SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45129 Posts

Thoughts, SW? I'll still be checking this out. I don't think it will be a 4/10 experience for me, but I guess I'll find out lol

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19573 Posts

It scored a Suda51/10.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38860 Posts

Told you it looked like shit. Some in here were in denial saying that its just Suda's style being an ugly and clunky game.

2021 has been the most pathetic year for Nintendo in a very long time. Now you just wait for Dread to get a 6-7 and the deal is sealed.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

MS games better than Suda games confirmed.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46321 Posts

Ouch, mate. I knew you were really looking forward to this one.

NMH2 receieved some lower scores too, right?

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34617 Posts

Well, it did look like crap, and the previous games were monotonous as well.

Also doubt the combat is "deep", as they say it is. It certainly wasn't in the first two.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34617 Posts
@hardwenzen said:

Now you just wait for Dread to get a 6-7 and the deal is sealed.

If it does, I'd blame the 6-7 developer.

Seriously. MercurySteam? As their main sidescrolling Metroid team? Ugh..

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

Yeah ... it looks pretty meh.

The first one had a lot of charm, it felt somewhat fresh and there were some memorable moments and characters, but for some reason this one looked ... unfocused? i don't know but like they wanted to be a parody, an action game, an open world game, a mini game collection, etc , etc ... I mean why no go with the assassins thing once more with tons of levels and boss battles? like a Devil May Cry if you will but with Travis Touchdown and many of Suda's weird ideas. I feel like it would have worked better.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts

Big ooof 😮

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29825 Posts

@Planeforger said:

It scored a Suda51/10.

lol, nice.

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12 my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 1241 Posts

Eh

Lollipop Chainsaw is dumb fun , would like to see it get a sequel. Although that seems unlikely since it would traumatize thousands of people who had no intention of playing it.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#13 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

Suda51 games have always been... ...divisive. He's always trying to live up to his quirky post-punk reputation. Sometimes he nails it, like with Killer7, other times he falls flat.

I always thought Nintendo signing him on to make exclusives for them was a risky move. Maybe Nintendo were looking for a bit of edge to their family-friendly image, but I'm not sure it helped them ship that many Switches.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

I'm sure the game isn't superb or prime, but the reviewer is a twitter puritan progressive.

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts

I thought the first two were trash so I didn’t have high hopes for this one. I’ll probably play this eventually to form my own opinion but there are too many good games right now to be bothered.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SolidGame_basic  Online

Franchise is over :(

https://www.eurogamer.net/amp/2021-08-27-no-more-heroes-creator-says-the-series-is-over?__twitter_impression=true

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19573 Posts

Meanwhile, Eurogamer is calling it the best game in the series. I'll probably pick it up once I'm done with Psychonauts 2.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8418 Posts

Suda51 has only ever been a niche developer that catered to a niche crowd. I don't think this will have much impact on the "success" that the game was never going to have. The fans will still eat it up and Suda51 will crack another dick joke. The guy has probably mistakened Henry Rollins for U.S. president.

Casey-Wegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Casey-Wegner
Member since 2021 • 1470 Posts

@Planeforger said:

Meanwhile, Eurogamer is calling it the best game in the series. I'll probably pick it up once I'm done with Psychonauts 2.

I trust Eurogamer over GS clickbait reviews any day.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58988 Posts

Reviews for this are all over the place.

Eurogamer is usually decent though, when it comes takes.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#21 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@madsnakehhh said:

Yeah ... it looks pretty meh.

The first one had a lot of charm, it felt somewhat fresh and there were some memorable moments and characters, but for some reason this one looked ... unfocused? i don't know but like they wanted to be a parody, an action game, an open world game, a mini game collection, etc , etc ... I mean why no go with the assassins thing once more with tons of levels and boss battles? like a Devil May Cry if you will but with Travis Touchdown and many of Suda's weird ideas. I feel like it would have worked better.

Yeah, "lacking charm and personality" is a pretty bad criticism for a game in this series. They were never necessarily the best -games- but they were oozing with creative ideas that more than made up for it. If this game didn't nail that then I have little hope for its overall quality.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#22 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5253 Posts

This game "bombs" in GameSpot while I feel that the spotty history of its developer tells me not to hype it.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#23 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9730 Posts

Easy Allies gave this game a review. They liked the game a lot.

Loading Video...

ZeroTheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ZeroTheHero
Member since 2021 • 1391 Posts

Sony > Nintendo

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#25  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41535 Posts

Still gonna play it! (rephrase) Let's not forget there are people on this forum (and Twitter) who defend the terrible port that is Wonderful 101 "Remastered" on Switch, and that got the same score on here.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SolidGame_basic  Online

@nintendoboy16: yea.. I mean, if you're playing NMH because you're looking for a master class in game design, you're missing the point of these games 😄

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@my_user_name: "since it would traumatize thousands of people who had no intention of playing it."

Perfectly said!!!

rasengan2552

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 rasengan2552
Member since 2009 • 5071 Posts

Ive given up on buying switch games unless they’re first party with ahuge budget

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SolidGame_basic  Online

Looks like the Gamespot review is the lowest. Seems like an outlier.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

This seems to be a game that people either really love or dislike, makes me want to play it.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By jaydan

I went ahead and bought the game since I was determined to buy the game anyways, regardless of reviews.

So far I'm really having a great time with the game and it gets a lot of style and presentation points. It draws up confusion how Gamespot gave it a 4/10 rating. My theory is the reviewer never played the original games and so they didn't know what they were getting into.

Well as I said before, Suda51 is a niche developer. If you are a fan of No More Heroes before, you're gonna be a fan of the new game.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#32 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Not surprised by the mix reaction from the journo types to be honest. The only thing likeable about NO More Heroes 1 (besides the soundtrack) is all the story shit, the gameplay stuff is a fucking drag. Way too shallow in a genre that even in that year had DMC4 and Ninja gaiden 2, much less now in a post Bayonetta, Wonderful 101, DMC5 space to go along with Bloodborne, Nioh, Dad of War as far as good melee combat systems.

I'll probably still finish my playthrough of NMh1, and then 2 after. But I'm not exactly in any hurry to play it.

I will say its nice that NMH3 is when the mouth breather journos suddenly remember gameplay being shallow is a problem, and not when the game is shiny n shit like Ghost of Tsushima, or Assassin's Creed, or Bethesda games or Rockstar games for that matter.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By jaydan

@jg4xchamp: That's kinda the point of the series, right? I don't think the NMH franchise ever set itself out to be the best action game in the market.

To enjoy one of these games quite literally means you enjoy the weird mind of Suda51. That's the ticket you're paying for when you buy one of his games, because his finger marks are all over these things.

NMH is also a work of satire; and like any good satire: either people get it or they don't.

If you already "get" the NMH series, it's a no-brainer you'll enjoy NMH3 as well.

I have a hot, I'm sure could be a controversial take: No More Heroes 3 has a rad stylized aesthetic that rivals the likes of Persona 5's visual style.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 hardwenzen

These kind of games should be on gamepass. Imagine spending $60 for this thing

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SolidGame_basic  Online

@hardwenzen said:

Let's bankrupt developers while we're at it 😎

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 hardwenzen

@SolidGame_basic said:
@hardwenzen said:

Let's bankrupt developers while we're at it 😎

Not much will be lost. Suda51 looks like he does hardcore drugs in the bathroom, this is how he wrote the three games.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By jaydan

Imagine being the guy that cares how other people spend their money, makes me consider how terribly insecure you are in real life.

Also, insulting a game dev or anyone in the industry, last I checked is against policy here. Calling Suda51 a drug addict based on no merit is a personal attack on a person, you know?

How sad do you have to be with your personal life to be attacking people you don't know like that?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 hardwenzen

@jaydan said:

Imagine being the guy that cares how other people spend their money, makes me consider how terribly insecure you are in real life.

Then i see you poopoo on those who spend $70 on Sony exclusives.🤷‍♂️Jaydan The Hypocrite.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By jaydan
@hardwenzen said:
@jaydan said:

Then i see you poopoo on those who spend $70 on Sony exclusives.🤷‍♂️Jaydan The Hypocrite.

If your biggest takeaway of the $70 price tag criticism is a personal attack on you, then you completely miss the point of it in the first place. C'mon Hardy, I know you're brighter than you lead on, at least show it.

Gamer's (including myself) criticize the $70 tag because the righteous gamer is concerned about the kind of implications and ripples it can have on the rest of the industry. Cows also call ridicule onto themselves when they parade around these boards with great prideful arrogance that they're suddenly big-ballers over the average gamer. See where the bottomline issue is??

You probably don't, because you're Hardywenzen after all. I know sensible posters at least know what I'm talking about, not a bottom-of-the barrel troll like yourself that goes into every thread saying "I can't believe people have different tastes than mine / I'm gonna trash on them."

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 hardwenzen

@jaydan said:
@hardwenzen said:
@jaydan said:

If your biggest takeaway of the $70 price tag criticism is a personal attack on you, then you completely miss the point of it in the first place. C'mon Hardy, I know you're brighter than you lead on, at least show it.

Gamer's (including myself) criticize the $70 tag because the righteous gamer is concerned about the kind of implications and ripples it can have on the rest of the industry. Cows also call ridicule onto themselves when they parade around these boards with great prideful arrogance that they're suddenly big-ballers over the average gamer. See where the bottomline issue is??

You probably don't, because you're Hardywenzen after all. I know sensible posters at least know what I'm talking about, not a bottom-of-the barrel troll like yourself that goes into every thread saying "I can't believe people have different tastes than mine / I'm gonna trash on them."

As someone who is very sensitive on this forum, your post hurt me.

And my taste is not 4/10 games that look like they were made for the Wii and sold for $60.😎Take that, sheep.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By jaydan

@hardwenzen: My taste is forming my own opinion and not hiding behind numbers, or caring what low-level trolls say.

Hardy you're pretty weak shit on these boards but that's okay, somebody needs to be the SW clown. I'm gonna have to start calling you Softwenzen, cause you get pretty limp after a while.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@jaydan said:

Also, insulting a game dev or anyone in the industry, last I checked is against policy here. Calling Suda51 a drug addict based on no merit is a personal attack on a person, you know?

How sad do you have to be with your personal life to be attacking people you don't know like that?

That's what you do on here all the time over $70 PS5 games.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@jaydan: It's very sad how immature you are. You constantly contradict yourself and when you are called out for it you start hurling grade school level insults. At least you admitted you are insecure which is why you try to shame others for buying $70 games.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 jaydan

@NathanDrakeSwag: I'll have to tell you to provide receipts to such shame.

I mean, I know I shamed you in plenty of ways, so you're mostly just bitter over the fact I've gotten your butt all hurty for calling out your BS enough times, so have fun with that. You aren't SW clown #1 just because of me feeling that way about you, you are that way because that's your reputation and many on this site in fact see you that way, there's a difference.

You jumping to Softy's defense is like dealing with Dumb, and then throwing Dumber my way thinking will make a difference.

Once you guys get good at trolling or become half decent posters, people will be able to respect the both of you better; but until then, you guys backed yourself into this corner of being the ass posters of Gamespot.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 hardwenzen

@jaydan said:

@hardwenzen: My taste is forming my own opinion and not hiding behind numbers, or caring what low-level trolls say.

Hardy you're pretty weak shit on these boards but that's okay, somebody needs to be the SW clown. I'm gonna have to start calling you Softwenzen, cause you get pretty limp after a while.

But i used to be called tryhardwenzen for a reason. Why would you call me Softwenzen? Pretty toxic of you, sheep. I also enjoy seeing you taking this place as serious as it was your job😊I would call you being the SW clown, but i won't, because i want you to keep on taking this place seriously, its fun to read your rage.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 jaydan

@hardwenzen said:
@jaydan said:

But i used to be called tryhardwenzen for a reason. Why would you call me Softwenzen? Pretty toxic of you, sheep. I also enjoy seeing you taking this place as serious as it was your job😊I would call you being the SW clown, but i won't, because i want you to keep on taking this place seriously, its fun to read your rage.

Fortunately reputation rings louder than a couple SW clowns desperately trying to claw away from being called out to be shitty posters.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 hardwenzen

@jaydan said:
@hardwenzen said:
@jaydan said:

Fortunately reputation rings louder than a couple SW clowns desperately trying to claw away from being called out to be shitty posters.

Teh reputationz!!!! omg.😊

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 jaydan

This might just be the best 4/10 game I've ever played.

Also this song is baller and about sushi.

Loading Video...

templecow90999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 templecow90999
Member since 2021 • 911 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

Told you it looked like shit. Some in here were in denial saying that its just Suda's style being an ugly and clunky game.

2021 has been the most pathetic year for Nintendo in a very long time. Now you just wait for Dread to get a 6-7 and the deal is sealed.

Samus Returns was a 9/10 on GS and and 85 Metacritic. Dread will be an 8 or 9.