Oblivion Proves What Cows Have Said All Along

• 112 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 0

#101 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

[QUOTE="lawsonboy"]Typical Cow...talking a bunch of BS before the game is even out just like they did about the PS3 and look what has happened so far...every multiplat for 360 and PS3 has scored better for the 360.

What makes you think Oblvion will be any different? Come back and talk to me when PS3 gets a game that looks half as good as Gears of War. But teh cell!!!!!
KeyWii
Well we have 2 respectable game websites having gone on the record as saying the PS3 version is clearly the technical superior.

What exactly does that mean?

I can point to a couple of multiplats that are better on the 360, does that mean the 360 is the technical superior? According to your logic, yes it does.

Dekuxutu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 Dekuxutu
Member since 2006 • 6905 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="KeyWii"][QUOTE="-GeordiLaForge-"]Says KeyWii, the biggest Sony fanboy in SW. The sharper textures are getting patched to the 360 version btw. And the game better run a little better. They've only had an extra YEAR to optimize it...KeyWii

THE BETTER LONG DISTANCED TEXTURES ARE BEING PATCHED TO THE 360. NOT THE GENERALLY SHARPER CLOSE PROXIMITY TEXTURES GAMESPOT NOTED IN THEIR PREVIEW. Thanks.

Which is due to the extra year of development and optimization time.

Which is due to the better hardware of the PS3. (Standard HDD, Cell, Ram, RSX)

Xenos>RSX and 360 Ram> PS3 Ram
OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts
This is nothing more than an extra year of Dev time being put into the game.. Same thing with FNR3...  This is nothing to gloat over my friend and it certainly doesn't "prove the cows right"... All this proves is that with a Good dev house a great game can turn out even better WITH AN EXTRA YEARS DEVELOPMENT TIME... nothing more..  However I do feel the need to point out that Oblivion is a great game overall and it should be enjoyed by all who are lucky enough to play it.. regardless of what platform they do it on.. 
Avatar image for -GeordiLaForge-
-GeordiLaForge-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 -GeordiLaForge-
Member since 2006 • 7167 Posts

KeyWii... your a well known troll and you at least "normally" do an ok job of getting peoples backs up...

However you really have stuffed up this little thead

Your OP was all about trying to prove the PS3 hardware is better based solely on the fact you think development time had
nothing to do with the PS3 Oblivion improvements. Now thats blown out of the water your entire thread is quite meaningless

Yes the PS3 does and should have a little edge on the 360 version... and yes it might not be patched over. But it was stated
by them that it was *solely* due to the extra development time and *nothing* that was added could not be added to PC/360 versions.

So thats it really, end thread... you tryed but it didn't work, try another topic.

DMWhiteDragon
Plus the PS3 version will be lacking either AA or HDR. So either way, they'll be about the same in the end.
KeyWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#105 KeyWii
Member since 2006 • 4884 Posts
This is nothing more than an extra year of Dev time being put into the game.. Same thing with FNR3... This is nothing to gloat over my friend and it certainly doesn't "prove the cows right"... All this proves is that with a Good dev house a great game can turn out even better WITH AN EXTRA YEARS DEVELOPMENT TIME... nothing more.. However I do feel the need to point out that Oblivion is a great game overall and it should be enjoyed by all who are lucky enough to play it.. regardless of what platform they do it on.. OhSnapitz
It didn't have an extra years development time. The Xbox 360 was released a year before the PS3. (i.e The Developers received the 360 development kits 1 year before the PS3 dev kits.)
Avatar image for -GeordiLaForge-
-GeordiLaForge-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 -GeordiLaForge-
Member since 2006 • 7167 Posts
[QUOTE="OhSnapitz"]This is nothing more than an extra year of Dev time being put into the game.. Same thing with FNR3... This is nothing to gloat over my friend and it certainly doesn't "prove the cows right"... All this proves is that with a Good dev house a great game can turn out even better WITH AN EXTRA YEARS DEVELOPMENT TIME... nothing more.. However I do feel the need to point out that Oblivion is a great game overall and it should be enjoyed by all who are lucky enough to play it.. regardless of what platform they do it on.. KeyWii
It didn't have an extra years development time. The Xbox 360 was released a year before the PS3. (i.e The Developers received the 360 development kits 1 year before the PS3 dev kits.)

Proof? Thought so...
PacBoy23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 PacBoy23
Member since 2004 • 9505 Posts
i just want to see if it has better loading times because on 360 it was horrible or too often in my opinion
OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 OhSnapitz
[QUOTE="OhSnapitz"]This is nothing more than an extra year of Dev time being put into the game.. Same thing with FNR3... This is nothing to gloat over my friend and it certainly doesn't "prove the cows right"... All this proves is that with a Good dev house a great game can turn out even better WITH AN EXTRA YEARS DEVELOPMENT TIME... nothing more.. However I do feel the need to point out that Oblivion is a great game overall and it should be enjoyed by all who are lucky enough to play it.. regardless of what platform they do it on.. KeyWii

Do you have proof of this?
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#109 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

But the game was finished when it went into development for the PS3. This is not so with the 360 and PC. There was still work to be done on the game. All they had to do with the PS3 version was improve on what they had already made, giving them more time to optimize for the PS3 than they had with the PC/360.

It's not because of superior hardware, it's because of increased development time.

bman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#110 bman000
Member since 2006 • 3592 Posts

It was released on the 360 a year eariler, because the 360 was more or less out a year earlier.
Coyo7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Coyo7e
Member since 2005 • 3672 Posts

[QUOTE="KeyWii"][QUOTE="OhSnapitz"]This is nothing more than an extra year of Dev time being put into the game.. Same thing with FNR3... This is nothing to gloat over my friend and it certainly doesn't "prove the cows right"... All this proves is that with a Good dev house a great game can turn out even better WITH AN EXTRA YEARS DEVELOPMENT TIME... nothing more.. However I do feel the need to point out that Oblivion is a great game overall and it should be enjoyed by all who are lucky enough to play it.. regardless of what platform they do it on.. OhSnapitz

I doubt there is proof of that.  When I first heard of oblivion for consoles the ps3 was the first system I heard mentioned.  They have always been planning on taking to that system.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 OhSnapitz

[QUOTE="OhSnapitz"][QUOTE="KeyWii"][QUOTE="OhSnapitz"]This is nothing more than an extra year of Dev time being put into the game.. Same thing with FNR3... This is nothing to gloat over my friend and it certainly doesn't "prove the cows right"... All this proves is that with a Good dev house a great game can turn out even better WITH AN EXTRA YEARS DEVELOPMENT TIME... nothing more.. However I do feel the need to point out that Oblivion is a great game overall and it should be enjoyed by all who are lucky enough to play it.. regardless of what platform they do it on.. Coyo7e

I doubt there is proof of that. When I first heard of oblivion for consoles the ps3 was the first system I heard mentioned. They have always been planning on taking to that system.

Exactly! GameInformer listed all the system's (excluding the wii ofcourse) when they ran the cover story 2 years ago.. It may have came out on the PC/360 first but I think it's pretty clear the PS3 version was already in development..
Drukter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Drukter
Member since 2006 • 1484 Posts
[QUOTE="sonicare"]the developers have had access to the system before its launch, genius.KeyWii
OH GEE! YOU GOT ME! TOO BAD THE SAME IS APPLIED TO THE 360. lol

Yeah well, except the game is... you know.. finished :| ..They just need to port it now.
joe_g_patton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#114 joe_g_patton
Member since 2003 • 1548 Posts

I played Oblivion in the Spring of 2006.  Even if you are right about Oblivion being MARGINALLY better on the PS3, have fun playing basically the same game that 360 owners have had access to since March of 2006.  Who knows, maybe it will get delayed 5 more times?