Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39691 Posts

@tjandmia said:

lol. Are cows emulating Sheep by buying remakes of 10 and 20 year old games on their console?

How can you emulate a sheep when Nintendo has never remade a game. All they do is emulation or release cheap remasters, because even if they do remake a game, since their hardware is on par with what ancient Egyptians had, we wouldn't be able to see any graphical improvements, only shittier frames.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13669 Posts

Sony is tone deaf with the way they blanket apply their $70 price tag.

A lot of the games released on the PS5 haven't justified that.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#53  Edited By Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

@Litchie: Bruh come on lol. One thing is making Tess look like a 45 year old rather than a 30 y/o hottie in the original TLOU

but they won't turn 12 year old Ellie into a 52 year old.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#54 PC_Rocks  Online
Member since 2018 • 8505 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:
@pc_rocks said:

Congratulations, what you just described is a definition of same sh*t with new coat of paint and hence a cashgrab.

Nah, unless you want to water down and define all manner of capitalism as a cash grab (which it is), the term otherwise comes with the implication and connotation of a low-effort, half-assed, poorly-done hasty job solely for the $$$.

This ain’t it. The entire game has been rebuilt for the PS5. That’s a shitload of work and care put into it, which is apparent upon playing. I’ve already mentioned the differences, but it’s a current gen TLoU. Looks far better, sounds far better, plays far better.

But but I can understand how people are just looking at screenshots and coming to that conclusion.

It has the same game/level design, the same gameplay loop, the same mechanics. It just looks better and have been re-released twice already within a spam of less than 10 years. It also has less content (MP) with an increased price, and most probably released to tie/ride on the hype from new show. All of this is nothing but a cash grab.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17689 Posts

@pc_rocks said:
@MirkoS77 said:
@pc_rocks said:

Congratulations, what you just described is a definition of same sh*t with new coat of paint and hence a cashgrab.

Nah, unless you want to water down and define all manner of capitalism as a cash grab (which it is), the term otherwise comes with the implication and connotation of a low-effort, half-assed, poorly-done hasty job solely for the $$$.

This ain’t it. The entire game has been rebuilt for the PS5. That’s a shitload of work and care put into it, which is apparent upon playing. I’ve already mentioned the differences, but it’s a current gen TLoU. Looks far better, sounds far better, plays far better.

But but I can understand how people are just looking at screenshots and coming to that conclusion.

It has the same game/level design, the same gameplay loop, the same mechanics. It just looks better and have been re-released twice already within a spam of less than 10 years. It also has less content (MP) with an increased price, and most probably released to tie/ride on the hype from new show. All of this is nothing but a cash grab.

Cash grab:

1) A scheme by companies to make poorly made product just for the purpose of making money 2) Referring to an expensive but poorly made product.

Argue that it’s creatively bankrupt, but the remake is not poorly made. It’s not low effort. Play it, and you’ll see this. Just because it has the same content does not make it a cash grab.

stacweed11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 stacweed11
Member since 2020 • 448 Posts

I'm actually enjoying the remake. The new facial animations in the scenes are something else. Only thing that sucks is the price. I bought the firefly edition, so I got enough to warrent my purchase. If I bought just the game, I would have waited

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3418 Posts

I'm convinced most gamers don't have decent jobs. Nothing but whining about prices. You want to save money so bad, don't play videogames. The truth is it's very much a luxury hobby. And unlike the price of gas and Nintendo titles, the price for this will come down. Entitled man babies.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 7043 Posts

I'm actually really enjoying it. Visually it looks incredible and the animations, AI and Physics have all been greatly improved.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 PC_Rocks  Online

@MirkoS77 said:
@pc_rocks said:

Cash grab:

1) A scheme by companies to make poorly made product just for the purpose of making money 2) Referring to an expensive but poorly made product.

Argue that it’s creatively bankrupt, but the remake is not poorly made. It’s not low effort. Play it, and you’ll see this. Just because it has the same content does not make it a cash grab.

Yup! Seems like it perfectly fits the definition of a cash grab.

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

When the ps5 pro 10 dollar upgrade then the 70 dollar ps6 versions are announced,cows will still defend the teat pulling by Sony.

Terrified to criticize Sony....the poor saps

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#61  Edited By Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

13 hours into THe Last of Us Part I already. superb remake. absolutely a 10/10 masterpiece. Would win GOTY in any year that Elden Ring didn't release in.

Edit: I would love the prone/dodge mechanics and fluidity of TLOU2 implemented here, but that would be too OP. 11/10 game.

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 MysticalDonut
Member since 2021 • 2505 Posts

@Sagemode87 said:

I'm convinced most gamers don't have decent jobs. Nothing but whining about prices. You want to save money so bad, don't play videogames. The truth is it's very much a luxury hobby. And unlike the price of gas and Nintendo titles, the price for this will come down. Entitled man babies.

I'd rather just make an intelligent buying decision, like saving my money for a brand new game I've never experienced before. Not spending $70 on a game I already own on disc and inside the PS Plus Collection.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 MirkoS77

@pc_rocks said:
@MirkoS77 said:
@pc_rocks said:

Cash grab:

Nope, not by that definition.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By MirkoS77
@silentchief said:

I'm actually really enjoying it. Visually it looks incredible and the animations, AI and Physics have all been greatly improved.

It is a pretty big improvement (AI and physics/rag doll are large upgrades), one that’s hard to see until you play it. I especially love the slow motion shooting modifier, it’s good fun.

I do think that Sony was a bit off the mark with its marketing though. They should have been clearer on how it would be “enhanced” and “modernized“ without leading people to believe it would be like TLoU II. It’s accurate to call it those things, but only in the strict confines of the original.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7275 Posts

@greygoose12 said:

@warm_gun: It looks worse wow !

Pay 70 dollars for a remake of a remake and only get half the original game, no multiplayer. Then defend them and spend more of your money so the keep doing it. Makes sense to me lol

looks worse? how so. you going by the fake screen shots above of the character models?

game looks way better. even the lighting.

like saying the ps3 demon souls looks better than the ps5 remake.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Gifford38

@Sagemode87 said:

99% of the ones crying about it have no intension of even buying it.

if they do wait for a price cut like me.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Gifford38

I hope sony remakes all of there games then put them on ps now for ps5 user to play.

way better than just adding HD.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 PC_Rocks  Online

@MirkoS77 said:
@pc_rocks said:
@MirkoS77 said:
@pc_rocks said:

Cash grab:

Yup, definitely by that definition.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 MirkoS77

@pc_rocks said:
@MirkoS77 said:
@pc_rocks said:
@MirkoS77 said:
@pc_rocks said:

Cash grab:

Probably best to play it first.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 PC_Rocks  Online

@MirkoS77 said:
@pc_rocks said:

Probably best to play it first.

Already played it almost a decade back.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2486 Posts
@gifford38 said:
@greygoose12 said:

Pay 70 dollars for a remake of a remake and only get half the original game, no multiplayer. Then defend them and spend more of your money so the keep doing it. Makes sense to me lol

looks worse? how so. you going by the fake screen shots above of the character models?

Gamespot is the unfunniest gaming forum around. Everywhere else I saw/posted the picture people took it as the joke it is. Shouldn't even be pointing out that it's fake, Jesus. Everyone has a stick up their butt. Maybe not as deep in there as the Escapist users, but pretty deep.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Gifford38

@warm_gun said:
@gifford38 said:
@greygoose12 said:

Gamespot is the unfunniest gaming forum around. Everywhere else I saw/posted the picture people took it as the joke it is. Shouldn't even be pointing out that it's fake, Jesus. Everyone has a stick up their butt. Maybe not as deep in there as the Escapist users, but pretty deep.

I can see not paying 70 bucks. but people in here are taking those screen shots like its real.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#73 iambatman7986  Online
Member since 2013 • 4582 Posts

I am interested in replaying it at some point, but the price would have to be closer to $10-$15 than $70. Sony is way out of line with that price. It isn't because I don't have a good job, it is because I put a value on things, and replaying a game I already played with enhanced graphics isn't worth $40 to me so $70 is way out there.

I did the same with Demon's Souls Remake. I waited until I found the game at a price I thought would make it worth it and Demon's Souls is a much more in-depth game with a lot more replay value than Last of Us, which was a one and done game for me.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#74 mowgly1
Member since 2017 • 2994 Posts
@Sagemode87 said:

@mesome713: stay Mad Lem. Higher than Halo Infinite on Metacritic. A 10 year old remake 🙂

Yep. Check this out. A well known and paid Xbox Ambassador said this and caused so many hate by Xbox fans

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By MirkoS77
@gifford38 said:
@warm_gun said:
@gifford38 said:
@greygoose12 said:

I can see not paying 70 bucks. but people in here are taking those screen shots like its real.

In all fairness it’s a decent shop, and with ND’s propensity to age and desexualize their characters I can see how some may have bought into it with nothing but a cursory glance.

Plus, there are those who are more casual fans of the franchise who don’t pay much attention to it.