New Bloodborne Details Customization Playable Female & more

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

From Software's Playstation 4 exclusive Bloodborne was one of stand-out announcement of Sony's E3 press conference, the trailer that was showcased surprised almost everyone, graphics/visuals, monster design and other aspects were of top notch, if you missed the trialer watch it again now. Today via Japanese website, DengeKionline some fresh details regarding Bloodborne's customization option, playable characters have arrived.

Game Director Hidetaka Miyazaki confirmed to DengeKi Online that Bloodborne's customization will be similar to that of Demon's Souls and players will be able to play as female protagonist.

"You can also select a female character as the heroine, and there’s facial customization. Personally, I think not only with RPGs, but even with Tactical RPGs, character customization is one of the most fun aspects"

Miyazaki also confirmed that development team at From Software are also working on some addiitional elements related to facial customization in Bloodborne and details about it will be revealed in coming days.

Miyazaki also explained benefits of Playstation 4 powerful specifications, offline gameplay, death penalty and lot more. He confirmed that Bloodborne will be playable offline and thanks to PS4 power, the game will feature ton of cariation in animation as compare to all this previous game.

http://www.gamepur.com/news/15111-new-ps4-exclusive-bloodborne-details-offline-play-playable-female-character.html

Some people were actually calling into question if the game was really exclusive since Sony/FROM didn't explicitly state it at E3 and others were wondering if it was going to be an actual RPG, I think this should answer some of those earlier questions.

I also love that Miyazaki is making references to Demon's Souls instead of Dark Souls when talking about this game because Dark Souls, great game that it is, never quite had the feel of Demon's Souls.

Hearing his thoughts on the game now is making me very excited.

Masculus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Masculus
Member since 2009 • 2878 Posts

Hopefuly no dude shoulders on female body type.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I could play as a female in Demon's Souls, Dark Souls and Dark Souls II.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

@casharmy said:

... graphics/visuals ... were of top notch

Riiiiight

LOL

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Every souls game has had a playable female. That's usually what I make my characters because I enjoy smaller frames.

I hope the player models are much better than what was available in darksouls as you could make some really fugly looking people, a bust slider would be nice instead of having to increase the characters overall weight.

Give her huge tits and then name her Anita Sarkeesian and wear the skimpiest outfit I can find.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

Game keeps getting better and better. Only on PS4.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

This game sounds suddenly appealing.

f50p90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 f50p90
Member since 2008 • 3767 Posts

Sounding more and more like souls

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@Masculus said:

Hopefuly no dude shoulders on female body type.

you know they are just going to put some boobies to the male's model.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

This thread

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

So it's offering the same customization as nearly every RPG ever including the last 3 Souls games? Stop the presses!

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By casharmy

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Every souls game has had a playable female. That's usually what I make my characters because I enjoy smaller frames.

I hope the player models are much better than what was available in darksouls as you could make some really fugly looking people, a bust slider would be nice instead of having to increase the characters overall weight.

Give her huge tits and then name her Anita Sarkeesian and wear the skimpiest outfit I can find.

People questioning if it (Bloodborne) was actually an RPG or if they would have to stay with the same character throughout the game and use the same weapons, this article answers those questions.

Don't know why people in here are talking like they already know what it was when it was some of you in here now that question these aspects of the game. In any case you are welcome.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

I hope they have the wide variety of weapons and armor like they did in the souls games.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 casharmy

@RR360DD said:

@casharmy said:

Riiiiight

LOL

You realize the comments you are quoting come from the article right? eh, silly me, you are RR360DD, of course you don't realize that.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

He confirmed that Bloodborne will be playable offline and thanks to PS4 power

thank god. it's been terrible having forced online since the days of the atari 2600, due to the weaknesses of these earlier consoles. finally, we can play a game offline, and it's all thanks to the power of the PS4.

and you can have a female character and a selection of faces.

@Vaasman said:

So it's offering the same customization as nearly every RPG ever including the last 3 Souls games? Stop the presses!

yeah man i agree stop the presses.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 RR360DD

@casharmy said:

@RR360DD said:

@casharmy said:

Riiiiight

LOL

You realize the comments you are quoting come from the article right? eh, silly me, you are RR360DD, of course you don't realize that.

I was well aware of that.

What exactly does that change btw? Oh right, nothing.

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Alcapello
Member since 2014 • 1396 Posts

@RR360DD said:

@casharmy said:

@RR360DD said:

@casharmy said:

Riiiiight

LOL

It not up to him to change the platform

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 RR360DD
@alcapello said:

@RR360DD said:

@casharmy said:

@RR360DD said:

@casharmy said:

Riiiiight

LOL

Uh what?

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#19  Edited By GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

This thread

lol

Watch cows feign amazement at this mundane news.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

hopefully these incredibly ugly and undetailed faces are gone for good. Three souls games in a row with the same ps2 like facial detail.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By casharmy

@CrownKingArthur said:

thank god. it's been terrible having forced online since the days of the atari 2600, due to the weaknesses of these earlier consoles. finally, we can play a game offline, and it's all thanks to the power of the PS4.

@Vaasman said:

haha this attempt at humor would probably be hold weight if the comments didn't come from someone who was the mind behind the game that crushed all the previous hyped WRPGs before it's time with atmosphere, gameplay and online integration never before seen.

Taking about Demon's Souls specifically not Dark Souls. The Online was ahead of it's time and the use of Soul Tendency and World Tendency was shear brilliance. If you have only played Dark Souls then you have no clue how either one of those work as they were nurfed in Dark Souls. Soul/world tendency is one of the main reason's why Demon's Souls is the most complex game of the souls series.

All of those things came out of the mind of the guy you are trying to make fun of when other hyped developers haven't even come close to matching the level of innovation and imagination of a game he made in 2009 and out of nowhere won GOTY.

I wonder if either of you guys hype The Witcher 2, and are hyped for The Witcher 3? That developer is a fan of From Software and Demon's Souls to the point of trying to make their games more like Demon's souls. Other developers are fans of Miyazaki and his dedication to his games. If Miyazaki is talking about specific aspects of his game I doubt they are as the copy and paste as what you expect from developers of other games.

You guys keep this in mind, Miyazaki competes as your favorite developers favorite developer.

GamersJustGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GamersJustGame
Member since 2014 • 323 Posts

@casharmy said:

From Software's Playstation 4 exclusive Bloodborne was one of stand-out announcement of Sony's E3 press conference, the trailer that was showcased surprised almost everyone, graphics/visuals, monster design and other aspects were of top notch, if you missed the trialer watch it again now. Today via Japanese website, DengeKionline some fresh details regarding Bloodborne's customization option, playable characters have arrived.

Game Director Hidetaka Miyazaki confirmed to DengeKi Online that Bloodborne's customization will be similar to that of Demon's Souls and players will be able to play as female protagonist.

"You can also select a female character as the heroine, and there’s facial customization. Personally, I think not only with RPGs, but even with Tactical RPGs, character customization is one of the most fun aspects"

Miyazaki also confirmed that development team at From Software are also working on some addiitional elements related to facial customization in Bloodborne and details about it will be revealed in coming days.

Miyazaki also explained benefits of Playstation 4 powerful specifications, offline gameplay, death penalty and lot more. He confirmed that Bloodborne will be playable offline and thanks to PS4 power, the game will feature ton of cariation in animation as compare to all this previous game.

http://www.gamepur.com/news/15111-new-ps4-exclusive-bloodborne-details-offline-play-playable-female-character.html

Some people were actually calling into question if the game was really exclusive since Sony/FROM didn't explicitly state it at E3 and others were wondering if it was going to be an actual RPG, I think this should answer some of those earlier questions.

I also love that Miyazaki is making references to Demon's Souls instead of Dark Souls when talking about this game because Dark Souls, great game that it is, never quite had the feel of Demon's Souls.

Hearing his thoughts on the game now is making me very excited.

Starting to sound more and more like fable. I am excited now!

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Vaasman

@casharmy said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

@Vaasman said:

haha this attempt at humor would probably be hold weight if the comments didn't come from someone who was the mind behind the game that crushed all the previous hyped WRPGs before it's time with atmosphere, gameplay and online integration never before seen.

Taking about Demon's Souls specifically not Dark Souls. The Online was ahead of it's time and the use of Soul Tendency and World Tendency was shear brilliance. If you have only played Dark Souls then you have no clue how either one of those work as they were nurfed in Dark Souls. Soul/world tendency is one of the main reason's why Demon's Souls is the most complex game of the souls series.

All of those things came out of the mind of the guy you are trying to make fun of when other hyped developers haven't even come close to matching the level of innovation and imagination of a game he made in 2009 and out of nowhere won GOTY.

I wonder if either of you guys hype The Witcher 2, and are hyped for The Witcher 3? That developer is a fan of From Software and Demon's Souls to the point of trying to make their games more like Demon's souls. Other developers are fans of Miyazaki and his dedication to his games. If Miyazaki is talking about specific aspects of his game I doubt they are as the copy and paste as what you expect from developers of other games.

You guys keep this in mind, Miyazaki is competes your favorite developers favorite developer.

Man.

I love Souls games as much as anyone, but, what the **** are you even talking about anymore?

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@alcapello said:

@RR360DD said:

@casharmy said:

@RR360DD said:

@casharmy said:

Riiiiight

LOL

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By casharmy

@Vaasman said:

@casharmy said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

@Vaasman said:

You guys keep this in mind, Miyazaki is competes your favorite developers favorite developer.

Man.

I love Souls games as much as anyone, but, what the **** are you even talking about anymore?

here

"...draws inspiration from a range of titles including the underappreciated, incredibly difficult RPG unleashed by From Software, Demon’s Souls.

“I can’t say specifically whether it’s Heavy Rain, Demon’s Souls or Arkham Asylum that has inspired us most over the past few years – it’s probably a mix of all of them,” Tomasz Gop said to Edge Magazine. “I think everyone will find elements of Demon’s Souls, though, definitely.

“We don’t auto-scale opponents, for example. If you want to compare it to anything, Demon’s Souls is definitely good. I’d like that, for sure."

http://www.lazygamer.net/general-news/you-got-your-demons-souls-in-my-witcher-2/

CD Projekt: The Witcher 2 takes inspiration from Demon’s Souls

The senior producer for the game also said the development team’s refusal to back down from inaccessible combat and a mature storyline to gain sales was similar to From Software’s approach.

“We probably are one of the few developers that do not give up too much in terms of accessibility. In that respect I think we maybe are a bit like From Software. That would be a good comparison.”

http://feedthegamer.info/2011-04-04/cd-projekt-the-witcher-2-takes-inspiration-from-demon%E2%80%99s-souls/

Lead game designers says Demon's Souls "inspired" them. There aren't many developers who actually admit to being inspired from other games, but when a game is that good they are actually proud to do so.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Vaasman

@casharmy said:

@Vaasman said:

@casharmy said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

@Vaasman said:

Man.

here

"...draws inspiration from a range of titles including the underappreciated, incredibly difficult RPG unleashed by From Software, Demon’s Souls.

“I can’t say specifically whether it’s Heavy Rain, Demon’s Souls or Arkham Asylum that has inspired us most over the past few years – it’s probably a mix of all of them,” Tomasz Gop said to Edge Magazine. “I think everyone will find elements of Demon’s Souls, though, definitely.

“We don’t auto-scale opponents, for example. If you want to compare it to anything, Demon’s Souls is definitely good. I’d like that, for sure."

http://www.lazygamer.net/general-news/you-got-your-demons-souls-in-my-witcher-2/

Lead game designers says Demon's Souls "inspired" them. There aren't many developers who actually admit to being inspired from other games, but when a game is that good they are actually proud to do so.

That has absolutely nothing to do with this thread or what either of us said. Neither did your last post.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 casharmy

@Vaasman said:

@casharmy said:

@Vaasman said:

@casharmy said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

@Vaasman said:

Man.

here

That has absolutely nothing to do with this thread or what either of us said.

Question: have you played Demon's Souls? if so was it to completion?

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

I could play as a female in Demon's Souls, Dark Souls and Dark Souls II.

Just like you do in real life.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Vaasman

@casharmy said:

@Vaasman said:

@casharmy said:

here

That has absolutely nothing to do with this thread or what either of us said.

Question: have you played Demon's Souls? if so was it to completion?

Yes but I haven't beaten it because I don't own a PS3. I beat Dark Souls 1 and 2.

Are you just drunk or is this how you assume an argument works?

First we were on having female customization in the game and the value of such a feature, and now you're just bullshitting about random crap that has nothing to do with what anyone has said.

Avatar image for paraskhos_basic
paraskhos_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 paraskhos_basic
Member since 2002 • 1243 Posts

I really like the game so far

mbrockway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 mbrockway
Member since 2007 • 3560 Posts

@clone01 said:

I hope they have the wide variety of weapons and armor like they did in the souls games.

There was actually a regular sword and a halberd in the older Project Beast trailer so looks like it has the same customization. This confirms it is a more action focused expansion on the Souls action rpg formula. I am SO freaking hyped over this right now.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts

Making characters is only fun in Saints Row because you can give your guy a big package.

TC disappoints, once again.

Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Mr-Kutaragi
Member since 2013 • 2466 Posts

So much bitter over ps4 exclusive. I think he has to make tattoo before they accept it on reddit and gamespot and kotaku.

mbrockway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 mbrockway
Member since 2007 • 3560 Posts

@CrownKingArthur said:

@Vaasman said:

This is actually more valuable as a confirmation that there is online multiplayer. The trailers all look alot like a DMC style single player action game with no indications of online play. It also confirms you aren't stuck as the Corsair from the trailer, so the narrative is more open.

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Alcapello
Member since 2014 • 1396 Posts

Look like now that the xbox version is gone they taking out the hybrid built

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61485 Posts

Wow! I can play as a female and customize my character? Bricks have been shat.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

Wow! I can play as a female and customize my character? Bricks have been shat.

Okay...

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By MonsieurX

@scottpsfan14 said:

@MonsieurX said:

This thread

How about you actually contribute something to this forum for once? Is it so much to ask?

This comment

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#41 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

I have never been so excited by gameplay of a character walking and doing practically nothing. FROMsoft is the balls, and I will throw money at any RPG they make. Praise the sun.

PS: King's Field for lyfe.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Casharmy, please never change.

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By AmazonAngry
Member since 2014 • 968 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

This thread

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By CrashNBurn281
Member since 2014 • 1574 Posts

I dunno. The trailer I saw from E3 didn't have me jumping up and down for this title. Granted there is a lot of work to be done and seeing further from this game could easily change my mind.

The gameplay I observed the character animations seemed lifeless to me, but hey it's pre alpha. Not something I can judge at this point, just haven't been hyped yet. The environment and monsters did look cool though.

StrifeDelivery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 StrifeDelivery
Member since 2006 • 1901 Posts

@Desmonic said:

Oh, it has a character creator? Nice. I got the impression we were getting a fixed protagonist.

For some reason, I also kind of had the thought it was a fixed character as well.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 MonsieurX

@amazonangry said:

@MonsieurX said:

This thread

I wish I had games that allowed me to play as a girl,damnit!

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 AmazonAngry
Member since 2014 • 968 Posts

@MonsieurX: you wish you had games, period.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 MonsieurX

@amazonangry said:

@MonsieurX: you wish you had games, period.

Got tons to play,unlike the PS4

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

Be better if you could play with a female...