Nintendo Conspiracy Theories, Lies, Money Schemes, and False marketing practices

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

As a loyal gamer for the past 15 years i feel its my duty to show the gamers just what kind of crap ninendo has been doin to gamers

Fact - Legend of Zelda Twiglight princess was completed and ready to be launched on the gamecube 1 year before it launched for the wii but was held back to flagship a wii version aka nintendo care more about selling 250 dollar wii's with ready to go hardcore games like TP instead of releasin there games on there own merits

Fact - Nintendo has used games like Twiglight princess to sell wii's to there hardcore fans on day one but the game was originally a gamecube title promised for gamecube owners but it was released 1 month after the wii version in limited quanitities even tho the game was done a year agofor it they released it a month after the wii one to get hardcore zelda fans to just buy a wii if they wanna be the first to play it.

Why would nintendo a gaming friendly company who loves there fans hold back on releaqsing a finished zelda game that was promised for cube fans years ago?

Why would nintendo a gamin friendly company use an cheat there fanbases like cash receptors instead of ppl or gamers?

Fact - Nintendo held back on releasin smash bro brawl a game that has been done for a long time now an is slowly being fnneled new info on dojo site so that it wouldn't compete with mario galaxy an they could have a bigger window of cash flow on both titless

Why doesn'rt nintendo just release ther games when there done instead of makin up lies about the games not bein done either tell it how it is stop lying an makin up excuses for games that are already 100% complete if u want to spread them out SAY SO dont lie about it.

Fact - Nintendo pretended in e3 vids an stuff that the wii mote was going to be like a virtual reality motion sensor control but when ppl found it was gimicky an ppl could abuse it nintendo said they would try to fix it but never did and nintendo kept tryin to act like its better then it is when its all a big scam an lie an can be abused an is gimmicky an not true motion sensing

Why would a company need to lie to get false hype why cant it straight up say what things are an that its like a button controller but instead of pressin buttons u waggle which is nothin to do with motion sensing like nintendo claimed at e3?

Fact - Nintendo made link right handed in the wii version of the game an mirroered the whole game throwin everythin off just so they could appeal more to the casual americans who are predominately right hande.

Why would nintendo sacrifise link's integrity when he is known to be left handed an th euniverse was setup so that it wouldnt be mirrored an throws off towns an locations an gameplay at the expense of lettin right handed ppl see a hand slash like theres miyamato is left handed an invented link to be left handed...

Fact - Nintendo made up lies about fake shortages an problems with makin wii's fast enoguh when that type of technology is so old an easy to produce that is rediculous for any kind of shortage to happen an nintendo has been makin up these kind of bogus lies since th NES an SNES on games an systems nintendo never ever meets demand an awhiles produces units very slowly to create hype for there big games an systems, so they can go on news shows an get more meddia attention sayin if u dont buy it quick itll be sold out

Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts
*looks at avatar, ignores post knowing its filled with fanboy nonsense*
darkmario123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 darkmario123
Member since 2006 • 1156 Posts
Fact: Nintendo is a business and all businesses are motivated by money.
zeldarooles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 zeldarooles
Member since 2005 • 260 Posts
I will laugh at anyone who reads that whole post.
TurninTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TurninTricks
Member since 2007 • 535 Posts
You obviously don't understand the concept of business and marketing... it's strategic and those bastards at Nintendo really got their **** locked TIGHT... they may be crappy game developers but they are brilliant business men, they tricked 11 million people into buying their garbage WII, so they must be doing something right...
KillaHalo2o9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 KillaHalo2o9
Member since 2006 • 5305 Posts
Every company is after the money.
DRAGONPIECEZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DRAGONPIECEZ
Member since 2007 • 1463 Posts
MAN! YOU again? you make so many Wii bashing threads I don't think you have any more credibility on these boards...give it up
Erebyssial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Erebyssial
Member since 2007 • 2903 Posts

As a loyal gamer for the past 15 years i feel its my duty to show the gamers just what kind of crap ninendo has been doin to gamers

ProtossRushX

Y..You..You're older than 15?

O__________________O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Every company is after the money.KillaHalo2o9
sony is breakin even for ther gamers an microsoft is losin money for the gamers nintendo is the only one makin tons fo cash an money off gamers
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#11 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26098 Posts

1. Zelda was not complete one year before the Wii launched. In fact, it was very different on how it is now. The director said in the inteview said if they had released the game in that form, gamers would have complained.

2. Zelda was set to be released late 2006 after the delay, coincidentaly right when the Wii was going to launch. Nintendo preassured to have the game be compatible with the Wii, because it would be a bad move in terms of sales of the game if the game launched on Gamecube during the Wii's first year. They did the same thing with Super Mario RPG and it was a financial flop.

3. The Wiimote can do 1:1 motion sensor, as seen on Wii Sports Baseball. It's very possible, but developers are still looking for a reasonable way to implement it on an actual game.

4. 1.2 million consoles are selling a month. That is no shortage.

iamshivy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 iamshivy
Member since 2007 • 3565 Posts
fact/ i think nintendo got lame like half way in the N64 days..
Avatar image for slothboyadvance
slothboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 slothboyadvance
Member since 2003 • 12596 Posts

[QUOTE="KillaHalo2o9"]Every company is after the money.ProtossRushX
sony is breakin even for ther gamers an microsoft is losin money for the gamers nintendo is the only one makin tons fo cash an money off gamers

Sony has TVs, movies, entertainment centers, music, etc.

Microsoft has Windows, Zune, Software, etc.

Nintendo has absolutelynothing else to fall back on.

Do you see why Nintendo would be a bit more inclined to make a profit?

Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Tjeremiah1988

[QUOTE="KillaHalo2o9"]Every company is after the money.ProtossRushX

oh noez, teh horror!

Erebyssial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Erebyssial

Protoss. Give us some links to your "facts", which by the way thanks for posting because it's giving me a real laugh.

Here's a real fact: You fail at trying to bash the Wii.

Edit: Oh my god - I'm so sigging this:

Fact - Nintendo made link right handed in the wii version of the game an mirroered the whole game throwin everythin off just so they could appeal more to the casual americans who are predominately right hande.ProtossRushX

brb rofling all the way home

redmetal86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 redmetal86
Member since 2006 • 1123 Posts
oh god, why do you keep pressing the new topic button!?
Slurms_M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Slurms_M
Member since 2007 • 530 Posts
Your grammar sucks. "An" is only required when the next word doesn't have a consonant sound. I hate you.
Avatar image for thriteenthmonke
thriteenthmonke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 thriteenthmonke
Member since 2005 • 49823 Posts
[QUOTE="ProtossRushX"]

Erebyssial

Y..You..You're ol

der than 15?

O__________________O

No, he's only 14 1/2. He started gaming in the womb, because he's just that hardcore.

Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Tjeremiah1988
[QUOTE="Erebyssial"][QUOTE="ProtossRushX"]

thriteenthmonke

Y..You..You're ol

der than 15?

O__________________O

No, he's only 14 1/2. He started gaming in the womb, because he's just that hardcore.

i lol'd.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Willy105

fact/ i think nintendo got lame like half way in the N64 days.. iamshivy

Half way in the N64 days they released the highest rated game ever.

nyoroism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 nyoroism
Member since 2007 • 3778 Posts
Even if a lot of them about release dates and shortages are facts, they are extremely good marketing schemes. That can't be denied if true.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-60bf765068a74
guys i dont have any links to the facts cuz there all basically conspiracy's im not sayin NINTENDO is teh evil im just sayin dont u trust sony an microsoft a bit more then nintendo on a gamin level? they rnt tryin to make tons of cash there just tryin to make good games will play
nyoroism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 nyoroism
Member since 2007 • 3778 Posts
guys i dont have any links to the facts cuz there all basically conspiracy's im not sayin NINTENDO is teh evil im just sayin dont u trust sony an microsoft a bit more then nintendo on a gamin level? they rnt tryin to make tons of cash there just tryin to make good games will playProtossRushX
No, not really. Nintendo's doing excellent on their gaming front. Third parties, however, not as much.
Dahaka-UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Dahaka-UK
Member since 2005 • 6915 Posts

Fact: Nintendo is a business and all businesses are motivated by money. darkmario123

Which is a bad thing.

sonicmj1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#25 sonicmj1
Member since 2003 • 9130 Posts

guys i dont have any links to the facts cuz there all basically conspiracy's im not sayin NINTENDO is teh evil im just sayin dont u trust sony an microsoft a bit more then nintendo on a gamin level? they rnt tryin to make tons of cash there just tryin to make good games will playProtossRushX

Final Fantasy XIII is already done. Square's just waiting until the PS3 sells more units to release it.

I don't have any proof, because it's a conspiracy. But you should still believe me.

:roll:

haris12121212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 haris12121212
Member since 2004 • 7560 Posts
Wu told me, "Cash rules everything around me." Guess he was right. Money is the number 1 reason in this world, it goes in front of love, friendship, family and so on...
Erebyssial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Erebyssial

Meaning they're not facts. So why did you list them as facts...? Oh yeah, to make the Wii look crap without evidence. Just like all your threads.

t3hTwinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 t3hTwinky
Member since 2005 • 3701 Posts
:lol: :roll:
voxware00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 voxware00
Member since 2004 • 5018 Posts

how much of an ignorant fanboy do you have to be

to look at how publishers release games

and consider that some sort of inside conspiracy

you want them to release smash and mario within the same month? thats why nobody will hire you to publish their games...

honestly though, you shouldn't even have the right to speculate on the industry if you're this biased

all GOOD publishers try to find strategic timing for game releases... look at what nintendo has said about why they are releasing smash in the spring... it's generally a drought period, which means its a great time to release games that most people dont consider

why? because theyre too busy trying to make the holiday window for release... which in turn leads to way too many good games being released in a small period of time... then absolutely nothing for months

imagine if GTA4 released in nov when it was suppose to... gee and if games like uncharted, AC, and ME suddenly pushed back their release dates, would you consider that a greedy strategy also?

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Willy105

[QUOTE="darkmario123"]Fact: Nintendo is a business and all businesses are motivated by money. Dahaka-UK

Which is a bad thing.

That's how the world works.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-60bf765068a74

[QUOTE="ProtossRushX"]guys i dont have any links to the facts cuz there all basically conspiracy's im not sayin NINTENDO is teh evil im just sayin dont u trust sony an microsoft a bit more then nintendo on a gamin level? they rnt tryin to make tons of cash there just tryin to make good games will playsonicmj1

Final Fantasy XIII is already done. Square's just waiting until the PS3 sells more units to release it.

I don't have any proof, because it's a conspiracy. But you should still believe me.

KONAMI might bbe doin that with mgs4 but come on now FF13 couldnt possbily be almost done tht game is going to b e huge an thers just no way

like i said konami could b e bguilty of this but i dont think square would do it

Avatar image for ChinoJamesKeene
ChinoJamesKeene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ChinoJamesKeene
Member since 2003 • 1201 Posts

Poeple said this at launch, it didn't stop them.

I didn't owna cube and haven't had a console in 7 years and wanted to play Zelda. Now that i've got a Wiii feel slightly suckered but then i figure i don't console game enough to bother, plus i want that ninja game Vanillaware are working on.

Erebyssial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Erebyssial
[QUOTE="sonicmj1"]

[QUOTE="ProtossRushX"]guys i dont have any links to the facts cuz there all basically conspiracy's im not sayin NINTENDO is teh evil im just sayin dont u trust sony an microsoft a bit more then nintendo on a gamin level? they rnt tryin to make tons of cash there just tryin to make good games will playProtossRushX

KONAMI might bbe doin that with mgs4 but come on now FF13 couldnt possbily be almost done tht game is going to b e huge an thers just no way

like i said konami could b e bguilty of this but i dont think square would do it

See you're not even old enough to detect sarcasm

yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#34 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts

Lots of "facts" but no substantial proof to give them any wieght or value... :|

Anyways, for Zelda TP... who cares if it was done and ready but delayed for the Wii's release? The GC was dead anyways, and the game had a better chance of selling on a newer console known as the Wii.

The Wii shortage speal has no proof. If Wii is having it on purpose, why does the Wii still outsell every other console since launch? Hell the only month Wii failed to outsell the others, was on Halo's month... but only but a few thousand.

Link was right handed in the Wii version, OMG! what relevance does this have to anything stated and how does it show Nintendo lieing or not caring? Fact of the matter, the Wii version recieved the mirror treatment just so that it wouldn't feel awkward to gamers swinging the Wii remote, whom a majority held in their right hands. Every other Wii game pretty much does this if it doesn't ask you which hand you hold the Wii remote in.

jeffwulf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 jeffwulf
Member since 2004 • 1569 Posts
When does voting for fanboy of the year start? I nomitate the TC.
Khanezhyray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 Khanezhyray
Member since 2005 • 901 Posts

*makes a sheep response xD*

ZOMG NINTENDO CAN'T LIE! THEY LOVE US!

Nah, that post has only little substance in it. Not true "facts" like the TC says, but not all of it is wrong.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-60bf765068a74

GUYS IM just saying PC games dont do this kionda crap

BLIZZARD releases games when there ready they dont care what day it is or hat other games are comin out they give there games there all an put em out there ewhen there rdy to go

i just dont like all these cloudded stuff that nintendo does while PC developers an stuff work there best into there games an work for there fans not a console or a OS they work for there fans thats why ppl love blizzard an pay them 15 bux a month for wow

Popadophalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Popadophalis
Member since 2007 • 1587 Posts
:lol::lol: Everything I could have possibly wanted from a ProtossRushX thread and more! We should make a list of every quotable statement in his OP.
sonicmj1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#39 sonicmj1
Member since 2003 • 9130 Posts
[QUOTE="sonicmj1"]

[QUOTE="ProtossRushX"]guys i dont have any links to the facts cuz there all basically conspiracy's im not sayin NINTENDO is teh evil im just sayin dont u trust sony an microsoft a bit more then nintendo on a gamin level? they rnt tryin to make tons of cash there just tryin to make good games will playProtossRushX

Why not? They've been working on the game for years now. They could have started the project a year or two before FFXII came out. They do tend to do that with the Final Fantasy franchise, after all.

There are plenty of good reasons why a publisher would delay a complete game. Let me put this in terms that you'll understand.

Imagine if Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy XIII Versus were finished at the same time. Final Fantasy XIII is the next numbered FF, and it's giant and awesome and will sell tons of units. But XIII Versus has the greatest main character ever with a throne and Naruto eyes and stuff, so it also has the potential to sell a ton of units. But if they're released at the same time, people will only buy one FF game, because they're both so massive and incredible that there's no way someone could have time for both. So if they come out together, they won't sell as well as they should, and not as many people will be able to experience their perfection.

Do you think Square will release them together, or will they delay FFXIII Versus a few months so they both have their time in the limelight.

SOTE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SOTE
Member since 2004 • 3398 Posts
I just saw lines and then i got ADD
Blommen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Blommen
Member since 2003 • 1337 Posts
[QUOTE="Dahaka-UK"]

[QUOTE="darkmario123"]Fact: Nintendo is a business and all businesses are motivated by money. Willy105

Which is a bad thing.

That's how the world works.

Nothing more needs to be said in this topic. Everybody with just a touch of intelligence knows this but still countless threads are created everyday on sw proclaiming one company more "evil" than the other. Just stop it.

LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 LINKloco
Member since 2004 • 14514 Posts
Your right. I'm done with Nintendo.:lol:
Avatar image for ThePostalWorker
ThePostalWorker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ThePostalWorker
Member since 2006 • 839 Posts
FACT - Bears eat beets.
jdp0412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 jdp0412
Member since 2004 • 264 Posts

You can't seriously believe MS and Sony are "just tryin to make good games will play "....

Atleast I hope not...MS and Sony only sell their consoles at losses to start with to get an installed base on which to build with the games. It is a long term plan to make money, not a long term plan to just put out good games. Of course all 3 companies know that without the good games there is no money to be had.

glitchgeeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#46 glitchgeeman
Member since 2005 • 5638 Posts

You do realize that the person in your sig is correct, right? I've beaten Halo 3 on legendary and Gears on Insane, but I have yet to beat Trauma Center on the Wii on its hardest difficulty. The game is completely insane on that level.

Back to the actual topic,I'm sure you already know thatno one will take you seriously without "teh links" which you obviously don't have because you made up all those "Facts."

LazerChachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 LazerChachi
Member since 2006 • 345 Posts

FACT - Bears eat beets.ThePostalWorker

Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.

Nintendo_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#48 Nintendo_Man
Member since 2003 • 19733 Posts

All were great moves by Nintendo.

Most people in the world are right handed, where on Earth did you get American casuals being right handed. You obviously had nothing good to put to agree with your comment.

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts

As a loyal gamer for the past 15 years

ProtossRushX

Stopped reading right there and already I feel I wasted my time with this worthless thread. Seriously man. Its a game system. Get over it.