Oddworld devs: Indie games don't matter to Microsoft

• 85 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

Sadly this is not surprising to hear.

I am an avid fan of indie games, having poured 3 hours into The Binding of Isaac so far this weekend. There really is no point in me investing in the Xbox One

The_Gaming_Baby
Yup.
AD216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 AD216
Member since 2008 • 1719 Posts
[QUOTE="AD216"][QUOTE="tormentos"]

MS asked to much from developers lets see if this gen,developers will comply,MS has no advantage this time and going by pre sales it look like it will be outsold  from the opening bell,if sony was able to catch MS even with a more expensive console imagine what will happen with a cheaper one,and developers will see that,and will be almost impossible for MS to get exclusives unless they finance that game.

This gen they were able to bend 3rd parties hands into releasing games on the same time or sooner than the PS3,this new gen will be allot more different.

Either way more games to the PS4 that will not be on xbox one,let see how hard self publishing on PS4 will hurt the xbox one.

TheDidact
it goes both ways. sony's console seller for most of this gen was free online. that advantage is gone. with that said, i dnt believe no one has ever bought a console because of indie games.

Sony didn't have the advantage of being $100 cheaper last gen. And the exclusives will arrive much sooner than they did on the PS3. Sony confirmed 20 First Party/SCE Owned Franchise exclusives slated for release from Launch-End of 2014. The PS3 most certainly did not have that advantage.

at this point as subjective as it is, there is no doubt that the majority of people on the internet believes x1 has better games at this point (unless ur a sony fanboy). it seems like more than a few of those sony exclusives will be indie games so that's advantage x1. the price is a solid advantage for sony unless ms can prove kinect is worth having. and imo they've done a great job lately showing it's improvement and strengths. if they can incorporate it in games in a smart enough way, it can effectively all but erase that advantage.
timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#53 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Gaming_Baby"]

I am an avid fan of indie games, having poured 3 hours into The Binding of Isaac so far this weekend. There really is no point in me investing in the Xbox One

Heil68
Yup.

You say you will get one. They you say you won't. You say you won't one. Then you don't. So stupid.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Heil68
[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="The_Gaming_Baby"]

timbers_WSU
Yup.

You say you will get one. They you say you won't. You say you won't one. Then you don't. So stupid.

You seem butthurt? Does it matter I'm not loyal to a piece of plastic like you are WarTorn?
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

awww, did the po widdle dev have to go through the big bad appwoval pwocess that thousands of ofer games had to go froo?

awww, dats too bad.

tings are hawd on a po widdle dev awent dey?

oh well, if a po widdle dev can't meet xbl standards there is always psn isin't der.

:lol:

seriously though, if you guys can't look at xbl and psn and see why there is such a vast divide in the quality between the two sets of games on the competing platforms then there is nothing i can do to change your mind because that shyt is pretty self evident.

stringent approval process = xbl = the games that you see on there.

lax approval process = psn = the games you see on there.

that is how simple this argument is.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#56 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41535 Posts

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]Like I said before, this just proves that all three companies are guilty of alienating third parties.psx_warrior
How is Sony guilty of that? Sony has been good to indie developers.

Sure they treat devs well now, but in the past during the PS2/GameCube/XBOX era (and perhaps very late in the PS1/N64 era), they alienated Resident Evil creator, Shinji Mikami to the point of him saying he would hate to see a PS2 port of RE4 (which happened anyway).

TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57 TheDidact
Member since 2012 • 3986 Posts
[QUOTE="AD216"][QUOTE="TheDidact"][QUOTE="AD216"] it goes both ways. sony's console seller for most of this gen was free online. that advantage is gone. with that said, i dnt believe no one has ever bought a console because of indie games.

Sony didn't have the advantage of being $100 cheaper last gen. And the exclusives will arrive much sooner than they did on the PS3. Sony confirmed 20 First Party/SCE Owned Franchise exclusives slated for release from Launch-End of 2014. The PS3 most certainly did not have that advantage.

at this point as subjective as it is, there is no doubt that the majority of people on the internet believes x1 has better games at this point (unless ur a sony fanboy). it seems like more than a few of those sony exclusives will be indie games so that's advantage x1. the price is a solid advantage for sony unless ms can prove kinect is worth having. and imo they've done a great job lately showing it's improvement and strengths. if they can incorporate it in games in a smart enough way, it can effectively all but erase that advantage.

At the moment, the X1 definitely has the better lineup by far. But Sony confirmed that the Indie games are NOT part of its 20 game lineup. Sony has only revealed 5/20 games so far. They didn't need to unveil that many to "win" E3 in the eyes of many. They will be unveiling new exclusives at Gamescom, TGS, and the VGA, so it's best to wait until then to really compare the full lineups of both systems.
CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

yeah, lets call out ms over indies while at the same time marvelling over the depth of xbl arcade and xbl indie.

sounds more like it was a game that could not meet xbla standards and they want to cry about it.

:cry: whaaaa! they were mean to us whaa! :cry:

you guys will believe anything you hear as long as it lines up with what you already believe and blatant evidence to the contrary be damned.

the only reason sony is even jocking indie and you are following on the bandwagon is because of the massive success of xbla.

toast_burner

So people should ignore Microsofts terrible policies because you don't want to seem like you're whining?

Oddly enough you come across as a whiny b**** more so than anyone else. 

Fact is between Sony and Microsoft when it comes to the more indie friendly company last gen it was Microsoft by a landslide. I do not not understand why everyone thinks sony is going to be so much more indie friendly then Microsoft when they were not even close to as indie friendly as MS last gen.
TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 TheDidact

awww, did the po widdle dev have to go through the big bad appwoval pwocess that thousands of ofer games had to go froo?

awww, dats too bad.

oh well, if a po widdle dev can't meet xbl standards there is always psn isin't der.

seriously though, if you guys can't look at xbl and psn and see why there is such a vast divide in the quality between the two sets of games on the competing platforms then there is nothing i can do to change your mind because that shyt is pretty self evident.

Riverwolf007
Is that why the PSN has exclusives like Journey, Shatter, Super Stardust HD, and more, along with many quality multiplat downloadable games? What downloadable titles have been announced for X1 aside from Below, Minecraft, and Lococycle (which looks like a PS2 game).
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#60 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

[QUOTE="crimsonman1245"]

Games in general doesnt matter to Microsoft.

FoxbatAlpha

MS is right. Who give a shiz about indies.

You should. There are some awesome and innovative indie games.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#61 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
FTL is one of my favourite games this gen and it's indie.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#62 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
There are plenty of other networks that will take your game. What is so important about XBLA?
timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#63 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts
[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="timbers_WSU"][QUOTE="Heil68"] Yup.

You seem butthurt? Does it matter I'm not loyal to a piece of plastic like you are WarTorn?

So you are saying you are not loyal to Sony? And I have proved time and time again I had more PS3 games then all of you useless Cow trolls.
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Riverwolf007

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

awww, dats too bad.

TheDidact

Is that why the PSN has exclusives like Journey, Shatter, Super Stardust HD, and more, along with many quality multiplat downloadable games? What downloadable titles have been announced for X1 aside from Below, Minecraft, and Lococycle (which looks like a PS2 game).

lol, yeah lets pretend the psn lineup even comes close to the xbl line up.

that's cute.

i really have no clue how to get the importance of the "terrible" approval process across to you guys...

hmm...

maybe if there were two games that were very similar but one is an example of being held to a set of standards and the other that is not held to any standards and has a lax approval process.

maybe something like.

th?id=H.4652266724524314&pid=15.1

http://www.gamespot.com/trials-evolution/

and something like.

th?id=H.5058725200069079&pid=15.1

http://www.gamespot.com/motorbike/reviews/motorbike-review-6410885/

;)

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 XBOunity
Member since 2013 • 3837 Posts

well they better stop making indie games for the windows 8 store, because essentially thats what its going to be on the x1.    they might just change the name, two platforms, extremely similar code, port them to both..     Microsoft will announce this, just need to figure out all the logistics and gameplan.   Sorry if its not quick enough, if it werent for Microsoft all indies would of never existed in the console war because Sony sure hell thought they didnt matter.    

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Heil68
[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"][QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="timbers_WSU"] You say you will get one. They you say you won't. You say you won't one. Then you don't. So stupid.

So you are saying you are not loyal to Sony? And I have proved time and time again I had more PS3 games then all of you useless Cow trolls.

I'm not. They can go out of business tomorrow and I wouldn't give a fvck..haha,
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

So thats why there are vastly more indie game offerings on the 360 compared to the ps3? or Why MS has done more this generation for indies on consoles than Sony?

Avatar image for Doom_HellKnight
Doom_HellKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Doom_HellKnight
Member since 2005 • 12217 Posts
[QUOTE="crimsonman1245"]

FoxbatAlpha
MS is right. Who give a shiz about indies.

You apparently do, seeing as how you're "Now Playing: ...Minecraft".
Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

crimsonman1245

rockydog1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#70 rockydog1111
Member since 2006 • 2079 Posts

It's a shame because Oddworld on XBox was one of the highlights of the system for me. I think MS will change their stance on indie games in the near future.

I-AM-N00B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#71 I-AM-N00B
Member since 2012 • 470 Posts

Who cares about indie games? In all honesty I have never played an indie game but chances are they are boring because its only real nerds that play them. I wont have time to play shitty indie games anyway because next generation most of my free time will be spent playing Call Of Duty:Ghosts and Titanfall!

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

I've been playing strangers wrath HD and damn, that game really surprised me with how good it was despite the age.

Oddysee and exodus are also fantastic games, really can't wait for new N' tasty.

AD216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 AD216
Member since 2008 • 1719 Posts
[QUOTE="AD216"][QUOTE="TheDidact"]Sony didn't have the advantage of being $100 cheaper last gen. And the exclusives will arrive much sooner than they did on the PS3. Sony confirmed 20 First Party/SCE Owned Franchise exclusives slated for release from Launch-End of 2014. The PS3 most certainly did not have that advantage.TheDidact

At the moment, the X1 definitely has the better lineup by far. But Sony confirmed that the Indie games are NOT part of its 20 game lineup. Sony has only revealed 5/20 games so far. They didn't need to unveil that many to "win" E3 in the eyes of many. They will be unveiling new exclusives at Gamescom, TGS, and the VGA, so it's best to wait until then to really compare the full lineups of both systems.

their e3 conference sucked up until they said no drm and $399. all they showed were multiplats. that's a tell tell sign to me that they have no confidence in their lineup right now. i do believe it'll get better, at least that's what i'm hoping.
DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 DrTrafalgarLaw
Member since 2011 • 4487 Posts

Microsoft's Anti-Gaming Saga continues at: World of Tanks devs: Xbox policies unacceptable for F2P/indie developers

ManatuBeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 ManatuBeard
Member since 2012 • 1121 Posts

Indies are vital for gaming society nowadays. Im sure Sony also has 2nd intentions with so much indie love, they can pick the most creative and talented devs from a big selection and either integrate them in their teams or offer exclusive contracts.

Sony pursuit for new innovative IPs is not a secret to anyone, its the best way to stand out in the middle of the competition.

I am loving it, i love indie games for the different experiences they provide.

TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 TheDidact
[QUOTE="AD216"][QUOTE="TheDidact"][QUOTE="AD216"] at this point as subjective as it is, there is no doubt that the majority of people on the internet believes x1 has better games at this point (unless ur a sony fanboy). it seems like more than a few of those sony exclusives will be indie games so that's advantage x1. the price is a solid advantage for sony unless ms can prove kinect is worth having. and imo they've done a great job lately showing it's improvement and strengths. if they can incorporate it in games in a smart enough way, it can effectively all but erase that advantage.

their e3 conference sucked up until they said no drm and $399. all they showed were multiplats. that's a tell tell sign to me that they have no confidence in their lineup right now. i do believe it'll get better, at least that's what i'm hoping.

Thats all they needed to show. Look at many people's E3 reviews, many say that Sony destroyed MS just because of those two things. I personally don't think Sony won E3 but why release your entire lineup only to have it get overshadowed by those two things. Again, 20 exclusives are coming out next year. If they suck, then I'll completely agree that Sony has no confidence in its lineup. Gamers are very fickle in some areas. If they come out at every conference and announce a bunch of exclusives from now on, everybody will look at Sony as the company that always announces a ton of exclusives. If they blew their load at E3, they'd be seen again as having no games.
TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 TheDidact

[QUOTE="TheDidact"][QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

awww, dats too bad.

Riverwolf007

that's cute.

i really have no clue how to get the importance of the "terrible" approval process across to you guys...

hmm...

maybe if there were two games that were very similar but one is an example of being held to a set of standards and the other that is not held to any standards and has a lax approval process.

maybe something like.

and something like.

;)

Do you want me to compare Wipeout HD to Hydro Thunder Hurricane?
HadOne2Many

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 HadOne2Many
Member since 2012 • 1485 Posts
I really loved the 2D Oddworld games, excellent art direction and gameplay...but Lanning has and will always be a loud mouthed attention seeking whore. Take anything that comes out of his mouth with a grain of salt. And as always when he does start spewing his bull shit it always seems to be whenever he's got a new game coming out. Cheaper than advertising I guess.
Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

so they don't care about indies or game updates or exclusives.

But they have kinect!

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10616 Posts

[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"][QUOTE="RR360DD"]Which is on Xbox and Xbox One .... hmm I'm seeing some self-ownage here :cool:RR360DD
Ah yes, we can always count on you for pure stupidity and ignorance. At least you are consistent.....consistently stupid.

I thought you ad-blocked me. You just couldn't stand the thought of missing out on my posts could you :cool: self-owned.

you really need to learn the meaning of this word ASAP!!!!!!

CDWJUSTIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 CDWJUSTIN
Member since 2003 • 2078 Posts

kinect and ads will fix everything.Mr-Kutaragi

where can i "like" your comment?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#83 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts
That's business folks. That's what I don't do, take it personal. Is it shitty to those it affects, yes. Am I one of them, no. I play games. I play them on multiple systems. So I do business with them. Its too big for me to judge. I want to play games. Xbox has some of the ones I want to play, so I buy it. Its that simple. There are more important things in our society to crusade against than a damn console manufacturer.
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Riverwolf007

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

[QUOTE="TheDidact"]Is that why the PSN has exclusives like Journey, Shatter, Super Stardust HD, and more, along with many quality multiplat downloadable games? What downloadable titles have been announced for X1 aside from Below, Minecraft, and Lococycle (which looks like a PS2 game).TheDidact

that's cute.

hmm...

maybe something like.

and something like.

;)

Do you want me to compare Wipeout HD to Hydro Thunder Hurricane?

why yes... yes i do.

i would like that very much please.

http://www.gamespot.com/hydro-thunder-hurricane/     8.0

http://www.gamespot.com/wipeout-hd/     7.5

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1