No Crysis 3 for WiiU

• 186 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FastEddie2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 FastEddie2121
Member since 2009 • 3081 Posts

So. Many. Exuses.

no games

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts
Not a big loss. But considering the WiiU's library it's a pretty big loss.themajormayor
The system is 2 months old. What type of Library do you think it should have? :lol:
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#54 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

I don't think that will bother Crytek too much. The last time they got strained to get games on multiple consoles in a short period of time we got Crysis 2.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
I always thought wiiu will get third party until ps4/720 is launched but looks like its a big joke even now lmao. missing on crysis 3 is fine but missing games such as metro LL, bioshock infinite and MANY others is a crime.
Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts
Current gen Wii still can't get current gen games.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
Hmmz. Not even getting 7th gen games. Doesn't look too promising for that 8th gen multiplat support.

Why would anyone want to play Crysis on Consoles?

LegatoSkyheart
Because it's a fantastic series.
Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58 Silenthps
Member since 2006 • 7302 Posts
[QUOTE="locopatho"]Hmmz. Not even getting 7th gen games. Doesn't look too promising for that 8th gen multiplat support.

LegatoSkyheart

Well they said it was for business related reasons which I'm guessing is mostly due to the Wii U's small install base, which would be much larger when the other current gen consoles come out.
Avatar image for fernandmondego_
fernandmondego_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 fernandmondego_
Member since 2005 • 3170 Posts
[QUOTE="Silenthps"][QUOTE="locopatho"]Hmmz. Not even getting 7th gen games. Doesn't look too promising for that 8th gen multiplat support.

LegatoSkyheart

Well they said it was for business related reasons which I'm guessing is mostly due to the Wii U's small install base, which would be much larger when the other current gen consoles come out.

By than the developers would have moved on to games the Wii U can't run.
Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts
The said months ago that Cry Engine 3 runs great on Wii U but they weren't making Crysis 3 for it. They also said someone is making a Wii U game with Cry Engine 3 already, so how is this news?
Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Silenthps
Member since 2006 • 7302 Posts
[QUOTE="fernandmondego_"][QUOTE="Silenthps"][QUOTE="locopatho"] Because it's a fantastic series.

By than the developers would have moved on to games the Wii U can't run.

Some developers would (especially crytek) but games like that would be incredibly expensive to develop so I'm willing to bet that most would be portable to the WiiU. Plus, I doubt sony can afford to build a system that's substantially more powerful than the WiiU. And with two under-powered systems, most of the devs would go with the lowest common denominator.
metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

Crysis + Warhead are the only ones that matter anyways.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#63 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Is it coming to PC?
Yeh then whatever.

metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

Is it coming to PC?

KungfuKitten

no-country-for-old-men-4.jpg

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#65 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts
So much for that "every major multiplat is comming!" gif.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 locopatho
So much for that "every major multiplat is comming!" gif.lightleggy
Yeah the biggest multiplats I can think of for next year are DMC, GTA5, Bioshock, Crysis 3, Battlefield 4, Tomb Raider, Metal Gear Rising, Dead Space 3, Watch Dogs, none of them are announced for WiiU
Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

is there any reason for someone to turn on their wii-u this year?

Chris_Williams
To patch it
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60723 Posts
[QUOTE="lightleggy"]So much for that "every major multiplat is comming!" gif.locopatho
Yeah the biggest multiplats I can think of for next year are DMC, GTA5, Bioshock, Crysis 3, Battlefield 4, Tomb Raider, Metal Gear Rising, Dead Space 3, Watch Dogs, none of them are announced for WiiU

lol, pathetic..lolz
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 lightleggy
[QUOTE="lightleggy"]So much for that "every major multiplat is comming!" gif.locopatho

That gif was also full of bs btw, it included a bunch of games which had not even been slightly announced or teased, mgs5, kh3, ff15 and so on. it was made by some really blinded fanboy
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
I bet after the lack luster sales of Bayonetta 2, it will appear on the HD twins.
Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#71 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23285 Posts
Not even mildly surprised about that,a lot of other upcoming multiplats will share the same fate.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#72 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41597 Posts

I bet after the lack luster sales of Bayonetta 2, it will appear on the HD twins.clyde46
Nintendo is funding the game. SEGA, despite owning the IP, dropped it's chance for publications. Fat chance.

If anything, if Bayonetta 2 DOES flop, it just completely obliterates Nintendo's chance of trying to get the mature market (obliterated like Frieza in DBZ), which started decently in the N64 era (despite PlayStation having it better), but went all downhill with GameCube and avoided it completely with Wii due to how risky it was.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#73 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

How well did Crysis 2 do on the 360 and PS3? If it didn't do too hot on those systems then it would have even less of a chance of doing well on a nintendo system, making Crytek's decision pretty reasonable.

Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#74 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

Like it matters. People who buy Nintendo consoles arent going to buy multiplats.

youpieceopoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 youpieceopoo
Member since 2013 • 301 Posts

None of them are really good though lol just like piiu.
clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

Nintendo once again concentrates on the controls and not making a great console. The Wii U will be in last place, PS4 in 1st, and 360 in 2nd.

youpieceopoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 youpieceopoo
Member since 2013 • 301 Posts

[QUOTE="clyde46"]I bet after the lack luster sales of Bayonetta 2, it will appear on the HD twins.nintendoboy16

Nintendo is funding the game. SEGA, despite owning the IP, dropped it's chance for publications. Fat chance.

If anything, if Bayonetta 2 DOES flop, it just completely obliterates Nintendo's chance of trying to get the mature market (obliterated like Frieza in DBZ), which started decently in the N64 era (despite PlayStation having it better), but went all downhill with GameCube and avoided it completely with Wii due to how risky it was.

See even nintendoboy admits n64 was nintendo's last real console.
Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts
I bet after the lack luster sales of Bayonetta 2, it will appear on the HD twins.clyde46
naw, its published by Nintendo, funny thing about Bayonetta is that the company couldn't find anyone else but Nintendo to publish it. I didn't know the 1st sales were that lacklustered. It was a cool game
percuvius2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 percuvius2
Member since 2004 • 1982 Posts

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

Not like Nintendo fans care about this news or anything but thought i would share :P

Yet another multiplatform game not coming out for the WiiU, last month Bioshock Infinit devs confirmed that there will be no Bioshock Infinit on WiiU and now Crytek CEO confirms there will be no Crysis 3 on the WiiU.

looks like there is an issue between EA and Nintendo which is keeping the game from releasing on the WiiU

http://www.gamespot.com/news/no-wii-u-crysis-3-6402062

Captain_Lorelli

Oh nooo..The Wii U isn't getting an overrated futuristic FPS that plays better on my mid range PC...whatever will Nintendo fans do...?

They'll pretend it's overrated.

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#80 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

That sucks :(.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 lightleggy
[QUOTE="clyde46"]I bet after the lack luster sales of Bayonetta 2, it will appear on the HD twins.Chris_Williams
naw, its published by Nintendo, funny thing about Bayonetta is that the company couldn't find anyone else but Nintendo to publish it. I didn't know the 1st sales were that lacklustered. It was a cool game

It was a terrible game, not worthy for a sequel. nintendo was just digging the trash in adesperate attempt to find something slightly appealing to core gamers. what they didn't know was that bayonetta only appeals to hormone-crazed teenagers
Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#82 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49606 Posts
That's disappointing.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 locopatho
[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="lightleggy"]So much for that "every major multiplat is comming!" gif.lightleggy

That gif was also full of bs btw, it included a bunch of games which had not even been slightly announced or teased, mgs5, kh3, ff15 and so on. it was made by some really blinded fanboy

Oh I never saw said GIF and was just talking bout the games we know.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#84 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Another shooter I wont get to play on Wii U? Buhu

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

I doubt it would release on PS3/xbox since its being published by Nintendo even if it sells 2 copies on WiiU

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 finalstar2007

How well did Crysis 2 do on the 360 and PS3? If it didn't do too hot on those systems then it would have even less of a chance of doing well on a nintendo system, making Crytek's decision pretty reasonable.

DJ-Lafleur

I think 3 Million across PS3 and xbox not counting PSN/XBLA sales and PC

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 clyde46

[QUOTE="clyde46"]I bet after the lack luster sales of Bayonetta 2, it will appear on the HD twins.finalstar2007

I doubt it would release on PS3/xbox since its being published by Nintendo even if it sells 2 copies on WiiU

MS published the first Mass Effect game and look where that ended up.
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"][QUOTE="clyde46"]I bet after the lack luster sales of Bayonetta 2, it will appear on the HD twins.lightleggy

It was a terrible game, not worthy for a sequel. nintendo was just digging the trash in adesperate attempt to find something slightly appealing to core gamers. what they didn't know was that bayonetta only appeals to hormone-crazed teenagers

Lightleggy you're doing that thing again where you are completely wrong. Stahp.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 nintendoboy16

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

[QUOTE="clyde46"]I bet after the lack luster sales of Bayonetta 2, it will appear on the HD twins.clyde46

What happened with Mass Effect 1, doesn't mean it'll happen with Bayonetta 2. Each game had different stories behind the scenes. Let's not forget, SEGA dropped Bayonetta 2 (likely due to financial reasons) and Nintendo picked it up.

Did the original Mass Effect have something similar to that?

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 finalstar2007

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

[QUOTE="clyde46"]I bet after the lack luster sales of Bayonetta 2, it will appear on the HD twins.clyde46

Because EA bought Bioware and they have strong relationship with Sony not to mention Mass Effext series sold like hot cakes on PS3... Bayonetta 2 is a whole different situation and it would be odd to see Nintendo logo when the game releases on PS3/Xbox lol

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 lightleggy
[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="lightleggy"][QUOTE="locopatho"] Yeah the biggest multiplats I can think of for next year are DMC, GTA5, Bioshock, Crysis 3, Battlefield 4, Tomb Raider, Metal Gear Rising, Dead Space 3, Watch Dogs, none of them are announced for WiiU

Oh I never saw said GIF and was just talking bout the games we know.

It was some old gif, from the time when wii u was announced...it had that eccentric black dude from the 5th element saying how the wii u would be completely superior by having a bunch of multiplats, saying that it would have metal gear solid 5, kingdom hearts 3, final fantasy 15 and a bunch of other games that to this day have not even been teased. There's actually a SW user who still has the gif on his sig, but after this, i'll doubt he'll keep it.
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 lightleggy

[QUOTE="lightleggy"][QUOTE="Chris_Williams"] naw, its published by Nintendo, funny thing about Bayonetta is that the company couldn't find anyone else but Nintendo to publish it. I didn't know the 1st sales were that lacklustered. It was a cool gameDJ-Lafleur

Lightleggy you're doing that thing again where you are completely wrong. Stahp.

No, im being completely right.
AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

is there any reason for someone to turn on their wii-u this year?

Chris_Williams
Your Sig goes good with my avatar.
Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts
People saying this doesn't matter are fooling themselves, this is a problematic trend and it will only be worse when the 720/ps4 get announced. Meh, I will still get one for 1st party games and some gems like Rayman and Wonderful 101.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 clyde46

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

nintendoboy16

What happened with Mass Effect 1, doesn't mean it'll happen with Bayonetta 2. Each game had different stories behind the scenes. Let's not forget, SEGA dropped Bayonetta 2 (likely due to financial reasons) and Nintendo picked it up.

Yes Sega did drop the ball but in the end, the devs want sales and if they cant get them on the Wii-U then they will go else where.
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 lightleggy
[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]

[QUOTE="clyde46"] MS published the first Mass Effect game and look where that ended up.clyde46

Yes Sega did drop the ball but in the end, the devs want sales and if they cant get them on the Wii-U then they will go else where.

Lets all just hope they just dont release it at all.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 nintendoboy16
[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]What happened with Mass Effect 1, doesn't mean it'll happen with Bayonetta 2. Each game had different stories behind the scenes. Let's not forget, SEGA dropped Bayonetta 2 (likely due to financial reasons) and Nintendo picked it up.

lightleggy

Lets all just hope they just dont release it at all.

Why because you hate the game?
VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#98 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

Anyone who wants to play this game already has a PC/360/ps3. Why does it matter?

illmatic8582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 illmatic8582
Member since 2006 • 674 Posts

Crysis 3? No Shooter number 943,243,219,090 on the Wii U??? What will we do????

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 lightleggy
[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]

[QUOTE="clyde46"] MS published the first Mass Effect game and look where that ended up.clyde46

But nintendo own the rights now, sega would have to buy it from them (and nintendo would have to agree)...and seing how bayonetta flopped on 360 and ps3, I doubt sega will risk to port it to 720 and ps4. Epic wanted to bail gears from 360, but they were on a contract with microsoft and microsoft held the publishing rights.