NEW 360 WIll actually HELP PS3 SALES!! My opinion heres why..

• 122 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

McSkombi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 McSkombi
Member since 2006 • 842 Posts
X360 is a wannabe PS3. FACT.xxThyLordxx
Yes it is: Black, HDMI etc. ... well this is Micro$oft: Lets copy this and that, than lets claim that Sony is the one who copies. Short: Lets do, what we did with Apple (i.e.: copy the Mac, ipod etc.). Then they buy everthing they can to destroy it (i.e.: Rare...). And y'all supporting them damn!
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#52 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts

Yes brand name superiority, in gaming in the REAL world. PlayStation is a household name. Xbox 360? Not even close. The only thing Microsoft has brand name superiority on is Windows OS. It's not going to convince any PS3 buyer to pick up the Zephyr, seeing as it still doesn't come with a hi-def media player. Can't blame MS for that though, bundling a dieing HD-DVD and upping the price to almost $700 is completely stupid. So the price tags are a lot closer but still lacks one of the main selling points.KeyWii

Bundling what? Are you making stuff up again? MS has yet to even confirm this things existence and you already know how its going to be packaged?

As for branding, you realize that Xbox is indeed a household name, and Microsoft is a worldwide name, right? As for brand superiority, Nintendo owned that title, and that never helped the Gamecube, did it? Names don't sell systems, games do.

And a high-def media player? No one outside a small niche cares about Blu-Ray, HD-DVD, or HVDs. 

Fusible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#53 Fusible
Member since 2005 • 2828 Posts

[QUOTE="xxThyLordxx"]X360 is a wannabe PS3. FACT.JeffGenocideX

PS3 is a wannabe PC. FACT.

But really fails at it, and just about every game that has come out both the 360, and PS3. It has looked better on 360. FACT!

TripleXAlexXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 TripleXAlexXx
Member since 2006 • 867 Posts

PROBLEM: The 20gig no longer exists.

And if it does, it's in the process of being extinct.

So, top of the line 360 is still $120 dollars cheaper.

Sorry.

kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 kcpp2b
Member since 2006 • 12498 Posts
[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]

[QUOTE="KeyWii"]You're actually right BigBoss, I have brought this up many times. $20 difference between the two systems, people will go for the PS3. You get a blu-ray player for an extra $20 + all the great PS3 games. I don't see how anyone who already owns a 360 could run out and pick up the Zephyr when they may as well just buy a PS3. Also, PlayStation has brand name superiority, so a 360 in PS3 price range = Not good. And the new 360 looks like a blatant ripoff, it's black and has an hdmi port...KeyWii

Brand superiority? Than Microsoft? Maybe in gaming, but not in the real world.

And this model in not aimed at people who already own a 360, as there is no reason to buy this new one, since they play the same games.

This new model serves one purpose, to convince PS3 buyers to get a 360, since most people don't care about Blu-Ray (its true, most average people are content with DVD), and there is a larger HDD, HDMI, and a cheaper price than a PS3.

Yes brand name superiority, in gaming in the REAL world. PlayStation is a household name. Xbox 360? Not even close. The only thing Microsoft has brand name superiority on is Windows OS. It's not going to convince any PS3 buyer to pick up the Zephyr, seeing as it still doesn't come with a hi-def media player. Can't blame MS for that though, bundling a dieing HD-DVD and upping the price to almost $700 is completely stupid. So the price tags are a lot closer but still lacks one of the main selling points.

Hey KeyWii how come you ran out of two threads before because you couldn't admit you were wrong and you lied about the 360  only being able to 2 downloads qued at once. Why run out of two of your own threads? Can't just admit you're wrong?

I mean your brand is so superior which I guess makes you think you're superior so why not admit you were wrong almighty KeyWii?  

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 SpruceCaboose

[QUOTE="xxThyLordxx"]X360 is a wannabe PS3. FACT.McSkombi
Yes it is: Black, HDMI etc. ... well this is Micro$oft: Lets copy this and that, than lets claim that Sony is the one who copies. Short: Lets do, what we did with Apple (i.e.: copy the Mac, ipod etc.). Then they buy everthing they can to destroy it (i.e.: Rare...). And y'all supporting them damn!

How about when MS gave Apple support to bail it out of massive financial trouble? Buying development houses destroys gaming? Better tell that to EA. 

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

It is a Trojan Horse

thenorminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 thenorminator
Member since 2005 • 702 Posts
i thought the the "new" x360 was a April Fool's joke. why would MS release another x360 system with a higher price tap? the price is whats hurting the PS3(not the lack games)
asmallchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 asmallchild
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts
[QUOTE="JeffGenocideX"]

[QUOTE="xxThyLordxx"]X360 is a wannabe PS3. FACT.Fusible

But really fails at it, and just about every game that has come out both the 360, and PS3. It has looked better on 360. FACT!

Oblivion. Wow. I just killed your FACT game. Cha-ching.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 SpruceCaboose
[QUOTE="Fusible"][QUOTE="JeffGenocideX"]

[QUOTE="xxThyLordxx"]X360 is a wannabe PS3. FACT.asmallchild

But really fails at it, and just about every game that has come out both the 360, and PS3. It has looked better on 360. FACT!

Oblivion. Wow. I just killed your FACT game. Cha-ching.

Yes you did. FACT. 

kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 kcpp2b

Here's fanboy logic vs. common sense

Xbox360 core - $299
Xbox360 pre. - $399
Xbox360 New - $480 (mind you this is not even confirmed nor is the price confirmed but let's say this is fact and real)

PS3 20GB - $499 (Being discontinued)
PS3 60GB - $599

Common sense = PS3 is $120 more then the new 360 model which is an option if you want to get it and $200 more then the Premium model.

Fanboy logic = PS3 is only $20 more then the new 360 model and there are no other 360 models / packages other then the new one but the PS3 has the 20GB and 60GB

Hilarious 

(Oh and the 360 can only have 2 downloads in que unlike 6 for the PS3) 

KeyWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 KeyWii
Member since 2006 • 4884 Posts

[QUOTE="KeyWii"] Yes brand name superiority, in gaming in the REAL world. PlayStation is a household name. Xbox 360? Not even close. The only thing Microsoft has brand name superiority on is Windows OS. It's not going to convince any PS3 buyer to pick up the Zephyr, seeing as it still doesn't come with a hi-def media player. Can't blame MS for that though, bundling a dieing HD-DVD and upping the price to almost $700 is completely stupid. So the price tags are a lot closer but still lacks one of the main selling points.SpruceCaboose

Bundling what? Are you making stuff up again? MS has yet to even confirm this things existence and you already know how its going to be packaged?

As for branding, you realize that Xbox is indeed a household name, and Microsoft is a worldwide name, right? As for brand superiority, Nintendo owned that title, and that never helped the Gamecube, did it? Names don't sell systems, games do.

And a high-def media player? No one outside a small niche cares about Blu-Ray, HD-DVD, or HVDs.

The Microsoft name, just like the Sony name, doesn't even factor in. It's the name of the PRODUCT. The PlayStation brand name is so much stronger than the Xbox brand name. And anyone with half an unbiased brain can tell you that. My dad still doesn't even know what an Xbox is, although he knows what I'm saying if I say Nintendo or PlayStation. Xbox isn't a household name. Sony and Microsoft are worldwide brands but like I said it doesn't matter, that only works for Nintendo, because all Nintendo focuses on is games. Bundling an HD-DVD player will never happen, I'm just saying anyone who wants a PS3 isn't going to look at the Zephyr and think "Oooh, an upgrade for less!" because it still doesn't offer one of the main selling points of the PS3, and if it did, it would be way too expensive and offer a deadbeat format to boot. Zephyr and the 120GB hard drive were designed for one thing, and that is IPTV.
Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#63 Bgrngod
Member since 2002 • 5766 Posts
[QUOTE="KeyWii"]Yes brand name superiority, in gaming in the REAL world. PlayStation is a household name. Xbox 360? Not even close. The only thing Microsoft has brand name superiority on is Windows OS. It's not going to convince any PS3 buyer to pick up the Zephyr, seeing as it still doesn't come with a hi-def media player. Can't blame MS for that though, bundling a dieing HD-DVD and upping the price to almost $700 is completely stupid. So the price tags are a lot closer but still lacks one of the main selling points.kcpp2b

Hey KeyWii how come you ran out of two threads before because you couldn't admit you were wrong and you lied about the 360  only being able to 2 downloads qued at once. Why run out of two of your own threads? Can't just admit you're wrong?

I mean your brand is so superior which I guess makes you think you're superior so why not admit you were wrong almighty KeyWii?  

Say what? PS3 Background Downloading > Xbox 360 Background downloading
thinicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 thinicer
Member since 2006 • 3704 Posts

Yes brand name superiority, in gaming in the REAL world. PlayStation is a household name. Xbox 360? Not even close. The only thing Microsoft has brand name superiority on is Windows OS. It's not going to convince any PS3 buyer to pick up the Zephyr, seeing as it still doesn't come with a hi-def media player. Can't blame MS for that though, bundling a dieing HD-DVD and upping the price to almost $700 is completely stupid. So the price tags are a lot closer but still lacks one of the main selling points.KeyWii

Depending on how good IPTV is, if it lives up to its billing it will easily provide high-definition movies & content to the 360 without the need of a media player. 

KeyWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 KeyWii

Hey fanboys, next time you say Sony is discontuning the 20GB PS3, check your facts first.

20GB PS3 NOT Discontinued

We reported on a rumor last week stating that perhaps Sony had quit making the 20GB model PS3. This has not only proven to be untrue, but it has Sony reporting that stores have simply been requesting a much higher supply of the 60GB model.

"The 20GB model of PS3 is available in North America, along with the 60GB model. While we make it available to retailers, they are the ones who ultimately place the order for what they want to sell, based on consumer demand. Overwhelmingly, retailers have been requesting the 60GB model, the mix has been about 80 percent 60GB, 20 percent 20GB retailer orders. So, the reason you might not be seeing the 20 GB is simply that retailers have been ordering more of the 60 GB unit."

http://console.hardocp.com/news.html?news=MjQ3MzAsLCxoY29uc29sZSwsLDE=

K, thanks.

DrCoCoPiMp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 DrCoCoPiMp
Member since 2005 • 4088 Posts
It's not about games, it's about the sexiness of the console
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 SpruceCaboose

The Microsoft name, just like the Sony name, doesn't even factor in. It's the name of the PRODUCT. The PlayStation brand name is so much stronger than the Xbox brand name. And anyone with half an unbiased brain can tell you that. My dad still doesn't even know what an Xbox is, although he knows what I'm saying if I say Nintendo or PlayStation. Xbox isn't a household name. Sony and Microsoft are worldwide brands but like I said it doesn't matter, that only works for Nintendo, because all Nintendo focuses on is games. Bundling an HD-DVD player will never happen, I'm just saying anyone who wants a PS3 isn't going to look at the Zephyr and think "Oooh, an upgrade for less!" because it still doesn't offer one of the main selling points of the PS3, and if it did, it would be way too expensive and offer a deadbeat format to boot. Zephyr and the 120GB hard drive were designed for one thing, and that is IPTV. KeyWii

When you buy a PC, are you buying a Dimension 2800, or are you buying a Dell? When you buy a car, are you buying a Prius, or are you buying a Toyota? When you buy a TV, are you buying a Bravia, or are you buying a Sony?

The manufactures behind the models are what sells most people, which is why in the media, its always a Nintendo Wii, a Sony Playstation, a Microsoft Xbox.

As for your dad, he is not everyone. Xbox is not as well known as Playstation, but it is quickly getting there. 

thinicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 thinicer

Hey fanboys, next time you say Sony is discontuning the 20GB PS3, check your facts first.

KeyWii

Oh, and you're not a fanboy?

By the way, please direct me to a link where I can buy an in-stock 20gig PS3.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 SpruceCaboose

We reported on a rumor last week stating that perhaps Sony had quit making the 20GB model PS3. This has not only proven to be untrue, but it has Sony reporting that stores have simply been requesting a much higher supply of the 60GB model.

"The 20GB model of PS3 is available in North America, along with the 60GB model. While we make it available to retailers, they are the ones who ultimately place the order for what they want to sell, based on consumer demand. Overwhelmingly, retailers have been requesting the 60GB model, the mix has been about 80 percent 60GB, 20 percent 20GB retailer orders. So, the reason you might not be seeing the 20 GB is simply that retailers have been ordering more of the 60 GB unit."

K, thanks.

KeyWii

We aren't discontinuing them, you just cannot find them in stores. Got it. Thanks 

kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 kcpp2b

check your facts first

KeyWii

Hey KeyWii how many Downloads can the 360 have qued at once? Do you know the answer or do you wanna make one up?

What's this KeyWii? More facts?

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25463134

Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Bgrngod

K, thanks.

KeyWii
So they should check their facts about the 20 gig model but you wont check yours about the Elite?
KeyWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 KeyWii

[QUOTE="KeyWii"]Yes brand name superiority, in gaming in the REAL world. PlayStation is a household name. Xbox 360? Not even close. The only thing Microsoft has brand name superiority on is Windows OS. It's not going to convince any PS3 buyer to pick up the Zephyr, seeing as it still doesn't come with a hi-def media player. Can't blame MS for that though, bundling a dieing HD-DVD and upping the price to almost $700 is completely stupid. So the price tags are a lot closer but still lacks one of the main selling points.thinicer

Depending on how good IPTV is, if it lives up to its billing it will easily provide high-definition movies & content to the 360 without the need of a media player.

Yeah but you'll need the ZEPHYR or the 120GB HDD to really even use IPTV. Zephyr was made specifically for IPTV. I suppose this was the PLAN B Microsoft had if HD-DVD fell through.
kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 kcpp2b
[QUOTE="thinicer"]

[QUOTE="KeyWii"]Yes brand name superiority, in gaming in the REAL world. PlayStation is a household name. Xbox 360? Not even close. The only thing Microsoft has brand name superiority on is Windows OS. It's not going to convince any PS3 buyer to pick up the Zephyr, seeing as it still doesn't come with a hi-def media player. Can't blame MS for that though, bundling a dieing HD-DVD and upping the price to almost $700 is completely stupid. So the price tags are a lot closer but still lacks one of the main selling points.KeyWii

Yeah but you'll need the ZEPHYR or the 120GB HDD to really even use IPTV. Zephyr was made specifically for IPTV. I suppose this was the PLAN B Microsoft had if HD-DVD fell through.

Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Bgrngod
[QUOTE="thinicer"]

[QUOTE="KeyWii"]Yes brand name superiority, in gaming in the REAL world. PlayStation is a household name. Xbox 360? Not even close. The only thing Microsoft has brand name superiority on is Windows OS. It's not going to convince any PS3 buyer to pick up the Zephyr, seeing as it still doesn't come with a hi-def media player. Can't blame MS for that though, bundling a dieing HD-DVD and upping the price to almost $700 is completely stupid. So the price tags are a lot closer but still lacks one of the main selling points.KeyWii

Yeah, so. MS never sold IPTV as a feature of the original Xbox360. What's the problem here? Offering a product that can handle IPTV is a bad thing? They would be foolish to NOT do it.
thinicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 thinicer

Yeah but you'll need the ZEPHYR or the 120GB HDD to really even use IPTV. Zephyr was made specifically for IPTV. I suppose this was the PLAN B Microsoft had if HD-DVD fell through.KeyWii

"Really use" is debateable. With IPTV you will still be able to get high-definition movies in-demand. It doesn't need to be saved to your hard drive. 

asmallchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 asmallchild
It's not about games, it's about the sexiness of the consoleDrCoCoPiMp
Ahhh...now I get it. PS3 in a landslide then. :)
kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 kcpp2b

Hey why argue with KeyWii guys?? Stop it! You just talk your non sense but keywii brings "facts" and never lies. He never says something without knowing anything about it. I mean he's played the 360 before so obvously he knows what he's saying when he wrote this:

And if that is 100% true and a reflection on his character everything he's saying here must also be true  

KeyWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 KeyWii

[QUOTE="KeyWii"]The Microsoft name, just like the Sony name, doesn't even factor in. It's the name of the PRODUCT. The PlayStation brand name is so much stronger than the Xbox brand name. And anyone with half an unbiased brain can tell you that. My dad still doesn't even know what an Xbox is, although he knows what I'm saying if I say Nintendo or PlayStation. Xbox isn't a household name. Sony and Microsoft are worldwide brands but like I said it doesn't matter, that only works for Nintendo, because all Nintendo focuses on is games. Bundling an HD-DVD player will never happen, I'm just saying anyone who wants a PS3 isn't going to look at the Zephyr and think "Oooh, an upgrade for less!" because it still doesn't offer one of the main selling points of the PS3, and if it did, it would be way too expensive and offer a deadbeat format to boot. Zephyr and the 120GB hard drive were designed for one thing, and that is IPTV. SpruceCaboose

When you buy a PC, are you buying a Dimension 2800, or are you buying a Dell? When you buy a car, are you buying a Prius, or are you buying a Toyota? When you buy a TV, are you buying a Bravia, or are you buying a Sony?

The manufactures behind the models are what sells most people, which is why in the media, its always a Nintendo Wii, a Sony Playstation, a Microsoft Xbox.

As for your dad, he is not everyone. Xbox is not as well known as Playstation, but it is quickly getting there.

No, the product brand name has more power than the manufacturer brand name. Yes, I'm buying a Bravia HDTV, not a Sony HDTV. I'm buying a PRIUS, not a TOYOTA CAR. The Bravia is a good example you brought up because Bravia is one of many Sony HDTV's, but Bravias are far and away the most popular, why? Because people know Bravias are good televisions, not because Sony makes it.
Cor-WII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Cor-WII
Member since 2006 • 111 Posts
No one will think twice taking a gimped PS3 over a new 360.
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#80 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
the $500 ps3 is getting phased out so who cares.
-The-G-Man-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 -The-G-Man-
Member since 2007 • 6414 Posts

Here's fanboy logic vs. common sense

Xbox360 core - $299
Xbox360 pre. - $399
Xbox360 New - $480 (mind you this is not even confirmed nor is the price confirmed but let's say this is fact and real)

PS3 20GB - $499 (Being discontinued)
PS3 60GB - $599

Common sense = PS3 is $120 more then the new 360 model which is an option if you want to get it and $200 more then the Premium model.

Fanboy logic = PS3 is only $20 more then the new 360 model and there are no other 360 models / packages other then the new one but the PS3 has the 20GB and 60GB

Hilarious 

(Oh and the 360 can only have 2 downloads in que unlike 6 for the PS3) 

kcpp2b

Exactly.  So people just won't buy the other two 360s just because a more expensive one is coming out?

kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 kcpp2b

I guess KeyWii would rather avoid me then admit he was wrong.

Well just further proof that KeyWii and everything he says cannot be trusted and that he's a 100% fanboy. Any adult would own up when they are wrong.

Like I said it's discontinued, maybe I'm wrong but you can't find it anywhere which is my point cause I can't find one in stores here unless they're just trying to sell it off to get rid of the ones hey have remaining maybe but still like I said FS and Bestbuy don't have one I can purchase and online shows only the 60GB version.

So KeyWii can you admit you were wrong on this, like you have been on many things? 

tovarischs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 tovarischs
Member since 2006 • 170 Posts

Congratulations, my IQ has dropped by reading this thread. FACT.

-John

kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 kcpp2b

Just face it fanboys no one is forced to buy a new 360 version. The premium or core isnt cancelled and the new version isn't even confirmed.

Meanwhile the 20GB is hard to find while the 60GB isn't. 

gingerdivid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#85 gingerdivid
Member since 2006 • 7206 Posts
You're actually right BigBoss, I have brought this up many times. $20 difference between the two systems, people will go for the PS3. You get a blu-ray player for an extra $20 + all the great PS3 games. I don't see how anyone who already owns a 360 could run out and pick up the Zephyr when they may as well just buy a PS3. Also, PlayStation has brand name superiority, so a 360 in PS3 price range = Not good. And the new 360 looks like a blatant ripoff, it's black and has an hdmi port...KeyWii
Your arguement would hold wieght in say like a years time when the PS3 has some good games under its belt as for now the 360 is the better deal, not in the sense that its a better console. Just its lacking in games, for now anyway :)
shoeman12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#86 shoeman12
Member since 2005 • 8744 Posts
no. the 20 gig has been all but discontinued. the premium will drop to 350.
thinicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 thinicer

Just face it fanboys no one is forced to buy a new 360 version. The premium or core isnt cancelled and the new version isn't even confirmed.

Meanwhile the 20GB is hard to find while the 60GB isn't.

kcpp2b

The 20gig is impossible to find. KeyWii posted a story where Sony says that retailers aren't buying it, but you can't even get the 20gig directly from Sony's online store. When you try to add the 20gig PS3 to your cart, you get a pop-up message saying that it's unavailable.

Sony fanboys should stop talking about the 20 gig like it's some kind of viable option. It's not an option if you can't find it anywhere.

TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 TheCrazed420
Member since 2003 • 7661 Posts
I love it when cows have arguments about why the ps3 is better, yet games are strangely omitted from their posts. Brainwash FTW.
DXGreat1_HGL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#89 DXGreat1_HGL
Member since 2003 • 7543 Posts

I love it when cows have arguments about why the ps3 is better, yet games are strangely omitted from their posts. Brainwash FTW.TheCrazed420

PS3 is better at collecting dust....

Avatar image for fatzombiepigeon
fatzombiepigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#90 fatzombiepigeon
Member since 2005 • 8199 Posts
Tell me where I can find a 500 dollar PS3. Many retailers have it as "discontinued". Last time I checked, confirmation by retailers was enough for most cows to claim the zephyer existed, and we all know how that turned out.
asmallchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 asmallchild
Just face it fanboys no one is forced to buy a new 360 version.kcpp2b

It's still not a positive thing to do to your fanbase.

While I own a Xbox360 and will be voluntarily trading up to the Elite, I would have appreciated it if they had released this system from the very start.

Avatar image for HyperMetaDragon
HyperMetaDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#92 HyperMetaDragon
Member since 2006 • 5345 Posts
Poor fanboy. Who said the 360 would be $480?
ChiChiMonKilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 ChiChiMonKilla
Member since 2007 • 2339 Posts
[QUOTE="kcpp2b"]Just face it fanboys no one is forced to buy a new 360 version.asmallchild

While I own a Xbox360 and will be voluntarily trading up to the Elite, I would have appreciated it if they had released this system from the very start.

I'm sure ms wanted to release this new system 1st but wanted to beat the ps3 to market dropped the spec to get under $400.

LoeJance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 LoeJance
Member since 2006 • 1595 Posts

[QUOTE="xxThyLordxx"]X360 is a wannabe PS3. FACT.JeffGenocideX

It's kind of funny that, that statement could actually be a fact.:lol:
tango90101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 tango90101
Member since 2006 • 5977 Posts

let's hope you're right..

the ps3 needs all the help it can get.  it's flopping horribly...:(

Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Bgrngod
[QUOTE="kcpp2b"]Just face it fanboys no one is forced to buy a new 360 version.asmallchild

/agree I am curious if MS takes a "refresh once a year" approach with the hardware. Like will we be seeing another update in 2 years that adds an internal HD format drive or something? Will they turn the 360 into a PCish brand?
asmallchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 asmallchild
Poor fanboy. Who said the 360 would be $480?HyperMetaDragon
The Elite is priced at $480.
asmallchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 asmallchild
[QUOTE="asmallchild"][QUOTE="kcpp2b"]Just face it fanboys no one is forced to buy a new 360 version.Bgrngod

/agree I am curious if MS takes a "refresh once a year" approach with the hardware. Like will we be seeing another update in 2 years that adds an internal HD format drive or something? Will they turn the 360 into a PCish brand?

That's a good question. I think that's definitely a possibility. I don't particularly like that strategy as I'm used to having all my systems stay the same throughout its lifespan (see: SNES, PSX, Xbox) but from Microsoft's vantagepoint, it's not such a bad idea. Offer an improved product and increase the price too. Not a bad business move.
kyle-244

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 kyle-244
Member since 2006 • 1198 Posts
X360 is a wannabe PS3. FACT.xxThyLordxx
:lol: you MUST be a fanboy
Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Bgrngod
[QUOTE="Bgrngod"][QUOTE="asmallchild"][QUOTE="kcpp2b"]Just face it fanboys no one is forced to buy a new 360 version.asmallchild

That's a good question. I think that's definitely a possibility. I don't particularly like that strategy as I'm used to having all my systems stay the same throughout its lifespan (see: SNES, PSX, Xbox) but from Microsoft's vantagepoint, it's not such a bad idea. Offer an improved product and increase the price too. Not a bad business move.

Heck the N64 had the "memory expansion" pack that was required for some games to run smoothly. I'd rather the hardware stay the same, and if they have to make improvements, save it for the next-gen.