PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

Definitely looks more interesting than SC.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

...And? Your typical PlayStation fan won't give two fucks about it, just like with Grim Fandango. Btw I disagree with you. Games like SC can never look boring.

hello505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 hello505
Member since 2013 • 523 Posts

Yes. Star Citizen has nice visuals (which NMS does too) but will probably have that politically correct and formal story that will bore me to tears.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

both games look boring tbh. star citizen makes this look pretty terrible from a graphics perspective, but the footage here seems much more like a product with a plausible release on the horizon and not like hyped vaporware. that being said i dont think hardware is nearly powerful enough yet to pull off convincing atmospheric travel. the implementation here just destroys any sense of scale.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PS4hasNOgames

@Salt_The_Fries said:

...And? Your typical PlayStation fan won't give two fucks about it, just like with Grim Fandango. Btw I disagree with you. Games like SC can never look boring.

i think this game is for PC as well. you mad?

anyways, playstation owners will buy this in droves. just like they bought games like Journey and Flower.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

And?

No Man's Sky is multiplatform game

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

Cows can't play star citizen. So they'll just bash it. Classic cows tactic.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PS4hasNOgames

@bldgirsh said:

No mans sky will sell more on ps4 than pc. Hell it will sell more than SC.

you seem upset.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

How? It's all random generated, which will never match hand crafted. The flying part looks very barebones and simplistic compared to Star Citizen too, both combat-wise as well as for privateer-styled gameplay. SC will also have proper story based campaign as well as full blown MP.

I can understand somebody prefering No Man's Sky. After all not everybod wants to dive in into complexit Star Citizen will offer. But I fail to see how No Man's Sky is more interesting unless your sole criteria for being interesting is having cartoonich colorful graphics.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PS4hasNOgames

@FreedomFreeLife said:

And?

Just like Titanfall?

anyways that wasn't the point of this thread, but if you want it to be....it is only announced for the PS4, no word yet on when or if it will come to other platforms. I'm guessing PC, but it might be a while just like GTA5.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@bldgirsh said:

/thread

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

@ps4hasnogames said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

And?

Just like Titanfall?

anyways that wasn't the point of this thread, but if you want it to be....it is only announced for the PS4, no word yet on when or if it will come to other platforms. I'm guessing PC, but it might be a while just like GTA5.

you just got owned. its multiplatform right now

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 PS4hasNOgames

@wis3boi said:

@bldgirsh said:

/thread

I'm not a cow, and I'm not bashing SC.

you seem mad.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

And?

Dont be so defensive lem !!! He just said N mans Sky looks more interesting than Star Citizen ... Dont be so sensitive !! What damage control is that with lems latetly !!!? :P ... You got a price cut and a new SDK , arent you happy enough ?

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PS4hasNOgames

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

And?

Just like Titanfall?

you just got owned. its multiplatform right now

no you got owned. i know it a multi platform. but no other platform was announced yet. it will first come to ps4.

feel stupid.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#17  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts
@m3dude1 said:

both games look boring tbh. star citizen makes this look pretty terrible from a graphics perspective, but the footage here seems much more like a product with a plausible release on the horizon and not like hyped vaporware. that being said i dont think hardware is nearly powerful enough yet to pull off convincing atmospheric travel. the implementation here just destroys any sense of scale.

Yeah. That scale is actually the main draw for me to No Man's Sky. I love the idea of it being no work at all, to just go to another planet. The ease of it all, it's a bit like in a dream. I'm very interested in that.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@ps4hasnogames said:

you seem mad.

irony

Elpresador-911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Elpresador-911
Member since 2013 • 1096 Posts

PS4 console exclusive No womans sky will take a dump on star shitizen

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 AdrianWerner

In reality cows are just jeally of Star Citizen, so they're looking for anything to counter this bid bugeted juggernaught. Unfotunatelly for them, the best they can do is No Man's Sky..a game that will also come to PC and PC version will be the superior one.

And the way they phrased it during Sony conference it's obvious PS4 won't even get a real timed exclusivity on it.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#21  Edited By illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

On the basis that you can fly through a planet's atmosphere and fly over and land on a planet's landscape, yes.

Star Citizen seems to focus on Space and its stations so far.

Either way, I am excited for both games.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 PS4hasNOgames

@AdrianWerner said:

In reality cows are just jeally of Star Citizen, so they're looking for anything to counter this bid bugeted juggernaught. Unfotunatelly for them, the best they can do is No Man's Sky..a game that will also come to PC and PC version will be the superior one.

And the way they phrased it during Sony conference it's obvious PS4 won't even get a real timed exclusivity on it.

in reality you need to stop crying that SC looks so boring.

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

I kind of agree. Both will be good but no mans sky looks more interesting to me giving that they have a smaller budget and yet it has worlds you can explore with aliens and stuff. If the devs of that game had the same budget like cloud imperium, they surely could create something wonderful with next gen tech.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@AdrianWerner said:

You mean like Titanfall , the X1 "exclusive" that you were bragging about for months !?

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#25  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Of course it looks better because Star Citizen is not on consoles after all . Lol .

Consoles got No Man Sky while PC got Star Citizen + Squadron 42 , Elite Dangerous AND (may be) No Man Sky . So , what's your point .

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26  Edited By Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

Agree with OP! No Man's Sky looks fascinating and surreal. It may lose its charm after a couple of hours exploring, but that's ok. The gameplay footage I've seen from SC on the other hand looks slow, sluggish and lacks enough ooompf when you shoot something or crash yourself. And contrary to NMS it doesn't have an interesting visual style to compensate.

It was funny when Roberts showed the Game to Watters as he really struggled to seem impressed by one of the most boring demos of E3.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@ps4hasnogames: I'm sure it does to a mindless peasant.... meanwhile back in reality.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

Yeah I kind of agree the game does look more interesting than star citizen, visiting other planets seems more interesting than open space and space stations in star citizen.

However star citizen is still alpha so too early to judge.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

hey guys we have a space game too! even though it looks like it has no real direction and an incredible shallow experience! you can fly around colorful planets and then and then.... with starfox shallow shooting!

.... and yet all that is revealed of SC is dogfighting... which is only a very minor portion of the scale.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By AdrianWerner

@ps4hasnogames said:

@AdrianWerner said:

in reality you need to stop crying that SC looks so boring.

Just admit it looks too complex for you. There's nothing wrong with liking simplier titles like No Man's Sky, as long as you're honest. Nobody is going to judge you.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 AdrianWerner
@AzatiS said:

@AdrianWerner said:

You mean like Titanfall , the X1 "exclusive" that you were bragging about for months !?

Huh? I think you hit the wrong post to quote, because yours doesn't make any sense as reply to mine.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Precursors_(video_game) Have you even heard about this game?

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#33  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

No Man Sky looks cool but it isn't on par with Star Citizen (actually , comparing both is kinda stupid) . Overall , Star Citizen is going to offer alot more variety than No Man Sky . SC is big budget AAA game where everything is handcrafted and attention to detail is amazing .

On other hand , due to small budget , No Man Sky relies on procedural generation , which is cheaper way to create worlds and is NOT on par with something which is handcrafted (Quality over Quantity . Still if you want Quantity , we got Elite Dangerous with 400 billion Star systems and Star Citizen itself is going to have procedural generation expansion after the initial release) .

In Star Citizen you can land on asteroids , space stations , and cities inside planets . And as I mentioned before , those are created by artists and designers and not randomly generated . They got few people from Hollywood that worked on latest Sci Fi movies to do art for their game , including Aliens .

Aliens in SC aren't approached like they are in other games , instead they look and behave completely different than Humans (the way they sit , fly ships , talk , breath etc) . There are even going to be some aliens that live inside underwater cities and we'll be visiting that too .

Then there is First Person Combat , that takes place on asteroid bases , inside frigates , or lawless planets . First Person mode isn't just an after thought , in fact it is created by totally different studio and will feature full armor and weapon customization like any other tactical FPS .

Then there is Standalone game that takes place within Star Citizen universe , it's called "Squadron 42" . Which is Single Player campaign that can be played offline and takes place few months before Star Citizen . It will be linear Character driven game where choices will affect outcome of the game and will feature all the elements of PU except exploration and economy .

Character facial expressions in Star Citizen are powered by the software that is used to create "Killing Monsters" CGI trailer for Witcher 3 . Don't know how No Mans Sky is better than that . Because of procedural generation or because it is on PS4 .?

Yes Star Citizen won't be out until late 2015 or early 2016 but Squadron 42 is releasing next year , which alone is worthy of 50$ price (50 missions , multiple endings , 15+ hours of gameplay , cutscenes , orchestral soundtrack , celebrity voice acting and so on) .

Arena Commander module that released recently is just a game WITHIN a game . Arena Commander is in fiction simulation software that allows pilots to practice dog fights . Even that isn't final yet and version released ATM is 0.8 . Final Arena Commander version will be 3.0 . The game is still fun even in this early release . They are going to reveal their FPS combat in August , during Gamescon , which means ; better character models , enhanced animations and so on .

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#34  Edited By 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

Indeed.

hofuldig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35 hofuldig
Member since 2004 • 5126 Posts

i actually bought into star citizen a while ago when you could still get lifetime insurance on your ships. but i am not seeing anything more than 6 months on that actually peaks my interest about the game. not even the dog fighting is that great. at this point they are over-hyping and under delivering and it really makes me regret the money i spent on it. however no mans sky seems like a great game to play and lucky me i have a PS4.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Is there a point to No Man's Sky, or do you just go to planets, look at stuff, try to survive, and leave?

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By AmazonAngry
Member since 2014 • 968 Posts

Totally agree. SC loos like another, generic sci fi, cookie cutter game. Nms looks amazing.

Anyone hyping sc must love mediocrity.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 AdrianWerner

@amazonangry said:

Totally agree. SC loos like another, generic sci fi, cookie cutter game. Nms looks amazing.

Anyone hyping sc must love mediocrity.

You never played a space sim, have you?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39 42316
Member since 2006 • 1502 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

Is there a point to No Man's Sky, or do you just go to planets, look at stuff, try to survive, and leave?

That's what I think, I get that people are excited to explore the worlds and stuff, but the procedurally generated stuff, I reckon it might just get boring, sure we'll see different planets and stuff, but how many times were you wowed by guns in borderlands? I tend to prefer the hand crafted worlds that SC will have. Granted still excited for both games, but you have to wonder about NMS tiny dev team and lack of experience, whereas SC seems to have a wealth of experience andthat ludicrous amount of public funding!

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

Im more interested in No Mans Sky, but Ill be happy I can play both.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#41 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Elite looks amazing visualy, but No Man's Sky looks more interesting than any game i can think about!

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

I pretty much agree, having little interests for Star Citizen compare to this game, but both games look to be amazing in their own ways.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

No mans sky looks way more interesting to me, having realtime atmosphere entry and minimal loading is a major plus.

Also I really love it's art style.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

it does look good but all this "procedural generated" worlds talk is mostly bullshyt.

when was the last time you saw a game do that shit and then all the areas not be the same-y thing over and over.

every time they list that for random dungeon generation or whatever it seems it was just a time saver for the devs and a bulletpoint for the back of the box and the reality is infinite same-y dungeons that you get sick of before you ever finish the game..

bloodlust_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 bloodlust_101
Member since 2003 • 2764 Posts

@bldgirsh said:

I can play Star Citizen, and space combat is one of my favorite genres. But there is absolutely no outlook for *WHEN* Star Citizen will be in our hands, and concept wise No Mans Sky is really exciting to me. If it comes to PC I will most likely pick it up there. :)

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

@ps4hasnogames said:
Loading Video...

Definitely looks more interesting than SC.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#48  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

They did say it was a PC game a long time ago before the flooding, they also admitted that the demo they showed at the Sonys' E3 conference this year was running on PC. Its just another case of the peasantry taking a liking to a PC game that they otherwise wouldnt be interested in if it wasnt announced for their system. So nothing out of the ordinary.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

I prefer the look of SC.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11796 Posts

What does No Man's Sky got going on for it, it's made by like 4 people and the main selling point is that it's procedurally generated, how is that going to compete with a Space simulator Legend Chris Robert a long with his AAA experienced team.