Reviews: 219

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19544 Posts

@scatteh316 said:
@Jag85 said:
@quadknight said:
@techhog89 said:

I'm not the one who made the other claim, but you're also making claims without proof anyway. There's a pretty good chance that Switch will sell more than PS4 this year worldwide, but you'll move goalposts to LTD the second that happens anyway.

I won't move any goal post if the Switch outsells PS4 worldwide this year. Wanna know why? Because it doesn't matter, PS4 has already won the gen and is too far ahead for the Switch to catch up with. Anyways, it's not gonna happen. Switch doesn't have enough games releasing this year to sell more then PS4. There's a small chance if they release the right Pokemon game but that chance is remote.

PS4 is releasing God of War 4, Detroit, Spiderman, etc. on top of RDR 2 marketing campaign and a permanent price drop to $199. This year is gonna be their biggest year yet even bigger than last year that they sold over 20 million worldwide. Unless a miracle happens, there's no way Switch is outselling them worldwide this year. Not even Pokemon can go head to head with a $199 RDR2 PS4 bundle this holiday.

Switch is likely to outsell PS4 this year. In a typical console life cycle, a console's sales progressively increase during its first several years, before progressively declining in annual sales. The PS4 likely hit its peak last year, and 2018 could be the year it begins its progressive decline phase. Whereas the Switch is still in its early phase, so its sales will likely keep rising.

Whatever the PS4 has to offer this year, the Switch has more than enough to answer for it. Pokemon is the biggest entertainment media franchise in the world. If Nintendo comes out with a proper Pokemon Switch game, Sony won't have an answer for it. In addition, the Labo is generating considerable mainstream interest from casuals. Then there is Nintendo's partnership with Tencent which could potentially open the way for Switch cracking China in a way the PS4 couldn't. The odds are looking increasingly in the Switch's favour this year.

It's confirmed 2018 exclusive games schedule says otherwise.....

Switch has at least three potential killer apps this year:

• Pokemon Switch - The first proper console game of the world's highest-grossing entertainment media franchise.
  • Nintendo Labo - Has the potential to replicate some of the Wii's success among casuals.
  • Arena of Valor - Currently the world's highest-grossing game, and China's biggest game, potentially a killer app in China.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#153  Edited By scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

So this thread was made on the same day as this one and yet is still only on 1 page....... Why you ask????

Because it shows PS4 beating Switch in Japan and of course, salty sheep avoid threads that don't suck off Switch...

Every single Sheep posting in here and who has avoided this thread is OWNED and nothing but a selective fan boy....

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/media-create-jp-0212-1818-bayonetta-gets-a-stone-a-33425399/#42

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 scatteh316

@Jag85 said:
@scatteh316 said:
@Jag85 said:
@quadknight said:
@techhog89 said:

I'm not the one who made the other claim, but you're also making claims without proof anyway. There's a pretty good chance that Switch will sell more than PS4 this year worldwide, but you'll move goalposts to LTD the second that happens anyway.

I won't move any goal post if the Switch outsells PS4 worldwide this year. Wanna know why? Because it doesn't matter, PS4 has already won the gen and is too far ahead for the Switch to catch up with. Anyways, it's not gonna happen. Switch doesn't have enough games releasing this year to sell more then PS4. There's a small chance if they release the right Pokemon game but that chance is remote.

PS4 is releasing God of War 4, Detroit, Spiderman, etc. on top of RDR 2 marketing campaign and a permanent price drop to $199. This year is gonna be their biggest year yet even bigger than last year that they sold over 20 million worldwide. Unless a miracle happens, there's no way Switch is outselling them worldwide this year. Not even Pokemon can go head to head with a $199 RDR2 PS4 bundle this holiday.

Switch is likely to outsell PS4 this year. In a typical console life cycle, a console's sales progressively increase during its first several years, before progressively declining in annual sales. The PS4 likely hit its peak last year, and 2018 could be the year it begins its progressive decline phase. Whereas the Switch is still in its early phase, so its sales will likely keep rising.

Whatever the PS4 has to offer this year, the Switch has more than enough to answer for it. Pokemon is the biggest entertainment media franchise in the world. If Nintendo comes out with a proper Pokemon Switch game, Sony won't have an answer for it. In addition, the Labo is generating considerable mainstream interest from casuals. Then there is Nintendo's partnership with Tencent which could potentially open the way for Switch cracking China in a way the PS4 couldn't. The odds are looking increasingly in the Switch's favour this year.

It's confirmed 2018 exclusive games schedule says otherwise.....

Switch has at least three potential killer apps this year:

• Pokemon Switch - The first proper console game of the world's highest-grossing entertainment media franchise.
  • Nintendo Labo - Has the potential to replicate some of the Wii's success among casuals.
  • Arena of Valor - Currently the world's highest-grossing game, and China's biggest game, potentially a killer app in China.

Pokemon - No release date

Labo - LOL?

Arena of Valor - No release date

So you've pretty much confirmed that at this moment in time Switch has nothing this year........ PS4 on the other hand has several AAA/AAAAE games coming out...

Kjtc1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#155  Edited By Kjtc1979
Member since 2017 • 365 Posts

@scatteh316 said:

So this thread was made on the same day as this one and yet is still only on 1 page....... Why you ask????

Because it shows PS4 beating Switch in Japan and of course, salty sheep avoid threads that don't suck off Switch...

Every single Sheep posting in here and who has avoided this thread is OWNED and nothing but a selective fan boy....

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/media-create-jp-0212-1818-bayonetta-gets-a-stone-a-33425399/#42

I will never tire of the most ridiculous fanboy on this site calling people fanboys.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By scatteh316

@kjtc1979 said:
@scatteh316 said:

I will never tire of the most ridiculous fanboy on this site calling people fanboys.

Good for you...

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts

@scatteh316 said:

The media create threads never get much attention. Besides, the US is a bigger, more important market and only gets one thread per month, while Japan gets one per week.

Anyway, I'll remember this post when PS4 falls behind Switch in Japan again, which will happen very soon.

@kjtc1979 said:
@scatteh316 said:

Same.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 scatteh316

@techhog89 said:
@scatteh316 said:

The media create threads never get much attention. Besides, the US is a bigger, more important market and only gets one thread per month, while Japan gets one per week.

Anyway, I'll remember this post when PS4 falls behind Switch in Japan again, which will happen very soon.

You are more then welcome too.......And the biggest and most important market (Europe) barely ever gets a thread....

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 Techhog89

@scatteh316 said:
@techhog89 said:
@scatteh316 said:

You are more then welcome too.......And the biggest and most important market (Europe) barely ever gets a thread....

Europe is more than one market, and it's mixed and almost none of the countries actually release hardware rankings. I know why you want Europe to get more attention, though; it being "the biggest and most important" just happens to only be true for Sony.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 scatteh316

@techhog89 said:
@scatteh316 said:
@techhog89 said:
@scatteh316 said:

Europe is more than one market, and it's mixed and almost none of the countries actually release hardware rankings. I know why you want Europe to get more attention, though; it being "the biggest and most important" just happens to only be true for Sony.

Only because Sony are dominating there...... If any one else was ruling Europe it would be the same for them.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 Techhog89

@scatteh316 said:
@techhog89 said:
@scatteh316 said:
@techhog89 said:
@scatteh316 said:

Only because Sony are dominating there...... If any one else was ruling Europe it would be the same for them.

Other than the UK though, you'd be surprised how close Switch actually was last year. (And of course Switch is dominating France.) It's really price that's holding Switch back in Europe.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10614 Posts

@techhog89:

You're totally missing my point.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 scatteh316

@techhog89 said:
@scatteh316 said:
@techhog89 said:
@scatteh316 said:
@techhog89 said:

Other than the UK though, you'd be surprised how close Switch actually was last year. (And of course Switch is dominating France.) It's really price that's holding Switch back in Europe.

As PS4 was is in 4th year at that point I would expect Switch to be right up its rear end.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 Techhog89

@scatteh316 said:
@techhog89 said:
@scatteh316 said:
@techhog89 said:
@scatteh316 said:

As PS4 was is in 4th year at that point I would expect Switch to be right up its rear end.

You people keep using the logic, but it's always wrong. Successful consoles peak later in life, not in year one. 2017 was PS4's best year so far in terms of sales. Now, feel free to make up an excuse for why the age argument somehow matters so I can ignore it the way that you ignore actual facts.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 scatteh316

@techhog89 said:
@scatteh316 said:
@techhog89 said:
@scatteh316 said:
@techhog89 said:

You people keep using the logic, but it's always wrong. Successful consoles peak later in life, not in year one. 2017 was PS4's best year so far in terms of sales. Now, feel free to make up an excuse for why the age argument somehow matters so I can ignore it the way that you ignore actual facts.

Consoles peak and then tail off.........

There's no facts to ignore.... PS4 is the leader, PS4 has biggest games pipe line, the biggest developer support and backed by the largest gaming division in the industry and is on track to become the fastest selling console to ever reach the 100 million sold mark.

PS4 has proven it can remain consistent and that it can consistently churn out AAA/AAAA games...... Switch has yet to prove that... and that is fact.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Techhog89

@scatteh316 said:
@techhog89 said:
@scatteh316 said:
@techhog89 said:
@scatteh316 said:

Consoles peak and then tail off.........

There's no facts to ignore.... PS4 is the leader, PS4 has biggest games pipe line, the biggest developer support and backed by the largest gaming division in the industry and is on track to become the fastest selling console to ever reach the 100 million sold mark.

PS4 has proven it can remain consistent and that it can consistently churn out AAA/AAAA games...... Switch has yet to prove that... and that is fact.

You're right, it's not proven. You're acting like it's already proven that Switch is dying though.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

@techhog89: at this rate I think Xbox will be the first one to die off out of the three.