's nice they're more options.

That's fair, though I think more people are the target than expected. This plan pays for itself by having just 2 people on the plan. Everyone has at least one friend who they could link up with and it means they could share games under this plan, which would save more money.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6868 Posts
@mesome713 said:

No they don't.

Yeah. I mean, you could do the math on Game Pass. I guess you don’t know how many subscribers or how much each subscriber is paying, but you can make some fairly informed decisions and literally just do the math on what we think Game Pass could eventually be–you could do that on any part of the business. But absolutely, Game Pass is sustainable.”

He also added that the Game Pass isn’t their sole focus. “It’s not the only thing that’s growing in Xbox. It’s not the only focus of the organization.”

Spencer, throughout the entire interview, repeated the word “sustainable” a lot of times. However, sustainability is not equal to profitability. This means the Game Pass somehow manages to break even. Maybe the company does not earn profits or suffer losses.

I honestly don't care but I wonder if they will pull a Disney plus in a year.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

I thought you didn't care about profits.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#47 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69484 Posts

@techhog89 said:
@hardwenzen said:

I thought you didn't care about profits.

Ooof!

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:
@hardwenzen said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@hardwenzen said:

Like this?

/thread

SONY wins

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11097 Posts

I wonder how they're gonna manipulate the "Game Pass growth" numbers now, since one person can get it but others can suckle the teats

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By R4gn4r0k

@Heil68 said:

/thread

SONY wins

Sony is the winner at losing. Over the past year we got: