Numerical proof that the PS4 has no games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

The PS4 may be selling gangbusters at retail, but it has managed to move little to no software units at all, further reinforcing the notion that this console is selling on hype alone- there actually aren't any games that warrant this level of success yet.

For 7 million PS4 units sold, 20.5 million units of software have been cumulatively sold, both at retail and on the PSN Store- that's less than 3 games per console, meaning most folks probably buy their system and then just leave it there, with no games actually warranting a play.

SOURCE

When will the PS4 get some games?

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2  Edited By inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

Wait, isn't the PS4 attach rate slightly higher than the Xbox One attach rate? Thus PS4 owners buy more games? So yes perhaps the PS4 has no games, but neither does the XBO at this point, may as well mention them both :P

EDIT:

PS4 attach rate - 2.93

Xbox One attach rate - 2.90

link

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3  Edited By tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

Edit* I said nuthin'!

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

lol

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#5 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

KILLZONE

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

@_Matt_ said:

Wait, isn't the PS4 attach rate slightly higher than the Xbox One attach rate? Thus PS4 owners buy more games? So yes perhaps the PS4 has no games, but neither does the XBO at this point, may as well mention them both :P

EDIT:

PS4 attach rate - 2.93

link

Lol cows always diverting the question.

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By tonitorsi

@Blabadon said:

KILLZONE

inSlaymous.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@_Matt_ said:

EDIT:

PS4 attach rate - 2.93

link

Xbox One also has no games.

Compare this with the Wii U, which has a software attach ratio of 5! Truly, the Xbox One and PS4 are being schooled here.

@Blabadon said:

KILLZONE

KNACK

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#10 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

What is the one on WiiU?

Avatar image for TorqueHappens08
TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By TorqueHappens08
Member since 2008 • 1363 Posts

So when i play infamous, I'm not playing a game? it's some sort of interactive digital video?

Interesting.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 inggrish

@Blabadon said:

KILLZONE

is shit :P

Indicud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Indicud
Member since 2013 • 745 Posts

@Gue1: lol owned.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Gue1 said:

lol

Well, just this once, I wish you Sony fans would put your money where your mouth is- you always mouth off about your games and your exclusives, and then you can't be arsed to buy any of them. That's why most of your big name exclusives flop, and that's why PS4 is selling no games- either because you talk about games more than you play them, or because you actually don't think any of those games are worth buying, and view them as fodder for list wars more than anything else. Sad, really :(

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Vatusus said:

What is the one on WiiU?

Slightly higher than 5.

Not that this has anything to do with Wii U (or even Xbox One), and I do like how cows keep bringing up other systems to cover for their own flaws and deficiencies :-3

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#17  Edited By GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@Blabadon said:

KILLZONE

Killzone is fucking awful tho.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/amazing-spider-man-2s-xbox-one-release-may-cancelled/#!E6EeF

Here's your proof that XBone isn't even getting games.. Like, even the WiiU can and shit. What now?

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45105 Posts

Your numerical proof lacks any sound reasoning unfortunately. First off, if you wanted to convince me, you would show the numbers compared to other consoles/generations. Secondly, how many games do you think people play in a matter of 5 months? Common sense wins again.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By inggrish

@charizard1605 said:

@_Matt_ said:

EDIT:

PS4 attach rate - 2.93

link

Xbox One also has no games.

Compare this with the Wii U, which has a software attach ratio of 5! Truly, the Xbox One and PS4 are being schooled here.

I'm glad the Wii U has an attach rate of 5, that's pretty good going. Just needs to sell hardware now :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Shewgenja said:

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/amazing-spider-man-2s-xbox-one-release-may-cancelled/#!E6EeF

Here's your proof that XBone isn't even getting games.. Like, even the WiiU can and shit. What now?

Oh noez, Xbox One won't get a movie tie in, whatever will we do.

Oh noez, why the hell aren't you all actually staying on topic and deflecting the question?

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#22 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

I haven't even played Killzone or a PS4 lmao

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Both have terrible line ups

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts

TC got owned and should feel bad.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@SolidGame_basic said:

Your numerical proof lacks any sound reasoning unfortunately. First off, if you wanted to convince me, you would show the numbers compared to other consoles. Secondly, how many games do you think people play in a matter of 5 months? Common sense wins again.

The other numbers are all in this thread, feel free to read them up and compare them.

Secondly, this is actually historically the lowest (along with Xbox One) that a console's attach ratio has been five months after launch, so there is a clear lack of games on these two machines.

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By tonitorsi

@Blabadon said:

Bye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Eddie-Vedder said:

TC got owned and should feel bad.

Owned by who or what, exactly? Cows' collective refusal to answer the question by deflecting? Ell oh fucking ell, ya'all can't even stay on topic and answer the question, you instead hide behind bullshit tangentials that have nothing to do with anything. Then again, what else would I expect from the worst set of fans on the internet, really.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

Charizard threads get dumber by the day

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Shewgenja

@charizard1605 said:

@Shewgenja said:

Oh noez, why the hell aren't you all actually staying on topic and deflecting the question?

I'll answer the question.

The console is selling so fast that you buy one when you can get one. Also, at least in the US, it is tax refund season, which means people have some expendable cash to get a console whether they wait for games or not.

It's not like your PS3 or 360 turns into a robot and runs out of the house when you plug in your PS4. There have been some real big last-gen games that have come out like GT6 and Dark Souls II. So, while you're acting like PS4 gamers aren't playing games, you are wrong as **** and need to hang your head in shame for talking crazy.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By GreySeal9

@Blabadon said:

Killzone is to be avoided. The graphics are fucking beautiful but the campaign is so boring and badly-paced that it will crush your soul. Since I thought Killzone 2 was a decent game, I couldn't believe how incompetent Shadow Fall's campaign was.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Yeah, Shadow Fall is ass.

Elpresador-911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#32 Elpresador-911
Member since 2013 • 1096 Posts

you can do better than this chaz

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

For someone that wants to be thought of as impartial...you do spread some bias.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Shewgenja said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Shewgenja said:

The console is selling so fast that you buy one when you can get one. Also, at least in the US, it is tax refund season, which means people have some expendable cash to get a console whether they wait for games or not.

It's not like your PS3 or 360 turns into a robot and runs out of the house when you plug in your PS4. There have been some real big last-gen games that have come out like GT6 and Dark Souls II. So, while you're acting like PS4 gamers aren't playing games, you are wrong as **** and need to hang your head in shame for talking crazy.

So basically, to be clear, what you are saying is, PS4 owners buy the system (because it sells out so fast, based on hype), but don't quite play games on it (because there isn't much to play on it), choosing to play on last gen systems instead, which contributes to low software sales... so they are buying it only because of it selling out fast (i.e. hype), and not because of games.

So what you are saying is, you agree with what I said in the OP? Happy to know that, my friend. Happy to know that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@LJS9502_basic said:

For someone that wants to be thought of as impartial...you do spread some bias.

Pot, meet kettle.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 inggrish

@Blabadon said:

I haven't even played Killzone

DON'T

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@Gue1 said:

lol

It turns out that list is missing 4 PS4 games as pointed out by Nike Air (Pure Chess, That Trivia Game, Backgammon Blitz, and Cell Damage HD) in a different thread, lol.

I'm just glad I got all the machines to kick back and enjoy. My backlog is being tackled right now during the next gen drought (Wii U, PS4, Xbone).The Wii U being the oldest by an entire year has a large advantage right now over these newer machines (I would know, I own more Wii U games than either Xbone or PS4 right now), but I'm sure when we revisit these stats a year from now we may start seeing a new trend emerge.

Another thing to consider when looking at the Wii U, is Nintendo dropped the Wii like a hot potato, so starved Nintendo home console fans like myself had no choice but to consider the exclusive Nintendo offerings on the Wii U.

The PS3 and 360 are still active platforms, especially the PS3 in terms of releasing exclusives, which is having an effect on Xbone and PS4 game purchases. That will change once those older platforms die down.

tl;dr:

1.) Platforms are brand new (6 months old)

2.) Older platforms (PS360) still active and having an effect on software purchases.

3.) Compared to Wii which Nintendo dropped support and released the Wii U which is approaching two years old.

Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Mr-Kutaragi
Member since 2013 • 2466 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@Gue1 said:

lol

Well, just this once, I wish you Sony fans would put your money where your mouth is- you always mouth off about your games and your exclusives, and then you can't be arsed to buy any of them. That's why most of your big name exclusives flop, and that's why PS4 is selling no games- either because you talk about games more than you play them, or because you actually don't think any of those games are worth buying, and view them as fodder for list wars more than anything else. Sad, really :(

Seem recent news have driven you to delusion. So sad, maybe time for mod to step in and cancel your account since your parent will not take away computer.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@Shewgenja said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Shewgenja said:

So basically, to be clear, what you are saying is, PS4 owners buy the system (because it sells out so fast, based on hype), but don't quite play games on it (because there isn't much to play on it), choosing to play on last gen systems instead, which contributes to low software sales... so they are buying it only because of it selling out fast (i.e. hype), and not because of games.

So what you are saying is, you agree with what I said in the OP? Happy to know that, my friend. Happy to know that.

Ouch Lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Mr-Kutaragi said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Gue1 said:

lol

Seem recent news have driven you to delusion. So sad, maybe time for mod to step in and cancel your account since your parent will not take away computer.

Of course, if you would be so kind as to tell me what 'recent news' drove me to what 'delusion,' I will be greatly appreciative.

As I will be when you tell me more about my life. Just like evo_nine, man, you random System Wars posters seem to know more about me than I do!

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Shewgenja

OP, we are six months into a console generation that up til six months ago, we were all told was going to be the death of console gaming and we would all need to bow down to our Android/iPad overlords. Developers and publishers had no idea that these machines, and definitely the PS4, would take off like a rocket headed for Mars.

Lots of the best titles have come out for Gen7 machines, not Gen8, because it takes well over a year to develop these games and next-gen budgets may have been looked at as far too risky. Developers don't just flip a switch and then PS4/XBone/WiiU disks start flying off of assembly lines manned by fairies and elves. It takes planning and strategy to put these games out and the game makers simply have not had quite enough time to react to the overwhelming demand for these next-gen systems.

I get that you would want to see instant returns on a 4-500 dollar purchase and in an ideal world, every publisher would have been ready to bury us with videogames for these things, but that has N-E-V-E-R happened with a new generation of consoles. Not ever. Not everty ever. That's not how the industry works. So, while (maybe not you specifically) some people have been bashing on PS4 for "Indie games and nothing else" it is precisely the indie developers who are small enough and agile enough to come out with regular game releases to keep people playing on their new toys.

People, please, try to remember these things are six months old before talking out of your ass. I mean that with all due respect. In the meantime, if it seems silly that all the really big games are coming out on the old systems, think like a bean counting businessman at a big publisher for a moment. Taking huge losses isn't exactly what they are into and the industry buzz was that these Gen8 consoles would be dead on arrival. Thank the gaming gods we proved them wrong and have some patience. At least wait til E3 before passing judgement.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Shewgenja said:

OP, we are six months into a console generation that up til six months ago, we were all told was going to be the death of console gaming and we would all need to bow down to our Android/iPad overlords. Developers and publishers had no idea that these machines, and definitely the PS4, would take off like a rocket headed for Mars.

Lots of the best titles have come out for Gen7 machines, not Gen8, because it takes well over a year to develop these games and next-gen budgets may have been looked at as far too risky. Developers don't just flip a switch and then PS4/XBone/WiiU disks start flying off of assembly lines manned by fairies and elves. It takes planning and strategy to put these games out and the game makers simply have not had quite enough time to react to the overwhelming demand for these next-gen systems.

I get that you would want to see instant returns on a 4-500 dollar purchase and in an ideal world, every publisher would have been ready to bury us with videogames for these things, but that has N-E-V-E-R happened with a new generation of consoles. Not ever. Not everty ever. That's not how the industry works. So, while (maybe not you specifically) some people have been bashing on PS4 for "Indie games and nothing else" it is precisely the indie developers who are small enough and agile enough to come out with regular game releases to keep people playing on their new toys.

People, please, try to remember these things are six months old before talking out of your ass. I mean that with all due respect.

But I am also telling you that no other console has had an attach rate this low (or as low as the XBO's) six months after launch. The WiiU, the thing that launched with no games and cratered at retail, had an attach ratio of over three just 45 days after launch, and it only went up from there. Consoles (or handhelds, even) almost never have attach ratios this low, not even close to launch. That excuse won't fly.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#44 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

Dumbest thread ever.
What am I popping in a magical BF4 disc everytime I start up my goddamn PS4

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

remember the last time people made fun of Sony's console for lacking games early on?

remember how that turned out?

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 GreySeal9
@Animal-Mother said:

Dumbest thread ever.

You've been here long enough to know what "no games" means in SW.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Animal-Mother said:

Dumbest thread ever.

A game available on four other platforms.

Animal, you of all people should know that 'no games' doesn't mean a literal no games. Everything launches with some games, the Virtual Boy, the Jaguar, the 3DO all had games. The question is whether there is actually any compelling content worth giving a damn about, and outside of maybe inFamous? There doesn't seem to be much on the PS4, really.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Shewgenja

@charizard1605 said:

@Shewgenja said:

People, please, try to remember these things are six months old before talking out of your ass. I mean that with all due respect.

But I am also telling you that no other console has had an attach rate this low (or as low as the XBO's) six months after launch. The WiiU, the thing that launched with no games and cratered at retail, had an attach ratio of over three just 45 days after launch, and it only went up from there. Consoles (or handhelds, even) almost never have attach ratios this low, not even close to launch. That excuse won't fly.

Yes it will. Wii software is nothing like WiiU software. There's no previous gen analog for it the same way that 360 is similar to Xbone or the PS4 is similar to the PS3. Nintendo had to come up with a bevvy of first party titles to even launch the thing but MS and Sony are in no such similar position due to their third party ties.

Think of it another way. If inFamous and Driveclub weren't delayed, BAM, there's your attach rate delivered on a silver platter. Obviously, Sony doesn't operate under the same commercial pressure as the other guys and it affords them the luxury of having better games in the long run.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Nengo_Flow said:

remember the last time people made fun of Sony's console for lacking games early on?

remember how that turned out?

The PS Vita? Yes, I do. Damn thing still has no games.

Elpresador-911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#50 Elpresador-911
Member since 2013 • 1096 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Dumbest thread ever.

A game available on four other platforms.

Animal, you of all people should know that 'no games' doesn't mean a literal no games. Everything launches with some games, the Virtual Boy, the Jaguar, the 3DO all had games. The question is whether there is actually any compelling content worth giving a damn about, and outside of maybe inFamous? There doesn't seem to be much on the PS4, really.

knack is a fucking masterpiece, probably the Super Mario galaxy of the 8th gen