Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

@GameboyTroy said:
@speedytimsi said:

They didn't show Sakuna: Of Rice And Ruin but showed it in the Japanese Direct mini

Loading Video...

The Japanese Direct also showed this game if you're interested in it.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkH3CcMfqww9RsZvPRPkAJA

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/07/atelier-ryza-2-lost-legends-the-secret-fairy-announced-for-ps4-switch-and-pc

Loading Video...

Sweet. Instant buy for me. Didn’t really know about these games before Ryza but I do love crafting stuff so I hope the game comes out soon.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23981 Posts

SMT5 Baby :D

I am satisfied.

Also Ryza 2.

And Nocturne >>>>>>>>>>>>> Persona

Edit: The reason this direct has so many dislikes is because it is massively watered down from the Japanese one.

Also, the less Persona content the better. I am still salty that Joker is in Smash.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44251 Posts

They're not known worldwide as, Nintendont, for nuttin ya know? :P

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45415 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

They're not known worldwide as, Nintendont, for nuttin ya know? :P

OHhh Snap!! @KBFloYd what do you have to say to that?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44251 Posts

@SolidGame_basic:

Easy, I'll answer for'em...

Silly, silly sheep gonna sheep. lolololololol :P

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#56 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41575 Posts

@outworld222 said:

@nintendoboy16: it’s not. It’s a matter of opinion. Some people think the 3DS has a stronger library than the Switch you know.

So, anecdotal evidence then? Because otherwise, Switch has been Nintendo's best in third party support for years. A lot of ports? Sure, but it's still something to play. I'm not going to complain about it too much, or I'd look like a hypocrite.

@Gatygun said:

Exactly my feeling, seems like after zelda and oddyssey they basically just went the usual route of remasters and your typical jank.

I wasn't aware ARMS and Splatoon were long running Nintendo IP's...

@DocSanchez said:

I can understand during this time output being affected by the virus (although in this industry at least a lot of work can be done remotely, but not all) but Nintendo's consoles have a long history of suffering large droughts towards the middle and end of the console life so this is not exactly unprecedented.

Then the fans, defensive because this gets pointed out in places like here just to tease, start listing highly average or minor games like Sakuna: Of Rice And Ruin and Wonderful 101 as evidence that the drought is not real even though on a system with anything else to look forward to these games wouldn't just be under the radar, they would be positively anonymous.

Because I've seen a lot of Switch owners defend that terrible port. Besides that, I'm pretty sure the defense for the Switch library is basically what I said to outworld, the best third party support Nintendo has had in years.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#57 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

@nintendoboy16: I was referring to the original W101. It had way more prominence than if it had been released on a library that wasn't crying out for games at the time. For a good while there have been these droughts on Nintendo. Switch has been better, but honestly, you are paying full price in some instances for old games that you can get for next to nothing on steam and much better quality. For example, Witcher 3. Good to have it, but why buy it on switch for that price when you can wait for a steam sale and buy it for less than a tenner?

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:
@outworld222 said:

@nintendoboy16: it’s not. It’s a matter of opinion. Some people think the 3DS has a stronger library than the Switch you know.

So, anecdotal evidence then? Because otherwise, Switch has been Nintendo's best in third party support for years. A lot of ports? Sure, but it's still something to play. I'm not going to complain about it too much, or I'd look like a hypocrite.

@Gatygun said:

Exactly my feeling, seems like after zelda and oddyssey they basically just went the usual route of remasters and your typical jank.

I wasn't aware ARMS and Splatoon were long running Nintendo IP's...

@DocSanchez said:

I can understand during this time output being affected by the virus (although in this industry at least a lot of work can be done remotely, but not all) but Nintendo's consoles have a long history of suffering large droughts towards the middle and end of the console life so this is not exactly unprecedented.

Then the fans, defensive because this gets pointed out in places like here just to tease, start listing highly average or minor games like Sakuna: Of Rice And Ruin and Wonderful 101 as evidence that the drought is not real even though on a system with anything else to look forward to these games wouldn't just be under the radar, they would be positively anonymous.

Because I've seen a lot of Switch owners defend that terrible port. Besides that, I'm pretty sure the defense for the Switch library is basically what I said to outworld, the best third party support Nintendo has had in years.

Imagine calling those games anything but shovelware.

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#59 Phlop_Spencer
Member since 2020 • 1476 Posts

So Nintendo switch still only has 2-3 good games for it? LOL guess everyone will wait for their next system to get new games. Lolololol

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22413 Posts

Yeah it was pretty bad... they shouldn't have called it a Direct.

They obviously have stuff coming for the rest of the year, because they have already said that their 2020 games are still on schedule. So you'd assume it's only a matter of time until they announce it (hopefully the Mario rumours are true).

I reckon they'll just drop the trailers one day randomly, like with Paper Mario.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#61  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59291 Posts

@DocSanchez said:

@nintendoboy16: I was referring to the original W101. It had way more prominence than if it had been released on a library that wasn't crying out for games at the time. For a good while there have been these droughts on Nintendo. Switch has been better, but honestly, you are paying full price in some instances for old games that you can get for next to nothing on steam and much better quality. For example, Witcher 3. Good to have it, but why buy it on switch for that price when you can wait for a steam sale and buy it for less than a tenner?

Brand loyalty is like an eclipse to common sense. Nintendo happily exploit that and like an abused spouse, their fanbase keeps coming returning.

Coming as a PC gamer who had very little interest in Nintendo prior to the Switch, the Eshop in particular was positively shocking.

It was in no uncertain terms a scam job in plain site with no attempt to hide it. Exorbitant pricing.

But hey guys, Zelda. Mario.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 nintendoboy16

@Gatygun: Calling well received games like Arms and Splatoon "shovelware". Lol

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#63 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44486 Posts

People acting like the Switch only has a couple of good games on it are out of their god damn minds. GTFOH 🤣🤣🤣

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39691 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

@Gatygun: Calling well received games like Arms and Splatoon "shovelware". Lol

I'd agree with him, it is shovelware. As always, it gets more attention on the Nintendo systems because barely anything is on said system. If these games came out on ps4, a system full of quality titles, nobody would've noticed these two games even coming out.

There's a reason nobody ever talk about Arms, and Splatoon is only mentioned by Nintendo themselves. Its like this crappy game i've never even heard about prior to the mini direct, Rogue Company. This mediocrity looks so bad, but Nintendo spends this long talking about it during their very short N Direct. This company hypes garbage. Here, i said it.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 nintendoboy16

@hardwenzen: Because Sony NEVER hyped trash (TLOU 2 if you skip critic scores and worship review bombs). Microsoft as well, they never did it (Crackdown 3).

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8466 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@DocSanchez said:

Brand loyalty is like an eclipse to common sense. Nintendo happily exploit that and like an abused spouse, their fanbase keeps coming returning.

Coming as a PC gamer who had very little interest in Nintendo prior to the Switch, the Eshop in particular was positively shocking.

It was in no uncertain terms a scam job in plain site with no attempt to hide it. Exorbitant pricing.

But hey guys, Zelda. Mario.

Brand loyalty happens with virtually every console manufacturer.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 hardwenzen

@nintendoboy16 said:

@hardwenzen: Because Sony NEVER hyped trash (TLOU 2 if you skip critic scores and worship review bombs). Microsoft as well, they never did it (Crackdown 3).

TLOU2 was hyped, very well creceived by critics and is a stellar game at the end. Don't compare TLOU2 to some crappy Arms nobody played nor cared about. Crackdown 3 sure was hyped by MS. But at the end, the game was very poorly received by everyone. Arms and Splatoon aren't as bad as Crackdown 3, but they don't deserve any attention either, they're both average at best and Splatoon has only gotten this much attention because Switch has no shooters. This happens every generation since the Wii. Remember The Conduit? Generic trash gets some traction because said system has no games of that particular genre.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 nintendoboy16

@hardwenzen: Dude, TLOU 2 got reception not unlike Rian Johnson movies like Last Jedi and Knives Out.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 hardwenzen

@nintendoboy16 said:

@hardwenzen: Dude, TLOU 2 got reception not unlike Rian Johnson movies like Last Jedi and Knives Out.

No idea who this Rian Johnson is, nor did i see Last Jedi and Knives Out. But i can assure you that a humongus percentage of people hating on TLOU2 is because of Joels death I've seen people stop playing the game that they were enjoying a ton prior to it happening. Others just set it on Easy and rushed through the story bashing it the whole time just because of what happened at the beginning. I have never seen this bullshit in any game before. And you know what? This game showed me how many manchild the gaming community has.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#70 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59291 Posts

@jaydan: This is true, however Nintendo tends to be more fanatical in nature.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8466 Posts

@uninspiredcup: Yes and no. Fanatical bitches reside on all sides of the spectrum.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

Nope. SMT news is godly. SMT is godly.