Next-gen console controller wars (master race watches)

• 85 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for NationProtector
NationProtector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#51 NationProtector
Member since 2013 • 1609 Posts
I- I can't believe it. Sniff, it's so touching. The first thread the Xbox has won in 3 years.
Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts
Only a window licker would say the touch pad on the PS4 controller is a gimmick.... has practical implecations for u.i and gestures.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

I would argue that the clickable touchpad on the ds4 is not its gimmick, that the useless light that adds PS move functions is the true gimmick It offers nothing to the controller and I see no worthwhile use for it on the controller or in games. The touchpad on the otherhand seems a worthwhile addition and can see many uses for it in games.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46650 Posts

The 360 controller was by far my favourite controller of this gen. And the Xbone controller will improve the things that were wrong with it (like adding a better D-pad) so probably that one.

But nobody can say for sure unless they have tried all controllers and held them in their hands.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46650 Posts

Jeezus that's the biggest ripoff of a controller I've EVER seen.  Exactly like the X1 pad.

GOGOGOGURT

You must be joking right ?

That or you are 13 and don't know your history of controllers.

segadreamcastcontroller.gif

xbox+comparison.jpg

SNES_Controller.jpg

button_layout.jpg

Controllers rip off other controllers constantly. That's what makes them so great: they take the best features from other controllers.

Avatar image for xMessiahbolical
xMessiahbolical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 xMessiahbolical
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Playing shooters on this pad will still be problematic due to the un-ergonomic analog stick positions.nameless12345
lolwut? :lol: I'd love to see your hilarious explanation for this.
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

Wii-U Pro Controller > Wii-U gamepad >>> those fugly PS4 and XB1 controllers.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#58 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Xbox One - Unneccesary change to an already amazing Controller.

PS4 - Unneccesary change to an already amazing Controller.

WiiU - It has a screen. If you're talking about Pro though, finally a controller better than the Gamecube.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 WilliamRLBaker

WiiU - It has a screen. If you're talking about Pro though, finally a controller better than the Gamecube.

LegatoSkyheart
........ the new dpad and better ergonomics were an unnecessary change?
Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

I don't know, but I'm mainly hoping that the X1 controller will be good to use and comfortable since I will be using it for PC. If DS4 also supports PC, that'd be great.

I don't like the touch surface on the DS4. Such a gimmick.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 LegatoSkyheart

[QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

WilliamRLBaker

Never found the 360 pad to be bad. I could play P4 Arena and Braid normally with it.

It was better than the PS3 controller.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52452 Posts
Don't know, haven't used them.SaltyMeatballs
Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts
ill wait till i have them in my hands
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 WilliamRLBaker

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"][QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

LegatoSkyheart

Never found the 360 pad to be bad. I could play P4 Arena and Braid normally with it.

It was better than the PS3 controller.

Super_disbelief_gif.gif

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts
Xbox One. The Xbox 360 controller is already the greatest controller of all time with it's only fault being the d-pad. Now, the Xbox One controller is keeping everything that makes the 360 controller amazing and improving the d-pad. I have always hated the Playstation controllers; they are too small to hold comfortably in my hands, have horrible triggers, and the analog stick is in the wrong position. The PS4 controller definitely looks like it will be a big improvement over previous Playstation controllers with it being larger and having improved triggers, but they still have the analog stick in the wrong position.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

Well, From what weve seen and told, I think the PS4 controller might be the more impressive, and with the most possible functionality.

I do like the X1 controller, but from what weve been told, it has little improvement over the 360, th efeedback in the triggers so far seems to have been hit and miss, but it might not have had working software, and the fewest of us have had any real hands on with either.

The Wii U controller, simply hits me as an overall bad idea, just like I find the notion of smartglass a bad idea. That said, Nintendo allready proved that some games and gamemodes works well on that controller. It is just too big, and too unpleasent to hold for me.

moistsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 moistsandwich
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I like them all... won't be able to say which one I like better til I use them all.

DarkGamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 DarkGamer007
Member since 2008 • 6033 Posts

[QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"]

[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"]Don't know, haven't used them.GOGOGOGURT

Same but currently I would say the Wii U Pro Controller since it is sort of like the 360 Controller but with a better d-pad and 80 hours of battery life.

Jeezus that's the biggest ripoff of a controller I've EVER seen.  Exactly like the X1 pad.

Good thing the Wii-U Pro Controller was annouced over a year before the Xbox One's controller was ever revealed.

lockjaw333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 lockjaw333
Member since 2003 • 1743 Posts
For me, Sony's base controller design will always be inferior to Microsoft's due to the analog stick placement. MS's stick placement is more ergonomic and is much better for shooters. The DS4 still has the same stick placement which I hate...my thumbs constantly knock into eachother. DS4 definitely looks like an improvement on DS3, but the X1 controller looks almost perfect. Also, dat trigger feedback. Gonna be awesome.
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 LegatoSkyheart

*picture*

WilliamRLBaker

It's really not a bad D-Pad I've had much worse.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 WilliamRLBaker

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]

*picture*

LegatoSkyheart

It's really not a bad D-Pad I've had much worse.

its the worst dpad of the 7th generation and I would say the 6th generation as well especially on a 1st party product.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 WilliamRLBaker
For me, Sony's base controller design will always be inferior to Microsoft's due to the analog stick placement. MS's stick placement is more ergonomic and is much better for shooters. The DS4 still has the same stick placement which I hate...my thumbs constantly knock into eachother. DS4 definitely looks like an improvement on DS3, but the X1 controller looks almost perfect. Also, dat trigger feedback. Gonna be awesome.lockjaw333
you wont have to worry about that with the ds4 they've extended the controller length and the thumbsticks have been moved more towards the handholds.
Szminsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Szminsky
Member since 2005 • 1471 Posts

Dualshock 4.

Seems like a huge leap from the PS3 controller which i found a bit uncomfortable on the triggers. The X1 controller looks same old, nothing special at all except the triggers which are supposed to have individual rumble motors... which is cool, but the d-pad looks horrible as ever.

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#74 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

"Playing shooters on this pad will still be problematic due to the un-ergonomic analog stick positions."

That is so BS its not even funny... Your hands are symmetrical. I can't stand using that asymmetrical crap , it doesn't feel right.. TC is biased as hell too, its all subjective on how you like the controller... and talking about gimmicks..yeah..ok... rumble in triggers is gimmick too, but he doesn't even mention that....

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#75 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts
For me, Sony's base controller design will always be inferior to Microsoft's due to the analog stick placement. MS's stick placement is more ergonomic and is much better for shooters. The DS4 still has the same stick placement which I hate...my thumbs constantly knock into eachother. DS4 definitely looks like an improvement on DS3, but the X1 controller looks almost perfect. Also, dat trigger feedback. Gonna be awesome.lockjaw333
Where does this "My thumbs lock" crap come from? Have you even used one? I don't know a single person who has this "issue". The first I heard of it was this gen when 360 came out and the xbot army was on the prowl. Meaning why was this never mentioned in the ps1/ps2 gen? Also how the funk are you holding the controller if it does that. ...My guess is you are holding it in some weird way.
Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#76 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
I'll say Xbox One Controller. Can't wait to buy one for my PC.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 WilliamRLBaker
[QUOTE="lockjaw333"]For me, Sony's base controller design will always be inferior to Microsoft's due to the analog stick placement. MS's stick placement is more ergonomic and is much better for shooters. The DS4 still has the same stick placement which I hate...my thumbs constantly knock into eachother. DS4 definitely looks like an improvement on DS3, but the X1 controller looks almost perfect. Also, dat trigger feedback. Gonna be awesome.Midnightshade29
Where does this "My thumbs lock" crap come from? Have you even used one? I don't know a single person who has this "issue". The first I heard of it was this gen when 360 came out and the xbot army was on the prowl. Meaning why was this never mentioned in the ps1/ps2 gen? Also how the funk are you holding the controller if it does that. ...My guess is you are holding it in some weird way.

HERE HE COMES TO SAVE THE DAY!!
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 WilliamRLBaker

"Playing shooters on this pad will still be problematic due to the un-ergonomic analog stick positions." Midnightshade29

That is so BS its not even funny... Your hands are symmetrical. I can't stand using that asymmetrical crap , it doesn't feel right.. TC is biased as hell too, its all subjective on how you like the controller... and talking about gimmicks..yeah..ok... rumble in triggers is gimmick too, but he doesn't even mention that....

Says its all subjective, tries to pass off stuff as fact based upon symmetrical concepts and asymmetrical concpets.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 WilliamRLBaker

Post it in here as well as pm'd it to nameless.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DualShock#DualShock_4

ds4 stats and info.

aS147t9.gif

the ds4 is quite a bit bigger in all dimensions than the ds3, and it is infact bigger than the xbox dOne controller.

Granny_Spanked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Granny_Spanked
Member since 2013 • 1341 Posts
Xbox One looks kinds bulky, wouldn't vote until I've tried them both.
Avatar image for JohanHeggsBeard
JohanHeggsBeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 JohanHeggsBeard
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Based on appearances (since I can't actually hold them), I would have to say the X1 controller, but I have never been a fan of Playstation controllers.
Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#82 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
it would be pretty awesome if you could use the glowy psmove part of the ds4 to navigate an internet browser. Maybe even combine it with a kinect-style voice command system.
Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#83 Kinthalis
Member since 2002 • 5503 Posts

I'm acutally looking forward to picking up both for my PC. It looks like Sony is releasing drivers for PC day one. And of course microsoft is doing the same.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 WilliamRLBaker

I cant find dimensions for the xbox dOne controller for some reason does any one know where to find em?

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts
Was going to vote for the last option just to keep representing the master race, but oh well I do like controllers for some games So I voted for the X1 pad, if Microgreedz did something well thats gotta be the x1 pad, honestly the ds4 looks cheap when compared to the x1's, not saying that it sucks, just looks cheap
Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

I'm acutally looking forward to picking up both for my PC. It looks like Sony is releasing drivers for PC day one. And of course microsoft is doing the same.

Kinthalis
DO you have a source for this? would be interesting if sony officially supports the DS4 for PC