New UC4 Drake model cements PS4 graphics superiority.

miiiiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#151  Edited By miiiiv
Member since 2013 • 943 Posts
@scottpsfan14 said:
@Gue1 said:

@bldgirsh said:

@Gue1: The mentality of cows are a interesting thing. Destiny was hyped beyond belief by its devs and since it was bungie people ate it up. But, let's forget what just happened recently and continue to believe devs?

the disrespect is real. How dare you compare a studio like ND with multiple multimillion selling original IP's to a one trick pony like bungie?

Destiny never even looked great to begin with. It only had a bit of a nice art-style and that's it. ND push the envelope with each game they make since the PS1. That you can't appreaciate it, well, you need a degree of intelligence to appreacite their achievements.

------

Crash Bandicoot was a revelation back in the day by pushing graphics and such fluidity in gameplay that most developers thought it was only possible on the N64.

They did it again with Jak & Daxter on the PS2, they were one of the first devs that pushed new graphical techniques like bump mapping that most devs thought it was impossible on the PS2.

And then then they did it twice on the PS3 with Uncharted and The Last of Us when everyone on the industry, including Gabe Newell, was telling Sony to ditch the PS3 because it was a piece of shit.

That your bias and fanboy goggles doesn't let you see things as they are is another story. But ND are the current elite of the elite of the industry.

Agreed. But Bungie are amazing. Bungie are every bit as good as ND (well, were). But nobody can code like Naughty Dog. They max out the hardware like no other developer out there. Crash was one of the first 3D platformers ever with Mario 64. It was so new to them back then that they called it "Sonics Ass" since the whole concept of 3D platformers was alien to the industry.

Jak and Daxter also pushed 3D platforming even further again with Mario Sunshine, and later on, Ratchet and Clank. But Uncharted really only made a more polished Tomb Raider game. The graphics by Uncharted 2 were fantastic though and definately shocked people and made them re think how powerful the PS3 really was. It's because they were using the hardware properly unlike EA, Activision and Ubisoft who just wanted to get their games on as many systems as possible without any intricate use of the console hardware.

All this talk about Crash and Jak & Daxter really makes me want for Naughty Dog to go back to their roots and make a new epic 3D platformer as well, that would be awesome.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

lol clyde calling anyone a hypocrite is heeeeeellllarious. hes right up there with jankercop, lostrib, freedomforlife and a bunch of others whos names i cant remember

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

can't wait to do before and after screens like we did with uc3/2/lotu. cows gonna cow.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#154 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

lol clyde calling anyone a hypocrite is heeeeeellllarious. hes right up there with jankercop, lostrib, freedomforlife and a bunch of others whos names i cant remember

up there in terms of what?

What did I do?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#155 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59400 Posts

@lostrib said:

@m3dude1 said:

What did I do?

To be fair, you are like that.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 lostrib

@uninspiredcup said:

@lostrib said:

@m3dude1 said:

What did I do?

To be fair, you are like that.

like what?

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts

what a crap looking character models, just like this thread.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#158 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Crysis did that in 2007.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 m3dude1

@lostrib said:

@m3dude1 said:

What did I do?

in terms of extreme blind fanboyism and hypocrisy

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By lostrib

@m3dude1 said:

@lostrib said:

@m3dude1 said:

What did I do?

really? please provide sources

Because I am not aware of having such a reputation for that

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#162 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61543 Posts

Really? Really?

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 m3dude1
@lostrib said:

@m3dude1 said:

@lostrib said:

@m3dude1 said:

What did I do?

i mean youre not the absolute worst, that would be that zeehaiden guy or whatever his name is. you guys are just a level below him

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 lostrib

@m3dude1 said:
@lostrib said:

@m3dude1 said:

@lostrib said:

@m3dude1 said:

What did I do?

i mean youre not the absolute worst, that would be that zeehaiden guy or whatever his name is. you guys are just a level below him

Not seeing any evidence for what you're claiming

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 lundy86_4

@lostrib said:

Not seeing any evidence for what you're claiming

At least you're not up there for being full of shit. @m3dude1 takes the cake.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

Can't wait to see some real gameplay. Usually these up close face models are never like that during gameplay when it has to render physics, trees..etc.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#169  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15599 Posts

Man, I just love the PS4's amazing ability to reflect the office area! Also there's a game or some shit but who cares about that nonsense.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12070 Posts

2016 is going to be a great gaming year for Cows.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23832 Posts

@jhonMalcovich said:

Just where have you seen an in-game model which is a semi-transparent face on a totally unrelated background? In-game models are never shown in this way. This is probably an art or a screenshot of a cinematic. Even the source never says that it´s an in-game model.

It still looks like ass.

GravityX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By GravityX
Member since 2013 • 865 Posts

800p and black bars incoming.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

Again need to remind you pc beggars this is PS4, a detailed face CAN now be fully controlled in game. If Infamous an open world game can do this, what's stopping UC4 a relatively more enclosed game from reaching that fidelity?

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

@clyde46 said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@Telekill said:

I don't understand the hate that some gamers throw at the Uncharted games in regards to its gameplay. I've always enjoyed playing the game as much as the story. Graphics are a nice -to- have but not the reason I buy the games and guess what... Uncharted is my favorite series after being a gamer for 28 years.

Haters always do that. They bash a game, then the game gets great reviews and awards. So they spin it around and attack the gameplay becuz game play is the most subjective out of the elements that make up a game. Uncharted has great game play, but haters will just say its bad just to bash the game for something.

They try to do the same thing with TLoU. When they ran out of things to bash the game for becuz of all the 10/10s and awards it was getting, they turn to bashing the gameplay.

Gameplay is always the easy way out when it come to bashing a great game. Cuz its easy, you dont need to provide explanation or anything, just say the gameplay sucks.

UC's gameplay was loose and sloppy compared to TLoU.

umm... ok. Yes.... in comparison yeah it is. I agree it has better gamplay, but TLoU gameplay wouldnt work in Uncharted and the other way around. Why? becuz they are doing different things are about different things. So if you asked me if I wanted TLoU gameplay in UC4, I would say hell no.

But im talking about Uncharted having good gameplay, which it does. Uncharted is veeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyy different from TLoU, so obviously the gameplay must be different.

Uncharted also works in the realm of suspension of disbelieve. You have to ignore that Drake is essentially a super human that climbs a building in 10 seconds, can run on and on while jumping great highs and rolling around the place and feels no pain (only in the cutscenes lol). Drake is portrait as an average guy, yet has tremendous gun handling skills and marksmanship. But becuz its a game we dont think about none of this stuff, cuz we want our shooter games to have precision aiming and shooting, while having ease of access of controls and fluid quick action times (switching guns, throwing grenades, jumping, climbing, automatic melee attacks, ect.).

TLoU tackled this "issue" (not really an issue, it just something TLoU wanted to be different at and point out that they are going for realism), by making Joel have more of a real human beings movement and abilities. They gave the aiming some noticeable sway and the guns were all pretty crappy in hitting the targets, distance, fire rate, and ease of use. All of that was made on purpose to add to the realism of Joel is just a average guy with limited gun use and skill. Also meant to be challenging which people liked (even tho they complained at first).

Enemy AI are different worlds in these two games. Uncharted enemies are your typical bad guys who want to kill you and ignore their own safety. They have guns with large amounts of ammo and are carefree to use them on you. While TLoU the enemies tave tactics to their attacks and have different roles in attacking you. Some enemies dont even have guns and their job is to sneak up on you while the others have your attention and punch/strangle you from behind and such. Uncharted doesnt go for tense fights, while TLoU has you panicking and sweating your palms off just fighting 4 scrubs.

The biggest difference between the two is.... TLoU doesnt have a jump button.... Uncharted you are jumping your way into or from everything. TLoU depends alot on stealth... Uncharted wants the firefights to be bigger and louder... TLoU has a way slower pace, even in just clearing a room of 5-6 enemies can take you 7-8 mins... Uncharted is fast pace and killing 20 enemies could be done in 2 minutes... TLoU only give you 4-7 bullets on a gun and ammo is easy to run out off... Uncharted you have 128 bullets per rifle and guns are scattered every were and every enemy dropping guns and ammo all the time.

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2069 Posts

@Telekill: they are fanboys, they always panic when they hear Uncharted or TLOU

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

I stand by what I say whether its right or wrong. Same can't be said for you.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 lundy86_4

@gpuking said:

Again need to remind you pc beggars this is PS4, a detailed face CAN now be fully controlled in game. If Infamous an open world game can do this, what's stopping UC4 a relatively more enclosed game from reaching that fidelity?

Cinematics? I dunno... Congratulations?

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 clyde46

@lundy86_4 said:

@gpuking said:

He has a real thing for the PS4 doesn't he.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#180 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@gpuking: I can't see a translucent model being the way to go.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 gpuking

Not cinematic, in game shots just paused with the camera panned and zoomed in. Get on with time people!

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 clyde46

@walloftruth: I find it amusing that Cows loved to dismiss tech demo's that show the human face and what level of detail it can be on PC yet will go to great lengths to show face shots off that are running on the PS4...

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 lundy86_4

@clyde46 said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@gpuking said:

He has a real thing for the PS4 doesn't he.

Just a wee one.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 lundy86_4

@gpuking said:

Not cinematic, in game shots just paused with the camera panned and zoomed in. Get on with time people!

At the very least, the last is during a cinematic. Regardless of inFamous being open-world, Delsin doesn't have that detail at all times. I platinumed the damn game.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 lostrib

I'll at least give gpuking some credit for getting a Sly Cooper Easter egg in there

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By gpuking

@lundy86_4

Well obviously your camera isn't zoomed in on his face whole time thus you wouldn't see all the details, but it doesn't mean they're not there.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By lundy86_4

@lostrib said:

I'll at least give gpuking some credit for getting a Sly Cooper Easter egg in there

I dunno... It was probably just luck. gpuking isn't that good.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 lostrib

@lundy86_4 said:

@lostrib said:

I dunno... It was probably just luck. gpuking isn't that good.

fair point

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

@gpuking said:

@lundy86_4

Well obviously your camera isn't zoomed in on his face whole time thus you wouldn't see all the details, but it doesn't mean they're not there.

They are not there. It´s a just prerendered cutscene.

g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts

UC4 is going to be GOTY material and would raise the standards for console graphics.
Its Naughty Dog... all developers know whatever they do is golden.
And they rain gold droplets on haters of course ;)

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
@clyde46 said:

@walloftruth: I find it amusing that Cows loved to dismiss tech demo's that show the human face and what level of detail it can be on PC yet will go to great lengths to show face shots off that are running on the PS4...

you mean supposedly running off the PS4. apparently when it comes to the PC tech demos just dont matter

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 lundy86_4

@gpuking said:

@lundy86_4

Correct, or that you're just using bullshits screenshots. Regardless, it doesn't mean much when Delsin hardly looks that good when rendering more than 5 textures.

JasonN36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By JasonN36
Member since 2014 • 160 Posts

Reminds me of that NBA 2k15 screenshot, Kevin Durant's face.

EDIT: Or this

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11821 Posts

Cows rely way to much on cinematic cutscene shots

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 gpuking

Anyone who's played or owns Infamous should know there's no difference between the cutscene and ingame model, they're realtime all the time. Be man enough to admit it herms.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By lostrib

@gpuking said:

Anyone who's played or owns Infamous should know there's no difference between the cutscene and ingame model, they're realtime all the time. Be man enough to admit it herms.

the main person disagreeing with you is Lundy and he seems to have platinumed the game, and is by no means a "herm"

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By Jankarcop

@gpuking said:

Be man enough to admit it herms.

I admit it. PS4 has won 2nd place gfx. Congrats on silver. PC will always get the gold.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

@gpuking said:

PC will always get the gold.

Some people's pc's will, not yours though.

shurns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 shurns
Member since 2006 • 286 Posts

@Telekill said:

Looks great but I'm wanting to see gameplay footage. Perhaps at E3 or the Spike awards.

I would be disappointed if we have to wait to see some gameplay footage at E3. I kind of doubt we would have to wait that long.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 Jankarcop

@Cranler said:

@Jankarcop said:

@gpuking said:

PC will always get the gold.

Some people's pc's will, not yours though.

More than PS4s sold.