New Uncharted 2 screens!!!

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Blommen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Blommen
Member since 2003 • 1337 Posts

Look at these beauties:shock:

http://www.destructoid.com/elephant/photo-m.phtml?post_key=118963

What do you think? I think they look pretty damn good for a console title, let the hype begin!

milsvaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 milsvaard
Member since 2003 • 1928 Posts
I've seen these before and they are nice.
stvee101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 stvee101
Member since 2006 • 2953 Posts

PR bull-shots.

But impresive PR bull-shots nonetheless.

Could Uncharted 2 actually rival KZ2 in the graphics dept?

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts
Looks great to me.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
Nice. Hopefully the game holds up well. I never got into the first too much, but I will try again later when its cheaper and maybe give the second one a go.
Blommen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Blommen
Member since 2003 • 1337 Posts

PR bull-shots.

stvee101

Yeah but it is impossible to get a fair representation of a game by screens anyway.

McdonaIdsGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 McdonaIdsGuy
Member since 2008 • 3046 Posts
meh old bullshots.
Eyezonmii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Eyezonmii
Member since 2008 • 2145 Posts

PR bull-shots.

stvee101
Relax, PR shots only have AA differences, so PR shots do look sharper with less jags. The detail is all there, that won't change. Hell, Uncharted 1 is proof. If anyone can pull it off its Naughty dog. People need to stop using these PR shots excuses, they are ACTUAL shots of the game, they arn't CGI or BS. Learn the difference.
longshotgir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 longshotgir
Member since 2007 • 401 Posts
Meh,doesn't look THAT good. Killzone 2, Resident Evil 5, Gears and riddick crap all over it imo.
Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

Bull shots or not, I am sure U2 will look amazing once released, the 1st game in the series is still in my top 3 best looking games on consoles.. (and its not in 3rd place :P )

stvee101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 stvee101
Member since 2006 • 2953 Posts
[QUOTE="stvee101"]

PR bull-shots.

Eyezonmii

Relax, PR shots only have AA differences, so PR shots do look sharper with less jags. The detail is all there, that won't change. Hell, Uncharted 1 is proof. If anyone can pull it off its Naughty dog. People need to stop using these PR shots excuses, they are ACTUAL shots of the game, they arn't CGI or BS. Learn the difference.

I'm not bashing.Uncharted is still one of the best looking console games available imo,and I'm sure ND will try to top it with the sequel.

But those pictures have more than just AA added imo.I may be wrong,but they seem to have added extra texture and lighting to those pics.Although I've no doubt the game will be stunner when its released.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44071 Posts
Fine but they should worry less about making the visuals better then the first and instead concentrate on making the game with online co-op in mind unless that is already done.
Eyezonmii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Eyezonmii
[QUOTE="Eyezonmii"][QUOTE="stvee101"]

PR bull-shots.

stvee101

I'm not bashing.Uncharted is still one of the best looking console games available imo,and I'm sure ND will try to top it with the sequel.

But those pictures have more than just AA added imo.I may be wrong,but they seem to have added extra texture and lighting to those pics.Although I've no doubt the game will be stunner when its released.

ND never have lied with previous titles, hell there shots of uncharted before the game was out was LIVED UP TOO and the final result looks better...If anyone can trust a developer and there game its them, among a few others.
Eyezonmii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Eyezonmii
Fine but they should worry less about making the visuals better then the first and instead concentrate on making the game with online co-op in mind unless that is already done.SecretPolice
the game just doesn't fit in well with co-op....some games should be a single player experience and that's something uncharted does good. He is more of a solo hero, rather than your typical marine buddy shooters. I think it would be pointless. Rather have them worry about a compeling story and gameplay.
Avatar image for Einhanderkiller
Einhanderkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 Einhanderkiller
Member since 2003 • 13259 Posts
[QUOTE="stvee101"]

PR bull-shots.

Eyezonmii

Does Gears of War 2 look like this http://image.gamespotcdn.com/gamespot/images/2008/307/938611_20081104_screen028.jpg this http://image.gamespotcdn.com/gamespot/images/2008/288/938611_20081015_screen036.jpg or this? http://image.gamespotcdn.com/gamespot/images/2008/307/938611_20081104_screen023.jpg Uncharted 2 will be a good looking game, just don't expect it to look as good as these screenshots.
Eddie5vs1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Eddie5vs1
Member since 2004 • 6085 Posts
[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]Fine but they should worry less about making the visuals better then the first and instead concentrate on making the game with online co-op in mind unless that is already done.Eyezonmii
the game just doesn't fit in well with co-op....some games should be a single player experience and that's something uncharted does good. He is more of a solo hero, rather than your typical marine buddy shooters. I think it would be pointless. Rather have them worry about a compeling story and gameplay.

Loved the first one, can't wait for the second. Hopefully when the second one comes out I can pick up the first one cheap...but not in those red boxes. On a side note that's pretty damn disgusting that he's still wearing the same clothes from over a year ago. :P
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SecretPolice
[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]Fine but they should worry less about making the visuals better then the first and instead concentrate on making the game with online co-op in mind unless that is already done.Eyezonmii

Certainly Game-play then story come first but no offence to you but when I hear that I think it's a cop-out as even RPG's are doing co-op this gen and IMO, Uncharted should top the list of games that would benefit greatly from the Inclusion of a full campaign co-op mode.
sillaris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 sillaris
Member since 2008 • 1083 Posts
u gotta admit 360 can't graphically compete with PS3 exclusives. None of its games can beat MGS4, KZ2, or uncharted1/2
lusitanogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lusitanogamer
Member since 2006 • 9338 Posts
These aren't exactly "new". Thanks for the post anyway.
Eyezonmii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Eyezonmii
[QUOTE="Eyezonmii"][QUOTE="stvee101"]

PR bull-shots.

Einhanderkiller

Does Gears of War 2 look like this http://image.gamespotcdn.com/gamespot/images/2008/307/938611_20081104_screen028.jpg this http://image.gamespotcdn.com/gamespot/images/2008/288/938611_20081015_screen036.jpg or this? http://image.gamespotcdn.com/gamespot/images/2008/307/938611_20081104_screen023.jpg Uncharted 2 will be a good looking game, just don't expect it to look as good as these screenshots.

well done comparing Epic with ND...btw, that last shot is correct, it just has added AA, and makes detail stick out more...if you've PLAYED that level in Gears 2 its JUST AS DETAILED. the first 2 shots arn't even gameplay or realtime...lol. Whats uncharted 2 shows is gameplay and in-games stuff....clearly the first 2 shots of those gears 2 screens aren't real. lol
McdonaIdsGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 McdonaIdsGuy
u gotta admit 360 can't graphically compete with PS3 exclusives. None of its games can beat MGS4, KZ2, or uncharted1/2sillaris
Sure dude you keep telling yourself that..i won't make it real if you keep saying it.
JunkTrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 JunkTrap
Member since 2006 • 2640 Posts
I 2nd that there's just AA added to the image. I can't recall how the first uncharted looked but this looks good because the images have been cleaned up or downsizing the images usually decreases aliasing issues.
Eyezonmii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Eyezonmii
[QUOTE="sillaris"]u gotta admit 360 can't graphically compete with PS3 exclusives. None of its games can beat MGS4, KZ2, or uncharted1/2McdonaIdsGuy
Sure dude you keep telling yourself that..i won't make it real if you keep saying it.

Think real hard, only thing Gears 2 does over MGS4 is Textures, Uncharted is equal on that side plus more due to better models. K2 just wipes the floor with Gears 2 overall according to many previews/reviews...MGS4 smacks it and gives it the middle finger concerning character detail. Unreal engine is great tool for distant object, zoom it in and it shows its floors.... http://kineticninja.blogspot.com/2009/01/naughty-dog-realtime-graphics-and.html
Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Episode_Eve
Member since 2004 • 16986 Posts
[QUOTE="McdonaIdsGuy"][QUOTE="sillaris"]u gotta admit 360 can't graphically compete with PS3 exclusives. None of its games can beat MGS4, KZ2, or uncharted1/2Eyezonmii

Think real hard, only thing Gears 2 does over MGS4 is Textures, Uncharted is equal on that side plus more due to better models. K2 just wipes the floor with Gears 2 overall according to many previews/reviews...MGS4 smacks it and gives it the middle finger concerning character detail. Unreal engine is great tool for distant object, zoom it in and it shows its floors.... http://kineticninja.blogspot.com/2009/01/naughty-dog-realtime-graphics-and.html

I think U2 will make many a believer (if KZ2 hasn't for some odd reason). KZ2 does EVERYTHING well graphically. It excels in areas that are mostly overlooked or taken for granted. I'm glad GG didn't focus only on textures (even though they are crisp and hi-res).
obamanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 obamanian
Member since 2008 • 3351 Posts
These screens are very old, and bullshots, since they are downscaled from some huge 2500x1600 resolution
navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#27 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17427 Posts
[QUOTE="Eyezonmii"][QUOTE="McdonaIdsGuy"] Sure dude you keep telling yourself that..i won't make it real if you keep saying it.Episode_Eve

I think U2 will make many a believer (if KZ2 hasn't for some odd reason). KZ2 does EVERYTHING well graphically. It excels in areas that are mostly overlooked or taken for granted. I'm glad GG didn't focus only on textures (even though they are crisp and hi-res).

Killzone 2 and hi-res textures??? :lol: come on man lol, have you played the beta??
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts
Uncharted is one of my favorite games this gen. This looks to be even better. What's not to like?
Benevolentbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 97

#29 Benevolentbob
Member since 2007 • 1178 Posts

Meh,doesn't look THAT good. Killzone 2, Resident Evil 5, Gears and riddick crap all over it imo.longshotgir

I agree with this guy, those screenshots don't impress me all that much. Oh and drake or whatever his name is looks like a plastic figurine.

longshotgir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 longshotgir
Member since 2007 • 401 Posts
Oh come on :| you guys really think this looks great? Imo it fails to impress me.. And to eyezonmii.. Seriously wtf? Gears 2 destroys mgs and uncharted. And it holds pretty well againt kz2. To me, technically, gears 2 beats it, but kz's look is more appealing. Also you don't know what's coming from MS. Best looking games last gen may make their way to this one (conker, unreal championship). If they do im pretty sure they WILL destroy anything on consoles. We dont know what MS has for this year. And so far the BEST looking console game is Alan Wake.
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts
I wanna see gameplay before I give thoughts about its graphics.
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#32 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Except for the fact that they are single shots, rendered much larger than their target resolution, then shrunk to elimiate jaggied edges, they are still good.

Don't worry, nearly every big graphical game does that in its early stages.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#33 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts
[QUOTE="Episode_Eve"][QUOTE="Eyezonmii"] Think real hard, only thing Gears 2 does over MGS4 is Textures, Uncharted is equal on that side plus more due to better models. K2 just wipes the floor with Gears 2 overall according to many previews/reviews...MGS4 smacks it and gives it the middle finger concerning character detail. Unreal engine is great tool for distant object, zoom it in and it shows its floors.... http://kineticninja.blogspot.com/2009/01/naughty-dog-realtime-graphics-and.htmlnavyguy21

Killzone 2 and hi-res textures??? :lol: come on man lol, have you played the beta??

Have you read the preivews? Every one has said that the final version gets basically redone textures.
McdonaIdsGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 McdonaIdsGuy
[QUOTE="McdonaIdsGuy"][QUOTE="sillaris"]u gotta admit 360 can't graphically compete with PS3 exclusives. None of its games can beat MGS4, KZ2, or uncharted1/2Eyezonmii

Think real hard, only thing Gears 2 does over MGS4 is Textures, Uncharted is equal on that side plus more due to better models.

Geow2 has more than just textures over MGS4 and Uncharted... what about the level of detail,better physics,destructible enviroments,bigger scale and more enemies on the screeen..
McdonaIdsGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 McdonaIdsGuy
[QUOTE="Episode_Eve"][QUOTE="Eyezonmii"][QUOTE="McdonaIdsGuy"] Sure dude you keep telling yourself that..i won't make it real if you keep saying it.

And let me guess you're one of those guys thinking that x360 can't pull off a game like KZ2? :roll:
TheOddQuantum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 TheOddQuantum
Member since 2008 • 2472 Posts
Looks good to me.
NinjaMunkey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 NinjaMunkey01
Member since 2007 • 7485 Posts
[QUOTE="Episode_Eve"][QUOTE="Eyezonmii"] Think real hard, only thing Gears 2 does over MGS4 is Textures, Uncharted is equal on that side plus more due to better models. K2 just wipes the floor with Gears 2 overall according to many previews/reviews...MGS4 smacks it and gives it the middle finger concerning character detail. Unreal engine is great tool for distant object, zoom it in and it shows its floors.... http://kineticninja.blogspot.com/2009/01/naughty-dog-realtime-graphics-and.htmlMcdonaIdsGuy

And let me guess you're one of those guys thinking that x360 can't pull off a game like KZ2? :roll:

Well lets look at the evidence here... The 360 has been out for a year longer than the ps3 MS has more money to invest in better games The 360 is supposed to be easier to develop for At the end of the day I think its clear the ps3 will produce the best graphics, who knows if the 360 will get a game as good looking as KZ2, but righht now the evidence suggests otherwise, I would like to be proven wrong, if MS matched it then sony would work hard to one up that game, then MS would and so on, but I doubt that KZ2 is possible on the 360, for starters its way too big for DVD...
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SecretPolice
[QUOTE="Eyezonmii"][QUOTE="McdonaIdsGuy"] Sure dude you keep telling yourself that..i won't make it real if you keep saying it.McdonaIdsGuy
Think real hard, only thing Gears 2 does over MGS4 is Textures, Uncharted is equal on that side plus more due to better models.

Geow2 has more than just textures over MGS4 and Uncharted... what about the level of detail,better physics,destructible enviroments,bigger scale and more enemies on the screeen..

Not to mention that the visuals take a hit when doing a on & off line co-op mode through the entire one player campaign and Halo 3 does a 4 player co-op. I'd rather a bit less WOW in the visuals if co-op is there. -Seems when Uncharted & MGS4 are compared to other games, that never gets recognized here for some strange reason. :P
AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
Wish they'd stop putting the depth of field blur everywhere in those pics.
Avatar image for deactivated-652663614c5e5
deactivated-652663614c5e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-652663614c5e5
Member since 2005 • 2271 Posts
im really hyped up for this game!
thegoldenpoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 thegoldenpoo
Member since 2005 • 5136 Posts
Meh, bull-shots from an early code tell us practically nothing.
McdonaIdsGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 McdonaIdsGuy

Well lets look at the evidence here...

The 360 has been out for a year longer than the ps3

Being longer doesn't mean jack..its all about developers choice if they want to push a console or not..and if those developers are talent enough and have time to do it..

MS has more money to invest in better games

MS=/=Sony,MS has a different vision now when it comes to games..they know they have a powerfull hardware and they still sell millions of software/Hardware without the need to push the console.. unlike sony that need to live up their promises to move consoles and sell software which still doesn't help them at all

The 360 is supposed to be easier to develop for

Again is about developers choice..not all devs take 4 + years to make a game..

At the end of the day I think its clear the ps3 will produce the best graphics, who knows if the 360 will get a game as good looking as KZ2, but righht now the evidence suggests otherwise, I would like to be proven wrong, if MS matched it then sony would work hard to one up that game, then MS would and so on, but I doubt that KZ2 is possible on the 360, for starters its way too big for DVD...

Well if KZ2 does have an impact when it comes to sell software and hardware..then MS might have a reason to counter back..but right now they don't have a reason,but sony has to;), ''you doubt'' but did you know that real developers don't say that a game like KZ2 is not possible on xbox360? the size means jack and the 360 can install games now..GTAIV is bigger than KZ2 and fits on a DVD..NinjaMunkey01

Red me.
NinjaMunkey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 NinjaMunkey01
Member since 2007 • 7485 Posts
[QUOTE="NinjaMunkey01"]

Well lets look at the evidence here...

The 360 has been out for a year longer than the ps3

Being longer doesn't mean jack..its all about developers choice if they want to push a console or not..and if those developers are talent enough and have time to do it..

MS has more money to invest in better games

MS=/=Sony,MS has a different vision now when it comes to games..they know they have a powerfull hardware and they still sell millions of software/Hardware without the need to push the console.. unlike sony that need to live up their promises to move consoles and sell software which still doesn't help them at all

The 360 is supposed to be easier to develop for

Again is about developers choice..not all devs take 4 + years to make a game..

At the end of the day I think its clear the ps3 will produce the best graphics, who knows if the 360 will get a game as good looking as KZ2, but righht now the evidence suggests otherwise, I would like to be proven wrong, if MS matched it then sony would work hard to one up that game, then MS would and so on, but I doubt that KZ2 is possible on the 360, for starters its way too big for DVD...

Well if KZ2 does have an impact when it comes to sell software and hardware..then MS might have a reason to counter back..but right now they don't have a reason,but sony has to;), ''you doubt'' but did you know that real developers don't say that a game like KZ2 is not possible on xbox360? the size means jack and the 360 can install games now..GTAIV is bigger than KZ2 and fits on a DVD..McdonaIdsGuy

Red me.

Lol @ GTA is bigger, each level on KZ2 takes roughly 2 gigs, now the preview bit reviewers got ages oago had 6, and theres more, plus online maps... See what I mean??? Its easy for you to use those stataments about the devs but gears 2 was hyped to be the graphics king, of course MS wants thier console to have the bets looking games, its good advertiszement, and the fact theyve had longer to achive it, with easier hardware to work with, and a larger budget suggests sony has the better console...
L_Samax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 L_Samax
Member since 2009 • 50 Posts

Looks sick

I gotta pick up a ps3 this year

McdonaIdsGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 McdonaIdsGuy
Lol @ GTA is bigger, each level on KZ2 takes roughly 2 gigs, now the preview bit reviewers got ages oago had 6, and theres more, plus online maps... See what I mean???

How in hell KZ2 is bigger than an OPEN WORLD game :lol: you're eating up what sony tells you...KZ 2 is not bigger than GTAIV is a linear shooter you fallow a path you can walk free in those maps ;),and most of that space is because of the 7.1 audio which takes a lot space.

Its easy for you to use those stataments about the devs but gears 2 was hyped to be the graphics king, of course MS wants thier console to have the bets looking games, its good advertiszement, and the fact theyve had longer to achive it, with easier hardware to work with, and a larger budget suggests sony has the better console...

Geow 2 is the best looking game available right now on consoles..and they achieved that only in 2 years...but like i said before..MS doesn't need to have the best looking games to sell software and hardware ;),sony needs to live up the hype they did for the ps3..MS doesn't.. and its clearly that you can come back with anything to prove me wrong..you keep coming with the same what you just said in your other post..u can speculate all you want about KZ2 not being possible on xbox 360 but real developers who know but consoles and work with them don't agree with you and i can back it up unlike you... maybe you're one of those guys who thinks the tech behind KZ2 is no possible to implement on the xbox 360..guess what xbox 360 has pull off 2 games with deferred rendering in a bigger scale GTAIV and crackdown
NinjaMunkey01

My comeback lets see yours i hope is not the same all over.

jonnyt61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 jonnyt61
Member since 2003 • 2147 Posts
Fine but they should worry less about making the visuals better then the first and instead concentrate on making the game with online co-op in mind unless that is already done.SecretPolice
Why on earth would you have on-line co-op in an action-adventure game? :| It makes no sense. Not every game in the world needs online gameplay. It's ridiculous.
Avatar image for ProductNumber49
ProductNumber49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ProductNumber49
Member since 2006 • 3840 Posts
So much blur I almost wanna puke:x
lantus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#48 lantus
Member since 2006 • 10591 Posts
Yeah, they're PR shots, but I do expect the game to look almost identical to these screens. Unlike Epic who completely glorifies their games in screenshots, Naughty Dog has the pedigree to deliver, and I think they will.
McdonaIdsGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 McdonaIdsGuy
Yeah, they're PR shots, but I do expect the game to look almost identical to these screens. Unlike Epic who completely glorifies their games in screenshots, Naughty Dog has the pedigree to deliver, and I think they will.lantus
Gears 2 delivered ,i don't know what you're trying to say...and don't expect the ps3 to pull off 24xAA in real time like on those screenshots ;)
sillaris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 sillaris
Member since 2008 • 1083 Posts

multiple sites have said uncharted has the best console graphics out

MGS4 GOTY at GS

get over it. Geow1/2 is lame now. the graphics are getting old. the gameplay is boring