Not looking good for the xb brand if true. Sony Wants Final Fantasy Games Exclusively on PS5 This Generation

• 105 results
StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts
@zmanbarzel said:

So one mainline entry and...Chocobo Racing? I don't think Microsoft is really quaking in its boots over that.

@pelvist said:

IMO FF games have been dogshit since FF9. The only gem they have is the FFVII Remake series which so far isn't as good as the original.

These. Except, I'd say with all games after FFX the series went downhill.

Im actually playing through Lost Odyssey right now, and this game is way better than it has any right to be. This is the true successor to the classic Final Fantasies (FF7-10) all the way down to the menus. Microsoft definately needs to bring this franchise back and work with Mistwalker again.

The funny thing about all this? There are currently more Final Fantasy games playable on the current Xbox consoles than on PS5/4. FF13/13-2 and (soon) LR:13-3 are not only all on GamePass, all Xbox One X enhanced and FPS Boosted, but a mainline FF game that strait up doesn't exist on any modern PlayStation platforms.

"The home of Final Fantasy" lmao. The same thing with Metal Gear lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
Member since 2021 • 1870 Posts

No one cares about Final Fantasy other than Japan and anime loving simps.

You can play these games on the PC

adsparky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#53 adsparky
Member since 2006 • 2564 Posts

@x_hedon said:
@adsparky said:
@x_hedon said:
@adsparky said:

Even as a multiplat it almost feels that it is a Playstation exclusive.

It feels more like a Microsoft Windows PC exclusive. It even has the best performance and resolution on Microsoft Windows PC. And less expensive on Microsoft Windows PC. Everyone has a Microsoft Windows PC. Therefore, wouldn't that make buying it on PS pointless?

And yet even with that it manages to sell more in PS than in the other platforms combined and by a large margin.

I would prefer to have the better experience on a more powerful PC or Xbox, not an experience where "it sold the most". I don't play "sales", I play "games" and I want the BEST game for my money.

I'm not bragging about the sales on the PS, I'm saying that the userbase in the PC only is way bigger than the one on the PS, and the difference in sales i so notorious because there is no interest, at least for the vast majority of people that play games on PC, let alone xbox.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#54 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19546 Posts

@StrongDeadlift said:
@zmanbarzel said:

So one mainline entry and...Chocobo Racing? I don't think Microsoft is really quaking in its boots over that.

@pelvist said:

IMO FF games have been dogshit since FF9. The only gem they have is the FFVII Remake series which so far isn't as good as the original.

FF has made a comeback since last gen:

• FF14 and expansions
  • FF7 Remake

In contrast, The Elder Scrolls hasn't had a good game since Skyrim two generations ago.

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#55 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

I’m totally fine with that. I didn’t bother with FF7 remake.

But I’ll add, what Sony wants does not necessarily translate to what Sony gets.

Sony will have to basically buy out expected sales from Xbox and then some to make FF exclusive.

The cost will be passed onto the buyers, so congrats!

TcNemesiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 TcNemesiz
Member since 2010 • 62 Posts

I gotta say that I enjoy the FF games less and less with every game released since 10. I actually enjoy the other turn base games from Square like Bravely Default and Octopath Traveler more and more. I remember being super excited for FF 10 and Kingdom Hearts in the PS2 days.

These games just don't hit like they used to.

They're probably fronting the bill on each game and hoping to make up the money back with consoles sold and letting Square keep the money from sales so its all profit for them.

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 thedork_knight
Member since 2011 • 2664 Posts

Seems like xbox is doing great without FF7 remake, so losing FF16 isn't much

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#59 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34610 Posts

They can have them, lol.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

I mean really...

lol :P

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

FF made something of a comeback lately. And FF16 could be pretty good. With Yoshi P. and Ryota Suziki at the helm. It could be really promising.

Yoshi P. is arguably the best contemporary RPG designer in the AAA industry, Ryota Suziki is the guy who made Devil May Cry. This could be extremely promising, especially if the writer of FFT, Vagrant Story, Heavensward is onboard as rumored.

st_monica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By st_monica
Member since 2020 • 1454 Posts

FF is one of the biggest and longest-running RPG franchises of all time. It has a huge fan base, and so if this rumor is true, it would be a big advantage for Sony. No matter how much the noisy minorities deny it here, the facts remain the same.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#63 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

JRPGs 😂😂😂😂😂😂

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#64 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8854 Posts

@Jag85 said:
@StrongDeadlift said:
@zmanbarzel said:

@pelvist said:

• FF14 and expansions
  • FF7 Remake

In contrast, The Elder Scrolls hasn't had a good game since Skyrim two generations ago.

First of all, Skyrim was the last ES game, so phrasing it like "The Elder Scrolls hasn't had a good game since Skyrim" is disingenuous. But let's look at the reality of the situation, shall we?

Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Fable, Outer Worlds, Avowed, and Starfield. Those are upcoming Xbox/Game Pass titles that you can't play on PlayStation. I really don't think XBox gamers would trade places with PlayStation gamers insofar as the announced RPG line up.

seaside92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By seaside92
Member since 2021 • 75 Posts

Final Fantasy games sucks either way. Phantasy Star for life!

Besides all Playstation does since Ps4 is making stupid interractive movies with forced narrative over a good game. So screw playstation either way. Only good consoles were Ps1 and Ps2 and thats it.

Xbox or Nintendo ftw!

seaside92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 seaside92

@st_monica:

Final Fantasy wasnt the first. Even Phantasy Star 1 came out same year, and earlier RPGs like Ultima games is way better than Stinking Fantasy. It wasnt even the first to use character model of turn based RPG, and it looks stupid in Final Fantasy either way of you looking like midgets vs realistic looking humans

Either case. This one looks cool. First Turn based RPG with a character shown "the white blimp here is you"

Loading Video...

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#67 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

@x_hedon said:

FF is a dying franchise though.

Really ? didn't FFVII Remake sold like 5 millions on PS4 alone ? ... and didn't they have to stop selling XIV because it was too popular ? All i'm saying is, FF is not going anywhere anytime soon.

Anyways, who cares if they don't release an Xbox version, if anything it probably will be better that way since Xbox owners won't even have to buy the game, they will just use the GamePass version.

Avatar image for ___gamemaster__
___gamemaster__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 ___gamemaster__
Member since 2009 • 3347 Posts

Final Fantasy trends down after FFX. While FF15 has a promising start, it goes spiral downwards fast mid game. FF7R is a great game with good combat mechanics, but if you play the original, you know something is missing. The game didnt even reach at least the disc 1 of the original. Saying all this, i think FF is getting better and better again.

sonny2dap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 sonny2dap
Member since 2008 • 2066 Posts

@Jag85 said:
@StrongDeadlift said:
@zmanbarzel said:

@pelvist said:

• FF14 and expansions
  • FF7 Remake

I mean Skyrim was literally the last time they released a main entry Elder scrolls game so that's hardly an indictment of the series, in fact if anything it's an endorsement of the ongoing relevance of the Elder scrolls series and the community that exists around them.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

Eh, granted I'm not much of a FF guy, but I've never once purchased any MS console and said to myself "boy oh boy, this better have FF on it, or it's just gonna be devastating."

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@StrongDeadlift said:
@zmanbarzel said:

@pelvist said:

Im actually playing through Lost Odyssey right now, and this game is way better than it has any right to be. This is the true successor to the classic Final Fantasies (FF7-10) all the way down to the menus. Microsoft definately needs to bring this franchise back and work with Mistwalker again.

The funny thing about all this? There are currently more Final Fantasy games playable on the current Xbox consoles than on PS5/4. FF13/13-2 and (soon) LR:13-3 are not only all on GamePass, all Xbox One X enhanced and FPS Boosted, but a mainline FF game that strait up doesn't exist on any modern PlayStation platforms.

"The home of Final Fantasy" lmao. The same thing with Metal Gear lol.

I think FFX was the last game I played of the franchise, lol.

st_monica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 st_monica
Member since 2020 • 1454 Posts

@seaside92:

Yeah, but who claimed FF was the first RPG ever made?

Also, you don't have to lecture me on what Wikipedia says about the history of the RPG genre because I already know it.

templecow90999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 templecow90999
Member since 2021 • 911 Posts

All this means to me is they are trying to keep Final Fantasy 7 remake off Xbox?

seaside92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By seaside92

@st_monica:

Final Fantasy is notable for long running series, but its very mediocre. I would rather play Ultima 1 or Quest for Glory 5 on PC over having to tolerate the cash grab update of ports of old games without the same graphics as they used to be when they were released.

If not then its either a horrible phone port to other devices like PC with zero effort

You know what Phantasy Star 2 looks like on PC? LIKE ACTUAL PHANTASY STAR 2 : D

(only thing broken is save function doesnt work in game for random reason.. but save slot via the emulation software works so still better port than Square)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/211203/Phantasy_Star_II/

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8220 Posts

I've never understood FF fandom. I like almost every other JRPG more than FF. Dragon Quest, Fire Emblem, persona/smt, bravely default\octopath.

Anyone else feel like FF is very overated franchise, the only one I've enjoyed in the last 10 years is the MMO. The FF MMO is well made. But as far as the main series games (since maybe tactics back on gba or x1x2 on PS2) franchise feels weak.

seaside92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 seaside92

@zerothehero:

No it doesnt because Final Fantasy is a mediocre bland RPG series. Here is RPGs that is way better. Phantasy Star 1-4, Ultima series and Quest for Glory series. And if you wanna go old primitive "Wizardry and Dragonstomper"

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

theres almost 15 games on the switch from SE. On the Xbox its a similar situation...so meh.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6865 Posts

Absolutely pointless unless they plan on keeping it off PC as well. No reason to money hat a game to keep it off just one platform.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

Sony probably paid around $300M for the exclusivity for ff7 remake / integrade and ff16. They won't pay to make the other SE games exclusive. Its not worth it for them to do it anyway. Not to mention all the existing FF games on xbox and switch that are already there.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Jag85

@dabear: The last Elder Scrolls game was Elder Scrolls Online, which got destroyed by WOW and FF14. Meanwhile, FF14 has surpassed WOW as the biggest MMO in the world. The Elder Scrolls hasn't been relevant since 2011. FF is still relevant today with FF14 and FF7R.

There are some hyped upcoming Bethesda titles, but we don't know how they'll turn out. Cyberpunk 2077 was hyped through the roof, yet it ended up destroying CDPR's reputation. Knowing Bethesda, expect a similar bugfest...

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Jag85

@seaside92: That has almost nothing to do with what Monica said. FF is factually one of the longest-running RPG series still around today.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 dabear

@Jag85 said:

@dabear: The last Elder Scrolls game was Elder Scrolls Online, which got destroyed by WOW and FF14. Meanwhile, FF14 has surpassed WOW as the biggest MMO in the world. The Elder Scrolls hasn't been relevant since 2011. FF is still relevant today with FF14 and FF7R.

There are some hyped upcoming titles, but we don't know how they'll turn out. Cyberpunk was hyped through the roof, yet it ended up destroying CDPR's reputation. Wait until those games come out.

Yeah, yeah. Sure. Just like no one cares about Starfield...

If ES wasn't relevant, why are people still buying new copies of it today, 10 years later? Why did twitter explode with cow salt when ES 6 was announced to only be coming to XBox and PC?

Sure, it's irrelevant.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#85 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@dabear: agreed. I’ll take ES over that JAPANIMEEEEEE Gooooooo crap anytime

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 dabear

@daredevils2k: There's one glitch to this, even though I don't care.

FF16 is only timed exclusive to the PS5.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

Elder Scrolls hasn't been good since Morrowind.

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 above_average
Member since 2021 • 1566 Posts

@TheEroica said:

Not thinking the Xbox crowd will be too concerened.... They'll be playing ES6 and Starfield.

Playing? ES6?

You guys should wait for a gameplay shot before making frivolous nonsense statements.

Final Fantasy 16 might not come out this year and it actually full on gameplay. Just keep hyping the fact that the next Bethesda games (whenever they release) won't be on PS systems, that's the only real thing xbox crowd can hype.

You can't actually "play" anything new from MS+Bethesda until 11.11.2022 and that's if you're not hit with an expected covid excuse delay til 2023.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Jag85

@dabear said:
@Jag85 said:

There are some hyped upcoming titles, but we don't know how they'll turn out. Cyberpunk was hyped through the roof, yet it ended up destroying CDPR's reputation. Wait until those games come out.

Yeah, yeah. Sure. Just like no one cares about Starfield...

If ES wasn't relevant, why are people still buying new copies of it today, 10 years later? Why did twitter explode with cow salt when ES 6 was announced to only be coming to XBox and PC?

Sure, it's irrelevant.

That's about as "relevant" as Square Enix milking FF remasters to this day... That's not really an argument. The reality is that there hasn't been a good new Elder Scrolls for over a decade. All we got in that time was a flop MMO that got crushed by FF14 and WoW.

Again, Cyberpunk 2077 got a ton of hype, yet look how that turned out. How do you know Starfield won't just turn out to be another Cyberpunk 2077? You won't know that until it comes out. And considering Bethesda's reputation, Starfield is almost certainly going to be a bugfest. The standards for open-world games have also been raised since Skyrim came out, with games like Witcher 3 and Breath of the Wild raising the bar. Skyrim open-world standards from 2011 wouldn't cut it nowadays in 2022.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator  Online
Member since 2009 • 22679 Posts
@above_average said:
@TheEroica said:

Not thinking the Xbox crowd will be too concerened.... They'll be playing ES6 and Starfield.

Playing? ES6?

You guys should wait for a gameplay shot before making frivolous nonsense statements.

Final Fantasy 16 might not come out this year and it actually full on gameplay. Just keep hyping the fact that the next Bethesda games (whenever they release) won't be on PS systems, that's the only real thing xbox crowd can hype.

You can't actually "play" anything new from MS+Bethesda until 11.11.2022 and that's if you're not hit with an expected covid excuse delay til 2023.

I think my favorite part about your response is that your claiming games like elder scrolls and starfield are so far off in a thread about future FF games.... 😂🤣

Let's not pretend there is some magical next ff game coming out without a ridiculous wait and likely several delays.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 dabear

@Jag85: LMAO. Sure, bro.

Let's just ignore the "Starfield and Elder Scrolls 6 will not be on Playstation" rants in SW, Twitter, and the rest of the internet.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Jag85

@dabear: Sure, let's just ignore all the hype over Cyberpunk 2077 and how everyone turned on CDPR after that. Again, what makes you think the same thing won't happen to Bethesda? They haven't done anything worthwhile in a decade. They've just been milking Skyrim for the last decade.

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 mazuiface
Member since 2016 • 1604 Posts
@sargentd said:

I've never understood FF fandom. I like almost every other JRPG more than FF. Dragon Quest, Fire Emblem, persona/smt, bravely default\octopath.

Anyone else feel like FF is very overated franchise, the only one I've enjoyed in the last 10 years is the MMO. The FF MMO is well made. But as far as the main series games (since maybe tactics back on gba or x1x2 on PS2) franchise feels weak.

FF games are usually very well designed, but the appeal of them to a lot of people is really in the legacy of the games and that they've expanded rpg games so much. FFXII was groundbreaking (and probably the best recent FF made besides XIV which is different.)

I agree about other RPG's eclipsing or all out outshining the FF series like Persona/SMT, but they are still great games. The newest one borrows a lot from Devil May Cry in terms of gameplay, so I'm actually looking forward to it.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#94  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44564 Posts

I believe I saw it mentioned too that Strangers of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origins is still on for Xbox. Maybe this is Square Enix trying to goad Xbox users to buy it in hopes their contribution to a strong commercial performance might make them reconsider. As for me, I already wrote off any expectations Square Enix would put these on Xbox after FFVII remake never made it over and not looking for any reason to care now. Gotta say though this is kind of irresponsible dialog before publishing maybe a last FF game on Xbox as I imagine I can't be only person dissuaded from even bothering with it they're already signaling the game has no future on the platform. Well done Square Enix.

seaside92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 seaside92

@lamprey263:

That game looks cool. But if we are being honest. FF series in general is basically mediocre RPG series. There are better ones such as Ultima series, Phantasy Star 1-4 and Quest for Glory series

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#96 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts

Are we going back to this s***, Square? Going back to multiplat and NOT being exclusive on PlayStation (and Nintendo, tbf) was one of the best things you did.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#97 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts

@fedor said:

Elder Scrolls hasn't been good since Morrowind.

Even though that game aged like complete crap, and I don't just mean by the visuals.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 dabear

How are you feeling about exclusivity in the wake of MS buying Activision-Blizzard?

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#99 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44564 Posts

@dabear: difference is Square Enix seems to be making these Sony exclusives without any incentive given by Sony, honestly think their strategy is to expect the fervor of the Sony fanbase to hype these up because they are exclusive rather than launch a massive costly marketing campaign with less remarkable hype behind the game and have to apologize every day on Twitter to the Nipponophiles about them feeling betrayed by its inclusion on Xbox. Honestly it has been transparent since the Rise of the Tomb Raider drama that exclusives are awful only when Sony gamers are denied the games.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8220 Posts

@dabear: some of these responses are great after the recent news. Gold man straight gold lol

Alot can change in a week lol