Nudity in God of War 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sdifjds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 sdifjds
Member since 2003 • 1088 Posts
I don't know if you all have seen the videos, but it's out there, on a well known video game trailer website. Kratos finds two topless women in a pool of water and Kratos (and you, the player) engage in sexual intercourse with the two women. Nothing is shown once this happens, it is all suggested through a stream of water coming out of a statue, we hear a bunch of moaning and grunting. After it ends, health orbs spring out and heal Kratos.

This sort of thing doesn't bother me, but I'm really going to hate hearing the media and the likes of Jack Thompson jump all over it and attack video games. I can just see it now, "Game Rewards Players for Having Sex"

The first God of War dodged the media bullet somehow, but I am not certain it can do it this time with all that has changed.
the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts
There was nudity in the original too.
TheOneMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 TheOneMan
Member since 2006 • 2952 Posts
Those are EXP orbs, not health.
StealthSting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 StealthSting
Member since 2006 • 6915 Posts
Yeah I got spoiled in that part, because of somebody I know........ I laughed my ass of because of it. I mean, the statue........ well you have to see it for yourself to really understand:P.
Imallvol7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Imallvol7
Member since 2003 • 7566 Posts
Those are EXP orbs, not health.TheOneMan
lol, experience yeah, i hope the media stays away from this one.
sdifjds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 sdifjds
There was nudity in the original too.the-very-best
Yeah I know, but I think that was before GTA Hot Coffee
Avatar image for supermechakirby
supermechakirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 supermechakirby
Member since 2003 • 10677 Posts
and cows make fun of us for the physics in DOA... thats outright sex and ero'ness
A2D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 A2D
Member since 2005 • 4658 Posts
Nothing will happen, the game has been rated accordingly, and you don't see any "action" (But see a funny scene anyway :P )
-Spock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 -Spock-
Member since 2006 • 7072 Posts
If you don't see any actual sex then it's okay. It may be implied but you see no penetration like in a proper 3D sex game. Yes it has nudity, but it's just boobs. Who doesn't like boobs? This would only be a big deal if we saw some hardcore stuff in an M game...
flipknoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 flipknoc
Member since 2004 • 418 Posts
the statue HAHAHAHA:lol::lol:
the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 the-very-best
[QUOTE="the-very-best"]There was nudity in the original too.sdifjds

Yeah, but the GTA incident was only major because R* tried to hide it from the public. It's not like Sony is hiding the nudity in GOW. You know what you're going to see when you buy the game now.
Avatar image for phoenixan_akrau
phoenixan_akrau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#12 phoenixan_akrau
Member since 2005 • 401 Posts
[QUOTE="the-very-best"]There was nudity in the original too.sdifjds

Yeah I know, but I think  that was before GTA Hot Coffee

Yeah, a third-party mod. What a bunch of ****.
-Spock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 -Spock-
[QUOTE="sdifjds"][QUOTE="the-very-best"]There was nudity in the original too.the-very-best

Yeah, but the GTA incident was only major because R* tried to hide it from the public. It's not like Sony is hiding the nudity in GOW. You know what you're going to see when you buy the game now.

I believe R* when they say it was an accident. People dicky about all the time with games before it's finally shipped. It was probably, like they say, a piece of code which accidentally didn't get cleared up.
StephenHu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 StephenHu
Member since 2003 • 2852 Posts
i found it hilarious how you had to spin the analogue in circles, lol!
supermechakirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 supermechakirby
the statue HAHAHAHA:lol::lol:flipknoc
its not even funny, and poorly done
TheOneMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TheOneMan
[QUOTE="supermechakirby"]and cows make fun of us for the physics in DOA... thats outright sex and ero'ness

Not really a good comparison.  The sex mini-game was supposed to flesh out the character of Kratos, and show that he dominates on the battlefield and in the bedroom as well. 
the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 the-very-best
[QUOTE="-Spock-"] I believe R* when they say it was an accident. People dicky about all the time with games before it's finally shipped. It was probably, like they say, a piece of code which accidentally didn't get cleared up.

It's possible of course. It's just that there is already so much hate from the media against GTA (which is probably another reason the game is so popular) that when they finally find something they can use against it, they'll certainly use it. In any case, Rockstar should have been more careful. They deserve all the profit they got from SA in my view. Fantastic game in every way and its disappointing that they've been sued so much because of one small incident.
Vax45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Vax45
Member since 2005 • 4834 Posts
Ahem, commandment # 11: Thou shalt be ashamed of thy natural anatomy.
Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Redmoonxl2
Member since 2003 • 11059 Posts
There was sex and nudity in GoW 1. If it wasn't an issue then, it will be a nonissue now.

Besides, sex giving you things is true even in real life...Only that we call them babies.
-Spock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 -Spock-
[QUOTE="the-very-best"][QUOTE="-Spock-"] I believe R* when they say it was an accident. People dicky about all the time with games before it's finally shipped. It was probably, like they say, a piece of code which accidentally didn't get cleared up.

It's possible of course. It's just that there is already so much hate from the media against GTA (which is probably another reason the game is so popular) that when they finally find something they can use against it, they'll certainly use it. In any case, Rockstar should have been more careful. They deserve all the profit they got from SA in my view. Fantastic game in every way and its disappointing that they've been sued so much because of one small incident.

It's funny though, people should be worrying more about those "WMDs in Iraq" than a bit of sex in a game our kids shouldn't be playing anyway. Which is the greater mistake.. ?
supermechakirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 supermechakirby
[QUOTE="TheOneMan"][QUOTE="supermechakirby"]and cows make fun of us for the physics in DOA... thats outright sex and ero'ness

Not really a good comparison. The sex mini-game was supposed to flesh out the character of Kratos, and show that he dominates on the battlefield and in the bedroom as well.

I am sure the master chief tears the ladies in half, literally, but we dont need a scene in halo 3 about it...
flipknoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 flipknoc
Member since 2004 • 418 Posts
[QUOTE="flipknoc"]the statue HAHAHAHA:lol::lol:supermechakirby

i thought it was funny.  so how would you have done it?
jujutheking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jujutheking
Member since 2006 • 2998 Posts

[QUOTE="TheOneMan"][QUOTE="supermechakirby"]and cows make fun of us for the physics in DOA... thats outright sex and ero'nesssupermechakirby
Not really a good comparison. The sex mini-game was supposed to flesh out the character of Kratos, and show that he dominates on the battlefield and in the bedroom as well.

I am sure the master chief tears the ladies in half, literally, but we dont need a scene in halo 3 about it...

That is how they do it back in greek.Woman were seen as lesser to man and are use to for pleasure.They don't need to show that in halo because it has noting to do with war.

Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Redmoonxl2
[QUOTE="supermechakirby"][QUOTE="TheOneMan"][QUOTE="supermechakirby"]and cows make fun of us for the physics in DOA... thats outright sex and ero'ness

Isn't Master Chief an eunich?
the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 the-very-best
[QUOTE="-Spock-"] It's funny though, people should be worrying more about those "WMDs in Iraq" than a bit of sex in a game our kids shouldn't be playing anyway. Which is the greater mistake.. ?

Of course, but for some reason some people just don't want gamers to be enjoying themselves. It's just so silly that people think just because someone plays GTA they'll turn into a serial killer or something. I mean, it's like saying just because someone watches Saw they'll turn into a serial killer. It's unbelievable what these people come up with to try and ban GTA. I'm just hope R* doesn't care and releases another amazing and controversial GTA.
sdifjds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 sdifjds

[QUOTE="supermechakirby"][QUOTE="TheOneMan"][QUOTE="supermechakirby"]and cows make fun of us for the physics in DOA... thats outright sex and ero'nessjujutheking

That is how they do it back in greek.Woman were seen as lesser to man and are use to for pleasure.They don't need to show that in halo because it has noting to do with war.

Homosexuality was also quite common back in Ancient Greece, but we don't see Kratos getting it on with a guy.
Drukter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Drukter
Member since 2006 • 1484 Posts
Or, to attract people to buy the game lolol.
TheOneMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TheOneMan
[QUOTE="supermechakirby"][QUOTE="TheOneMan"][QUOTE="supermechakirby"]and cows make fun of us for the physics in DOA... thats outright sex and ero'ness

Again, not a good comparison.  The setting that God of War takes place in and taking into account the barbaric nature of the main character, the scene would seem more appropriate.  I can't say the same for Halo. 
advertise_this

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 advertise_this
Member since 2006 • 1208 Posts
I don't know if you all have seen the videos, but it's out there, on a well known video game trailer website. Kratos finds two topless women in a pool of water and Kratos (and you, the player) engage in sexual intercourse with the two women. Nothing is shown once this happens, it is all suggested through a stream of water coming out of a statue, we hear a bunch of moaning and grunting. After it ends, health orbs spring out and heal Kratos.

This sort of thing doesn't bother me, but I'm really going to hate hearing the media and the likes of Jack Thompson jump all over it and attack video games. I can just see it now, "Game Rewards Players for Having Sex"

The first God of War dodged the media bullet somehow, but I am not certain it can do it this time with all that has changed.
sdifjds
its part of the historic greek culture ... nothing will happened.
jujutheking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jujutheking
Member since 2006 • 2998 Posts
[QUOTE="jujutheking"]

[QUOTE="supermechakirby"][QUOTE="TheOneMan"][QUOTE="supermechakirby"]and cows make fun of us for the physics in DOA... thats outright sex and ero'nesssdifjds

Homosexuality was also quite common back in Ancient Greece, but we don't see Kratos getting it on with a guy.

who the hell wants see that?
chicken008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 chicken008
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts
GTA got an AO rating for less than what GoW 1 or 2 has..
DireToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DireToad
Member since 2006 • 3948 Posts
When I take showers... there is nudity...

Is Jack Thompson going to sue me?
Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Redmoonxl2
When I take showers... there is nudity...

Is Jack Thompson going to sue me?DireToad

Only if you sell videos of yourself taking a shower at your local Target. Hell, in this case, I might actually support good ol' Jackie.
DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DA_B0MB
Member since 2005 • 9938 Posts
Those are EXP orbs, not health.TheOneMan
experience? lol. now that's funny.
supermechakirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 supermechakirby
[QUOTE="TheOneMan"][QUOTE="supermechakirby"][QUOTE="TheOneMan"][QUOTE="supermechakirby"]and cows make fun of us for the physics in DOA... thats outright sex and ero'ness

Again, not a good comparison. The setting that God of War takes place in and taking into account the barbaric nature of the main character, the scene would seem more appropriate. I can't say the same for Halo.

sure sure... right so why isnt he wearing an animal skin and doing it to those ladies on the rock floor of a cave.. face it, this is all a bunch of crap that jaffe put in to be "cool"
DireToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DireToad
Member since 2006 • 3948 Posts
[QUOTE="DireToad"]When I take showers... there is nudity...

Is Jack Thompson going to sue me?Redmoonxl2

Only if you sell videos of yourself taking a shower at your local Target. Hell, in this case, I might actually support good ol' Jackie.

Pfff you'd be the only one. 8)
Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
Teh last gen mammary physics and graphics!
StealthSting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 StealthSting
[QUOTE="Redmoonxl2"][QUOTE="DireToad"]When I take showers... there is nudity...

Is Jack Thompson going to sue me?DireToad

Pfff you'd be the only one. 8)

...................................................................................................................... Maybe not..................
StealthSting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 StealthSting
[QUOTE="flipknoc"]the statue HAHAHAHA:lol::lol:supermechakirby

It sure as hell made me laugh. And thats really all that matters.
TheOneMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TheOneMan
[QUOTE="supermechakirby"][QUOTE="TheOneMan"][QUOTE="supermechakirby"][QUOTE="TheOneMan"][QUOTE="supermechakirby"]and cows make fun of us for the physics in DOA... thats outright sex and ero'ness

Again, not a good comparison. The setting that God of War takes place in and taking into account the barbaric nature of the main character, the scene would seem more appropriate. I can't say the same for Halo.

sure sure... right so why isnt he wearing an animal skin and doing it to those ladies on the rock floor of a cave.. face it, this is all a bunch of crap that jaffe put in to be "cool"

What does doing women on the floor of a cave have to do with being barbaric.  He simply grabs them and just starts pounding away, that doesn't seem barbaric to you?  Also, he can wear an animal "skin".
Also, why are you speaking for Jaffe?  I can say the same for Itagaki, except he realeases his smut as an entire, $60 price game.
Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Redmoonxl2
[QUOTE="supermechakirby"]sure sure... right so why isnt he wearing an animal skin and doing it to those ladies on the rock floor of a cave..

Because Kratos is not a caveman...

Maybe you're not too familiar with the meaning of barbaric or just assume it to be something else?
jonesy1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#42 jonesy1911
Member since 2003 • 3483 Posts
[QUOTE="supermechakirby"]and cows make fun of us for the physics in DOA... thats outright sex and ero'ness

But in anceint greek times this sort of thing was common..... so adding it into the game is kinda staying true to the myths and what not plus the game is rated 18 here in the uk so, there we have it if you aint old enough dont play it.
-Xplode-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 -Xplode-
Member since 2006 • 576 Posts

sdifjds

Link please.