Nintendo is the only console maker I can even hate

  • 60 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for saltslasher
#1 Posted by SaltSlasher (999 posts) -

I never even hated Sega as a little Nintendo nerd. Today, I just can't hate PS4 or Xbox, no matter how hard I tried in last 20 years, I always end up with both each gen. While Nintendo is hit or miss, mostly miss.

After Crackdown I didn't want to use my X, if I never paid for Gold/Game Pass, I wouldn't have gone back to play Super Bomberman, Adventure Time and some more Mortal Kombat. But that is the beauty, I don't want to spend money on Xbox, I rather buy great PS4 games. I don't mind playing dumb games but god I'd never buy them.

Of course I signed up for Origin Access, and gonna re-get PS Now once on sale, and combined with Humble Monthly and PS+, I'll have all the dumb little games I can handle and so not renewing Gold, and might not even need Game Pass, even if on Win10 store. I rather be playing actual good dumb games like Unravel 2, Until Dawn, Hollow Knight, etc.

Leaving Nintendo was as easy as leaving WWE. Anytime I enjoy them, they piss the ever living hell out of me for the dumbest shit. They are naturally aggravating to me, and feel I'm incapable of casually enjoying them. Hence haven't watch WWE in a year and sold Switch like a year ago, but maybe in a year Xbox can tag Switch.

Avatar image for subspecies
#2 Posted by Subspecies (294 posts) -

Nintendo's really good. They've got issues, but they put out good games. And Sony is great in the game/hardware department.

MS? Well, MS sucks. That's pretty obvious at this point. They put out systems that lose heavily to the competition, and almost all of their "exclusives" flop critically and commercially. Nothing more to discuss at this point.

Avatar image for Sgt_Crow
#3 Edited by Sgt_Crow (6062 posts) -

Is this an essay you had to do at primary school?

Avatar image for vaidream45
#4 Posted by Vaidream45 (1846 posts) -

You lost my respect when you said you signed up for Origin access yet crap all over Nintendo?? You’re membership to the devil makes you a part of the peoblem in gaming today.

Avatar image for phbz
#5 Posted by phbz (4312 posts) -

I just like to play games and the Switch definitely has games to offer.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
#6 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (13569 posts) -

Cool story bro.

Avatar image for sovkhan
#7 Posted by sovkhan (1260 posts) -

Hate is too strong a'feeling to waste on console makers or on anyone!!!

Avatar image for true_link
#8 Edited by True_Link (243 posts) -

Don't buy Nintendo stuff then, you're not forced to do it.

Avatar image for i_p_daily
#9 Posted by I_P_Daily (11390 posts) -

@saltslasher said:

I never even hated Sega as a little Nintendo nerd. Today, I just can't hate PS4 or Xbox, no matter how hard I tried in last 20 years, I always end up with both each gen. While Nintendo is hit or miss, mostly miss.

After Crackdown I didn't want to use my X, if I never paid for Gold/Game Pass, I wouldn't have gone back to play Super Bomberman, Adventure Time and some more Mortal Kombat. But that is the beauty, I don't want to spend money on Xbox, I rather buy great PS4 games. I don't mind playing dumb games but god I'd never buy them.

Of course I signed up for Origin Access, and gonna re-get PS Now once on sale, and combined with Humble Monthly and PS+, I'll have all the dumb little games I can handle and so not renewing Gold, and might not even need Game Pass, even if on Win10 store. I rather be playing actual good dumb games like Unravel 2, Until Dawn, Hollow Knight, etc.

Leaving Nintendo was as easy as leaving WWE. Anytime I enjoy them, they piss the ever living hell out of me for the dumbest shit. They are naturally aggravating to me, and feel I'm incapable of casually enjoying them. Hence haven't watch WWE in a year and sold Switch like a year ago, but maybe in a year Xbox can tag Switch.

Avatar image for robert_sparkes
#10 Edited by robert_sparkes (2913 posts) -

Hate is a strong word but I didn't like Nintendo as a kid as I was strictly mega drive to the grave. But as I got older I begun to enjoy all the systems.

Avatar image for sakaixx
#11 Edited by sakaiXx (5297 posts) -

I like nintendo but I really hate how they milk their franchises but people love it. I mean CoD/sports title/AC is yearly franchise too, why the hate on those but love mario. All franchise mentioned, Nintendo Stuff included is as equally soulless cashgrab to me.

Avatar image for EG101
#12 Posted by EG101 (1965 posts) -

I hate how Nintendo holds the Tech in their HW design back so they can sell you a $150 device for $300.

Avatar image for davillain-
#13 Posted by DaVillain- (35997 posts) -

I don't know why you waste you're time with these consoles. Go PC gaming route and trust me, you won't have to worry about both Sony/MS offering but at least Nintendo still makes good exclusive games, that's says alot compare to both Sony/MS.

Avatar image for techhog89
#14 Edited by Techhog89 (3709 posts) -

Neat.

Avatar image for pankar94
#15 Posted by pankar94 (251 posts) -

I remember when people used to say "Xbox has no games", "Xbox only has halo, gears and forza" or "PSN sucks" etc but they never said a single word for Nintendo which has more issues. No 3rd party support, no new ips, we have mario 250 or even worse, remasters from Wii u and we celebrate "oh Nintendo switch has a new exclusive". It also has the worst online service, even worse than PSN in PS3 days and noone complains about it.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#16 Posted by uninspiredcup (32745 posts) -

We need more WWE analogies.

Avatar image for onesiphorus
#17 Posted by onesiphorus (2820 posts) -

Should we ever take our dislike of companies personally by the term "hate"?

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#18 Posted by uninspiredcup (32745 posts) -

@onesiphorus said:

Should we ever take our dislike of companies personally by the term "hate"?

Yes?

Avatar image for nintendoboy16
#19 Posted by nintendoboy16 (36044 posts) -

@sakaixx said:

I like nintendo but I really hate how they milk their franchises but people love it. I mean CoD/sports title/AC is yearly franchise too, why the hate on those but love mario. All franchise mentioned, Nintendo Stuff included is as equally soulless cashgrab to me.

Loading Video...

Yeah... sure you do.

Avatar image for ten_pints
#20 Edited by Ten_Pints (3754 posts) -

Never buy pre orders, never buy online subscription services and if any company takes the piss out of you stop buying their stuff for at least 2 years until they fix their mistake.

Microsoft continuously takes the piss by doing and saying dumb stuff, Nintendo do it a lot less, and the last time Sony took the piss was when removing features from the PS3 then saying don't like it don't play newer games... And they bricked my console where it would hang after booting to XMB two months prior with a broken update and reinstalling the update from recovery didn't help that they claimed effected less than 1% of users and took 3 weeks to fix it, that pissed me off.

Avatar image for jackamomo
#21 Posted by Jackamomo (2157 posts) -

I just counted 8 consecutive angry Nintenderd rebuttals in a row from the original post.

That is another reason Nintendo annoys me.

They make baby games, get over it.

Avatar image for sakaixx
#22 Edited by sakaiXx (5297 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:
@sakaixx said:

I like nintendo but I really hate how they milk their franchises but people love it. I mean CoD/sports title/AC is yearly franchise too, why the hate on those but love mario. All franchise mentioned, Nintendo Stuff included is as equally soulless cashgrab to me.

Loading Video...

Yeah... sure you do.

I do. But I specifically hate their fans who defends Mario games.

Hate is a strong word, annoyed is the correct expression. I own almost all nintendo console from gamecube to switch.

Avatar image for x_karen_x
#23 Posted by X_Karen_x (500 posts) -

😛It a cool story bro😛

Avatar image for Chutebox
#24 Posted by Chutebox (44482 posts) -

@davillain-: Sony doesn't make good exclusive games?

Avatar image for nintendoboy16
#25 Posted by nintendoboy16 (36044 posts) -

@sakaixx said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@sakaixx said:

I like nintendo but I really hate how they milk their franchises but people love it. I mean CoD/sports title/AC is yearly franchise too, why the hate on those but love mario. All franchise mentioned, Nintendo Stuff included is as equally soulless cashgrab to me.

Loading Video...

Yeah... sure you do.

I do. But I specifically hate their fans who defends Mario games.

Hate is a strong word, annoyed is the correct expression. I own almost all nintendo console from gamecube to switch.

Okay, and... I don't give a damn if you own Nintendo systems. It doesn't mean you're a fan, especially when you have a disdain for Nintendo fans liking what they like. You're like Bill Maher over comic book movies.

Avatar image for kali-b1rd
#26 Posted by Kali-B1rd (2031 posts) -
@jackamomo said:

I just counted 8 consecutive angry Nintenderd rebuttals in a row from the original post.

That is another reason Nintendo annoys me.

They make baby games, get over it.

Only an insecure kids/teenager obsesses over themes trying to prove their adults.

Avatar image for davillain-
#27 Posted by DaVillain- (35997 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

@davillain-: Sony doesn't make good exclusive games?

For those who know the concept of how Sony works, they do make good exclusive games :)

Avatar image for Archangel3371
#28 Posted by Archangel3371 (27556 posts) -

Well not me, I love them although they may do things that can annoy me from time to time. They make fantastic games and that’s definitely the main thing that I love about them.

Avatar image for sakaixx
#29 Posted by sakaiXx (5297 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:
@sakaixx said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@sakaixx said:

I like nintendo but I really hate how they milk their franchises but people love it. I mean CoD/sports title/AC is yearly franchise too, why the hate on those but love mario. All franchise mentioned, Nintendo Stuff included is as equally soulless cashgrab to me.

Loading Video...

Yeah... sure you do.

I do. But I specifically hate their fans who defends Mario games.

Hate is a strong word, annoyed is the correct expression. I own almost all nintendo console from gamecube to switch.

Okay, and... I don't give a damn if you own Nintendo systems. It doesn't mean you're a fan, especially when you have a disdain for Nintendo fans liking what they like. You're like Bill Maher over comic book movies.

No, i am not a nintendo fan. I just like nintendo, stuff like Fire Emblem and Golden Sun is why I like them. Sure I am annoyed, I mean you got people bash CoD everyday, somehow forgetting nintendo rehash their most popular franchises every year. Its just the same thing.

Avatar image for mandzilla
#30 Posted by Mandzilla (4025 posts) -

Don't worry, Nintendo still loves you OP.

Avatar image for ajstyles
#31 Posted by AJStyles (735 posts) -

Nintendo is the absolute worst out of them and their fanbase consist of delusional man children. Nintendo knows this so they exploit them.

They know these man babies will buy anything with a Nintendo logo.

And comparing WWE to Nintendo makes perfect sense.

- Both are kiddy

- Both Suck

- Man Children continue to support them anyway even though they don’t have actual fun anymore

- They obsess with nostalgia over the 90’s when both companies were actually great. Their brains seem to think it is still 1998.

-They have incredibly low standards.

-WWE Network and Nintendo Network are terrible.

-They are both cheap, lazy, no effort and constantly have budget cuts.

- John Cena/Roman Reigns are the Mario/Luigi.

- Rico is Link

- Both have rabidly shrinking fanbases.

- Both are out of touch with American Audiences.

Avatar image for fedor
#32 Posted by Fedor (4597 posts) -

TS mad Nintendo jobbed out MS on their way to the title. People thought Nintendo was done until they hulked up and dropped an atomic leg drop on the industry.

Avatar image for hrt_rulz01
#33 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (18678 posts) -

Lol, wtf did I just read??!!

Avatar image for onesiphorus
#34 Posted by onesiphorus (2820 posts) -

@ajstyles said:

<removed anti-Nintendo fan rant>

You now know that this forum is System Wars, not Fanboy Wars. Talk about Nintendo, not about its devoted supporters.

Avatar image for madsnakehhh
#35 Edited by madsnakehhh (16394 posts) -

That's cool. I really dislike Xbox so yeah, different strokes for different folkes.

Avatar image for pdogg93
#36 Posted by pdogg93 (1526 posts) -

Nintendo is for manchildren.

Avatar image for x_karen_x
#37 Posted by X_Karen_x (500 posts) -

@saltslasher:

Maybe it you being “salty” over something.😉

Avatar image for saltslasher
#38 Posted by SaltSlasher (999 posts) -

Anyone hating on me for not liking Nintendo, I imagine all of you have Switch and nothing on my laundry list of BS upsets you.

I would literally never touch another Nintendo machine based off how annoying their fanbase has been, but I wasn't even considering them when I wrote this. I'm just glad some people get it, cause maybe there is a lot to love about Nintendo, but there is a lot to hate.

I also think people being over-dramatic saying that having Origin Access is what will cause the industry to decline. I spent $5 like 3 weeks ago, and now the industry is ruined, may god have mercy on my soul.

Avatar image for mandzilla
#39 Edited by Mandzilla (4025 posts) -

@saltslasher: Oww, that hurts man. :(

Avatar image for lundy86_4
#40 Posted by lundy86_4 (52622 posts) -

That's fine. Everybody has preferences. I'm more interested in when blogs stopped becoming a thing...

Avatar image for nintendoboy16
#41 Posted by nintendoboy16 (36044 posts) -

@saltslasher said:

Anyone hating on me for not liking Nintendo, I imagine all of you have Switch and nothing on my laundry list of BS upsets you.

I would literally never touch another Nintendo machine based off how annoying their fanbase has been, but I wasn't even considering them when I wrote this. I'm just glad some people get it, cause maybe there is a lot to love about Nintendo, but there is a lot to hate.

I also think people being over-dramatic saying that having Origin Access is what will cause the industry to decline. I spent $5 like 3 weeks ago, and now the industry is ruined, may god have mercy on my soul.

That's actually a pretty petty reason not to buy something if I'm honest. I mean, lord knows how many things I like with terrible fandoms, including Star Wars and Marvel.

Avatar image for ajuicematts
#42 Posted by AJuiceMatts (8 posts) -

Your name suits you well OP

Avatar image for FireEmblem_Man
#43 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (19564 posts) -
@jackamomo said:

I just counted 8 consecutive angry Nintenderd rebuttals in a row from the original post.

That is another reason Nintendo annoys me.

They make baby games, get over it.

Yet they make more money than Sega to even stay afloat in the console space, get over it

Avatar image for SecretPolice
#44 Posted by SecretPolice (35079 posts) -

Keep your head on a swivel, TC...

They only look harmless. lol :P

Avatar image for jackamomo
#45 Posted by Jackamomo (2157 posts) -

@FireEmblem_Man: Nintendo are hack game designers who milk children for them and their parent's money and make 90% of their profit selling Pokemon tat.

Avatar image for jackamomo
#46 Edited by Jackamomo (2157 posts) -
@lundy86_4 said:

That's fine. Everybody has preferences. I'm more interested in when blogs stopped becoming a thing...

Surely, blogs are just one more way to approach a topic that allows for a more multifaceted argument than a single question or statement which can lead to a wider scope of discussion.

Avatar image for FireEmblem_Man
#47 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (19564 posts) -

@jackamomo: And you? Someone who's stuck in the past probably above the age 30 still has some sort of hatred to a company? That's more childish than buying Nintendo games.

Not my problem their games sell better than Sega's IP to kids. Also, Pokemon still a $90 Billion dollar franchise, they could have gone with Sega and maybe Sega's fortune would have been a big turn around? But they made the right move sticking to Nintendo.

Avatar image for ArchoNils2
#48 Posted by ArchoNils2 (10329 posts) -

Weird, to me it seems Nintendo makes the least things wrong. I strongly disagree with Sonys censorship and MS lack of first party titles.

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
#49 Posted by GoldenElementXL (2991 posts) -

@EG101 said:

I hate how Nintendo holds the Tech in their HW design back so they can sell you a $150 device for $300.

"For the Nintendo Switch, that cost is estimated to be $257. As VentureBeat explains, the $257 total comes courtesy of Japanese teardown company Formalhaut Techno Solutions. The Joy-Cons alone cost $45 to make, whereas the touch screen, Tegra SoC, and dock combined total $167"


There is a reason why Nintendo has survived all of their competition over the years. And it's not like a $43 margin is huge in the electronics world. Selling at a loss is bad business. There is a reason Atari, Panosonic, Sega, SNK (twice) the Vita and many others have failed. It's not because the products were bad in some cases. They were too expensive to produce for the market they were selling in. And making up the cost in software sales is risky.

Avatar image for davillain-
#50 Edited by DaVillain- (35997 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:
@saltslasher said:

Anyone hating on me for not liking Nintendo, I imagine all of you have Switch and nothing on my laundry list of BS upsets you.

I would literally never touch another Nintendo machine based off how annoying their fanbase has been, but I wasn't even considering them when I wrote this. I'm just glad some people get it, cause maybe there is a lot to love about Nintendo, but there is a lot to hate.

I also think people being over-dramatic saying that having Origin Access is what will cause the industry to decline. I spent $5 like 3 weeks ago, and now the industry is ruined, may god have mercy on my soul.

That's actually a pretty petty reason not to buy something if I'm honest. I mean, lord knows how many things I like with terrible fandoms, including Star Wars and Marvel.

I maybe a Marvel fanboy but that doesn't mean I'm gonna talk shit about someone who may not agree what Marvel has done right or wrong. Same with Star Wars. I wasn't part of Star Wars fandom over how bad TLJ was and it's not the worst SW film to date either. That honor still goes to Holiday Special lol.

And a message to you @saltslasher I'm by no means of a Nintendo fanboy, but I do however appreciate their exclusive games, still innovating , and most of all, they aren't chasing 4K like both Sony/MS are doing now. I love my Switch due to it's portability and if it wasn't for that, I wouldn't bother another Nintendo console cause I really lost the energy putting more time on a single console nowadays, it's portability is it's saving grace and it's why I like about Nintendo. So no, I'm not buying a Nintendo game that's not my interest and I have no desire buying Mario Maker 2 or Link's Awakening as an example.