Now that the WiiFAD is over, Its only a matter of time before PS3 is back on TOP

• 133 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dycras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Dycras
Member since 2009 • 1226 Posts

lol, dude, no offense, but the reason the wii is winning is because regular people bought wiis, while its mostly the people that spend all their time playing games like world of warcraft that bought ps3's. Even if the ps3 started making things regular people would like, its still too far behind to win. Also a big part of the 360 getting more sales was the natal just shown.

gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

#102 gamecubepad
Member since 2003 • 7214 Posts

:lol: Many, many cows actually believe this kind of stuff.

nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts
[QUOTE="IronBass"][QUOTE="Packagez"]The 360 just outsold the Wii in the UKPackagez
What has that to do with the PS3?

The 360 will eventually get discontinued by M$, xbox isnt sony's biggest concern. The WiiFAD was, now that thats over, Its almost too easy for Sony to start dominating again

so the Wiifad has been over for the 3rd time now right? :|
rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 rybe1025
Member since 2004 • 6362 Posts
I am still trying to figure out how the PS3 as always in last place is a good thing for the PS3. So the 360 for a certain amount of time sold better then the Wii. The end result is whichever one out sold the other they are both out selling the PS3. Only in here could this thread happen. Sometimes I feel as if SW is a black hole that sucks in all logic.
g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts

The fact is, the wii is dipping in sales, in japan.

And other countries are following up.

The question is, will the wii 2 match its successor? Probably not if the wii 2 is just like the wii.

I think nintendo have had their '15 minutes of fame'.

Either way, the most technological one wins, in this case ps3/360 and lets not forget crysis, otherwise, we'd be stuck in the atari era.

Wii_Gamer_277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Wii_Gamer_277
Member since 2009 • 1795 Posts

Haha oh geez some people are so blind it's unbelievable. The PS3 still has a shot at 2nd but first will never ever happen.

W1NGMAN-
The ps3 has a shot at being the 1st loser ? thats no milestone at all :?
metalisticpain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#107 metalisticpain
Member since 2005 • 3536 Posts

Its been coming for a LONG long time, but Now that the 360 just outsold the Wii in the UK, That is the sign the FAD is finally over. And we all know M$ will stop supporting the 360 soon (just like the original XBOX) and then Sony will be on TOP again. just like Last gen. Also with a new Price drop and God of War 3 (New Graphics KING) it will reach out to the mainstream and casual audience that the xbox couldn't. Lol@ all the people to doubted Sony, looks like they get the last laughPackagez

Whats with all the lvl 2 fanbois today

Dont count your chickens before they hatch, outselling once could be due to a majority of factors. And MS wont be cutting support anytime soon. They dont have natal out and when they do, they will support it for at least 2 years

metalisticpain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#108 metalisticpain
Member since 2005 • 3536 Posts

The question is, will the wii 2 match its successor? Probably not if the wii 2 is just like the wii.

Either way, the most technological one wins, in this case ps3/360 and lets not forget crysis, otherwise, we'd be stuck in the atari era.

g0ddyX

Are u forgetting last gen? GC was the best technically and ps2 the worst, and which one won? I love how everyone is so happy that its getting outsold. Its sad really. BTW this is a recession, and also the slow point in the year. Why dont we wait and see what happens during the holiday season

voxware00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 voxware00
Member since 2004 • 5018 Posts

g0ddyX

short term memory fail

blingchu55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 blingchu55
Member since 2007 • 3098 Posts

Now that his PokemonFAD is over, its only a matter of time before any FPS outsells it

oh wait...

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6967 Posts

Cognitive Dissonance

DeadEndPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 DeadEndPanda
Member since 2008 • 2358 Posts

Its been coming for a LONG long time, but Now that the 360 just outsold the Wii in the UK, That is the sign the FAD is finally over. And we all know M$ will stop supporting the 360 soon (just like the original XBOX) and then Sony will be on TOP again. just like Last gen. Also with a new Price drop and God of War 3 (New Graphics KING) it will reach out to the mainstream and casual audience that the xbox couldn't. Lol@ all the people to doubted Sony, looks like they get the last laughPackagez

lol, no but i guess your post is the same that sheeps and lemming where thinking last gen when the ps2 outsold the rest even if the xbox had better graphical capeabilitys, and the GCN had most GoTYs the wii has still sold more then both of them combined, and it will take some time to sell more then that, and considering the wii is the quickest selling console ever, and wii sports and wii fit are both the higest selling games, i dont belive that the others 2 have a chance this gen, but hey better luck next gen

DeadEndPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 DeadEndPanda
Member since 2008 • 2358 Posts

g0ddyX

well this would be true, if you started gaming this gen, and never heard of the ps2 or any other console

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts
[QUOTE="Packagez"]Its been coming for a LONG long time, but Now that the 360 just outsold the Wii in the UK, That is the sign the FAD is finally over. And we all know M$ will stop supporting the 360 soon (just like the original XBOX) and then Sony will be on TOP again. just like Last gen. Also with a new Price drop and God of War 3 (New Graphics KING) it will reach out to the mainstream and casual audience that the xbox couldn't. Lol@ all the people to doubted Sony, looks like they get the last laugh

I don't know how to respond to this.
Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#115 Madmangamer364
Member since 2006 • 3716 Posts

Umm... wow. What amazing and innovative logic we have here.

svetzenlether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 svetzenlether
Member since 2003 • 3082 Posts

[QUOTE="HarlockJC"] Fads don't last three years. Packagez
Wii is a special Kinda FAD, it has marketing, Blind Sheep buying Cooking Mama sequels and Soccer moms with WiiFit boards. so it was gonna take awhile, but now that thats done, Ps3 has nothing to worry about

It's "delightful" topics like this one that make me firmly believe that members under a 100-post limit should not be able to start threads.

Jekken6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#117 Jekken6
Member since 2008 • 2642 Posts

The WiiFad is still going, actually.

Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#118 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
:lol: only in system wars i cant believe he is being serious
0rin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#119 0rin
Member since 2006 • 7179 Posts

hey Packagez, can I get the lotto numbers?

anyway, I agree that the Wii "fad" is coming to an end, thankfully... but everything else is pure guess work and speculation.

And I don't think MS will do like they did with the Xbox to the 360. Currently, it is just too expensive in this economy to not just support the heck out of what you have, and then wait for times to get better in order to unleash your next beast on to the market. I don't think there are enough people willing to put forth a bunch of money on a new console right now, considering the unemployment rate/etc.

Edit: Note, I don't mean that the wii "fad" (as some people call it) is actually ending, it just seems that way, from what I can see. I could be wrong. IE, Get off me fanboys! I hate having to explain myself, but sometimes it is the only way to prevent silly flame wars.

enygma500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#120 enygma500
Member since 2005 • 3004 Posts

I don't think the fad is over. They've just reached that certain point of market share where sale will start to slow. Most of the people that will have one would have bought one already

As for PS3 pushing the 360 out of scond place...that would pretty much take a miracle. It's been show time and time again that games aren't the selling feature of the PS3. Obviously as they've been having a great year and are actually selling worse then ever, i think.

They just need to make the PS3 more of a social networking device. That's why the 360 is starting to build up steam, I imagine that facebook on the dashboard isn't gonna hurt it either.

A little more PS3-PC/Ipod connectivity would be a great thing as well but sadly Sony is too damn stuck up to include features like this.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts

lol, dude, no offense, but the reason the wii is winning is because regular people bought wiis, while its mostly the people that spend all their time playing games like world of warcraft that bought ps3's. Even if the ps3 started making things regular people would like, its still too far behind to win. Also a big part of the 360 getting more sales was the natal just shown.

Dycras
and here i thought mostly movie buffs were buying ps3s as its game sales are not that of a console that only has "hardcore" gamers, and by hardcore i mean they spend a lot of time and money on games
Packagez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Packagez
Member since 2009 • 83 Posts

You are terribly optimistic. I have doubts Sony could even come in 2nd place this generation. To overtake the Wii, Sony would just about need divine intervention at this stage. SpruceCaboose

Gow3, Uncharted2, GT5 > divine intervention

shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#123 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts

Just wait, just wait, just wait...................................lol

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts

[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]You are terribly optimistic. I have doubts Sony could even come in 2nd place this generation. To overtake the Wii, Sony would just about need divine intervention at this stage. Packagez

Gow3, Uncharted2, GT5 > diving intervention

Not enough, I'm afraid. Look at the PS2. It didn't just have great quality, but it had a staggering quantity. PS3 doesn't have that.

kansasdude2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#125 kansasdude2009
Member since 2006 • 11802 Posts

"fad" isn't an acronym... you can stop capitalizing it. >_>

Richymisiak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Richymisiak
Member since 2007 • 2589 Posts

[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]You are terribly optimistic. I have doubts Sony could even come in 2nd place this generation. To overtake the Wii, Sony would just about need divine intervention at this stage. Packagez

so the infinite power of christ is inferior to some overhyped games? just when i'd thought i'd seen it all in SW...
HuusAsking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 HuusAsking
Member since 2006 • 15270 Posts

[QUOTE="Packagez"]

[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]You are terribly optimistic. I have doubts Sony could even come in 2nd place this generation. To overtake the Wii, Sony would just about need divine intervention at this stage. PannicAtack

Not enough, I'm afraid.

No, really. There are some cows (space abduction rejects, perhaps) that believe wholeheartedly that the release of GoW3, GT5, or some other thing will trigger some hypnotic reaction latent in the 100-million-plus PS2 gamers of the past and they will instantly sell their firstborns, mothers, or if necessary souls to grab a PS3 and every 1st-party game available for it, that the PS3 prints money, that PS3 sales will shoot through the roof and catapult it from laughingstock to gaming god of gods in 15 minutes flat, and that everything Sony touches is gold because they draw on powers beyond the known universe. Otherwise, the end of the generation will herald the end of the world, the universe, and everything, at which point nothing will matter, anyway. (sigh) PS. Two to one someone actually believes me.

HuusAsking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 HuusAsking
Member since 2006 • 15270 Posts

kansasdude2009
Sure it is--"Fashionable And Doomed".
PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 PannicAtack
[QUOTE="kansasdude2009"]

HuusAsking

No, it's capitalized because it's a special kind of fad that manages to be successful for a long time... You know... when it stops being a fad...
Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts
Wait, I thought the wii past its FAD days a year and a half after launch? People still called it a FAD?!
HOMIE_G64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#131 HOMIE_G64
Member since 2005 • 1482 Posts
[QUOTE="Packagez"]

[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]You are terribly optimistic. I have doubts Sony could even come in 2nd place this generation. To overtake the Wii, Sony would just about need divine intervention at this stage. Richymisiak

so the infinite power of christ is inferior to some overhyped games? just when i'd thought i'd seen it all in SW...

This is why we call them "fanboys"
PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 PannicAtack

[QUOTE="Richymisiak"][QUOTE="Packagez"]

HOMIE_G64

This is why we call them "fanboys"

Not as bad as that guy who claimed Half-Life 2 ripped off of Halo...

Or the guy who referred to Starcraft as "Starflop."

Or the guy who said that Ocarina of Time sucked because it wasn't Quake II...

kansasdude2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#133 kansasdude2009
Member since 2006 • 11802 Posts
[QUOTE="HuusAsking"][QUOTE="kansasdude2009"]

PannicAtack

No, it's capitalized because it's a special kind of fad that manages to be successful for a long time... You know... when it stops being a fad...

The Wii created a special fad called FAD? Why is everyone capitalizing fad?!?!