Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

Source

Ubistore exclusive and its sequel to wildlands. another open world far cry/devision clone.

Fans: We want next splinter cell like chaos theory.

ubisoft: ok lets give them far cry.

Fans: no no, we want splinter cell.

Ubisoft: ok lets give them assassins creed.

Fans: please give us splinter cell.

Ubisoft: ok here is another open world ghost recon.

means still no chance of splinter cell happening this years E3. great job ubisoft.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46283 Posts

I bought Wildlands for very cheap, but honestly it was among the most boring open world Ubisoft games. It doesn't do anything spectacularly well and it's just a gigantic world with nothing to do in it but cross huge stretches of land.

I want them to go back to older style GR games like Advanced Warfighter or even older titles.

If this is another Wildlands, I'll pass.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#3  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

I bought Wildlands for very cheap, but honestly it was among the most boring open world Ubisoft games. It doesn't do anything spectacularly well and it's just a gigantic world with nothing to do in it but cross huge stretches of land.

I want them to go back to older style GR games like Advanced Warfighter or even older titles.

I hear you. I am kinda getting burned out with open world games in general. I find most of the content generic and unsatisfying. They are not as engaging as they once were to me. I appreciate games like The Witcher 3 that add some good writing and context to the side quests though.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By R4gn4r0k

@BassMan said:

I hear you. I am kinda getting burned out with open world games in general. I find most of the content generic and unsatisfying. They are not as engaging as they once were to me. I appreciate games like The Witcher 3 that add some good writing and context to the side quests though.

Assassin's Creed Origins is another example of side quests done well.

Heck, I still play a lot of these open world games and most are fun to me. If the main loop is fun, I don't mind some grind.

But yeah the market is oversaturated:

• Too many Battle Royale games
  • Too many live service games
  • Way too many open world games

We need some creativity injected back into AAA games.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#5 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

Did Wildlands sold well for a sequel this fast? Totally passed under my radar

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#6 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

@sakaixx: Wildlands sold very well, but a sequel so early is concerning in terms of its quality and what it brings new to the table.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

LOL gamers still complain about open-world games as if they are burned out and bored. If you don't know the concept of how to play open-world games, you obviously are doing it wrong.

I had fun with Wildlands, it was really demanding on PC but still enjoyable enough for me to look forward on the next Ghost Recon game.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#8 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

4 player co-op open world game like Wildlands? Yuck. Granted, at least Wildlands gave you the option of being a lone wolf now.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

I loved GR:WL but some of that may be due to getting it included with my X1X and my goodness it looked and played so good on MonsterBox. :D

This new game well, for me it'll be.... GamePass or bust. lol :P

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#10 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58955 Posts

Played like, 30 minutes of Wildlands with Howmakewood, was roughly 40 minutes too much.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 R4gn4r0k

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

4 player co-op open world game like Wildlands? Yuck. Granted, at least Wildlands gave you the option of being a lone wolf now.

But playing that game solo sucked.

I have a fear that, with this releasing 2 years after wildlands, it'll just be wildlands in a different location.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

I liked Wildlands, it had a lot of good things going for it, but yeah, it definitely felt a bit hollow.

Added to that whole "open-world fatigue" feeling I've been experiencing the last few years.

Would prefer more hand-crafted, medium-sized, highly-detailed instanced zones you travel to for missions than a giant open world.

But whatever, it was still fun enough.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:

Played like, 30 minutes of Wildlands with Howmakewood, was roughly 40 minutes too much.

its far cry in third person.

Loading Video...

This on other hand is the real Ghost recon game. intelligent game design for men.

not third person far cry/just cause hybrid they call it ghost recon.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#14 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: It's very... average. The vehicle mechanics and gunplay is definitely generic, but I did enjoy the customization. I put a few hours into it and got bored very fast.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 R4gn4r0k

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@R4gn4r0k: It's very... average. The vehicle mechanics and gunplay is definitely generic, but I did enjoy the customization. I put a few hours into it and got bored very fast.

It's this squad based tactical shooter that should be played like a ghost recon game. But unfortunately the stealth is pretty boring, the true ghost warrior skills are locked behind progression. So you are just left with having to grind a pretty average third person shooter.

I did like the graphics and the world that they built.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 uninspiredcup  Online

@ghosts4ever said:

Pretty much.

"generic" really is the key word here.

It's every Ubisoft thing you hate rolled into one game.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

No thanks

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 R4gn4r0k

@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Pretty much.

Not true.

Since the game isn't about avenging a dead relative.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

Wildlands got sooooo boring I couldn’t be bothered to finish it. Hopefully this game is better and has tactical PvP at launch unlike Wildlands which came way too late.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 uninspiredcup  Online

@R4gn4r0k said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Pretty much.

Not true.

Since the game isn't about avenging a dead relative.

I'm sure someone dies in the story, somewhere.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#21 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts
@BassMan said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

I had a good time playing it in co-op. Trying to remain stealthy in some of the more challenging missions with a friend was quite fun.

solo it got old quick though. its open world design is extremely dull since it just involves going between icons on the map, and you can tackle areas in pretty much any order so gameplay progression is rather limited.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

I'll stick with the original and Heroes Unleashed mod when it comes to Ghost Recon, thanks.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10436 Posts

ubisoft have got this extraordinary knack of making me despise their games. there's no other dev that elicits such strong feelings of loathing and contempt. if i don't like games from other devs i usually just shrug it off as not my cup of tea. but give me a few hours with a ubisoft game and i'm fuming. wildlands was no different. fortunately i've not touched one since whatever that egyptian ac nonsense was called. finally learnt my lesson

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Ghosts4ever
Loading Video...

Gameplay is out. looks like some cinematic third person action game.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#25 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

Looks like a big DLC with its own season pass.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: ‘Too many Battle Royale games’

Huh? There’s what, 5 relevant titles in the genre? 2 of which have a plethora of additional modes unrelated to BR?

Calm down.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
@watercrack445 said:

Looks like a big DLC with its own season pass.

I like how Ubisoft announce it like it's the coming of Christ.

Guess schmucks somewhere buy into it.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

I remember when Ghost Recon was a tactical shooter. This is just an open world CoD in 3rd person. Easy pass.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

According to Gamespot Breakpoint is pretty much a military simulation more than a game so as far as I'm concerned Ubi can shove it right up their ass.

Regardless, it couldn't possibly be further from Far Cry or AC if it tried it's totally stealth and tactics oriented. Maybe you should, you know.... actually read something about the game instead of just posting utter garbage about it?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

@blueinheaven said:

According to Gamespot Breakpoint is pretty much a military simulation more than a game so as far as I'm concerned Ubi can shove it right up their ass.

Regardless, it couldn't possibly be further from Far Cry or AC if it tried it's totally stealth and tactics oriented. Maybe you should, you know.... actually read something about the game instead of just posting utter garbage about it?

""It's worth noting that, owing to its focus on survival, Breakpoint's single-player won't include AI teammates this time around. Instead, you'll have player-controlled drones that allow for the series' signature Sync Shot ambushes. Ubisoft said it hopes removing AI teammates will contribute to a sense of isolation and (brace yourself) realism."

Read it, Sounds fuckall like a Ghost Recon game. Or tactical shooter as pretty much every one - Rainbow 6/Ghost-Recon/Swat/Arma involve managing team mates in a cohesive manner like a chess game right down to planning the paths they will take pre-mission.

Survival elements just sounds like them chasing a trend again. I imagine this was in development when survival games were at there peak. Probably patch in battle royal.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts
@uninspiredcup said:
@blueinheaven said:

""It's worth noting that, owing to its focus on survival, Breakpoint's single-player won't include AI teammates this time around. Instead, you'll have player-controlled drones that allow for the series' signature Sync Shot ambushes. Ubisoft said it hopes removing AI teammates will contribute to a sense of isolation and (brace yourself) realism."

Read it, Sounds fuckall like a Ghost Recon game. Or tactical shooter as pretty much every one - Rainbow 6/Ghost-Recon/Swat/Arma involve managing team mates in a cohesive manner like a chess game right down to planning the paths they will take pre-mission.

Survival elements just sounds like them chasing a trend again. I imagine this was in development when survival games were at there peak. Oh wrells, they can always patch in battle royal.

Yeah I read all that I also read that they employed real military types to heighten the stealth and realism which is a massive turn off for me. I play games not simulations. If I wanted to be in the fucking US army I would have enlisted, I would have had to have the obligatory labotomy first but let's not get into that eh?

You don't have to manage the rest of the squad for it to be tactical. Splinter Cell wasn't always about squads it was about Sam a lot of the time even most of the time. I was hoping Breakpoint would be another Splinter spin off or at worst a kind of sequel to Wildlands which had its own charms but at every turn they're bleating on about realism. Realism has ALWAYS been the kiss of death for any poor sap hoping to play games to have fun.

Breakpoint is going to absolutely suck outside of multiplayer co-op and possibly even with that, who knows. Either way it's not for me and it absolutely is nothing at all like what the OP suggested but he is renowned for not having the faintest clue what he is talking about so no big surprises from him at least.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 uninspiredcup  Online

@blueinheaven said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@blueinheaven said:

Survival elements just sounds like them chasing a trend again. I imagine this was in development when survival games were at there peak. Oh wrells, they can always patch in battle royal.

Yeah I read all that I also read that they employed real military types to heighten the stealth and realism which is a massive turn off for me. I play games not simulations. If I wanted to be in the fucking US army I would have enlisted, I would have had to have the obligatory labotomy first but let's not get into that eh?

You don't have to manage the rest of the squad for it to be tactical. Splinter Cell wasn't always about squads it was about Sam a lot of the time even most of the time. I was hoping Breakpoint would be another Splinter spin off or at worst a kind of sequel to Wildlands which had its own charms but at every turn they're bleating on about realism. Realism has ALWAYS been the kiss of death for any poor sap hoping to play games to have fun.

Breakpoint is going to absolutely suck outside of multiplayer co-op and possibly even with that, who knows. Either way it's not for me and it absolutely is nothing at all like what the OP suggested but he is renowned for not having the faintest clue what he is talking about so no big surprises from him at least.

I'd like to give Ubisoft the benefit of the doubt, but it's Ubisoft.

It's a very, very, very hard thing to do.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

Faaaaaaaaaaaak UBI. Of course they're just chasing fads and will make the same dumbed down shit for kiddie$ & casual$.

I'm just hoping the campaign and enemy AI for Ready or Not is good.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:
@blueinheaven said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@blueinheaven said:

Loading Video...

If you want real tactical shooter. this is a game made for us.

this ghost recon game they called "tactical" is just as tactical as throw a brick at window.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 uninspiredcup  Online

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@blueinheaven said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@blueinheaven said:

Loading Video...

If you want real tactical shooter. this is a game made for us.

this ghost recon game they called "tactical" is just as tactical as throw a brick at window.

Yea saw that, looks pretty swag.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#36 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Why do most Ubisoft games still look cross gen?

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#37 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

@ghosts4ever: Pass. Wasn't wildlands a co-op only type games as a service game? Sorry but I don't want that.

Give me a Advanced War fighter or GR new vegas. What happened to that style where I controlled a few soldiers and could strategically place them on the map and setup flanking maneuvers and set them up with cover fire. I really miss those games.

What sets these new games different than far cry outside of making it pointless for single player as it's not designed for it.

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#38 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Loading Video...

This on other hand is the real Ghost recon game. intelligent game design for men.

not third person far cry/just cause hybrid they call it ghost recon.

I think I am going to go back and revisit older GR games, thanks I needed this video from the glory days, before casualization, games as a service, always online, and microtransactions took hold.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

They are making it Epic store exclusive, like people will give a shit.

A thing that annoys me is the amount of coverage this shit gets (because Ubisoft) while Arma basically got none.

At least with traditional gaming media. Stuff like youtube mainly ignores that shit. And the game sold incredibly well regardless.

Raining51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Raining51
Member since 2016 • 1162 Posts

Theyg otta slow down the Tom Clancy thing... it's spinning out fo of control....

LIke which series should we be focusing on?

The Division?

Wildlands?

Ghost Recon?

Heck Rainbow 6?

To get our tactical RP er FPS situation.....

It's a series that shouldn't be in the spotlight ever but is... its not helping.

speedytimsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By speedytimsi
Member since 2003 • 1415 Posts

So how many editions are they gonna release this time?

• Standard
  • Gold
  • Ultimate
  • Collector's

That's at least four I can think of that Ubisoft will go for and I don't think that'll be the end of it.

Raining51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Raining51
Member since 2016 • 1162 Posts

In all honesty the game is going to succeed without a doubt..

I'm just sorta confused honestly.