Nintendo's Arrogance is Reaching New Limits

• 136 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#102 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:

Damage control much?

Calling out hypocrisy among SW posters is damage control?

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#104 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

miyamoto give's off that vibe to me is he doesn't like over the top violence, regardless it was a shooter or not. He want's there to be more games that appeal to everyone. I am not Miyamoto but I wouldn't be surprise if he found bayonetta 2 to be tasteless. Though I would like to see his opinion on other genre's as well.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By nintendoboy16

@scottpsfan14 said:

SNES >>>>>>>>>>> Wii U?

What does that have to do with ANYTHING this thread has to offer and what is the freaking point of it?

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#106 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17658 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:

@speak_low: LOL did not read

Is this supposed to be a statement borne of pride?

Christ people, you're on a forum that entails discussion. Every time I read or see a GIF of "LOL didn't read", all it says is "I don't have the intellectual maturity or fortitude to read others opinions I may find disagreeable because I can't handle it". If you don't wish to read or add opposing views, watch TV or hop on Youtube, because these comments are a waste of space and annoying as hell to see. Speak Low's post brought up some good points I'd like to hear arguments against. But I suppose the simple prerequisite of reading is too much to ask these days.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#107 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

@Bigboi500 said:

Christ people, you're on a forum that entails discussion. Every time I read or see a GIF of "LOL didn't read", all it says is "I don't have the intellectual maturity or fortitude to read others opinions I may find disagreeable because I can't handle it". If you don't wish to read or add opposing views, watch TV or hop on Youtube, because these comments are a waste of space and annoying as hell to see. Speak Low's post brought up some good points I'd like to hear arguments against. But I suppose the simple prerequisite of reading is too much to ask these days.

I'm not going to listen to his fanboy rant tripe. I don't owe him anything. He's a fanboy and a hater, plain and simple, so I'm not going to validate his idiocy with dialog. Some people just hate for the sake of hating, and I've read all that from him before. He goes on and on about how he wants Nintendo to be like Sony and/or Microsoft. He spouts off like he knows all about the business, but you can ask plenty of others here--they'll tell you this guy (and the other one) just write broken-record crap that no one cares about.

No one wants to listen to their fanboy bullshit in real life, so they try to burden the rest of us with it.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#108 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:

@MirkoS77 said:

@Bigboi500 said:

I'm not going to listen to his fanboy rant tripe. I don't owe him anything. He's a fanboy and a hater, plain and simple, so I'm not going to validate his idiocy with dialog. Some people just hate for the sake of hating, and I've read all that from him before. He goes on and on about how he wants Nintendo to be like Sony and/or Microsoft. He spouts off like he knows all about the business, but you can ask plenty of others here--they'll tell you this guy (and the other one) just write broken-record crap that no one cares about.

No one wants to listen to their fanboy bullshit in real life, so they try to burden the rest of us with it.

Yep. Just based on his post history, I can't be bothered to read the novels he is writing is this thread. If I read a wall of text, it'll be from somebody respectable and level headed and not the usual sand-in-the-vag crybabies. So if he made some kind of brilliant point (I have my doubts), that's something I'm just going to have to miss out on.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed92e29dd85a
deactivated-5ed92e29dd85a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#109  Edited By deactivated-5ed92e29dd85a
Member since 2013 • 355 Posts

I like to see more variety too, but not in the way it is currently being done; I just have no interest in the type of games they are making now, even if it is not a FPS. Most of what I want is either download only games that hardly anyone cares about with the exception of Mighty No. 9 or a couple of retail games here and there. But I like to see more games like Nintendo, only on a non-Nintendo related console, as I do not want anything to do with Nintendo at this point and they will never go third party.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

@Bigboi500 said:

If people are closed minded fanboys I don't always read it because most of the time there's nothing to get out of it, other than "I'm a closed minded fanboy"

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#111 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

@Gue1: Cry more.

EvanTheGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 EvanTheGamer
Member since 2009 • 1550 Posts

Nintendo won E3, you better listen to what they say kids.

Avatar image for littlestreakier
littlestreakier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By littlestreakier
Member since 2004 • 2950 Posts

Well...all thought I don't agree with him. It's his job to say that to try to make Nintendo look different. All companies go through their arrogance phase, it's gamers responsibility to make them "humble" again. Did with Sony (gamers will get two jobs to pay for a PS3) and MS (DRM policies and pricing). If Nintendo gets out of hand I'm sure gamers will correct them.

Star0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Star0
Member since 2012 • 451 Posts

I don't see anything arrogant in what Miyamoto said.

I'd call that smart business and a foolproof marketing ploy.

Nintendo know their market and target it strictly. They're masters of efficiency and consumer psychology.

Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#115 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts

How is that arrogant? It's just accurate. LOL @ the quote that brings up Fantasia. They didn't show crap from that game. Nintendo giving full attention to non-shooter games while others only mention them and don't show crap about them actually plays right into what Nintendo said.

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

The man did say majority, which is kind of true. At least most of the biggest games were of the shooter/realistic violence variety.

Plus PR is PR.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 MirkoS77

@speak_low said:

@MirkoS77 said:

Thank you, MirkoS77. I totally agree there.

In the original TC quote, Miyamoto had a lot to say about the status of the industry and other competitors, and said even more in the Investor Q&A linked earlier. And then there was even more to chew on with the additional graph info provided (all related to the topic). Plenty to talk about.

But I literally would've been more accepted in this thread if I restricted my contribution to a goofy type of line like "lolwhatever!" or "hahaha uh huh" and left.

They seem to want us to glance, casually joke but don't analyze. Or if you analyze, make sure that Miyamoto and Nintendo Co. somehow emerge on the side of triumph at the end of the thread. Otherwise it's invalid analysis.

Had Yoshida and Phil Spencer made broad comments about Sony/MS having a superior E3 show and followed it with mild criticism (for lack of a better term) of the bulk of Nintendo's games and their creative direction these days, I would expect lots of responses from fans - many of it passionate - and it would be an understandable reaction. And hopefully we'd see more thoughtful evaluation of Yoshida's or Spencer's words rather than personal attacks, swift dismissals and "lolwhatever!"

If this gigantic industry only improves itself through measured thinking and valuable questioning of the status quo from those in charge, I'd like to think a discussion forum here could emulate a part of that constructive, critical process instead of drive-by Youtube comments in every post. I'm not against humor, but it gets mighty boring to see the same posts and "untouchable" figures and subjects.

It does, and any subject about Nintendo seems off limits to any semblance of criticism. Unless it's some divine praising of Nintendo "upholding the values of gaming", "keeping the industry from crashing", "being for the gamers" or some other bullshit line, any criticism is immediately relegated to invalid hater rantings and dismissed as such. I'm sick and tired of Nintendo being viewed as some Almighty untouchable entity of gaming when they are not the only kid on the block anymore, have been outdone in many areas, and when there are very valid grounds for criticism to be laid not only on the business side of things, but on the games side as well.

I am especially sick and tired of so many proclaiming that Nintendo holds some monopoly on what constitutes great game design, but that's another topic entirely.

Despite what some say, I don't find your posts to be fanboy rantings. They make good points and observations. The worst I can say is that they can be a little snide and sarcastic in tone, but I find this entirely understandable, because honestly, I find Nintendo apologists to be some of the worst of all the fanboys to contend with in their manner of discourse. I don't know if this skewed sense of advocacy is bred from some longstanding, misdirected manifestation of nostalgia, but in my view Nintendo is cut slack that Sony and MS could only ever dream of having. I see a huge double standard in the way Nintendo is viewed and treated and it's very frustrating.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#120 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

@speak_low said:

@MirkoS77 said:

Thank you, MirkoS77. I totally agree there.

In the original TC quote, Miyamoto had a lot to say about the status of the industry and other competitors, and said even more in the Investor Q&A linked earlier. And then there was even more to chew on with the additional graph info provided (all related to the topic). Plenty to talk about.

But I literally would've been more accepted in this thread if I restricted my contribution to a goofy type of line like "lolwhatever!" or "hahaha uh huh" and left.

They seem to want us to glance, casually joke but don't analyze. Or if you analyze, make sure that Miyamoto and Nintendo Co. somehow emerge on the side of triumph at the end of the thread. Otherwise it's invalid analysis.

Had Yoshida and Phil Spencer made broad comments about Sony/MS having a superior E3 show and followed it with mild criticism (for lack of a better term) of the bulk of Nintendo's games and their creative direction these days, I would expect lots of responses from fans - many of it passionate - and it would be an understandable reaction. And hopefully we'd see more thoughtful evaluation of Yoshida's or Spencer's words rather than personal attacks, swift dismissals and "lolwhatever!"

If this gigantic industry only improves itself through measured thinking and valuable questioning of the status quo from those in charge, I'd like to think a discussion forum here could emulate a part of that constructive, critical process instead of drive-by Youtube comments in every post. I'm not against humor, but it gets mighty boring to see the same posts and "untouchable" figures and subjects.

It does, and any subject about Nintendo seems off limits to any semblance of criticism. Unless it's some divine praising of Nintendo "upholding the values of gaming", "keeping the industry from crashing", "being for the gamers" or some other bullshit line, any criticism is immediately relegated to invalid hater rantings and dismissed as such. I'm sick and tired of Nintendo being viewed as some Almighty untouchable entity of gaming when they are not the only kid on the block anymore, have been outdone in many areas, and when there are very valid grounds for criticism to be laid not only on the business side of things, but on the games side as well.

I am especially sick and tired of so many proclaiming that Nintendo holds some monopoly on what constitutes great game design, but that's another topic entirely.

Despite what some say, I don't find your posts to be fanboy rantings. They make good points and observations. The worst I can say is that they can be a little snide and sarcastic in tone, but I find this entirely understandable, because honestly, I find Nintendo apologists to be some of the worst of all the fanboys to contend with in their manner of discourse. I don't know if this skewed sense of advocacy is bred from some longstanding, misdirected manifestation of nostalgia, but in my view Nintendo is cut slack that Sony and MS could only ever dream of having. I see a huge double standard in the way Nintendo is viewed and treated and it's very frustrating.

I find your bitterness to be super weird.

helwa1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 helwa1988
Member since 2007 • 2157 Posts

I don't think it is arrogance. Nintendo games looked nothing like sony or microsoft's games. Now it is up to the individual to decide whether that is a good or bad thing but Nintendo is unique.

And the number of games shown doesn't matter. It is the quality of the games shown.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

He's right though.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@DocSanchez said:

So I'll just leave this here. As you can see, it's all about common misconceptions which desperate people cling on to. It's true that as a proportion of the whole, Nintendo showed far less shooters than the other two who were broadly similar. But as usual, the main point has been missed spectacularly in an attempt to make a silly point and "win" E3 with a bunch of platformers featuring decades old characters. I'll compare them with Sony although I couldv'e just as easily chosen Microsoft.

Sony on it's own had 42 games on show. Half of which are shooters. Want to do the maths? That means 21 games they showed were not shooters. Not including ANY 3rd party multiplats others were showing for their system they did not have on show, the things Nintendo doesn't get near. So to recap, 21 not shooters.

Nintendo had 12 games showed. 12, to save their system. Three quarters were not shooters. Or, 9 in total.

So Nintendo showed 9 non-shooters and Sony showed over double the amount, 21. They just had a fuckton more games to show, a lot of which were shooters because like platforming was the last time Nintendo was cutting edge, it happens to be the most popular genre.

Lazy thinking from the usual suspects.

Looks like Nintendo showed 60 games.

http://e3.nintendo.com/games/

I only count Watch Dogs, Bayonetta 2, and Devil's Third as the bloody shooter type that Miyamoto was talking about. That is 5%. Your graphic is hard to take seriously, considering that, and I would sort of like to see the list of games you are including for Sony and Microsoft.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

All i know is I would rather play Captain Toad Treasure Tracker over all those stupid shooting games. That includes Uncharted and Sunset Overdrive.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 MirkoS77

@GreySeal9: OK.

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#126 leandrro
Member since 2007 • 1644 Posts

@PhazonBlazer said:

I don't think he meant that as some kind of arrogant remark. He's just describing what kind of games he and Nintendo are interested in making.

it was just PR, remember when people hadnt yet realised how weak is wii u and they used to claim in one day that all multiplatform games look better on wii u, the very next day they say that graphics dont matter, its PR BS and fanboys buy each contraditory statement

TLHBO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By TLHBO
Member since 2003 • 8360 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:

Sheep are like religious nuts. They believe Nintendo are actually on another plain to the competition. They rehash Mario and Zelda games forever. With a million sequels. That's the future for Nintendo. A million sequels and lackluster hardware.

Sounds more like Microsoft tbh. HALOHALOHALOHALOFORZAFORZAFORZAFORZAFABLEFABLEFABLE and 720p 10-20fps is commonplace in their games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts

WTF happened to this forum? The new design killed the community so much that sheep are actually taking over? NOOOOO nintendo sucks, they have sucked since the N64. The WiiU is a joke. Just reading the responses here make my head hurt, its like a bunch of blind zombies.

RIP GS this place sucks now, Sw has been going down hill for a while but after the redesign it just fell off the cliff.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By nintendoboy16

@Advid-Gamer said:

WTF happened to this forum? The new design killed the community so much that sheep are actually taking over? NOOOOO nintendo sucks, they have sucked since the N64. The WiiU is a joke. Just reading the responses here make my head hurt, its like a bunch of blind zombies.

RIP GS this place sucks now, Sw has been going down hill for a while but after the redesign it just fell off the cliff.

'The sheep are taking over?' I'm sure the cows still have "control" so to speak.

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#130  Edited By Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts

Why are you guys acting like this is the first time someone from Nintendo said this? Pretty much every single time they have some competitive event like E3 where they try to show their games they always have someone who's a part of staff go out and talk about how they have unique games. Its just Nintendo being Nintendo. >.>

Although I don't like that general statement he made about it all being shooters. Others could argue its all Mario and Zelda when its not.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 PurpleMan5000
@shadowchronicle said:

Why are you guys acting like this is the first time someone from Nintendo said this? Pretty much every single time they have some competitive event like E3 where they try to show their games they always have someone who's a part of staff go out and talk about how they have unique games. Its just Nintendo being Nintendo. >.>

Although I don't like that general statement he made about it all being shooters. Others could argue its all Mario and Zelda when its not.

He should have said they are all games where you run around killing people instead.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

@GreySeal9 said:

I find your bitterness to be super weird.

Welcome to SW lol.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

@PurpleMan5000 said:
@shadowchronicle said:

He should have said they are all games where you run around killing people instead.

There are plenty of other games though, or are you saying there isn't? *gets list ready*

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 PurpleMan5000

@Heil68 said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:
@shadowchronicle said:

There are plenty of other games though, or are you saying there isn't? *gets list ready*

No, but he would have been correct when he used the word "majority". I don't think he is correct when he applies that to shooters only.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

Bloody shooters is the wrong word but I get the argument. E3 these days is about appealing to the 16-30 year old male demographic who is big into action, sports, violence. There were more racers than usual though. It's laughable that people are pointing to LBP3 or No man's sky as proof of anything.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#137  Edited By YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

They've been much worse in the past. Saying that they're reaching new limits is an exaggeration.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

@DocSanchez said:

So I'll just leave this here. As you can see, it's all about common misconceptions which desperate people cling on to. It's true that as a proportion of the whole, Nintendo showed far less shooters than the other two who were broadly similar. But as usual, the main point has been missed spectacularly in an attempt to make a silly point and "win" E3 with a bunch of platformers featuring decades old characters. I'll compare them with Sony although I couldv'e just as easily chosen Microsoft.

Sony on it's own had 42 games on show. Half of which are shooters. Want to do the maths? That means 21 games they showed were not shooters. Not including ANY 3rd party multiplats others were showing for their system they did not have on show, the things Nintendo doesn't get near. So to recap, 21 not shooters.

Nintendo had 12 games showed. 12, to save their system. Three quarters were not shooters. Or, 9 in total.

So Nintendo showed 9 non-shooters and Sony showed over double the amount, 21. They just had a fuckton more games to show, a lot of which were shooters because like platforming was the last time Nintendo was cutting edge, it happens to be the most popular genre.

Sheep always seem to miss what is important. Nintendo has brain washed these guys to the point they miss the obvious. They even make excuses for nintendo. I have seen people saying nintendo won the e3 but who really cares when they are getting crushed by sony and ms??

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 PurpleMan5000

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@DocSanchez said:

Sheep always seem to miss what is important. Nintendo has brain washed these guys to the point they miss the obvious. They even make excuses for nintendo. I have seen people saying nintendo won the e3 but who really cares when they are getting crushed by sony and ms??

As I pointed out earlier, Nintendo showed 60 games at E3. I don't know where he got 12. Maybe that is what they showed in their "Not-a-Direct" Nintendo Direct that they kicked things off with, but they continued to show games throughout E3.