Nintendo FY21: 28.8M Switch shipped (84.59M LTD), 230M SW (587M LTD), 640B yen (US$5.87B) profit (all-time record)!

• 106 results
hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39508 Posts

@mojito1988 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@shadyacshuns said:

@hardwenzen: What kind of drugs you smokin' bruh? Switch has put out a ton of good games lately, like MHR, Bravely Default 2, Story of Seasons, Trails of Cold Steel 3 & 4, Hyrule Warriors, Persona 5 Strikers... and SMT Nocturne R and SMT V, Mario Golf, Disgaea 6, Ys IX and Rune Factory 5 are around the corner.

You not liking those kinds of games is fine and all, but stop trolling your nonsense saying Switch hasn't been pumping out the games.

If that's pumping good games, then Stadia is killing it. 2020 and 2021 are the worse years i've seen a gaming company have in like 10 years.

They released one game worth talking about, and that's Rise. What do they have for Holidays? Who cares when we can play a 7y old game and pretend it came out in 2021. Btw i am not smoking anything, you're the one smoking Regie's farts, and that's why its looking like a fine year to you. That's how they get you easily.

Ps4: Released November 2013 Total games: 3192

Nintendo Switch Released March 2017 Total games 3806

He is right there are NO games on the Switch! ZERO.

How many of those 3806 games are 100 years old lazy ports/cash grabs? Just about 3500 of them 🤷‍♂️

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@mojito1988 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@shadyacshuns said:

@hardwenzen: What kind of drugs you smokin' bruh? Switch has put out a ton of good games lately, like MHR, Bravely Default 2, Story of Seasons, Trails of Cold Steel 3 & 4, Hyrule Warriors, Persona 5 Strikers... and SMT Nocturne R and SMT V, Mario Golf, Disgaea 6, Ys IX and Rune Factory 5 are around the corner.

You not liking those kinds of games is fine and all, but stop trolling your nonsense saying Switch hasn't been pumping out the games.

If that's pumping good games, then Stadia is killing it. 2020 and 2021 are the worse years i've seen a gaming company have in like 10 years.

They released one game worth talking about, and that's Rise. What do they have for Holidays? Who cares when we can play a 7y old game and pretend it came out in 2021. Btw i am not smoking anything, you're the one smoking Regie's farts, and that's why its looking like a fine year to you. That's how they get you easily.

How many of those 3806 games are 100 years old lazy ports/cash grabs? Just about 3500 of them 🤷‍♂️

Whatever makes you happy living in denial.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7714 Posts

@pc_rocks:not so sure about that, ps2 was out for ages and was handed out with 99$, heck schools bought that for DVD players

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 hardwenzen  Online

@mojito1988 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@mojito1988 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@shadyacshuns said:

And i am the one in denial? You Nintendo defenders are insane lol. Literally the only thing they've been releasing are HD ports and emulators, and i am the one that's delusional. I wish there was a list of all the ports, i'd spam it so much on everyone trying to deny the incredibly weak (for the last few years that is) library offered by Nintendo. But what does it matter. Even if there was such a list, you would find another excuse, then another and one more. Refusing to accept the mess that is the current Switch. Its selling well, tho, so you can always play sales during the holidays season 🙃

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By mojito1988

@hardwenzen said:
@mojito1988 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@mojito1988 said:

And i am the one in denial? You Nintendo defenders are insane lol. Literally the only thing they've been releasing are HD ports and emulators, and i am the one that's delusional. I wish there was a list of all the ports, i'd spam it so much on everyone trying to deny the incredibly weak (for the last few years that is) library offered by Nintendo. But what does it matter. Even if there was such a list, you would find another excuse, then another and one more. Refusing to accept the mess that is the current Switch. Its selling well, tho, so you can always play sales during the holidays season 🙃

I own 65 games for Switch and 12 for Ps4. The problem with people like you is that you love to imagine that if someone likes different types of games than you do that means they are wrong.

I will give you an example.

My game of the Generation is Ring Fit Adventure on Switch. Believe it or not, I'm not alone in that, as it outsold and continues to outsell most Ps4 exclusives (8.86 million sold so far). I have hundreds of hours into it and I have benefited greatly from my time with it.

My favorite game on Ps4 is Dreams because I like to make stuff. (same reason I am VERY excited for New Switch game builder garage next month.)

I bought Bravely Default 2 this year (Switch Exclusive) and I am enjoying it more than most anything on Ps4.

I felt the same way about Bowsers Fury (New Content this year)

I am more excited for No More Heroes 3 this August than anything on Ps4 or 5 as I am a big fan of the series.

I feel the same way about the new Hyrule Warriors Expansion Pass out in the next few months.

I enjoyed Fire Emblem far more than anything on PlayStation.

I enjoyed Mario Maker 2 far more than anything on PlayStation.

Same with Breath of the Wild.

Same with Xenoblade 2, and Torna the Golden Country, and Xenoblade Definitive Edition.

Now here is my point:

Does that take away from the quality of The Last of us 2, or Daemon Souls, or Spider Man or any other game on PlayStation? Nope not at all.

I don't personally care for those games, but that does not make them cease to exist.

Once again if you think there is nothing on Switch, then you just want to act like there is nothing on Switch.

Different people liking different things? Hard concept to grasp....yikes.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#56 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15968 Posts

@hardwenzen: you know how it is with these nintendo fans. Next they will be hyping up Zelda Skyward Sword HD super ultimate deluxe switch version.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 hardwenzen  Online

@mojito1988: Wat the hell are those?! You might as well download random stuff on Steam and call em good games worth playing 👀

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 mojito1988

@sakaixx said:

@hardwenzen: you know how it is with these nintendo fans. Next they will be hyping up Zelda Skyward Sword HD super ultimate deluxe switch version.

You mean the worst game in the series? Highly unlikely.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 mojito1988

@hardwenzen said:

@mojito1988: Wat the hell are those?! You might as well download random stuff on Steam and call em good games worth playing 👀

Games you don't like = bad game. We get it. I MUST like Sony games even if I don't. We get it. lol

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 hardwenzen  Online

@sakaixx said:

Oh you know it, especially if it gets a 9/10 this time around.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 mojito1988

@hardwenzen said:
@sakaixx said:

That that crap game gets a 9/10...I sure hope not. (Only Zelda game that I straight up hated.)

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By sakaiXx

@mojito1988 said:
@sakaixx said:

@goldenelementxl: or around 6-7 games per console.

I’d now like to address the Nintendo Switch business from a slightly different angle. One conventional metric used in the dedicated platform business is the tie ratio, or the attach rate of software per unit of hardware. This is calculated by dividing the number of software units sold by the number of hardware units sold. However, with the rise in digital sales, we are witnessing the rapid sales growth of indie titles at a wide range of price points, and add-on content sales that cannot be counted with the number of software units sold. As a result, software attach rate calculated using conventional methods no longer adequately reflects the actual state of our business.

Learn the way metrics are measured today and you will realize based on the current trajectory and the fact that Ps4 has been out far longer, that the Switch is on pace to beat it if you factor in store digital purchases (especially with indies), an area that Switch obliterates PlayStation and Xbox.

Just look at the release dates vs. total number of games for example.

Switch has been out 1/2 the time and has far more total games. By the end it will have more than double most likely.

Indies prefer the Switch so Switch will get more games and with indies factored in, Switch will have stronger ratios by the end of the generation.

Feel free to keep using old tired standards (we all know you love that) whatever fits your clearly faulty narrative right?

PS4 moved 850m software by the time it reached 86m hardware shipped. Techdog89 can help confirm ~

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 hardwenzen  Online

@mojito1988 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@sakaixx said:

That that crap game gets a 9/10...I sure hope not. (Only Zelda game that I straight up hated.)

You never know with GS.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 mojito1988

@sakaixx said:
@mojito1988 said:
@sakaixx said:

I’d now like to address the Nintendo Switch business from a slightly different angle. One conventional metric used in the dedicated platform business is the tie ratio, or the attach rate of software per unit of hardware. This is calculated by dividing the number of software units sold by the number of hardware units sold. However, with the rise in digital sales, we are witnessing the rapid sales growth of indie titles at a wide range of price points, and add-on content sales that cannot be counted with the number of software units sold. As a result, software attach rate calculated using conventional methods no longer adequately reflects the actual state of our business.

Learn the way metrics are measured today and you will realize based on the current trajectory and the fact that Ps4 has been out far longer, that the Switch is on pace to beat it if you factor in store digital purchases (especially with indies), an area that Switch obliterates PlayStation and Xbox.

Switch has been out 1/2 the time and has far more total games. By the end it will have more than double most likely.

Indies prefer the Switch so Switch will get more games and with indies factored in, Switch will have stronger ratios by the end of the generation.

Feel free to keep using old tired standards (we all know you love that) whatever fits your clearly faulty narrative right?

PS4 moved 850m software by the time it reached 75m hardware shipped. Techdog89 can help confirm ~

Reading is hard I know. Nintendo's Indies are not included. They vastly outsell Sony or Microsoft in this area.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 mojito1988

@hardwenzen said:
@mojito1988 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@sakaixx said:

You never know with GS.

I am very much so hoping it gets like a 6. Teach them to not re-release that bad games. (Hurry up and give me more Xenoblade Chronicles X!!!!)

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By sakaiXx

@mojito1988 said:
@sakaixx said:
@mojito1988 said:
@sakaixx said:

PS4 moved 850m software by the time it reached 75m hardware shipped. Techdog89 can help confirm ~

Reading is hard I know. Nintendo's Indies are not included. They vastly outsell Sony or Microsoft in this area.

Please even if odd indie game a breakthrough success its still amounts to 1-2 mil and out of 3806 games how many games is not counted in nintendo report, how many digital only games actually managed over 1 million. Heck the ace attorny collection dont even pass 500k.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7714 Posts

No COD, no GTA, no sports games, very impressive.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 mojito1988

@sakaixx said:
@mojito1988 said:
@sakaixx said:
@mojito1988 said:
@sakaixx said:

Please even if odd indie game a breakthrough success its still amounts to 1-2 mil and out of 3806 games how many games is not counted in nintendo report, how many digital only games actually managed over 1 million. Heck the ace attorny collection dont even pass 500k.

I think you are missing the point entirely. Despite your years long crusade to attempt to act like you don't know the Switch is very successful and has many games on it (even if you personally don't care for them) it is doing very well even without factoring this in at all.

Think logically.

Ps4 has been out twice as long and has a 8.6 tie ratio.

Switch as been out for 1/2 as long and has a 6.6 tie ratio.

So how exactly is Sony doing so much better in this area again?

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By sakaiXx

@mojito1988 said:
@sakaixx said:
@mojito1988 said:

I think you are missing the point entirely. Despite your years long crusade to attempt to act like you don't know the Switch is very successful and has many games on it (even if you personally don't care for them) it is doing very well even without factoring this in at all.

Think logically.

PS4 has a tie in ratio of 13.5 games per console.....

Less game but 2x the attach rate omg ~~~

You may refer here to my absolutely wonderful thread.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By mojito1988

@sakaixx said:
@mojito1988 said:
@sakaixx said:
@mojito1988 said:

Think logically.

I love the data by the way I have never seen that it is very informative!

So since Sony Ps4 has been out 2x as long that means the tie ratio is about the same.

Once again how does this add up to Nintendo having bad ratios with the Switch again?

(once again thanks for the data I always appreciate a chance to be further educated!)

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 sakaiXx

@mojito1988 said:
@sakaixx said:

So since Sony Ps4 has been out 2x as long that means the tie ratio is about the same.

Once again how does this add up to Nintendo having bad ratios with the Switch again?

(once again thanks for the data I always appreciated a chance to be further educated!)

Welcome, sharing knowledge is very important after all~

Anyhow back to my original post when I say Switch has low attach rate I mean as said. Console has shipped 84m, according to you have 3806 games and according to this thread only shipped 580m software which means the console have very low attach rate. This considering at same time frame other consoles have better ratio and with even less games than today. Techdog also highlighted Nintendo expected a decline in software this year meanwhile PS4 been averaging 270m software ship per full quarter for the past 4-5 years.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 mojito1988

@sakaixx said:
@mojito1988 said:
@sakaixx said:

(once again thanks for the data I always appreciated a chance to be further educated!)

Anyhow back to my original post when I say Switch has low attach rate I mean as said. Console has shipped 84m, according to you have 3806 games and according to this thread only shipped 580m software which means the console have very low attach rate. This considering at same time frame other consoles have better ratio and with even less games than today. Techdog also highlighted Nintendo expected a decline in software this year meanwhile PS4 been averaging 270m software ship per full quarter for the past 4-5 years.

Other consoles has slightly better tie ratios. You always make it sound like it is a disaster. All time records for Nintendo =failing in your mind. It is what it is.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 sakaiXx

@mojito1988 said:
@sakaixx said:
@mojito1988 said:
@sakaixx said:

Other consoles has slightly better tie ratios. You always make it sound like it is a disaster. All time records for Nintendo =failing in your mind. It is what it is.

I dont twist facts.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 mojito1988

@sakaixx said:
@mojito1988 said:
@sakaixx said:
@mojito1988 said:
@sakaixx said:

I dont twist facts.

It is not twisting facts to have dramatic bias toward once specific brand at all. Cherry picking facts is not twisting them at all.

I on the other hand over this next month am getting ready to buy Returnal and Ratchet and Clank for Ps5, while enjoying my Gamepass Ultimate on Xbox 1X, Heroes of the Storm on PC, and working out on Ring fit Adventures on, and finishing up Bravely Default 2 on Switch!

Feels good enjoying all that gaming has to offer. Wouldn't you agree?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 hardwenzen  Online

Microsoft believed that Metroid 4 and BotW2 would be out in 2019 or 2020 🤣 They're most likely wrong by over half a decade, minimum.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By sakaiXx

@mojito1988 said:
@sakaixx said:
@mojito1988 said:
@sakaixx said:

I dont twist facts.

It is not twisting facts to have dramatic bias toward once specific brand at all. Cherry picking facts is not twisting them at all.

I on the other hand over this next month am getting ready to buy Returnal and Ratchet and Clank for Ps5, while enjoying my Gamepass Ultimate on Xbox 1X, Heroes of the Storm on PC, and working out on Ring fit Adventures on, and finishing up Bravely Default 2 on Switch!

Feels good enjoying all that gaming has to offer. Wouldn't you agree?

Say whatever you like on your biasness but all I am giving is facts. I agree, that is also why I have a switch ~

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#78  Edited By Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts

Can this thread be locked? Idiots derailing it really ruined it. They aren't even making good arguments.

Though, I guess that would make the idiots feel like they won. :/

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@shadyacshuns said:

If that's what you think, then we'll never see eye to eye about anything gaming related. You and that weirdo talking about unrelated attach rates and other irrelevant numbers are just fooling yourselves in to believing bad things about a company you don't like, and just shit posting nonsense by trolling people here.

I remember when System Wars at least had some intelligent discussion going on, and it wasn't 100% shit posting like it is now.

The difference between the likes of you and other similar fanboy troll haters, and others like myself who enjoy gaming from a multitude of companies is what makes some of us actual gamers who enjoy games. In other words: we enjoy gaming and want to talk about it on places like this, while people like you just want to talk shit and nonsense and troll all the time instead of playing games.

The fact that you only talk about and play a very limited scope of specific games proves my point entirely. Your trolling can be entertaining from time to time, but as a 'gamer' your own words betray you as something less than a dedicated gaming fan. For your sake I truly hope this is just a stupid shtick you are working, but if this is who you really are in this hobby, I feel very bad for you.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By hardwenzen  Online

@shadyacshuns said:
@hardwenzen said:
@shadyacshuns said:

If that's what you think, then we'll never see eye to eye about anything gaming related. You and that weirdo talking about unrelated attach rates and other irrelevant numbers are just fooling yourselves in to believing bad things about a company you don't like, and just shit posting nonsense by trolling people here.

I remember when System Wars at least had some intelligent discussion going on, and it wasn't 100% shit posting like it is now.

The difference between the likes of you and other similar fanboy troll haters, and others like myself who enjoy gaming from a multitude of companies is what makes some of us actual gamers who enjoy games. In other words: we enjoy gaming and want to talk about it on places like this, while people like you just want to talk shit and nonsense and troll all the time instead of playing games.

The fact that you only talk about and play a very limited scope of specific games proves my point entirely. Your trolling can be entertaining from time to time, but as a 'gamer' your own words betray you as something less than a dedicated gaming fan. For your sake I truly hope this is just a stupid shtick you are working, but if this is who you really are in this hobby, I feel very bad for you.

Oh look, another Nintendo fanboy crying and calling every single person that criticizes their favorite company as a troll. Never seen these before, its like you're straight from 2010 when SW was full of them. Very original of you, buddy. You can feel bad for me, you can not see eye to eye with me, its not important. The Switch is the most game starved system in ages, and that's a fact. You can pretent that everything is fine, but sooner or later you will wake up and see the actual reality, and its not looking pretty. Also love it how you call people weirdos, trolls, etc. Makes you look very mature on SYSTEM WARS

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 sakaiXx

@hardwenzen said:
@shadyacshuns said:
@hardwenzen said:
@shadyacshuns said:

Oh look, another Nintendo fanboy crying and calling every single person that criticizes their favorite company as a troll. Never seen these before, its like you're straight from 2010 when SW was full of them. Very original of you, buddy. You can feel bad for me, you can not see eye to eye with me, its not important. The Switch is the most game starved system in ages, and that's a fact. You can pretent that everything is fine, but sooner or later you will wake up and see the actual reality, and its not looking pretty. Also love it how you call people weirdos, trolls, etc. Makes you look very mature on SYSTEM WARS

Agreed. We just responding accordingly based on information given by TC.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Techhog89
@sakaixx said:
@hardwenzen said:
@shadyacshuns said:
@hardwenzen said:
@shadyacshuns said:

Based on the parts of the information that benefit you*

I guess you two are too dumb to argue properly on your own and just decided to team up to overwhelm the thread. .-. But fine, you win, I won't post these anymore.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44206 Posts

Just because. lol :P

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1910 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@mojito1988 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@mojito1988 said:
@hardwenzen said:

I'm sorry, how many times is Sony going to release TLOU and keep milking you cows??? lol.

@techhog89 said:
@sakaixx said:
@hardwenzen said:
@shadyacshuns said:
@hardwenzen said:

Based on the parts of the information that benefit you*

I guess you two are too dumb to argue properly on your own and just decided to team up to overwhelm the thread. .-. But fine, you win, I won't post these anymore.

No, keep posting these. sakaixx and Hardwenzen are bored and bitter. They're bitter that all the OG cows aren't even active anymore, and they're STILL not even best cow. lol. Nathan is clearly king cow, and those two will NEVER be best cow. Plus they're sad that Sony hasn't released anything noteworthy and that Sony is slowing down, meanwhile Nintendo keeps on winning. Keep posting these because I know it makes them salty and burns them up inside. We got 6 games selling over 20 million copies, and Sony can barely scratch 10 million on their exclusives. The OG sheep are coming back, while OG cows are banned or not as active.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1910 Posts
@hardwenzen said:
@shadyacshuns said:
@hardwenzen said:
@shadyacshuns said:

Sony so starved for games they keep releasing TLOU. The PlayStation 8 will likely come out in the future, and Sony will STILL be remastering The Last of Us. The Last of Us sold 17 million copies across TWO platforms, while Nintendo exclusives on the Switch are selling 20+ million and even 30+ million on it's own system. Maybe The Last of Us can finally scratch 20 million once it's released on the PS5. I predict it'll sell 30+ million once they release it on the PS6 and PS7!

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 hardwenzen  Online

@luxuryheart: I don't know, i don't buy remasters? I haven't purchased a single remaster from last gen and only bought one remake (RE2R) and one from current gen (Demon's), so its not to me to whom you should be asking this question.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#87  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

is hardwenzen actually dynamitecop? dynamite cop had the same avatar....anyone remember him? he used to be an xbox guy. now he is a playstation fan?

anyway...

nintendo has a great line up to look forward to:

no more heroes 3
shin megami tensei 5
breath of the wild 2
skyward sword HD
pokemon ruby/sapphire remake
pokemon acerus(the game everyone is waiting for)open world pokemon
zelda 35th anniversary bundle (for sure winwakerhd/ocarina of time HD?)
fall guys
metroid prime 4
bayonetta 3
mario golf
ninja gaiden collection

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Techhog89

@KBFloYd said:

is hardwenzen actually dynamitecop? dynamite cop had the same avatar....anyone remember him? he used to be an xbox guy. now he is a playstation fan?

anyway...

nintendo has a great line up to look forward to:

no more heroes 3

shin megami tensei 5

breath of the wild 2

skyward sword HD

pokemon ruby/sapphire remake

pokemon acerus(the game everyone is waiting for)open world pokemon

zelda 35th anniversary bundle (for sure winwakerhd/ocarina of time HD?)

fall guys

metroid prime 4

bayonetta 3

mario golf

ninja gaiden collection

Diamond/Pearl

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Techhog89

Update: Nintendo estimates that sales to customers are over 81 million worldwide in page 12 of this: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2021/210506_4e.pdf

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 KBFloYd

i dont think the switch will surpass the ps4 because i think the next system from nintendo will release next year.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Techhog89

@KBFloYd said:

i dont think the switch will surpass the ps4 because i think the next system from nintendo will release next year.

So, have you secretly been a Sony fanboy this whole time or what? Switch isn't being replaced before 2024. The rumored revision is not a successor.

Remember this? It's more likely that the rumors are false than it is that the rumors are actually talking about a successor, unless you think Nintendo somehow was caught off-guard by PS5 and XS.

Avatar image for deactivated-60cb3701bc83b
deactivated-60cb3701bc83b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 10

#92 deactivated-60cb3701bc83b
Member since 2018 • 501 Posts

I wonder if the Switch will end up outselling the PS2, it's selling out non-stop.

I have 4 of the thing and love it a lot.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Techhog89

@iamdavey said:

I wonder if the Switch will end up outselling the PS2, it's selling out non-stop.

I have 4 of the thing and love it a lot.

And this is why trying to compare attach rates directly is stupid as hell. Nintendo handhelds have historically had much lower attach rates than consoles for this exact reason.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Techhog89

I don't think this is worth making a thread over, but Nintendo says that the component shortages might affect Switch and future plans: https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/nintendo-president-confirms-chip-shortage-is-hampering-switch-production/

They also don't seem to expect to have any game as big as Animal Crossing ready for release this year.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By KBFloYd

@techhog89 said:
@KBFloYd said:

So, have you secretly been a Sony fanboy this whole time or what? Switch isn't being replaced before 2024. The rumored revision is not a successor.

Remember this? It's more likely that the rumors are false than it is that the rumors are actually talking about a successor, unless you think Nintendo somehow was caught off-guard by PS5 and XS.

nintendo release a new console every 5 years. theyve been like that since the NES. maybe you werent born yet.

nintendo console cycles are not like sony and xbox.

edit: they said they want to extend the life cycle of the switch? hmmm we'll see then..

ZmanBarzel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 ZmanBarzel
Member since 2014 • 3141 Posts

@KBFloYd: What console did Nintendo release in 2011 to replace the Wii, which came out in 2006?

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Techhog89

@KBFloYd said:
@techhog89 said:
@KBFloYd said:

nintendo release a new console every 5 years. theyve been like that since the NES. maybe you werent born yet.

nintendo console cycles are not like sony and xbox.

edit: they said they want to extend the life cycle of the switch? hmmm we'll see then..

Wii U released 6 years after Wii.

Also, Nintendo isn't dumb. They aren't going to cut off Switch's legs when it's selling like crazy just to keep some arbitrary rule.

EDIT: And the Super Famicom released 7 years after the Famicom, and the N64 released 6 years after the Super Famicom. NA releases followed that imaginary rule more closely, but that was when launches weren't synced globally.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 deactivated-60cb3701bc83b

@zmanbarzel: Most of Nintendo's systems lasted like 6 to 7 years, only the GameCube, N64 and Wii were the exception.

If you don't include the Color TV-Game then it's half n half.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@shadyacshuns said:
@hardwenzen said:

Just you two for denying good games in the name of branding. I have 21 plats, how many do you have? I have 30, 000 GS (which is low, I know because it's my newest platform). But as you can clearly see I have a very large range of games I play, so when I see bullshit, I call it out.

You can play System Wars without being idiotic to the point you're putting down good games like a fool. You can talk up your favorite genres, games and systems without resorting to total nonsense.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 deactivated-60cb3701bc83b

Just you two for denying good games in the name of branding. I have 21 plats, how many do you have? I have 30, 000 GS (which is low, I know because it's my newest platform). But as you can clearly see I have a very large range of games I play, so when I see bullshit, I call it out.

You can play System Wars without being idiotic to the point you're putting down good games like a fool. You can talk up your favorite genres, games and systems without resorting to total nonsense.

I thought my 46,000 GS was good and then it felt low again :P