Nintendo is Japan's richest company again! (Sony #4)

• 82 results
Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@GameboyTroy said:

And at the same time Nintendo cheaped out on their new main system as a company.

You're really bad at economics, never own a business. Nintendo is doing just fine what they're doing, even if you don't agree with them.

Nobody knows business and economics better than internet people. Duh. NinteDOOMED amirite! highfive!

Todddow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#52 Todddow
Member since 2017 • 916 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:
@todddow said:

Ah Nintendo, the Wal-Mart of the gaming industry. Someone has to fill that niche.

How on earth are they wal-mart? I don't even understand this comparison. Pick something I don't like and compare it to Nintendo. I would laugh except you probably were serious with this half-assed metaphor.

Both are very large, rich companies that pump out cheap crap for the masses. Fits very well.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Bread_or_Decide

@knight-k said:

Congrats to Nintendo, they sure know how to sell their sh*t.

Bad for gamers though, we'll have to keep up to buy their crap hardware to play their games.

How would 4k textures improve mario and zelda? Don't you have loot boxes to be opening?

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Bread_or_Decide

@todddow said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@todddow said:

Ah Nintendo, the Wal-Mart of the gaming industry. Someone has to fill that niche.

How on earth are they wal-mart? I don't even understand this comparison. Pick something I don't like and compare it to Nintendo. I would laugh except you probably were serious with this half-assed metaphor.

Both are very large, rich companies that pump out cheap crap for the masses. Fits very well.

You're comparing breath of the wild and the most powerful handheld ever made to what...a Walmart sweater and cheaply produced beef? All righty then. Let's not mention the irony that Walmart sells Playstation 4 and Xbox One products, consoles, and games.

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#55 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3130 Posts

@Vatusus said:

90% of their fortune comes from Pokemon

FACT

Damn near everything Pokémon touches turns to gold, though. The games sell, DS's sell to play the games, even young kids these days still watch the show. It's been successful for like 20 years lol that's crazy

Todddow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Todddow

@Bread_or_Decide said:
@todddow said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@todddow said:

You're comparing breath of the wild and the most powerful handheld ever made to what...a Walmart sweater and cheaply produced beef? All righty then. Let's not mention the irony that Walmart sells Playstation 4 and Xbox One products, consoles, and games.

Would it be better if I said Nintendo was the Honda of the gaming industry? Reliable and cheap, yet boring and low performance (the only exception being that Honda does have the Acura NSX)?

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#57 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10635 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man:

The Switch and the ps4 are in 2 completely different generations. Let's see how the Switch does against the ps5.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Bread_or_Decide

@ermacness said:

@FireEmblem_Man:

The Switch and the ps4 are in 2 completely different generations. Let's see how the Switch does against the ps5.

Control de daños

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Bread_or_Decide

@todddow said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@todddow said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@todddow said:

Would it be better if I said Nintendo was the Honda of the gaming industry? Reliable and cheap, yet boring and low performance (the only exception being that Honda does have the Acura NSX)?

Nintendo is more like the Disney corporation. At least they are when they release a successful product.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 ermacness

@Bread_or_Decide:

If that means what I think it means, then call it whatever you want, all I stated was FACTS. I find it funny that the sheep's are in full rampant mode when Nintendo is on the rise (possibly due largely to being the ONLY console in it's generation), but was completely muted when that abysmal attempt at a console (ala:Wii-U) was barely surviving during it's run.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts

@AzatiS said:
@techhog89 said:
@AzatiS said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@techhog89 said:

Japanese business publication Toyo Keizai has released its list of the 500 richest companies in Japan, and Nintendo has come out on top.

Nintendo has a whopping 946 billion Yen in net cash reserves, and is - as we know - currently raking it in thanks to the incredibly successful Switch.

Nintendo's closest rival in the video game sphere is Sony, which came in fourth place on the same list. Sony naturally has other interests outside of gaming, such as consumer electronics and smartphones, which makes Nintendo's achievement even more impressive.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/11/nintendo_tops_toyo_keizais_list_of_japans_richest_companies_while_sony_is_fourth

Let's see how long this lasts.

PS4 sales are slower in Japan, deal with it!

Wii U, the true competitor of PS4 is dead while nintendo is number 1, pathetic to say the least.

I really wish it were possible to ban people from threads...

Cry me a river for talking back to your fellow sheep. This is System wars, if you cant handle it go to Nintendo fan club. You posting in SW for a reason, dont you ? Some people jabbing Sony, others jabbing back etc .. whats your problem, why so serious ?

Posting in SW for whatever reason then wishing to ban people that have something to say against your own preference or post itself , is the most ridiculous thing i ever hear after 13 years in SW. Go to Nintendo fan club subforum please, you cant handle SW.

EDIT : Its people like you made SW forum almost a dead place and not fun place to be in.

Nah, it's just that your posts give me a headache.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Bread_or_Decide

@ermacness said:

@Bread_or_Decide:

If that means what I think it means, then call it whatever you want, all I stated was FACTS. I find it funny that the sheep's are in full rampant mode when Nintendo is on the rise (possibly due largely to being the ONLY console in it's generation), but was completely muted when that abysmal attempt at a console (ala:Wii-U) was barely surviving during it's run.

I loved my Wii U. I still think it's an underrated gem of a console. We stood behind its exclusive games. I was never muted on it being my fav system even though it sold like crap. And consumers don't care about "generations." They just buy things. If that's your excuse for why the Switch is successful than you've got what we call a straw man argument.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#63  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@techhog89 said:
@AzatiS said:
@techhog89 said:
@AzatiS said:

Wii U, the true competitor of PS4 is dead while nintendo is number 1, pathetic to say the least.

Cry me a river for talking back to your fellow sheep. This is System wars, if you cant handle it go to Nintendo fan club. You posting in SW for a reason, dont you ? Some people jabbing Sony, others jabbing back etc .. whats your problem, why so serious ?

Posting in SW for whatever reason then wishing to ban people that have something to say against your own preference or post itself , is the most ridiculous thing i ever hear after 13 years in SW. Go to Nintendo fan club subforum please, you cant handle SW.

EDIT : Its people like you made SW forum almost a dead place and not fun place to be in.

Nah, you dont like what im saying, thats all. In the end of the day i didnt talk to you. Cry me a river as i said or leave/stop making threads in Sw if you cant handle it. Simple stuff

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Techhog89

@AzatiS said:
@techhog89 said:
@AzatiS said:
@techhog89 said:
@AzatiS said:

Nah, you dont like what im saying, thats all. In the end of the day i didnt talk to you. Cry me a river as i said or leave/stop making threads in Sw if you cant handle it. Simple stuff

that's*

At* the end of the day

I*

didn't*

I*

can't*

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#65  Edited By Needhealing
Member since 2017 • 2041 Posts

In Japan. Come on, do the numbers worldwide. Nintendo yearly revenues are 4.1 billion, while Sony is at 9.4 billion. Nintendo will never be bigger than Sony or even EA.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By AzatiS

@techhog89 said:
@AzatiS said:
@techhog89 said:
@AzatiS said:

that's*

At* the end of the day

I*

didn't*

I*

can't*

Doesnt matter bro, my original post was what made you mad not if my english are good or if im using '. Keep crying kiddo. As long as you are in SW forum and trying to start something youll be getting all kind of responses. Thats how it works here.

Cry aaaall you want about whatever you can find to cry about, spam flag button like you did in the past if that will make you feel better. Just stop crying though or leave SW if you cant handle it and make posts in Nintendo forum. I wonder how old are you and you acting like this ....

Todddow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Todddow

@needhealing said:

In Japan. Come on, do the numbers worldwide. Nintendo yearly revenues are 4.1 billion, while Sony is at 9.4 billion. Nintendo will never be bigger than Sony or even EA.

I don't know, EA is doing everything they can to hurt themselves lately. Between the craptastic embarrassment of ME:A and all of the backlash over BF2.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Techhog89

@AzatiS said:
@techhog89 said:
@AzatiS said:
@techhog89 said:
@AzatiS said:

that's*

At* the end of the day

I*

didn't*

I*

can't*

Doesnt matter bro, my original post was what made you mad not if my english are good or if im using '. Keep crying kiddo. As long as you are in SW forum and trying to start something youll be getting all kind of responses. Thats how it works here.

Cry aaaall you want about whatever you can find to cry about, spam flag button like you did in the past if that will make you feel better. Just stop crying though or leave SW if you cant handle it and make posts in Nintendo forum. I wonder how old are you and you acting like this ....

Doesn't*

bro;*

mad,*

is* (though the sentence structure there is horrible anyway)

the* SW forum

you'll*

kinds*

That's*

how old you are* if* you are* acting like this...*

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By AzatiS

@techhog89 said:
@AzatiS said:
@techhog89 said:
@AzatiS said:

that's*

At* the end of the day

I*

didn't*

I*

can't*

Doesn't*

bro;*

mad,*

the* SW forum

you'll*

kinds*

That's*

Cry more its ok ! If my english is the reason you acting like a 12 years old keep it up ! I can do this all day long. Keep flagging kid ( or should i say 30 years old kid ? Because if you are anything above 20 will be really shame, so how old are you ? )

Keep it up i got all day.

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

Sony's by the gamers for the gamers mantra, means that Sony spends the money it makes on world class, industry defining AAA exclusives.

Thank you Sony.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Techhog89

@AzatiS said:
@techhog89 said:
@AzatiS said:
@techhog89 said:
@AzatiS said:

that's*

At* the end of the day

I*

didn't*

I*

can't*

Doesn't*

bro;*

mad,*

the* SW forum

you'll*

kinds*

That's*

Cry more its ok ! If my english is the reason you acting like a 12 years old keep it up ! I can do this all day long. Keep flagging kid ( or should i say 30 years old kid ? Because if you are anything above 20 will be really shame, so how old are you ? )

Oh god you're getting worse

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By AzatiS

@techhog89 said:
@AzatiS said:
@techhog89 said:

Doesn't*

bro;*

mad,*

the* SW forum

you'll*

kinds*

That's*

Oh god you're getting worse

after 3 hours still crying ? Youre something else you know what ? Keep it up SWs newbie, told you i have all day.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 ermacness

@Bread_or_Decide:

The switch being successful doesn't in any way, shape, or form bothers me, but let's not make it out like this is ownage ammo for the ps4 crowd either. It's a grand merit for Nintendo for the switch to be as successful as it is, but that's it. Stop comparing it to the ps4, like Sony is in potential hot water. From the looks of things, the ps4 won it's generation in overall sales, and that fact is locked when viewing it from Nintendo standpoint, since that generation of console for Nintendo have been discontinued.

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 knight-k
Member since 2005 • 2596 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:
@knight-k said:

Congrats to Nintendo, they sure know how to sell their sh*t.

Bad for gamers though, we'll have to keep up to buy their crap hardware to play their games.

How would 4k textures improve mario and zelda? Don't you have loot boxes to be opening?

Better graphics is always nice.

Lol and don't be too smug about loot boxes and nintendo, don't be suprised if the next ninty game is filled with that crap.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#75 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59238 Posts

Those love testers payed off.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Ok, so when is Nintendo going on clearance ?

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#77 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@techhog89 said:
@AzatiS said:
@techhog89 said:
@AzatiS said:
@techhog89 said:

that's*

At* the end of the day

I*

didn't*

I*

can't*

Doesn't*

bro;*

mad,*

the* SW forum

you'll*

kinds*

That's*

GRAMMAR WARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#78 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19664 Posts
@needhealing said:

Nintendo is a much bigger company than EA.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts

@todddow said:

Would it be better if I said Nintendo was the Honda of the gaming industry? Reliable and cheap, yet boring?

I guess that's why 5 of the highest rated games of all time were developed by Nintendo. Thanks for the insight.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 UssjTrunks
@needhealing said:

Sony also sells TVs, computers, and cell phones...

Todddow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Todddow

@UssjTrunks said:
@todddow said:

Would it be better if I said Nintendo was the Honda of the gaming industry? Reliable and cheap, yet boring?

I guess that's why 5 of the highest rated games of all time were developed by Nintendo. Thanks for the insight.

Nintendo has a different grading scale and expectations. When magazines like Car and Driver and Motor Trend compare vehicles, they never stack a Honda Accord up against a Lamborghini or even a Camaro. Yet an Accord is often on their 10 best lists.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#82 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

@techhog89 said:

Japanese business publication Toyo Keizai has released its list of the 500 richest companies in Japan, and Nintendo has come out on top.

Nintendo has a whopping 946 billion Yen in net cash reserves, and is - as we know - currently raking it in thanks to the incredibly successful Switch.

Nintendo's closest rival in the video game sphere is Sony, which came in fourth place on the same list. Sony naturally has other interests outside of gaming, such as consumer electronics and smartphones, which makes Nintendo's achievement even more impressive.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/11/nintendo_tops_toyo_keizais_list_of_japans_richest_companies_while_sony_is_fourth

Let's see how long this lasts.

It's summed perfectly there. Nintendo is a gaming company only, where Sony is an electronics company. So Nintendo outdoing Sony is a very big deal.

I think what people need to understand in this thread is that Nintendo has cash reserves. So this isn't stock value, asset value, etc. This is raw cash. Unbelievable. Over $8 billion USD.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By UssjTrunks

@todddow said:
@UssjTrunks said:
@todddow said:

Nintendo has a different grading scale and expectations. When magazines like Car and Driver and Motor Trend compare vehicles, they never stack a Honda Accord up against a Lamborghini or even a Camaro. Yet an Accord is often on their 10 best lists.

Nintendo is the Honda Civic of gaming. Sony/MS are the Honda Accords. PC is the Lamborghini. Civics and Accords are very much comparable to one another.

Also, OoT, Mario 64, Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess (all 94%+) were N64/GC games, which blew away the PS1/PS2 in power.