New UC4 Drake model cements PS4 graphics superiority.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#101 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@gpuking said:

@SteXmaN

Don't bring those over sized renders here, we know how they look like in game.

Look plastic as f*ck.

CD Projekt did a great job with Ciri's model , I'm loving it . The game also looks amazing , despite being open world game bigger than Skyrim instead of linear corridor shooter . It does things that few hours of linear games don't ; exploration , living breathing Eco system , day and night cycle , dynamic weather , 1000s of NPCs in hub worlds and so on . And here we are, making threads about faces .

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
@Cloud_imperium said:

@gpuking said:

@SteXmaN

Don't bring those over sized renders here, we know how they look like in game.

Look plastic as f*ck.

CD Projekt did a great job with Ciri's model , I'm loving it . The game also looks amazing , despite being open world game bigger than Skyrim instead of linear corridor shooter . It does things that few hours of linear games don't ; exploration , living breathing Eco system , day and night cycle , dynamic weather , 1000s of NPCs in hub worlds and so on . And here we are, making threads about faces .

Didn't you hear? Uncharted 4 is taking a leaf out of Mario 64's book and the whole game is just a screen where you play around with Drake's face whilst he spouts one liners at you.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

one of the new artists of the game has this to say about Uncharted 4:

"It’s going to blow your socks off so hard that they’ll burn a hole through the Earth and come out on the other side – that’s all I can say really : )"

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#105 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

@Gue1: The mentality of cows are a interesting thing. Destiny was hyped beyond belief by its devs and since it was bungie people ate it up. But, let's forget what just happened recently and continue to believe devs?

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#106 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11514 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Pikminmaniac said:

@Boddicker said:

1) I'm a cow only because MS fucked up sooooo bad this gen.

2) I hate Uncharted. The appeal of playing an Indiana Jones wanna be I just don't understand. If Naughty Dog would only make a new IP and set it in a fantasy or sci-fi universe I'd probably be interested.

Even as an Indiana Jones Wanna be series, it fails hard though. Dr. Jones didn't solve most his problems by murdering armies of men in cold blood. most of those movies were an adventure in which he solves puzzles and uses his brain to figure out where to explore next... In that light, the Legend of Zelda is more Indiana Jones than Uncharted ever was. Uncharted is a shooter wearing an Indiana Jones skin in which the adventure is fabricated for you and all you really do is murder swarms of enemies or participate in tasks that don't even really need you participation.

TLOU has all the same flaws you mentioned yet you call it a great game.

Not the Last of Us I played. The Last of Us was a game about survival and making intelligent/brutal choices to stay alive. The gameplay always reflected that. You used whatever materials you could, and shooting your gun was suicide in almost every scenario. You had to play smart and hold back to move forward. The game also gave you far more choice and control than Uncharted ever did.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#107 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@Pikminmaniac

No.... You use what ever material the game allows you to have to survive, theres literally junk everwhere but the game confines you to Bricks and Bottles, and not just any brick/bottle... You have to use the ones the game's leave behind for you. I can't tell you just how annoying this is when you're in that bar and theres literally bottles everywhere but only 2 you can actually pick up, add on top of that how does the game explain how any of the people are surviving if they hardly leave behind any supplies yet still come at you with a freaking arsenal of Guns..... Let alone the fact that they don't drop ammo despite shooting at you constantly.... I doubt they even Reload.

Then theres the Level Design, Enemy Design and Variety the Game's Mechanics and how all these things don't come together properly..... But who cares, its a pretty game with a compelling story.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

@gpuking said:

https://twitter.com/kurtmargenau/status/515735483754639361/photo/1

This is beyond that Dark Sorcerer graphics already or you can say it's CGI level certifiable. Not only is this the best looking model ever seen on consoles, it also pulverizes everything that's ever graced on PCs too. Bow to your true deity Naught Gods now lems and hermits.

I remember your Destiny PROVES graphics superiority thread.

How did that turn out for you?

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11821 Posts

@gpuking said:

@deadline-zero0SC's graphics really look like a joke next to UC4 now, sure the former is more open but man does it look like a joke in pure graphics quality. I mean I can't believe hermits would spend the time actually play something like this spaceship racing bs, Ii the 90s maybe but hey whatever suits you I guess.

Enjoy that 10 hour linear movie with tacked on multiplayer while we play open world game with never ending content and innovating gameplay

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@NoodleFighter

Never Ending Content is abit of a Stretch...

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By NoodleFighter

@gpuking said:

@m3dude1

I feel sorry for them sometimes lol, I mean what else do they have this time except SC? A game which would probably release in another 3 years and by then be heavily outclassed graphically by mid gen PS4 or maybe even Xbone games.

Well if we're gonna believe an off screen shot on twitter then I guess the shot Yaeger said about Dreadnought being even better than the trailer should be looked at

xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By xscrapzx
Member since 2007 • 6636 Posts

@lglz1337: just stop it. They tried to do something new and didnt plan or communicate well. They changed their minds and did what the consumer wanted. In the end they didnt **** anyone.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 NoodleFighter

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@NoodleFighter

Never Ending Content is abit of a Stretch...

Yeah but what you can do in Star Citizen is greatly more than any uncharted game, especially with the multiplayer components, and the devs did say they were going to add new content about every month or 2.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#114 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14503 Posts

Gameplay or bust

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45551 Posts

man my super powerful gtx 970 is going to kill this game in ultra settings, i'm so excited... oh wait, I just remembered, it's exclusive to ps4 :( sony, please put this on PC!! Xbox puts their "exclusives" on PC!!

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: Don't you have a vita you need to be throwing away?

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

@xCocoTheMonkeyx said:

Thats it? woopie.

this...

tho there is no doubt U4 will be looking amazing, but this pic aint shit to get buzz about.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

@Telekill said:

I don't understand the hate that some gamers throw at the Uncharted games in regards to its gameplay. I've always enjoyed playing the game as much as the story. Graphics are a nice -to- have but not the reason I buy the games and guess what... Uncharted is my favorite series after being a gamer for 28 years.

Haters always do that. They bash a game, then the game gets great reviews and awards. So they spin it around and attack the gameplay becuz game play is the most subjective out of the elements that make up a game. Uncharted has great game play, but haters will just say its bad just to bash the game for something.

They try to do the same thing with TLoU. When they ran out of things to bash the game for becuz of all the 10/10s and awards it was getting, they turn to bashing the gameplay.

Gameplay is always the easy way out when it come to bashing a great game. Cuz its easy, you dont need to provide explanation or anything, just say the gameplay sucks.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#119 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

Cows will cum on that picture from now on.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22417 Posts

Looks amazing.

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#121 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

So let me get this straight. You've presented a 600x450 pixel photograph of a screen (with a bunch of reflections) showing a character model's head and shoulders on its own with nothing else whatsoever....and you're saying it's demonstrating PS4 graphics superiority. Holy shit.

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

@Gue1 said:

one of the new artists of the game has this to say about Uncharted 4:

"It’s going to blow your socks off so hard that they’ll burn a hole through the Earth and come out on the other side – that’s all I can say really : )"

I'm making a text based game. I have no experience whatsoever in developing games and the best computer skill I have is only a moderate understanding of C++

BUT, I'm telling you this game I'm making is the most astounding technical feat you've ever seen. You will cum on your screen once you see the mind boggeling visuals.

It has to be true because I'm hyping it.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#124  Edited By clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@Nengo_Flow said:

@Telekill said:

I don't understand the hate that some gamers throw at the Uncharted games in regards to its gameplay. I've always enjoyed playing the game as much as the story. Graphics are a nice -to- have but not the reason I buy the games and guess what... Uncharted is my favorite series after being a gamer for 28 years.

Haters always do that. They bash a game, then the game gets great reviews and awards. So they spin it around and attack the gameplay becuz game play is the most subjective out of the elements that make up a game. Uncharted has great game play, but haters will just say its bad just to bash the game for something.

They try to do the same thing with TLoU. When they ran out of things to bash the game for becuz of all the 10/10s and awards it was getting, they turn to bashing the gameplay.

Gameplay is always the easy way out when it come to bashing a great game. Cuz its easy, you dont need to provide explanation or anything, just say the gameplay sucks.

UC's gameplay was loose and sloppy compared to TLoU.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

So this game is a face simulator?

Didn't cows learn from UC1, UC2, UC3, TLOU that when the game is out and we get direct-feed screenshots with a UI from actual players, that it will look nothing like these?

lol console gfx whores, what an oxymoron.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#129  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59400 Posts

My gods. Unbelievable power.

Avatar image for DarthaPerkinjan
DarthaPerkinjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#130 DarthaPerkinjan
Member since 2005 • 1318 Posts

WOW!!!!!

Are you sure thats not a real man?!?!?!

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

Why are cows so insecure nowadays anyway?

It's with everything from attacking with pc over graphics, attacking lemms over resolution and frame rates, sales wars up to the moon, defending their exclusive titles and their scores like nothing else, trashing indies only to then hype them (specially after Gamescom).

Seriously, i know this how fanboys are, and this is sw indeed, but cows seem to have gotten 10x worse over the last year.

treelog187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 treelog187
Member since 2005 • 2111 Posts

So they doubled the resolution of their normal maps on a main character in a game that will most likely be linear. Wow.

I'm sure Uncharted 4 will be one of the best looking games when it launches. And I'm not even saying linear is a bad thing, plenty of great games are linear.

This just isn't impressive though.

You cows should quit trying to praise PS4 superiority and start praising the extremely talented guys at Naughty Dog. Their games look great because they hire some of the best artists and programmers in the industry, not because of the hardware you dumb fucks.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 clyde46

@deadline-zero0 said:

It's with everything from fighting with pc over graphics, fight with lemms over resolution and frame rates, sales wars up to the moon, defending their exclusive titles and their scores like nothing else, trashing indies only to then hype them (specially after Gamescom).

Seriously, i know this how fanboys are, but cows seem to have gotten 10x worse over the last year.

You should of been around when SW was truly great. There was lots more of them and they were routinely getting their asses beat. Everything that came from Sony at the beginning of gen 7 fell flat and made Cows the laughing stock of SW. Even Sheep were walking all over them. The threads when the likes of Haze and Lair bombed were epic. Cows were humiliated on a daily basis, it was glorious.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12070 Posts

Amazing picture.

I'm sure the game will be out in 2016

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Gue1

uncharted series never fails to make all the fanboys from all the factions butthurt. You gotta love this franchise's power because no amount of hate will make it fail! These are the naughty gods we are talking about, the current elite of the elite in this industry. They understand storytelling, graphics and gameplay better than anybody. This is the reason why no one can touch them because their games are the full package with quality turned to 11. Great gameplay, great graphics, great multiplayer components, great story-telling, great everything.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@clyde46 said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

It's with everything from fighting with pc over graphics, fight with lemms over resolution and frame rates, sales wars up to the moon, defending their exclusive titles and their scores like nothing else, trashing indies only to then hype them (specially after Gamescom).

Seriously, i know this how fanboys are, but cows seem to have gotten 10x worse over the last year.

You should of been around when SW was truly great. There was lots more of them and they were routinely getting their asses beat. Everything that came from Sony at the beginning of gen 7 fell flat and made Cows the laughing stock of SW. Even Sheep were walking all over them. The threads when the likes of Haze and Lair bombed were epic. Cows were humiliated on a daily basis, it was glorious.

Oh i know. Abit. I had an older account when i was abit of a cow but then made the permanent change to pc. I think it got deleted. I only remember it had Lord in the name. But man, i remember when Uncharted 2 droped, and got those GOTY awards, the 96 Metacritic, SW went nuts. The halo vs UC threads was insane back then.

But i was refering to last year. While i was browsing SW over the last 2 years, it seemed to be winding down. There were still res wars, sales wars, DF wars, exclusive wars, etc. But PC had been considered the definitive platform by then anyway. It was just last gen consoles in their last breath.

However, when TLOU and the PS4 dropped, shit went nuts. The sales, the GOTY and scores for LOU, the differences between the sp4 and xbone on launch gamees. And now you have gpuking, solidgame and others trying to troll pc, xbox and pretty everyone.

It seems they've gone nuts for the last 18 months.

treelog187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 treelog187

@Gue1 said:

uncharted series never fails to make all the fanboys from all the factions butthurt. You gotta love this franchise's power because no amount of hate will make it fail! These are the naughty gods we are talking about, the current elite of the elite in this industry. They understand storytelling, graphics and gameplay better than anybody. This is the reason why no one can touch them because their games are the full package with quality turned to 11. Great gameplay, great graphics, great multiplayer components, great story-telling, great everything.

Not sure if parody.

Great graphics, decent story telling by video game standards (lol), and run of the mill gameplay that is usually either average (shooting) or below average (platforming). There are plenty of devs that beat them in graphics, outclass them in story telling and straight murder them in gameplay.

My bad if you're just joking, it's tough to tell the difference between sarcasm and stupid on SW.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Gue1

@bldgirsh said:

@Gue1: The mentality of cows are a interesting thing. Destiny was hyped beyond belief by its devs and since it was bungie people ate it up. But, let's forget what just happened recently and continue to believe devs?

the disrespect is real. How dare you compare a studio like ND with multiple multimillion selling original IP's to a one trick pony like bungie?

Destiny never even looked great to begin with. It only had a bit of a nice art-style and that's it. ND push the envelope with each game they make since the PS1. That you can't appreaciate it, well, you need a degree of intelligence to appreacite their achievements.

------

Crash Bandicoot was a revelation back in the day by pushing graphics and such fluidity in gameplay that most developers thought it was only possible on the N64.

They did it again with Jak & Daxter on the PS2, they were one of the first devs that pushed new graphical techniques like bump mapping that most devs thought it was impossible on the PS2.

And then they did it twice on the PS3 with Uncharted and The Last of Us when everyone on the industry, including Gabe Newell, was telling Sony to ditch the PS3 because it was a piece of shit.

That your bias and fanboy goggles doesn't let you see things as they are is another story. But ND are the current elite of the elite of the industry.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Gue1

@treelog187 said:

@Gue1 said:

Not sure if parody.

Great graphics, decent story telling by video game standards (lol), and run of the mill gameplay that is usually either average (shooting) or below average (platforming). There are plenty of devs that beat them in graphics, outclass them in story telling and straight murder them in gameplay.

My bad if you're just joking, it's tough to tell the difference between sarcasm and stupid on SW.

don't blame me for your lack of intelligence. The fact that you're making a butthurt comment proves that I'm right.

GamersJustGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 GamersJustGame
Member since 2014 • 323 Posts

@gpuking: That is amazing!

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

Am I the only one who thinks it doesn't even look like Drake?

treelog187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 treelog187

@Gue1 said:

don't blame me for your lack of intelligence. The fact that you're making a butthurt comment proves that I'm right.

What a predictably boring response. You don't even try to refute anything you just went straight for the "butthurt" which basically translates into "I have no point to make, leave me alone". Nice.

Are you a weak sauce troll or just another special child of SW? Guess I'll never know.

Thanks for not wasting too much of my time though.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

that destroys anything on pc because devs never make games that take advantage of them $3,000 rigs. They have to rely on multi plats lmfao. pathetic.

GamersJustGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 GamersJustGame
Member since 2014 • 323 Posts

@spike6958: I think it has more to do with the imagine being taken off a TV.

Im not into Uncharted. I think their boring and to straight line. A Tomb Raider knock off. And im not really into graphics but this looks awesome and i might give UC another chance. Will see. But Bloodbourne and FFXV are my babies for PS4.

treelog187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 treelog187

@spike6958 said:

Am I the only one who thinks it doesn't even look like Drake?

Looks like hispanic Drake recovering from a meth binge.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Why does he look like Max Payne now?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#148 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59400 Posts

Does looking like Max Payne imply this series might actually become good now?

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#149  Edited By coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

So, I'm going to guess this will be like previous Uncharted games. Lots of hype around the pre-release graphics. Then the game releases, and surprise the graphics are downgraded.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 clyde46

@Gue1 said:

@bldgirsh said:

the disrespect is real. How dare you compare a studio like ND with multiple multimillion selling original IP's to a one trick pony like bungie?

Destiny never even looked great to begin with. It only had a bit of a nice art-style and that's it. ND push the envelope with each game they make since the PS1. That you can't appreaciate it, well, you need a degree of intelligence to appreacite their achievements.

------

Crash Bandicoot was a revelation back in the day by pushing graphics and such fluidity in gameplay that most developers thought it was only possible on the N64.

They did it again with Jak & Daxter on the PS2, they were one of the first devs that pushed new graphical techniques like bump mapping that most devs thought it was impossible on the PS2.

And then they did it twice on the PS3 with Uncharted and The Last of Us when everyone on the industry, including Gabe Newell, was telling Sony to ditch the PS3 because it was a piece of shit.

That your bias and fanboy goggles doesn't let you see things as they are is another story. But ND are the current elite of the elite of the industry.

While I do agree with some of those points, this last part here is the most hypocritical thing I've seen you write on SW to date.