New Ghost Recon leaked before announcement

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
#1 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9597 posts) -

Source

Ubistore exclusive and its sequel to wildlands. another open world far cry/devision clone.

Fans: We want next splinter cell like chaos theory.

ubisoft: ok lets give them far cry.

Fans: no no, we want splinter cell.

Ubisoft: ok lets give them assassins creed.

Fans: please give us splinter cell.

Ubisoft: ok here is another open world ghost recon.

means still no chance of splinter cell happening this years E3. great job ubisoft.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
#2 Posted by R4gn4r0k (30719 posts) -

I bought Wildlands for very cheap, but honestly it was among the most boring open world Ubisoft games. It doesn't do anything spectacularly well and it's just a gigantic world with nothing to do in it but cross huge stretches of land.

I want them to go back to older style GR games like Advanced Warfighter or even older titles.

If this is another Wildlands, I'll pass.

Avatar image for BassMan
#3 Edited by BassMan (10035 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

I bought Wildlands for very cheap, but honestly it was among the most boring open world Ubisoft games. It doesn't do anything spectacularly well and it's just a gigantic world with nothing to do in it but cross huge stretches of land.

I want them to go back to older style GR games like Advanced Warfighter or even older titles.

If this is another Wildlands, I'll pass.

I hear you. I am kinda getting burned out with open world games in general. I find most of the content generic and unsatisfying. They are not as engaging as they once were to me. I appreciate games like The Witcher 3 that add some good writing and context to the side quests though.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
#4 Edited by R4gn4r0k (30719 posts) -

@BassMan said:

I hear you. I am kinda getting burned out with open world games in general. I find most of the content generic and unsatisfying. They are not as engaging as they once were to me. I appreciate games like The Witcher 3 that add some good writing and context to the side quests though.

Assassin's Creed Origins is another example of side quests done well.

Heck, I still play a lot of these open world games and most are fun to me. If the main loop is fun, I don't mind some grind.

But yeah the market is oversaturated:

  • Too many Battle Royale games
  • Too many live service games
  • Way too many open world games

We need some creativity injected back into AAA games.

Avatar image for sakaixx
#5 Posted by sakaiXx (5315 posts) -

Did Wildlands sold well for a sequel this fast? Totally passed under my radar

Avatar image for BassMan
#6 Posted by BassMan (10035 posts) -

@sakaixx: Wildlands sold very well, but a sequel so early is concerning in terms of its quality and what it brings new to the table.

Avatar image for davillain-
#7 Edited by DaVillain- (36044 posts) -

LOL gamers still complain about open-world games as if they are burned out and bored. If you don't know the concept of how to play open-world games, you obviously are doing it wrong.

I had fun with Wildlands, it was really demanding on PC but still enjoyable enough for me to look forward on the next Ghost Recon game.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
#8 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (45137 posts) -

4 player co-op open world game like Wildlands? Yuck. Granted, at least Wildlands gave you the option of being a lone wolf now.

Avatar image for SecretPolice
#9 Posted by SecretPolice (35093 posts) -

I loved GR:WL but some of that may be due to getting it included with my X1X and my goodness it looked and played so good on MonsterBox. :D

This new game well, for me it'll be.... GamePass or bust. lol :P

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#10 Posted by uninspiredcup (32786 posts) -

Played like, 30 minutes of Wildlands with Howmakewood, was roughly 40 minutes too much.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
#11 Posted by R4gn4r0k (30719 posts) -

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

4 player co-op open world game like Wildlands? Yuck. Granted, at least Wildlands gave you the option of being a lone wolf now.

But playing that game solo sucked.

I have a fear that, with this releasing 2 years after wildlands, it'll just be wildlands in a different location.

Avatar image for mrbojangles25
#12 Posted by mrbojangles25 (43781 posts) -

I liked Wildlands, it had a lot of good things going for it, but yeah, it definitely felt a bit hollow.

Added to that whole "open-world fatigue" feeling I've been experiencing the last few years.

Would prefer more hand-crafted, medium-sized, highly-detailed instanced zones you travel to for missions than a giant open world.

But whatever, it was still fun enough.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
#13 Edited by Ghosts4ever (9597 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

Played like, 30 minutes of Wildlands with Howmakewood, was roughly 40 minutes too much.

its far cry in third person.

Loading Video...

This on other hand is the real Ghost recon game. intelligent game design for men.

not third person far cry/just cause hybrid they call it ghost recon.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
#14 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (45137 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k: It's very... average. The vehicle mechanics and gunplay is definitely generic, but I did enjoy the customization. I put a few hours into it and got bored very fast.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
#15 Posted by R4gn4r0k (30719 posts) -

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@R4gn4r0k: It's very... average. The vehicle mechanics and gunplay is definitely generic, but I did enjoy the customization. I put a few hours into it and got bored very fast.

It's this squad based tactical shooter that should be played like a ghost recon game. But unfortunately the stealth is pretty boring, the true ghost warrior skills are locked behind progression. So you are just left with having to grind a pretty average third person shooter.

I did like the graphics and the world that they built.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#16 Posted by uninspiredcup (32786 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:

its far cry in third person.

Pretty much.

"generic" really is the key word here.

It's every Ubisoft thing you hate rolled into one game.

Avatar image for Sushiglutton
#17 Posted by Sushiglutton (7152 posts) -

No thanks

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
#18 Posted by R4gn4r0k (30719 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:

its far cry in third person.

Pretty much.

"generic" really is the key word here.

It's every Ubisoft thing you hate rolled into one game.

Not true.

Since the game isn't about avenging a dead relative.

Avatar image for jcrame10
#19 Posted by jcrame10 (5029 posts) -

Wildlands got sooooo boring I couldn’t be bothered to finish it. Hopefully this game is better and has tactical PvP at launch unlike Wildlands which came way too late.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#20 Posted by uninspiredcup (32786 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:

its far cry in third person.

Pretty much.

"generic" really is the key word here.

It's every Ubisoft thing you hate rolled into one game.

Not true.

Since the game isn't about avenging a dead relative.

I'm sure someone dies in the story, somewhere.

.

Avatar image for with_teeth26
#21 Posted by with_teeth26 (9475 posts) -
@BassMan said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

I bought Wildlands for very cheap, but honestly it was among the most boring open world Ubisoft games. It doesn't do anything spectacularly well and it's just a gigantic world with nothing to do in it but cross huge stretches of land.

I want them to go back to older style GR games like Advanced Warfighter or even older titles.

If this is another Wildlands, I'll pass.

I hear you. I am kinda getting burned out with open world games in general. I find most of the content generic and unsatisfying. They are not as engaging as they once were to me. I appreciate games like The Witcher 3 that add some good writing and context to the side quests though.

I had a good time playing it in co-op. Trying to remain stealthy in some of the more challenging missions with a friend was quite fun.

solo it got old quick though. its open world design is extremely dull since it just involves going between icons on the map, and you can tackle areas in pretty much any order so gameplay progression is rather limited.

Avatar image for bussinrounds
#22 Edited by bussinrounds (3114 posts) -

I'll stick with the original and Heroes Unleashed mod when it comes to Ghost Recon, thanks.

Avatar image for Macutchi
#23 Posted by Macutchi (6695 posts) -

ubisoft have got this extraordinary knack of making me despise their games. there's no other dev that elicits such strong feelings of loathing and contempt. if i don't like games from other devs i usually just shrug it off as not my cup of tea. but give me a few hours with a ubisoft game and i'm fuming. wildlands was no different. fortunately i've not touched one since whatever that egyptian ac nonsense was called. finally learnt my lesson

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
#24 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9597 posts) -
Loading Video...

Gameplay is out. looks like some cinematic third person action game.

Avatar image for watercrack445
#25 Posted by watercrack445 (1444 posts) -

Looks like a big DLC with its own season pass.

Avatar image for Sevenizz
#26 Posted by Sevenizz (3617 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k: ‘Too many Battle Royale games’

Huh? There’s what, 5 relevant titles in the genre? 2 of which have a plethora of additional modes unrelated to BR?

Calm down.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#27 Edited by uninspiredcup (32786 posts) -
@watercrack445 said:

Looks like a big DLC with its own season pass.

I like how Ubisoft announce it like it's the coming of Christ.

Guess schmucks somewhere buy into it.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
#28 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (12721 posts) -

I remember when Ghost Recon was a tactical shooter. This is just an open world CoD in 3rd person. Easy pass.

Avatar image for blueinheaven
#29 Posted by blueinheaven (4438 posts) -

According to Gamespot Breakpoint is pretty much a military simulation more than a game so as far as I'm concerned Ubi can shove it right up their ass.

Regardless, it couldn't possibly be further from Far Cry or AC if it tried it's totally stealth and tactics oriented. Maybe you should, you know.... actually read something about the game instead of just posting utter garbage about it?

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#30 Edited by uninspiredcup (32786 posts) -

@blueinheaven said:

According to Gamespot Breakpoint is pretty much a military simulation more than a game so as far as I'm concerned Ubi can shove it right up their ass.

Regardless, it couldn't possibly be further from Far Cry or AC if it tried it's totally stealth and tactics oriented. Maybe you should, you know.... actually read something about the game instead of just posting utter garbage about it?

""It's worth noting that, owing to its focus on survival, Breakpoint's single-player won't include AI teammates this time around. Instead, you'll have player-controlled drones that allow for the series' signature Sync Shot ambushes. Ubisoft said it hopes removing AI teammates will contribute to a sense of isolation and (brace yourself) realism."

Read it, Sounds fuckall like a Ghost Recon game. Or tactical shooter as pretty much every one - Rainbow 6/Ghost-Recon/Swat/Arma involve managing team mates in a cohesive manner like a chess game right down to planning the paths they will take pre-mission.

Survival elements just sounds like them chasing a trend again. I imagine this was in development when survival games were at there peak. Probably patch in battle royal.

Avatar image for blueinheaven
#31 Posted by blueinheaven (4438 posts) -
@uninspiredcup said:
@blueinheaven said:

According to Gamespot Breakpoint is pretty much a military simulation more than a game so as far as I'm concerned Ubi can shove it right up their ass.

Regardless, it couldn't possibly be further from Far Cry or AC if it tried it's totally stealth and tactics oriented. Maybe you should, you know.... actually read something about the game instead of just posting utter garbage about it?

""It's worth noting that, owing to its focus on survival, Breakpoint's single-player won't include AI teammates this time around. Instead, you'll have player-controlled drones that allow for the series' signature Sync Shot ambushes. Ubisoft said it hopes removing AI teammates will contribute to a sense of isolation and (brace yourself) realism."

Read it, Sounds fuckall like a Ghost Recon game. Or tactical shooter as pretty much every one - Rainbow 6/Ghost-Recon/Swat/Arma involve managing team mates in a cohesive manner like a chess game right down to planning the paths they will take pre-mission.

Survival elements just sounds like them chasing a trend again. I imagine this was in development when survival games were at there peak. Oh wrells, they can always patch in battle royal.

Yeah I read all that I also read that they employed real military types to heighten the stealth and realism which is a massive turn off for me. I play games not simulations. If I wanted to be in the fucking US army I would have enlisted, I would have had to have the obligatory labotomy first but let's not get into that eh?

You don't have to manage the rest of the squad for it to be tactical. Splinter Cell wasn't always about squads it was about Sam a lot of the time even most of the time. I was hoping Breakpoint would be another Splinter spin off or at worst a kind of sequel to Wildlands which had its own charms but at every turn they're bleating on about realism. Realism has ALWAYS been the kiss of death for any poor sap hoping to play games to have fun.

Breakpoint is going to absolutely suck outside of multiplayer co-op and possibly even with that, who knows. Either way it's not for me and it absolutely is nothing at all like what the OP suggested but he is renowned for not having the faintest clue what he is talking about so no big surprises from him at least.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#32 Posted by uninspiredcup (32786 posts) -

@blueinheaven said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@blueinheaven said:

According to Gamespot Breakpoint is pretty much a military simulation more than a game so as far as I'm concerned Ubi can shove it right up their ass.

Regardless, it couldn't possibly be further from Far Cry or AC if it tried it's totally stealth and tactics oriented. Maybe you should, you know.... actually read something about the game instead of just posting utter garbage about it?

""It's worth noting that, owing to its focus on survival, Breakpoint's single-player won't include AI teammates this time around. Instead, you'll have player-controlled drones that allow for the series' signature Sync Shot ambushes. Ubisoft said it hopes removing AI teammates will contribute to a sense of isolation and (brace yourself) realism."

Read it, Sounds fuckall like a Ghost Recon game. Or tactical shooter as pretty much every one - Rainbow 6/Ghost-Recon/Swat/Arma involve managing team mates in a cohesive manner like a chess game right down to planning the paths they will take pre-mission.

Survival elements just sounds like them chasing a trend again. I imagine this was in development when survival games were at there peak. Oh wrells, they can always patch in battle royal.

Yeah I read all that I also read that they employed real military types to heighten the stealth and realism which is a massive turn off for me. I play games not simulations. If I wanted to be in the fucking US army I would have enlisted, I would have had to have the obligatory labotomy first but let's not get into that eh?

You don't have to manage the rest of the squad for it to be tactical. Splinter Cell wasn't always about squads it was about Sam a lot of the time even most of the time. I was hoping Breakpoint would be another Splinter spin off or at worst a kind of sequel to Wildlands which had its own charms but at every turn they're bleating on about realism. Realism has ALWAYS been the kiss of death for any poor sap hoping to play games to have fun.

Breakpoint is going to absolutely suck outside of multiplayer co-op and possibly even with that, who knows. Either way it's not for me and it absolutely is nothing at all like what the OP suggested but he is renowned for not having the faintest clue what he is talking about so no big surprises from him at least.

I'd like to give Ubisoft the benefit of the doubt, but it's Ubisoft.

It's a very, very, very hard thing to do.

Avatar image for bussinrounds
#33 Posted by bussinrounds (3114 posts) -

Faaaaaaaaaaaak UBI. Of course they're just chasing fads and will make the same dumbed down shit for kiddie$ & casual$.

I'm just hoping the campaign and enemy AI for Ready or Not is good.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
#34 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9597 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:
@blueinheaven said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@blueinheaven said:

According to Gamespot Breakpoint is pretty much a military simulation more than a game so as far as I'm concerned Ubi can shove it right up their ass.

Regardless, it couldn't possibly be further from Far Cry or AC if it tried it's totally stealth and tactics oriented. Maybe you should, you know.... actually read something about the game instead of just posting utter garbage about it?

""It's worth noting that, owing to its focus on survival, Breakpoint's single-player won't include AI teammates this time around. Instead, you'll have player-controlled drones that allow for the series' signature Sync Shot ambushes. Ubisoft said it hopes removing AI teammates will contribute to a sense of isolation and (brace yourself) realism."

Read it, Sounds fuckall like a Ghost Recon game. Or tactical shooter as pretty much every one - Rainbow 6/Ghost-Recon/Swat/Arma involve managing team mates in a cohesive manner like a chess game right down to planning the paths they will take pre-mission.

Survival elements just sounds like them chasing a trend again. I imagine this was in development when survival games were at there peak. Oh wrells, they can always patch in battle royal.

Yeah I read all that I also read that they employed real military types to heighten the stealth and realism which is a massive turn off for me. I play games not simulations. If I wanted to be in the fucking US army I would have enlisted, I would have had to have the obligatory labotomy first but let's not get into that eh?

You don't have to manage the rest of the squad for it to be tactical. Splinter Cell wasn't always about squads it was about Sam a lot of the time even most of the time. I was hoping Breakpoint would be another Splinter spin off or at worst a kind of sequel to Wildlands which had its own charms but at every turn they're bleating on about realism. Realism has ALWAYS been the kiss of death for any poor sap hoping to play games to have fun.

Breakpoint is going to absolutely suck outside of multiplayer co-op and possibly even with that, who knows. Either way it's not for me and it absolutely is nothing at all like what the OP suggested but he is renowned for not having the faintest clue what he is talking about so no big surprises from him at least.

I'd like to give Ubisoft the benefit of the doubt, but it's Ubisoft.

It's a very, very, very hard thing to do.

Loading Video...

If you want real tactical shooter. this is a game made for us.

this ghost recon game they called "tactical" is just as tactical as throw a brick at window.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#35 Posted by uninspiredcup (32786 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@blueinheaven said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@blueinheaven said:

According to Gamespot Breakpoint is pretty much a military simulation more than a game so as far as I'm concerned Ubi can shove it right up their ass.

Regardless, it couldn't possibly be further from Far Cry or AC if it tried it's totally stealth and tactics oriented. Maybe you should, you know.... actually read something about the game instead of just posting utter garbage about it?

""It's worth noting that, owing to its focus on survival, Breakpoint's single-player won't include AI teammates this time around. Instead, you'll have player-controlled drones that allow for the series' signature Sync Shot ambushes. Ubisoft said it hopes removing AI teammates will contribute to a sense of isolation and (brace yourself) realism."

Read it, Sounds fuckall like a Ghost Recon game. Or tactical shooter as pretty much every one - Rainbow 6/Ghost-Recon/Swat/Arma involve managing team mates in a cohesive manner like a chess game right down to planning the paths they will take pre-mission.

Survival elements just sounds like them chasing a trend again. I imagine this was in development when survival games were at there peak. Oh wrells, they can always patch in battle royal.

Yeah I read all that I also read that they employed real military types to heighten the stealth and realism which is a massive turn off for me. I play games not simulations. If I wanted to be in the fucking US army I would have enlisted, I would have had to have the obligatory labotomy first but let's not get into that eh?

You don't have to manage the rest of the squad for it to be tactical. Splinter Cell wasn't always about squads it was about Sam a lot of the time even most of the time. I was hoping Breakpoint would be another Splinter spin off or at worst a kind of sequel to Wildlands which had its own charms but at every turn they're bleating on about realism. Realism has ALWAYS been the kiss of death for any poor sap hoping to play games to have fun.

Breakpoint is going to absolutely suck outside of multiplayer co-op and possibly even with that, who knows. Either way it's not for me and it absolutely is nothing at all like what the OP suggested but he is renowned for not having the faintest clue what he is talking about so no big surprises from him at least.

I'd like to give Ubisoft the benefit of the doubt, but it's Ubisoft.

It's a very, very, very hard thing to do.

Loading Video...

If you want real tactical shooter. this is a game made for us.

this ghost recon game they called "tactical" is just as tactical as throw a brick at window.

Yea saw that, looks pretty swag.

Avatar image for warmblur
#36 Posted by warmblur (2154 posts) -

Why do most Ubisoft games still look cross gen?

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
#37 Posted by Midnightshade29 (5988 posts) -

@ghosts4ever: Pass. Wasn't wildlands a co-op only type games as a service game? Sorry but I don't want that.

Give me a Advanced War fighter or GR new vegas. What happened to that style where I controlled a few soldiers and could strategically place them on the map and setup flanking maneuvers and set them up with cover fire. I really miss those games.

What sets these new games different than far cry outside of making it pointless for single player as it's not designed for it.

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
#38 Posted by Midnightshade29 (5988 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Played like, 30 minutes of Wildlands with Howmakewood, was roughly 40 minutes too much.

its far cry in third person.

Loading Video...

This on other hand is the real Ghost recon game. intelligent game design for men.

not third person far cry/just cause hybrid they call it ghost recon.

I think I am going to go back and revisit older GR games, thanks I needed this video from the glory days, before casualization, games as a service, always online, and microtransactions took hold.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#39 Edited by uninspiredcup (32786 posts) -

They are making it Epic store exclusive, like people will give a shit.

A thing that annoys me is the amount of coverage this shit gets (because Ubisoft) while Arma basically got none.

At least with traditional gaming media. Stuff like youtube mainly ignores that shit. And the game sold incredibly well regardless.

Avatar image for raining51
#40 Posted by Raining51 (804 posts) -

Theyg otta slow down the Tom Clancy thing... it's spinning out fo of control....

LIke which series should we be focusing on?

The Division?

Wildlands?

Ghost Recon?

Heck Rainbow 6?

To get our tactical RP er FPS situation.....

It's a series that shouldn't be in the spotlight ever but is... its not helping.

Avatar image for speedytimsi
#41 Edited by speedytimsi (931 posts) -

So how many editions are they gonna release this time?

  • Standard
  • Gold
  • Ultimate
  • Collector's

That's at least four I can think of that Ubisoft will go for and I don't think that'll be the end of it.

Avatar image for raining51
#42 Posted by Raining51 (804 posts) -

In all honesty the game is going to succeed without a doubt..

I'm just sorta confused honestly.