Nvidia Shield Console Could Crush PS4 & Xbox One

• 94 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

Reported as I feel threatened in real life from your behavior and e-bullying.

If i remember correctly, you were "e-bullying" me yesterday so good look with that. But if you'd feel more comfortable, feel free to tag DigitalDame about the issue

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@lostrib said:
@Jankarcop said:

Reported as I feel threatened in real life from your behavior and e-bullying.

If i remember correctly, you were "e-bullying" me yesterday so good look with that. But if you'd feel more comfortable, feel free to tag DigitalDame about the issue

i'll get the FBI

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By lostrib

@Jankarcop: stalking is a serious issue, you shouldn't joke about it

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Jankarcop

Thats why I said e-stalking, don't make light of such things.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 lostrib

@Jankarcop: well let me know what the FBI says, and then perhaps they know someone who would be interested to hear about your tendency to have sex with unconscious women.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Jankarcop

I have never done that. What you just did was defamation, and is illegal.

Your must be stop.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By lostrib
@Jankarcop said:

Your must be stop.

take it up with yourself

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#58 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

Hate all you want, but streaming works and is much better than what we have now. Just imagine a Netflix version of videogames.

It won't work yet in US though for other reasons.

rabakill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59 rabakill
Member since 2004 • 884 Posts

@Heirren said:
@Slimmin360 said:
@charizard1605 said:

So you pay $200 for an Android console, and then you pay money to get into the streaming service, and then you pay more money to stream individual titles that you do not own.

Do you see the problem yet?

So you pay $400 for an Xbox One and PS4 then you pay for Xbox Live and PSN Plus, then you pay for games via Live or PSN or PSN Now, or your local game store.....Do you see problem yet?

No? Exactly there is no difference, except of course you don't need to worry about hard drive space or mandatory installs on the Nvidia Shield, just select the game you purchased it starts streaming and your playing.......So even if after the $200 for the Nvidia console, and lets say another $80 for the Grid service, even though Grid's service price wasn't announced yet, then $60 for Witcher 3, that still comes in less than buying a PS4 or X1 with no games and no online service.

By the way Nvidia did a live start up and Streaming gameplay walkthrough of such games like Grid 2 and Witcher 3 running at 60fps, in 1080p at 60hz, and there was no lag, even the guy from CD Projekt could not believe it was streaming Witcher 3 with those settings........IT WORKS!!!

Any disbelievers go to Youtube and watch the Nvidia Shield presentation at GDC for yourselves

So essentially you are okay with giving up COMPLETE control of owning a game? You are okay with laggy gameplay, inconsistent visuals, and spending money on the console, streaming service, AND internet? That is taking one big shot in the mouth.

Ummm... you just described console gaming anyways.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Jankarcop

@lostrib said:

take it up with yourself

I think I explained myself pretty well in that picture.

Intercourse did not begin until she was fully awake. Cuddling is not illegal.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 lostrib

@Jankarcop: yeah, you explained that you initiated sex with a woman while she was unconscious.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Jankarcop

With my GF, and it was cuddling/foreplay at first. Your false crusade against me has failed as I am still a free man.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 lostrib

@Jankarcop: Still a free man? So you think there's some reason you shouldn't be?

It seems every time you have to try and add something, is that the delusion you have to create so you can believe a woman actually wanted to have sex with you?

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#64 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

So an experimental streaming console is going to "smash" sales wise one of the most successful console launches in history and two well entrenched names in the business?

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

@DocSanchez said:

So an experimental streaming console is going to "smash" sales wise one of the most successful console launches in history and two well entrenched names in the business?

The guy bought an Alienware Alpha, he has everything figured out.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 DocSanchez
@inb4uall said:
@lostrib said:

This sounds like when you hyped the OUYA

You couldn't handle an Alienware prebuilt, and now you want to dick around with streaming games?

We've established TC is a helpless moron.

We've established no such thing. Grow up!

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 lostrib

@DocSanchez: no it was established in previous threads

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 DocSanchez

@lostrib: No, it hasn't. Because you haven't met him. It's pointless to pile on someone just for writing silly things on system wars. Cut the personal insults.

The person who was abusive to him has also been abusive to others, it's not needed.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By NyaDC

@DocSanchez said:

@lostrib: No, it hasn't. Because you haven't met him. It's pointless to pile on someone just for writing silly things on system wars. Cut the personal insults.

The person who was abusive to him has also been abusive to others, it's not needed.

When did the fact that we're on the Internet leave the equation?

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 DocSanchez

@nyadc: Because you can't really judge someone based on their limited internet profile. The internet is a breeding ground of ignorance.

It's all very well and good being mischievous on system wars, this is the right place for it after all. But ganging up on someone will never sit right with me.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 NyaDC

@DocSanchez said:

@nyadc: Because you can't really judge someone based on their limited internet profile. The internet is a breeding ground of ignorance.

It's all very well and good being mischievous on system wars, this is the right place for it after all. But ganging up on someone will never sit right with me.

Dude, with the topics this guy creates and the way he reacts to the responses he gets, he has it coming.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 DocSanchez

@nyadc: If topics like these bother you enough to sling insults around system wars isn't a good place to frequent. So the topic is a joke. It is a joke, its ridiculous. And I even think the OP has been obnoxious to me in the past. But so what? I'm not going to lose sight of who I am because of it.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 NyaDC

@DocSanchez said:

@nyadc: If topics like these bother you enough to sling insults around system wars isn't a good place to frequent. So the topic is a joke. It is a joke, its ridiculous. And I even think the OP has been obnoxious to me in the past. But so what? I'm not going to lose sight of who I am because of it.

If you actually act how you do in real life on the internet, you're doing it wrong.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

@DocSanchez said:

Get some thicker skin or get out.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 DocSanchez

@inb4uall: I have a tremendously thick skin, I just think you are an immature baby who adds nothing to the discussion other than outright personal attacks.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By inb4uall

@DocSanchez said:

@inb4uall: I have a tremendously thick skin, I just think you are an immature baby who adds nothing to the discussion other than outright personal attacks.

That's fine. You're perfectly entitled to that opinion. Unfortunately I don't care in the slightest what you think.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56308 Posts

@lostrib said:
@Jankarcop said:

Your must be stop.

take it up with yourself

You do relies that's consider raping and he can get in trouble for that, if not, Jail time. that's a serious case and the Feds don't play that shit.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 DocSanchez

@inb4uall: All I heard was wah wah wah. It's like playing Super Mario World 2 around you.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 inb4uall

@DocSanchez said:

@inb4uall: All I heard was wah wah wah. It's like playing Super Mario World 2 around you.

Good for you I guess?

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Jankarcop

@davillain- said:

You do relies that's consider raping and he can get in trouble for that, if not, Jail time. that's a serious case and the Feds don't play that shit.

I consider foreplay and cuddling part of sex. Intercourse did not start until she was conscious. She's my GF and we are both freaky, last I checked that isn't illegal. The "Feds" would be quite disappointing when she laughs at their faces if they ever show up.

It would simply amount to a lesser form of swatting.

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#81 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

Lol steaming. Lol tablet processors being compared to dedicated cpus/gpus.

Remember Onlive? Remember Ouya?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56308 Posts

@Jankarcop said:
@davillain- said:

I consider foreplay and cuddling part of sex. Intercourse did not start until she was conscious. She's my GF and we are both freaky, last I checked that isn't illegal. The "Feds" would be quite disappointing when she laughs at their faces if they ever show up.

It would simply amount to a lesser form of swatting.

Slow down buddy, you didn't have to say it like that. I was just giving my advice and nothing more. Whatever you do, that's none of my business.

bulby_g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 bulby_g
Member since 2005 • 1861 Posts

This is the future for all consoles I suspect. Next gen or the following one Sony and MS will follow suit. It will be interesting to see how the streaming is and if it's just a bit too early for this tech.

Buckhannah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Buckhannah
Member since 2013 • 715 Posts

Didn't try hards say the same shit about Onlive? PSnow is a feature of ps4. Not the main way it plays games, and for good reason. Game streaming is years away from being mainstream.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#85 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

It won't.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#86  Edited By mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

@Buckhannah said:

Didn't try hards say the same shit about Onlive? PSnow is a feature of ps4. Not the main way it plays games, and for good reason. Game streaming is years away from being mainstream.

Onlive failed on day one, or day zero even!!!

I would know as I used it, sadly.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

Yeah you guys must haven't have seen demonstrations to illustrate how ahead Nvidia's streaming techis compared to every one elses..

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

.. There is also other videos showing a guy using grid 2300 miles away with little to no discernable lag on the shield.. Not saying the NVidia shield is going to be good or bad, I honestly don't know.. But to suggest that streaming isn't up to the task, is wrong.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Slimmin360
Member since 2010 • 1933 Posts

@DocSanchez said:

No not smash sales, but hopefully be the beginning of future streaming consoles and game services to come, and I for one hope Nvidia blazes the way for others to follow, because I believe streaming games will be equally as popular as streaming movies, and more cost effective.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts
@sSubZerOo said:

Yeah you guys must haven't have seen demonstrations to illustrate how ahead Nvidia's streaming techis compared to every one elses..

.. There is also other videos showing a guy using grid 2300 miles away with little to no discernable lag on the shield.. Not saying the NVidia shield is going to be good or bad, I honestly don't know.. But to suggest that streaming isn't up to the task, is wrong.

You couldn't see the lag? I thought it was pretty obvious honestly. You can especially see it when he hits the analog control to turn there's def a noticeable lag from when he hits the stick to when it actually starts moving. Even with fast internet and perfect connections, the ping from most people's houses to a nearby server will be around 30-60ms. That's 15-30ms minimum for the server to even know you pressed a button, added to whatever native input lag there is, then to do all the rendering/trans-coding and finally beaming back down to your device. It starts adding up, and you can see it in these two videos.

Not to say the technology is cool, or that it can't have it's place, but based on this it def hasn't solved the input lag issue and I can't see this overtaking primary gaming systems (console/pc/etc).

I'm not even sure they *can* solve this issue...the time it takes for an input to reach a remote server (and the video output back) is just the reality of the internet.

*edit*

Actually, re-watching the video it appears even worse than what I talk about above. At around 1:36 it appears he hit major lag where he hits both sticks and nothing on the shield even happens. At all.

TLDR: game streaming still has issues.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Slimmin360

@Renevent42 said:
@sSubZerOo said:

You couldn't see the lag? I thought it was pretty obvious honestly. You can especially see it when he hits the analog control to turn there's def a noticeable lag from when he hits the stick to when it actually starts moving. Even with fast internet and perfect connections, the ping from most people's houses to a nearby server will be around 30-60ms. That's 15-30ms minimum for the server to even know you pressed a button, added to whatever native input lag there is, then to do all the rendering/trans-coding and finally beaming back down to your device. It starts adding up, and you can see it in these two videos.

Not to say the technology is cool, or that it can't have it's place, but based on this it def hasn't solved the input lag issue and I can't see this overtaking primary gaming systems (console/pc/etc).

I'm not even sure they *can* solve this issue...the time it takes for an input to reach a remote server (and the video output back) is just the reality of the internet.

*edit*

Actually, re-watching the video it appears even worse than what I talk about above. At around 1:36 it appears he hit major lag where he hits both sticks and nothing on the shield even happens. At all.

Even if there is lag, it's a much smaller price to pay than the mandatory installs, network outages, and limited hard drive space afflicting the PS4 and Xbox One.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Renevent42
@Slimmin360 said:
@Renevent42 said:
@sSubZerOo said:

*edit*

Even if there is lag, it's a much smaller price to pay than the mandatory installs, network outages, and limited hard drive space afflicting the PS4 and Xbox One.

So...um...some of your points don't even make sense. Network outages? With this you wouldn't be able to play during a network outage. I'd say that would be a much higher negative point for the Shield, not for consoles.

Regarding mandatory installs and limited hard drive space...that's something I guess. But I'd say 10 mins of installing a game once is a better experience then having to deal with noticeable lag at the best of times, and flat out the game not responding at the worst of times.

Like I said, it's a nice technology and I think is really cool for those wanting to game on the go and stuff like that...as for "crushing" consoles? It's not even a competition. Streaming games still has major issues and simply doesn't provide the same level of gaming.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Slimmin360

@Renevent42 said:
@Slimmin360 said:
@Renevent42 said:
@sSubZerOo said:

*edit*

So...um...some of your points don't even make sense. Network outages? With this you wouldn't be able to play during a network outage. I'd say that would be a much higher negative point for the Shield, not for consoles.

Regarding mandatory installs and limited hard drive space...that's something I guess. But I'd say 10 mins of installing a game once is a better experience then having to deal with noticeable lag at the best of times, and flat out the game not responding at the worst of times.

Like I said, it's a nice technology and I think is really cool for those wanting to game on the go and stuff like that...as for "crushing" consoles? It's not even a competition. Streaming games still has major issues and simply doesn't provide the same level of gaming.

" 10 minutes of installing a game" ???? is that what you said?, a 40 to 50 gb game takes a minimum of an hour to install off a disc.

As far as Nividia's network going down, they offer 50 free android games out of the box for you to download on the shield console, which is more than enough to keep anyone busy during a network outage.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Renevent42

@Slimmin360 said:
@Renevent42 said:
@Slimmin360 said:
@Renevent42 said:
@sSubZerOo said:

*edit*

" 10 minutes of installing a game" ???? is that what you said?, a 40 to 50 gb game takes a minimum of an hour to install off a disc.

As far as Nividia's network going down, they offer 50 free android games out of the box for the you to download on the shield console, which is more than enough to keep anyone busy during a network outage.

And almost all games come on disc that can be played without a network connection. It's not a valid point...network outages negatively affect playing on the Shield as well.

But none of this even matters, the real issue is the visible network/input lag even at the best of times.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Slimmin360

@Renevent42 said:
@Slimmin360 said:
@Renevent42 said:
@Slimmin360 said:
@Renevent42 said:
@sSubZerOo said:

*edit*

As far as Nividia's network going down, they offer 50 free android games out of the box for the you to download on the shield console, which is more than enough to keep anyone busy during a network outage.

And almost all games come on disc that can be played without a network connection. It's not a valid point...network outages negatively affect playing on the Shield as well.

But none of this even matters, the real issue is the visible network/input lag even at the best of times.

Well that depends on peoples service and connection I suppose, I will personally have the shield hard wired to broadband, so I don't expect much lag issues, but I can't speak for the Wi-Fi crowd.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Renevent42

It actually doesn't...the lag exists even in the best scenarios due to simply how the internet works. As fast as your connection may be, there's nothing they can do about the amount of time it take a signal to reach a remote server, then back again. Couple that with additional steps required (such as trans-coding, etc)...it's just the reality of how streaming works. They can try and minimize it, and maybe one day when internet technology is improved it won't be an issue...but for no Steaming simply cannot offer as good as a gameplay experience as a regular console.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Slimmin360

@Renevent42 said:

It actually doesn't...the lag exists even in the best scenarios due to simply how the internet works. As fast as your connection may be, there's nothing they can do about the amount of time it take a signal to reach a remote server, then back again. Couple that with additional steps required (such as trans-coding, etc)...it's just the reality of how streaming works. They can try and minimize it, and maybe one day when internet technology is improved it won't be an issue...but for no Steaming simply cannot offer as good as a gameplay experience as a regular console.

I guess we'll have to wait and see how this latest Shield console works in conjunction with their Grid service, Nvidia claimed at the 2015 GDC that they've been perfecting the streaming process over the past decade, and have now implemented super computers and servers around the world to assure little to no lag, and during such demo's as Grid 2 and Witcher 3 it seemed very smooth, whether they were hard wired or wireless for those demo's I don't know.

It's worth some further thought of a purchase, maybe they'll start installing playable kiosks in game stores, best buy's and other retailers for people to sample.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13669 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

So you pay $200 for an Android console, and then you pay money to get into the streaming service, and then you pay more money to stream individual titles that you do not own.

Do you see the problem yet?

Not really, the business model will change as they work out what works.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Slimmin360

@clone01 said:

lol slimmin360 thread.

LOL clone01 comment.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#99 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@Slimmin360 said:
@clone01 said:

lol slimmin360 thread.

LOL clone01 comment.

Why bump a thread this old, exactly? You should know better.