Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Announced for the PS3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sikanderahmed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#551 sikanderahmed
Member since 2007 • 5444 Posts

Good thing i didnt get NG2 for 360, deffo gonna get sigma 2

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#552 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts

I don't want to have to look through every page of that forum and every page here. Does anyone have a decent resolution scan of the article? Not that I doubt the validity, I just want to read the particulars myself.

Articuno76

Link

Asim90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#553 Asim90
Member since 2005 • 3692 Posts

[QUOTE="Asim90"]

I wonder if it will be 1080p 60FPS like the first Sigma was.

ZimpanX

Except it was rendered at 720p, and NGII for the 360 was rendered at a res lower than 720p but with 2xAA.

So let's hope for a 720p native resolution this time :P

Ah, I just checked the back of the box and you seem to be right. I stand corrected, although heres still hoping for 60FPS!

HuusAsking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#554 HuusAsking
Member since 2006 • 15270 Posts

I don't want to have to look through every page of that forum and every page here. Does anyone have a decent resolution scan of the article? Not that I doubt the validity, I just want to read the particulars myself.

Articuno76
Can you read Japanese? The original source of all the buzz is Famitsu.
MightyMuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#555 MightyMuna
Member since 2008 • 1766 Posts
also, does anyone think there will be patch for DualShock support and maybe Trophies(dont really care) for the original NinjaGaiden Σ?
killerwsyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#556 killerwsyan
Member since 2008 • 179 Posts

OMG! THATS AWESOME!!

so many ps3 exclusives this year and after !!!!!

this is sure this year ganna be the ps3 year ;D

ZimpanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#557 ZimpanX
Member since 2005 • 12636 Posts

although heres still hoping for 60FPS!

Asim90

Yeah I'm hoping for 60fps at all times too as the 360 version suffered from frame-rate issues.

Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#558 Episode_Eve
Member since 2004 • 16986 Posts
also, does anyone think there will be patch for DualShock support and maybe Trophies(dont really care) for the original NinjaGaiden Σ?MightyMuna
I doubt it. Team Ninja would probably respond with: "We're focusing our resources on finishing Sigma 2, which will have rumble and trophies."
Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#559 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts

[QUOTE="Articuno76"]

HuusAsking

Can you read Japanese? The original source of all the buzz is Famitsu.

Yes. For the most part I can. I am actually in Japan at the moment but the bus service in this area is...infrequent to say the least and I'm miles from any real shops so I can't go and buy the magazine in person all that easily.

"昨年発売された「NINJA GAIDEN2」が、プレイステーション3に移植されるぞ!"

Pretty much sums it up.

nZiFFLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#560 nZiFFLe
Member since 2009 • 1481 Posts
fix issues from 360 version, and i might consider getting it.
lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#561 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18042 Posts
also, does anyone think there will be patch for DualShock support and maybe Trophies(dont really care) for the original NinjaGaiden Σ?MightyMuna
Yeah, never. :| They're busy making the sequel so I most honnestly doubt they'll ever go back to sigma. If anything they'll release a patch on NG2 since it is fairly recent but then again I still have my doubts.
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#562 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts
Technically speaking Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 is not NG2, I mean the 360 version was published by MS so why would MS allow it to got to PS3 when they funded the project and whatnot. Sigma 2 is a sequal to the 1st NGS so in theory we get an exclusive while NG2 on the 360 is still an exclusive to the 360, nobody loses :D
Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#563 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts
Technically speaking Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 is not NG2, I mean the 360 version was published by MS so why would MS allow it to got to PS3 when they funded the project and whatnot. Sigma 2 is a sequal to the 1st NGS so in theory we get an exclusive while NG2 on the 360 is still an exclusive to the 360, nobody loses :DSwift_Boss_A
I'm not quite sure I follow the logic here... Legally, you might possibly be correct, but for all intents and purposes NG∑2 will be an upgraded port of NG2 on Xbox. What would truly be lulzworthy though, would be if NG∑2 somehow managed to get a 9.0. Highly unlikely sure, but could you imagine the uproar it would cause on this board if it happened? :lol:
EPaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#564 EPaul
Member since 2006 • 9917 Posts

Technically speaking Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 is not NG2, I mean the 360 version was published by MS so why would MS allow it to got to PS3 when they funded the project and whatnot. Sigma 2 is a sequal to the 1st NGS so in theory we get an exclusive while NG2 on the 360 is still an exclusive to the 360, nobody loses :DSwift_Boss_A

Don't you remember what happened with the first NGS, there was a huge debate about it being an exclusive and in the end to was not regarded as an AAAE

Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#565 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts
Even if NG∑2 is considered an exclusive, it doesn't mean anything because that means that the Xbox 360 NG2 is still an exclusive. Either way it levels the exclusive field by one game, and unless the PS3 version gets a AAA score it's not really going to matter a lot in the grand scheme of things. The big thing that I'm celebrating though, is just being able to play a superior version of a game that I thought I was never going to get to play. I loved NG∑, and getting an upgraded version of NG2 is something to be happy about, AAAE or not. It also means that unequivocally, the PS3 is the best system on the market for hack n' slash games. Devil May Cry 4 Heavenly Sword God of War 3 Ninja Gaiden ∑ Ninja Gaiden ∑ 2 Dante's Inferno That's a whole lot of hacking and slashing to be had for one system! :D
ski11buzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#566 ski11buzz
Member since 2003 • 2117 Posts

I beat sigma on hard. The ending is pretty tough to beat because you have to go through the tower and 2 bosses without being able to buy any more items for murumasa. but, after much frustration i got it. Im about 1/3 or 1/4 way through very hard - that **** is tough

ski11buzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#567 ski11buzz
Member since 2003 • 2117 Posts

[QUOTE="Swift_Boss_A"]Technically speaking Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 is not NG2, I mean the 360 version was published by MS so why would MS allow it to got to PS3 when they funded the project and whatnot. Sigma 2 is a sequal to the 1st NGS so in theory we get an exclusive while NG2 on the 360 is still an exclusive to the 360, nobody loses :DEPaul

Don't you remember what happened with the first NGS, there was a huge debate about it being an exclusive and in the end to was not regarded as an AAAE

i guess if you live by SW rules

XturnalS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#568 XturnalS
Member since 2004 • 5020 Posts

Even if NG∑2 is considered an exclusive, it doesn't mean anything because that means that the Xbox 360 NG2 is still an exclusive. Either way it levels the exclusive field by one game, and unless the PS3 version gets a AAA score it's not really going to matter a lot in the grand scheme of things. The big thing that I'm celebrating though, is just being able to play a superior version of a game that I thought I was never going to get to play. I loved NG∑, and getting an upgraded version of NG2 is something to be happy about, AAAE or not. It also means that unequivocally, the PS3 is the best system on the market for hack n' slash games. Devil May Cry 4 Heavenly Sword God of War 3 Ninja Gaiden ∑ Ninja Gaiden ∑ 2 Dante's Inferno That's a whole lot of hacking and slashing to be had for one system! :DTimstuff

damn forgot about HS and Dante, also Bayonetta.

Looks like the PS3 is home to the best hack and slash games.

WardCleaver02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#569 WardCleaver02
Member since 2007 • 1559 Posts

The Famitsu scan clearly states that "The NG game that appeared on the 360 last year is coming to the PS3!" It must be for legal reasons that they refer to it as "NG Sigma 2", and not "NG 2 Sigma".

To the the poster who wrote"NG 2 moving to PS3!" in Japanese, be careful: posting in a language other than English is a violation of the TOS.