SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45248 Posts

Came out of no where and it was advertised as a Direct Mini "Partner Showcase".

Even the fans weren't happy. What's going on, Nintendo? And where is my Bayonetta 3 news. This seems like the worst Nintendo Direct they've had. Do you agree, SW?

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

I'm just gonna playing WoW classic on PC. I haven't turned on my switch lite in fuggin months dude. The thing is dusty as hell maybe ill play some DKC on the snes app but thats about it I mean.

Systems a disaster no games crap like animal cross kiddie games like orgami king im done with the system breath of the wild 2 that mightr be bring back to the system but thats a long ways away.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39213 Posts

Please shut up and buy our 10 years old remasters running in 720p for $50-60.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@ProtossRushX: You try too hard.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7314 Posts

I say the SMTV trailer keeps this from being the worst thing ever. And they did call it a mini.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6  Edited By IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4197 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Loading Video...

Even the fans weren't happy. What's going on, Nintendo? And where is my Bayonetta 3 news. This seems like the worst Nintendo Direct they've had. Do you agree, SW?

Word from people working at Nintendo is that their method of developing games did not translate well to remote working in absolutely any capacity, and almost every game they're working on has been delayed indefinitely.

Now, this is all hearsay, but I live in Nintendo country, Washington, and while I wouldn't necessarily call the people saying these things, "sources," I *do* live in one of the central hubs of the video game industry and am inclined to believe that there's at least some truth to what I've been hearing.

To play devil's advocate, people sharing stories often exaggerate for the sake of keeping their listener invested, so take all this with a huge grain of salt.

But... it's very likely gonna be a rough year for Nintendo fans. If you have a Switch... hope you're not getting bored of Animal Crossing.

EDIT: One potential source of optimism, however, is that Nintendo often finishes games long before their release dates, so while it's not likely, it's possible, that Nintendo is sitting on a few finished titles and could release a few things this year. But, like, don't count on it...

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

@ProtossRushX: Which WoW server? Do you twink at all?

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

@Sevenizz said:

@ProtossRushX: Which WoW server? Do you twink at all?

im on Faerlina I don't think Twink got a 60 warr and 37 shammie im leveling up

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19583 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO: There are still a few big titles set to release this year, such as No More Heroes 3 and Bravely Default 2. But sure, I do think Nintendo is likely to surprise us with at least one more first party release, like the surprise release of Paper Mario.

Back to this Nintendo Direct - it confirmed a 2021 release for Shin Megami Tensei 5 (and an SMT3 remaster). That makes it a good presentation, regardless of what else they announced.

speedytimsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 speedytimsi
Member since 2003 • 1415 Posts

They didn't show Sakuna: Of Rice And Ruin but showed it in the Japanese Direct mini

Loading Video...

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By outworld222  Online
Member since 2004 • 4237 Posts

I think the lack of games is due to the COVID situation. I’m not trying to excuse away anything..... I’m just saying what I think is happening.

BTW 3DS is better than Switch.

NfamousLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 NfamousLegend
Member since 2016 • 1003 Posts

Nintendo has long since been in their glory days. Haven't tuned my Switch on since BOTW. Are their development teams too small? Where are interesting new IPs?

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 outworld222  Online

@nfamouslegend: you know TBQH, I sense apathy from Nintendo’s part. Am I wrong??

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44304 Posts

@ProtossRushX: Yet you still haven’t changed your sig. 🤣🤣🤣

Anyway I didn’t think it was THAT bad but yeah it wasn’t really good either. I’m hyped for Shin Megami Tensai V and looking forward to SMTIII remaster. New Cadence of Hyrule dlc looks pretty good. Still though Nintendo must realize that people are starving for some big info now and they need to start dropping some ASAP.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By outworld222  Online

Where are the great third party games??? I personally don’t care about SMT I just enjoyed SMT Strange journey and even then that was a drag sometimes. Where’s Metroid Prime or an original 2D Metroid?? Where are the creative new IPs?? Where are the creative FPS games like Perfect Dark??

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#17 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

Im not sure what you expected from a 10 minute Mini Direct.

On the other hand though we've had no announcements of anything for the entire rest of the year. Come on Nintendo, other companies are able to put together videos during the pandemic, you can too.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By outworld222  Online

@svaubel: As a Nintendo fan, I’m just lost man. And confused. They could just brainstorm some ideas and say: hey, here are some games that we’d like to work on. We’ll release it late 2021 or in 2022, just give us some time and we’ll see what we can do. That would create some positive vibes.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6059 Posts

SMT news made it worth it for me. I was just starting Nocturne on PS3 but now I don’t have to. Nice!

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

@judaspete said:

I say the SMTV trailer keeps this from being the worst thing ever. And they did call it a mini.

Pretty much. I've been waiting patiently for this game since it was announced years ago.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO: Just give me Breath of the Wild 2 this year, and I can live with a drought. Unless they want to give me Metroid Prime 4 as well.....

A guy can dream.

To the TC. The direct was fine. Were people thinking that there was going to be a slew of first party titles and a bunch of surprises? I wouldn't lose any sleep over this.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#22 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5268 Posts

Too much gamer entitlement as if Nintendo is the government, not a private corporation.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8437 Posts

This Mini 3rd-party direct would not have been so bad if 2020 as a whole was not so bleak for Nintendo.

Unfortunately Covid-19 has had an impact on Nintendo's infrastructure and how they run things.

Morally I can understand and feel bad over their predicament, but as a consumer it's disappointing to not fully know what their plans are or how they're going to adapt to everything.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 IMAHAPYHIPPO

@nfamouslegend said:

Nintendo has long since been in their glory days. Haven't tuned my Switch on since BOTW. Are their development teams too small? Where are interesting new IPs?

Fair question. When it comes to new IP, Nintendo's standard operating procedure is that if someone comes up with a new idea, they first try to make it work in an existing IP with an already established market appeal before creating an entirely new IP.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 IMAHAPYHIPPO
@sonic_spark said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO: Just give me Breath of the Wild 2 this year, and I can live with a drought. Unless they want to give me Metroid Prime 4 as well.....

A guy can dream.

To the TC. The direct was fine. Were people thinking that there was going to be a slew of first party titles and a bunch of surprises? I wouldn't lose any sleep over this.

I would personally be shocked if either of those games came out this year. Zelda was probably being targeted for holiday 2021 (which means it'll be delayed twice and launch 2023), but that all depends on much they're able to/planning to regurgitate existing elements from BOTW. Metroid was completely rebooted a year or two ago at a different studio. It's gonna be a bit on that one.

There was a lot of noise surfacing about a year of Mario ports and remasters. I'm surprised we haven't heard more about that. Depending on how much legwork they're doing to update those games to modern standards, porting games isn't all that difficult compared to building something from the ground up.

But I agree, if Metroid or Zelda were to somehow come out this year, I'd be over the moon.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO: I would love either of those this year as well, but im ok with nintendo taking all the time they need to make them amazing.

If they simply made BOTW2 the same game, but with 8 real dungeons and maybe a few less shrines, I'm already sold.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

@nfamouslegend said:

Exactly my feeling, seems like after zelda and oddyssey they basically just went the usual route of remasters and your typical jank.

Always the same story with them. 1-3 good games after that wait for there next console/handheld to get something new again.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Loading Video...

You were expecting Bayonetta 3, a first-party game, to appear in a third-party Nintendo Direct?

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 IMAHAPYHIPPO

@appariti0n: Same. I definitely missed the dungeons. The one thing that I think kept them from going all in on the traditional long-form dungeons of past Zelda games was their "play however you want" philosophy. Breath of the Wild was very much built as a game that empowered Zelda fans to explore as much or as a little of the specific elements of Zelda that they wanted.

If your favorite part of Zelda was the puzzle elements, you could specifically run around the world and try to find shrines, and no matter where you were, you'd be able to find them without wandering too far. If you loved the combat, there were always enemies somewhere in your vicinity. In breaking all of those things down into smaller encounters, it ensured that nobody would ever get stuck playing a part of the Zelda experience that they didn't want to for too long. So, if you hate the combat, combat will really only inconvenience you for a minute or two and then you can move on to something else, where previous entries would have you playing long sequences, and if that was a part of Zelda you weren't a fan of, you were just stuck doing it until it was over.

These macro-level encounters of all kinds really allowed players to do as little or as much of any particular task that they wanted to do without any real penalty. Working true Zelda dungeons in with traditional boss fights specific to that dungeon I think would have gone against their design decisions for that game.

But in setting out to accomplish that, if they've found a way to work elements like that back into the experience in ways where it doesn't punish the players who want to avoid them, I am 100% on board to see traditional Zelda dungeons back in the game. I wonder if maybe that's what that cave Link and Zelda are exploring in the original trailer represents.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#30 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15946 Posts

I like the direct I mean Nocturne on PS4 woth trophy support? **** YES!

Don't care about the rest of the show including SMTV. They will delay the game as usual.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#31 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41561 Posts

I wasn't expecting much, so I'm not disappointed. They explicitly said they would focus on third party content.

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 IvanGrozny
Member since 2015 • 1847 Posts

Nintendo can get away with any bullcrap. The fanbase is too loyal and fanatical.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19583 Posts

@ivangrozny said:

Nintendo can get away with any bullcrap. The fanbase is too loyal and fanatical.

...except that people are downvoting it and making threads about it. Which is a bit crazy, since it was just a mini Direct focused on a few 3rd party titles.

Nintendo didn't hype it up as a huge Direct, so I don't know why people had super high expectations for it.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 nintendoboy16

@Planeforger said:
@ivangrozny said:

...except that people are downvoting it and making threads about it. Which is a bit crazy, since it was just a mini Direct focused on a few 3rd party titles.

Nintendo didn't hype it up as a huge Direct, so I don't know why people had super high expectations for it.

The typical "Nintendo gets away with everything" conspiracy theory.

@outworld222 said:

BTW 3DS is better than Switch.

3DS was a step down from the DS.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 outworld222  Online

@nintendoboy16: yes but it’s backwards compatible to the ds. It’s like one console. That’s what I meant.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 nintendoboy16

@outworld222 said:

@nintendoboy16: yes but it’s backwards compatible to the ds. It’s like one console. That’s what I meant.

And? For new experiences, it's library was lower than the DS. BC is great, but it isn't a savior, just look at Wii U and XBONE.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By outworld222  Online

@nintendoboy16: what is your point right now?? I know what you’ve said better then you.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By jaydan

@nintendoboy16 said:

I wasn't expecting much, so I'm not disappointed. They explicitly said they would focus on third party content.

It was whatever. The bigger problem right now is how bleak the rest of the year looks for Nintendo 1st-party. I'm gonna lean on maybe the "big one" is yet to come. If Smash Bros. has any insight, they usually reveal the next fighter at their major directs and we didn't get a fighter reveal this time. I think the next fighter reveal for Smash is imminent either this month or next month, so my guess we'll have a bigger presentation soon.

What's disappointing about this Mini Direct is it wasn't longer. I would have liked to see more information on No More Heroes 3 and its release date. And whatever happened with Persona 5 Scramble? Isn't it supposed to come out in the west?

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By outworld222  Online

@jaydan: they just released a statement today

https://mynintendonews.com/2020/07/21/nintendo-explained-a-little-more-about-the-pandemics-potential-impact-on-their-development-schedules/

Saying how COVID has been impacting their business. Apparently they’re saying that they’re being impacted somewhat.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 jaydan

@outworld222: Yes I'm already aware of this and Nintendo has been pretty upfront about it; they have the disclaimers at the beginning of the last couple Mini Direct's, as well.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18042 Posts

@ivangrozny said:

Again with this?

I hope you realize there's people like that for all major brands, singling out Nintendo makes zero sense.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 nintendoboy16

@outworld222 said:

@nintendoboy16: what is your point right now?? I know what you’ve said better then you.

Just saying, it's a bold statement to say something as defeated as the 3DS is better than the Switch, when it turns out to be one of Nintendo's weaker outings in the handheld business.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 outworld222  Online

@jaydan: oh I didn’t know that. I’m honestly over this Virus. I’m ready to move on. But I know it’s not going anywhere.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 outworld222  Online

@nintendoboy16: it’s not. It’s a matter of opinion. Some people think the 3DS has a stronger library than the Switch you know.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#46 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9732 Posts

@speedytimsi said:

They didn't show Sakuna: Of Rice And Ruin but showed it in the Japanese Direct mini

Loading Video...

The Japanese Direct also showed this game if you're interested in it.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkH3CcMfqww9RsZvPRPkAJA

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/07/atelier-ryza-2-lost-legends-the-secret-fairy-announced-for-ps4-switch-and-pc

Loading Video...

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#47 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34670 Posts
@judaspete said:

Yup. TC's an idiot.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46444 Posts

Nintendo droughts

Been there, done that.

So I guess Nintendo has nothing to show for the rest of the year?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46444 Posts
@nintendoboy16 said:

I wasn't expecting much, so I'm not disappointed.

Exactly my stance when it comes to Nintendo these days.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

I can understand during this time output being affected by the virus (although in this industry at least a lot of work can be done remotely, but not all) but Nintendo's consoles have a long history of suffering large droughts towards the middle and end of the console life so this is not exactly unprecedented.

Then the fans, defensive because this gets pointed out in places like here just to tease, start listing highly average or minor games like Sakuna: Of Rice And Ruin and Wonderful 101 as evidence that the drought is not real even though on a system with anything else to look forward to these games wouldn't just be under the radar, they would be positively anonymous.