Official COD MW3 Hype Thread.It's time to cry hard!!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#52 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

LOL it's funny how battleflop fanboys are calling COD players 12 year olds. when the only ones acting like children are the COD haters. every five minutes, talking about a game they "Hate" COD with lame insults. you can till they were the losers getting beat up bye cool kids like me in school and have no real social life outside of these forums. especially when they make delusional statements like Battleflop3 will kill COD. I guess it's not fun to them because they have no friends in the real.

SAMKAVELI

This is a discussion thread about the game dude that puts all MW3 info in one place.It's not a lets make fun of a certain fanbase thread.You can read my first post in this thread to find the reason to why I created this thread.

OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 OneSanitarium
Member since 2009 • 6959 Posts

LOL it's funny how battleflop fanboys are calling COD players 12 year olds. when the only ones acting like children are the COD haters. every five minutes, talking about a game they "Hate" COD with lame insults. you can till they were the losers getting beat up bye cool kids like me in school and have no real social life outside of these forums. especially when they make delusional statements like Battleflop3 will kill COD. I guess it's not fun to them because they have no friends in the real.

SAMKAVELI

Is it funny that you are the only one hating with "lame insults"?

Avatar image for deactivated-586249e1b64ba
deactivated-586249e1b64ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 deactivated-586249e1b64ba
Member since 2004 • 7629 Posts

*Sees thread get stickied*

Hell, it's about time.

-----

*Watches the teasers*

Where's Canada? Not included because there isn't an "e" in "Canada"? Jerks. :|

:P

-----

Think people are looking a little too far into Elite as a premium service. Personally hoping it'll have more to do with clan support (Well, clan players arein a different league.) and other things to serve the community.

JediMindTrip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 JediMindTrip
Member since 2011 • 98 Posts
Do the MW series have better vantage points to snipe from, unlike Black Ops?
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

YES!!!! Sticky achieved :)

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 super600  Moderator

YES!!!! Sticky achieved :)

ActicEdge

I'm happy too.

Avatar image for -ArchAngeL-777-
-ArchAngeL-777-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#58 -ArchAngeL-777-
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
MW3 is gonna clean BF3's clock in the fall as usual. No way this game doesn't sell at least as well as MW2. EA, Guerrilla Games, and everyone else should just remain true to their unique formulas and stop worrying about catering to the COD crowd. They just get destroyed anyway, so might as well put something out that doesnt look like a knockoff.
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 super600  Moderator

MW3 is gonna clean BF3's clock in the fall as usual. No way this game doesn't sell at least as well as MW2. EA, Guerrilla Games, and everyone else should just remain true to their unique formulas and stop worrying about catering to the COD crowd. They just get destroyed anyway, so might as well put something out that doesnt look like a knockoff. -ArchAngeL-777-

I agree, but those devs do understand that their is a massive market that loves the COD style of gameplay and that's were they can get most of their money in the future from that group. That's why they try to appeal to that group.

Avatar image for -ArchAngeL-777-
-ArchAngeL-777-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#60 -ArchAngeL-777-
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts

[QUOTE="-ArchAngeL-777-"]MW3 is gonna clean BF3's clock in the fall as usual. No way this game doesn't sell at least as well as MW2. EA, Guerrilla Games, and everyone else should just remain true to their unique formulas and stop worrying about catering to the COD crowd. They just get destroyed anyway, so might as well put something out that doesnt look like a knockoff. super600

I agree, but those devs do understand that their is a massive market that loves the COD style of gameplay and that's were they can get most of their money in the future from that group. That's why they try to appeal to that group.

Unfortunately, its not translating to better sales for them. The first Bad Company did not sell that well. Bad Company 2 sold much better, but fell far short of being a smash sales hit. Sales for Killzone 3 have actually been worse than Killzone 2 even after everyone complained soooo much about the KZ2 controls. Medal of Honor had good but not great sales numbers. Socom 4 launched with abysmal sales numbers. So far there is no evidence whatsoever that these devs changing up their formula to please the COD crowd has been remotely successful.
Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Lto_thaG
Member since 2006 • 22611 Posts

Now all those annoying haters and fanboys will be stuck in one place.

This sticky will be so whiny.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#62 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts
[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="-ArchAngeL-777-"]MW3 is gonna clean BF3's clock in the fall as usual. No way this game doesn't sell at least as well as MW2. EA, Guerrilla Games, and everyone else should just remain true to their unique formulas and stop worrying about catering to the COD crowd. They just get destroyed anyway, so might as well put something out that doesnt look like a knockoff. -ArchAngeL-777-

Unfortunately, its not translating to better sales for them. The first Bad Company did not sell that well. Bad Company 2 sold much better, but fell far short of being a smash sales hit. Sales for Killzone 3 have actually been worse than Killzone 2 even after everyone complained soooo much about the KZ2 controls. Medal of Honor had good but not great sales numbers. Socom 4 launched with abysmal sales numbers. So far there is no evidence whatsoever that these devs changing up their formula to please the COD crowd has been remotely successful.

That reminds me of WoW. If someone wants a COD experience they will probably play COD? I don't get these developers. Though, don't forget the amount of money COD is pulling out of the industry. Even if the other games were better and maintained a completely different 'character', I think they would still sell less than they were used to.
SoraX64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#63 SoraX64
Member since 2008 • 29221 Posts
It figures that when they actually put a sticky up, the MW3 discussion just dies out. :P
paradigm68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 paradigm68
Member since 2003 • 5588 Posts
that the game will release on November 8,2010super600
Little typo there... I'm somewhat excited to pick this game up again when it hits $30 or $20, for the short but fun campaign and the feature filled split-screen modes.
RRTTWAAA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 RRTTWAAA
Member since 2011 • 419 Posts

Lol, this game is due in November...

too early for a sticky.

MrJack3690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 MrJack3690
Member since 2004 • 2227 Posts

too early for a sticky.

RRTTWAAA

Not with the 300 MW3 threads we've been getting daily, great time for a sticky.

SoraX64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#68 SoraX64
Member since 2008 • 29221 Posts

too early for a sticky.

RRTTWAAA
The sticky is because people like you kept spamming the board with threads.
Sp4rtan_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Sp4rtan_3
Member since 2010 • 3495 Posts

Lto_thaG

Don worry 80% of them will buy/rent the game come november. Its like the sonic cycle except they cry and complain all year then a week before the game ships they shut up and go out and buy it. Its happened with MW2 and Blops. I stick to my guns and haven't touched a CoD game since W@W but it seems SW fanboys love living in hypocrisy.

RRTTWAAA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 RRTTWAAA

[QUOTE="Lto_thaG"]

Sp4rtan_3

Don worry 80% of them will buy/rent the game come november. Its like the sonic cycle except they cry and complain all year then a week before the game ships they shut up and go out and buy it. Its happened with MW2 and Blops. I stick to my guns and haven't touched a CoD game since W@W but it seems SW fanboys love living in hypocrisy.

I could easily bet $5 you're one of them

Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Lto_thaG

[QUOTE="Lto_thaG"]

Sp4rtan_3

There are also the people that legitimately love the games like me. I will be buying MW3 on day one.It's just the fanboys and haters(haters mostly) that annoy me.

Sp4rtan_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Sp4rtan_3
Member since 2010 • 3495 Posts

[QUOTE="Sp4rtan_3"]

[QUOTE="Lto_thaG"]

RRTTWAAA

I could easily bet $5 you're one of them

Nope haven't touched a CoD game since W@W. Its a rehashed series that has very few improvements. But i'm not going to sit here and hate on it every year because its popular. CoD has its merits Its just not my cup of tea.

IPWNDU2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 IPWNDU2
Member since 2006 • 2535 Posts

Lto_thaG

better than the whole page obviously

Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Lto_thaG

[QUOTE="Lto_thaG"]

IPWNDU2

better than the whole page obviously

Yeah,that's true.
Still,I think this thread will contain the most whining in a hype thread ever.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#75 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

finally one place to store all the stupid topics...in 1 neat pile.

System wars can stop being CoD wars for a while hopefully.

Avatar image for 205212669269561485377169522720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#76 205212669269561485377169522720
Member since 2005 • 14458 Posts

I'm surprised at how many MW3 topics are still being made by a particular user and still having life in them while there's a sticky around.:P

As for this game, what part of the game describes the 3? The third installment in this setting? Well that makes sense since there's practically no story or gameplay advancements in these games whatsoever.:lol:

dercoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 dercoo
Member since 2006 • 12555 Posts

:lol:

It got stickied

My respect for SW mods just went up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 205212669269561485377169522720

:lol:

It got stickied

My respect for SW mods just went up

dercoo

Well.. The other threads are still going...:P

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60723 Posts
QUOTE="Sp4rtan_3"][QUOTE="Lto_thaG"]Now all those annoying haters and fanboys will be stuck in one place.This sticky will be so whiny.Lto_thaG

There are also the people that legitimately love the games like me. I will be buying MW3 on day one.It's just the fanboys and haters(haters mostly) that annoy me.

I dont hate the game, I'll rent it like Black Ops. The only thing I hate is how they took away all the stuff the PC gamers enjoyed in MW2.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#80 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

And he's still making topics...

RRTTWAAA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 RRTTWAAA

[QUOTE="Lto_thaG"]QUOTE="Sp4rtan_3"] Don worry 80% of them will buy/rent the game come november. Its like the sonic cycle except they cry and complain all year then a week before the game ships they shut up and go out and buy it. Its happened with MW2 and Blops. I stick to my guns and haven't touched a CoD game since W@W but it seems SW fanboys love living in hypocrisy.Heil68

I dont hate the game, I'll rent it like Black Ops. The only thing I hate is how they took away all the stuff the PC gamers enjoyed in MW2.

Like?

Matchmaking is much better than dedicated servers.

You invite friends, then go search for matches and you're guaranteed to be on the same team, in the same server, etc. No manual entering for every member!

bleehum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 bleehum
Member since 2004 • 5321 Posts

And he's still making topics...

mitu123
Of course.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 mitu123

[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="Lto_thaG"] There are also the people that legitimately love the games like me. I will be buying MW3 on day one.It's just the fanboys and haters(haters mostly) that annoy me.RRTTWAAA

Like?

You invite friends, then go search for matches and you're guaranteed to be on the same team, in the same server, etc. No manual entering for every member!

You do know dedicated servers give you more options right? Matchmaking takes longer since you have to wait while servers let you join a game as soon as possible.

RRTTWAAA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 RRTTWAAA

[QUOTE="RRTTWAAA"]

[QUOTE="Heil68"] I dont hate the game, I'll rent it like Black Ops. The only thing I hate is how they took away all the stuff the PC gamers enjoyed in MW2. mitu123

Like?

You do know dedicated servers give you more options right? Matchmaking takes longer since you have to wait while servers let you join a game as soon as possible.

Yeah but I hate this situation:

"ok, which server are we gonna join? Ok all join "TDM24/7, 8 players" etc.et.c

Golden_Boy187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Golden_Boy187
Member since 2007 • 787 Posts

MW3 is going to own

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 mitu123

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="RRTTWAAA"]

Like?

RRTTWAAA

This is why you plan this, like getting your friends for matchmaking. In matchmaking you don't have better control, and in some games you can't even choose your own maps or modes.
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#87 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

[QUOTE="RRTTWAAA"]

[QUOTE="mitu123"] You do know dedicated servers give you more options right? Matchmaking takes longer since you have to wait while servers let you join a game as soon as possible.

mitu123

This is why you plan this, like getting your friends for matchmaking. In matchmaking you don't have better control, and in some games you can't even choose your own maps or modes.

It shouldn't even be that hard. You play in a server and your friend clicks your name and joins the game. That's the way it's done for some time now and it's the way that works best.
A matchmaking or 'play now' option could always be added.

RRTTWAAA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 RRTTWAAA

[QUOTE="mitu123"][QUOTE="RRTTWAAA"]

KungfuKitten

It shouldn't even be that hard. You play in a server and your friend clicks your name and joins the game. That's the way it's done for some time now and it's the way that works best.

Nope. The best way to join is simply to join or get an invite, to the party, and the nsimply search for games.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60723 Posts
Like?Matchmaking is much better than dedicated servers.You invite friends, then go search for matches and you're guaranteed to be on the same team, in the same server, etc. No manual entering for every member!RRTTWAAA
The lack of dedicated servers was and IS bad, but add the lack of console commands, the inability to have a say in who hosts the game, a lengthy pause while the game migrates to a new host if the currently selected host quits, no leaning, no option to record matches, and no way to kick or block trouble players, hackers, or cheaters.
RRTTWAAA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 RRTTWAAA

[QUOTE="RRTTWAAA"]Like?Matchmaking is much better than dedicated servers.You invite friends, then go search for matches and you're guaranteed to be on the same team, in the same server, etc. No manual entering for every member!Heil68
The lack of dedicated servers was and IS bad, but add the lack of console commands, the inability to have a say in who hosts the game, a lengthy pause while the game migrates to a new host if the currently selected host quits, no leaning, no option to record matches, and no way to kick or block trouble players, hackers, or cheaters.

As if CoD4 on the PC had Theatre mode. And leaning??

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 mitu123

[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="RRTTWAAA"]Like?Matchmaking is much better than dedicated servers.You invite friends, then go search for matches and you're guaranteed to be on the same team, in the same server, etc. No manual entering for every member!RRTTWAAA

Um, COD4 on PC had lean, I own it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 205212669269561485377169522720

[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="RRTTWAAA"]Like?Matchmaking is much better than dedicated servers.You invite friends, then go search for matches and you're guaranteed to be on the same team, in the same server, etc. No manual entering for every member!RRTTWAAA

Use fraps. Also lol at your question.:P

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 mitu123

[QUOTE="KungfuKitten"][QUOTE="mitu123"] This is why you plan this, like getting your friends for matchmaking. In matchmaking you don't have better control, and in some games you can't even choose your own maps or modes.RRTTWAAA

Nope. The best way to join is simply to join or get an invite, to the party, and the nsimply search for games.

No, the best option is both dedicated servers and matchmaking, like Resistance 2, Bad Company 2(PC), Medal of Honor(PC), Black Ops(PC), etc.=p
razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 razgriz_101

Leaning is a thing on PC fps where usually the Q and E buttons are basically peek buttons for shoot outs to avoid you standing out totally exposed in a doorway,window etc.

Its a very handy thing but it doesnt translate well to consoles due to 1.lack of buttons and 2.Killzone like systems feel clunky and unesscesarily stupid.So they tend to be cut from the console versions.

A great tool for a player in a lot of scenarios instead of rambo-ing exposed and praying he gets through ok.

RRTTWAAA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 RRTTWAAA

[QUOTE="RRTTWAAA"]

[QUOTE="Heil68"] The lack of dedicated servers was and IS bad, but add the lack of console commands, the inability to have a say in who hosts the game, a lengthy pause while the game migrates to a new host if the currently selected host quits, no leaning, no option to record matches, and no way to kick or block trouble players, hackers, or cheaters.razgriz_101

Leaning is a thing on PC fps where usually the Q and E buttons are basically peek buttons for shoot outs to avoid you standing out totally exposed in a doorway,window etc.

Its a very handy thing but it doesnt translate well to consoles due to 1.lack of buttons and 2.Killzone like systems feel clunky and unesscesarily stupid.So they tend to be cut from the console versions.

A great tool for a player in a lot of scenarios instead of rambo-ing exposed and praying he gets through ok.

Oh that kind of leaning! This isnt so extremely necessary in COD. :?

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

[QUOTE="RRTTWAAA"]

[QUOTE="Heil68"] The lack of dedicated servers was and IS bad, but add the lack of console commands, the inability to have a say in who hosts the game, a lengthy pause while the game migrates to a new host if the currently selected host quits, no leaning, no option to record matches, and no way to kick or block trouble players, hackers, or cheaters.sanim02

Use fraps. Also lol at your question.:P

COD4 player is better for recording your gameplay :P its a lot like theater mode, and it wont slow you down like fraps 8) I hope more games do start having theater mode.

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

[QUOTE="RRTTWAAA"]

RRTTWAAA

Oh that kind of leaning! This isnt so extremely necessary in COD. :?

Dont think you need it, but I can definitely see someone mastering it, and giving them some what of an advantage. For stock cod I would find it useless, but for people who like to mod their games, and makes their own game modes.... like the pro mods out there, it can definitely be a good addition to them.

RRTTWAAA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 RRTTWAAA

I still dont see the point in a sticky for a November release. Then wheres the Gears 3 sticky? :roll: mods these days...

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 razgriz_101

I still dont see the point in a sticky for a November release. Then wheres the Gears 3 sticky? :roll: mods these days...

RRTTWAAA

considering the fact you've made at least 2 dozen topics over the past week bout MW3 its more than necessary to keep the board flowing and not looking like the typical CoD gameboard.

RRTTWAAA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 RRTTWAAA

[QUOTE="RRTTWAAA"]

razgriz_101

considering the fact you've made at least 2 dozen topics over the past week bout MW3 its more than necessary to keep the board flowing and not looking like the typical CoD gameboard.

so is that the final reason?