New story trailer from PS4 exclusive Nioh 2. Xbox/Switch/PC owners am cry?

• 52 results
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45103 Posts

This game is starting to look really good. Only thing I wasn't crazy about was the English voice actors lol. I guess they are trying to appeal to a wide audience. What do you think of the trailer, SW? Are you hyped for the game? And if you don't own a PS4, are you jelly?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

Chances are high this'll come to PC though

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

"Exclusive"

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

I own a ps4 and i found nioh 2(closed alpha) to be meh. Currently playing the original nioh(got it with ps plus) and this game cannot hold my attention for more than an hour. I would rather take any of the fromsoft souls game over nioh. so zero hype from me.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#5 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69467 Posts

I keep forgetting to play the first one which I have on PC. So, no excitement over 2. I am still in the tower. Lol

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I have yet to play the first. Does it play like an Onimusha game?

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I haven't played three first yet. I'm not a fan of souls games so I'm skeptical I'd enjoy it

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Ah another one of those spot the gameplay trailers, let me save you some time there isn't any lol.

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 1237 Posts

The first boss in the alpha might have been more difficult then most / all the bosses from the first game... couldn't get past it. So I might have to pass unless they tone the difficulty down a bit.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: If I was a fan of games with awful voiceovers, shoddy translations, vomit inducing dialogue with spiky haired heroes and doe eyed females .... ps4 would be my only choice.

It's a pass from me.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8470 Posts

PS4 exclusive...

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#12 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Not interested.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

Sekiro>Nioh and so with that, not interest in Nioh 2.

@i_p_daily said:

Ah another one of those spot the gameplay trailers, let me save you some time there isn't any lol.

If you played the first game, you shouldn't have to watch a trailer for gameplay at all. I already know what the series is about but I have no interest playing the sequel anyways. So I didn't watch.

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts
@R4gn4r0k said:

Chances are high this'll come to PC though

KOI Tecmo's recent PC ports are disaster

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

The first Nioh was kind of the start of PS4 losing lots of exclusives.

I really liked it, but performance mode looked like garbage on the PS4 and still couldn't maintain a solid frame rate. The PC version may have been jank, but it did run at a solid 60fps while looking great.

I think I'll wait for Nioh 2 to come to PC instead of playing it on PS4.

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

Not exclusive

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

why? didn't the first one come out on PC?

ThatDBFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#18 ThatDBFan
Member since 2019 • 939 Posts

I own a PS4, but tbh, I'm not that interested. Much More interested in Halo Infinite and Hellblade 2 tbh.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

I need to finish the first. I should get around to doing that.

adsparky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#20 adsparky
Member since 2006 • 2564 Posts

It will be a good game, but I can't say i'm hyped about it, and definitely PC gamers shouldn't cry because it will be released there after unless the port is a complete disaster which can happen considering the company record.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

If one doesn't have a PS4 then they wouldn't have been able to play the first game, and therefor wouldn't be "jelly" about a sequel they are unfamiliar with.

Personally I have Switch, PS4 Pro and Xbox One X and I tried the demo for the first game and didn't care for it, so I don't care for this game either.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lundy86_4

@briguyb13: The first game released on PC as well. Mainly why people aren't too bothered about this being PS4 "Exclusive."

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#23 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

@Telekill said:

I have yet to play the first. Does it play like an Onimusha game?

Nioh = Soulsborne + Ninja Gaiden + Onimusha

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

@briguyb13: The first game released on PC as well. Mainly why people aren't too bothered about this being PS4 "Exclusive."

Oh. So is the tc saying the first game came to PC but the second one isn't, or something?

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

I played the beta and I didn’t like it.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By lundy86_4

@briguyb13 said:

Oh. So is the tc saying the first game came to PC but the second one isn't, or something?

Technically not wrong, as it's exclusive (SW definition,) for now, but the original released on the PC as well. Thankfully, as even the Pro Performance mode (60fps/1080p,) was a bit lackluster. I bought both the PS4 and PC versions.

flashn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 flashn00b
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts

Don't PC gamers hate Tecmo Koei's PC ports? I reckon that if Nioh 2 has any chance to be on PC, the upcoming One Piece Musou game will need to be good enough to shed the "It's a PC game from Tecmo Koei" reputation.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 lundy86_4

@flashn00b said:

Don't PC gamers hate Tecmo Koei's PC ports? I reckon that if Nioh 2 has any chance to be on PC, the upcoming One Piece Musou game will need to be good enough to shed the "It's a PC game from Tecmo Koei" reputation.

They aren't all that good, but Nioh was pretty solid from my experience. Purely anecdotal, obviously.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#29 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Nioh is lit. Will wait for PC version tho. Imagine, suffering a console version of a game ever? Ick

flashn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 flashn00b

@jg4xchamp said:

Nioh is lit. Will wait for PC version tho. Imagine, suffering a console version of a game ever? Ick

"Imagine, suffering a PC version of a game ever? Ick" would be every Japanese game developer (minus 3)'s rebuttal.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45103 Posts

@jg4xchamp: wow, even Champ approves of Nioh

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10613 Posts

@i_p_daily:

Such butthurt oohhh!!

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 jg4xchamp
@flashn00b said:

"Imagine, suffering a PC version of a game ever? Ick" would be every Japanese game developer (minus 3)'s rebuttal.

Not really, because Nioh came to PC.

All of Capcom's stuff comes to PC

Yakuza games are on PC

Ace Combat 7 is on PC

Platinum stuff is on PC

Square has stuff on PC

so that rebuttal would kind of suck.

@SolidGame_basic said:

@jg4xchamp: wow, even Champ approves of Nioh

Why wouldn't I? I've long been the biggest mark of action-jacskon like beat-em ups in the vein of Devil May Cry n Bayonetta n Ninja Gaiden on this forum, highlighting how they are much much better games than the sea of trash that gets gassed up on this forum. Nioh is a lot closer to the quality found in those games combat wise than the the far more simplified shit in Souls or Sekiro.

I don't care for the rpg bullshit attached to Nioh, but it's not a deal breaker. The first games biggest issue was that of content lacking an enemy roster big enough for its run time, and level design not being as legitimately genius as From Software's offering (read not actually bad level design, its quiet solid), but its best enemies and best bosses easily stack up favorably to from software if not mopping the floor with them in some ways.

And there is no conversation to be had, nothing From Software made holds a candle to the depth of Nioh's combat. Not Dark Souls. Not Bloodborne. Not Sekiro.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#34 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

Oooooo, spirit stones.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#35 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

@Juub1990 said:

"Exclusive"

But seriously. Nah.

I think it's funny how people buy into the fact that a.) exclusives are somehow a good thing, and b.) that they are actually going to be exclusive.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

This looks too similar to Nioh. It seems like there's no advancements made from the original game to this. They're borrowing the Pokemon formula.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@ermacness said:

@i_p_daily:

Such butthurt oohhh!!

Hey i'm doing a community service announcement, why are you so triggered???

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#38 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

I unfortunately will not be buying it on day one. Backlogs to finish, P5R and FF7R week apart and TLoU2 in May. Hopefully by the time I get around to it the community is still very active.

flashn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 flashn00b

@jg4xchamp:Capcom's one of the devs I intended to allude to when saying "Every japanese game develper minus 3". From my experience with the Japanese PC gaming scene in the past 7 years, most developers actually begrudge their PC support to the point where if you're a fan of ANY of a Japanese developer's franchises, you're expected to like ALL of them.

I think i've said in another thread that the Ace Combat dev team's PC releases have only been selling the bare minimum required to tell them to keep making PC games, and that the current sales figures are no longer acceptable. Meanwhile, Square-Enix's PC releases are somehow worse off despite Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest's brand recognition and while PlatinumGames has said in an interview with PC Gamer Magazine that they wanted to bring as many of their games as humanly possible, their recent ventures in gaming suggests that they were full of crap when they said that.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 jg4xchamp

@flashn00b said:

@jg4xchamp:Capcom's one of the devs I intended to allude to when saying "Every japanese game develper minus 3". From my experience with the Japanese PC gaming scene in the past 7 years, most developers actually begrudge their PC support to the point where if you're a fan of ANY of a Japanese developer's franchises, you're expected to like ALL of them.

I think i've said in another thread that the Ace Combat dev team's PC releases have only been selling the bare minimum required to tell them to keep making PC games, and that the current sales figures are no longer acceptable. Meanwhile, Square-Enix's PC releases are somehow worse off despite Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest's brand recognition and while PlatinumGames has said in an interview with PC Gamer Magazine that they wanted to bring as many of their games as humanly possible, their recent ventures in gaming suggests that they were full of crap when they said that.

*shrugs* how much a game sells has little to no bearing on my level of happiness. I have zero desire to play a compromised version of a game when I can play a better version on PC. More often than not even a "bad pc port" from my experience, roughly translates to "its identical to the console version but its on PC" ...which says something pretty damning about consoles, that PC's bad ports are basically the console experience.

Most devs n pubs seem genuinely happy with another sku making money on PC, they just don't have the resources to always be there day 1. I can live with that, because I got nothing against waiting. Platinum's output has less to do with their lack of interest in putting stuff on PC, and more to do with their guns for hire status as a developer.

I understand that you corporate shills gotta make whatever excuses you have to for consoles tho. It is what it is.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

Why would lemmings cry when they have Scalebound Two , to look forward too.

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

Played the first one a ton, one of my favorite games this generation. I am definitely looking forward to the second one. Yeah the voice acting sounded bad but I think the audio balance will sound better once I play it on release. I‘m choosing this over Sekiro because Nioh 2 will have co-op. I mean nothing beats turning a corner and dodging an enemy attack and having it kill your friend turning the corner just after you.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#44 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69467 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

But seriously. Nah.

I think it's funny how people buy into the fact that a.) exclusives are somehow a good thing, and b.) that they are actually going to be exclusive.

Some people live for the exclusives. They don't care about whether its good or bad, it just has to be exclusive.

flashn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By flashn00b
@jg4xchamp said:
@flashn00b said:

*shrugs* how much a game sells has little to no bearing on my level of happiness. I have zero desire to play a compromised version of a game when I can play a better version on PC. More often than not even a "bad pc port" from my experience, roughly translates to "its identical to the console version but its on PC" ...which says something pretty damning about consoles, that PC's bad ports are basically the console experience.

Most devs n pubs seem genuinely happy with another sku making money on PC, they just don't have the resources to always be there day 1. I can live with that, because I got nothing against waiting. Platinum's output has less to do with their lack of interest in putting stuff on PC, and more to do with their guns for hire status as a developer.

I understand that you corporate shills gotta make whatever excuses you have to for consoles tho. It is what it is.

So you won't care at all if the first Ace Combat game on PC is also the last due to the dev team expecting fans of Ace Combat, Tekken, SoulCalibur, God Eater and Code Vein to also like Tales of Arise for no other reason than the consumer choosing to game on PC despite also acknowledging a completely different target demographic on consoles?

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#46 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

Nioh was fantastic, even though I never finished it.

better than Sekiro IMO. excited for the inevitable PC release of the sequel

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 jg4xchamp
@flashn00b said:

So you won't care at all if the first Ace Combat game on PC is also the last due to the dev team expecting fans of Ace Combat, Tekken, SoulCalibur, God Eater and Code Vein to also like Tales of Arise for no other reason than the consumer choosing to game on PC despite also acknowledging a completely different target demographic on consoles?

No one would fucking function that way. Tekken did good on PC, Tekken is more likely to stay consistent. The Tales games will continue to be on PC probably as well.

If Ace Combat never comes back to PC, it will be because Ace Combat 7 failed on PC/they didn't feel it was worth the effort given what AC7 did on PC. And while that would suck, it would have little to no bearing on my level of happiness. There are more than enough good games out there.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#48 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

It'll come to PC like the first one, so not "am cry".

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts
@the_master_race said:

KOI Tecmo's recent PC ports are disaster

Still, I'd rather own the crappy PC port than the console version, if given a choice.

Vaeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Vaeh
Member since 2016 • 957 Posts

Nice try console peasant lol.