MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 MysticalDonut
Member since 2021 • 2505 Posts

This combat trailer is near identical to the one released nearly ten years ago for the PS3. I like how they finally acknowledge no prone or dodge mechanics in this remake from TLOU Part II and try to justify by saying it wouldn't work with Joel against clickers. Uh, so just make it only work against human enemies or even runner infected? For shame, for shame.

Sad to see one of my favorite franchises of all time be milked like this, please don't spend $70 on this and let them get away with it. This cannot become an industry norm!

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7222 Posts

This is embarrassing.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3418 Posts

@mesome713: stay Mad Lem. Higher than Halo Infinite on Metacritic. A 10 year old remake 🙂

kejigoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 kejigoto
Member since 2004 • 2735 Posts

"Guys we made the same game with better graphics and AI. $70 please. No multi-player."

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13040 Posts

@Sagemode87 said:

@mesome713: stay Mad Lem. Higher than Halo Infinite on Metacritic. A 10 year old remake 🙂

$70 for a remastered remaster and only half the content 😅

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MysticalDonut
Member since 2021 • 2505 Posts

@kejigoto said:

"Guys we made the same game with better graphics and AI. $70 please. No multi-player."

lollll

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17676 Posts

I would love to hear an explanation as to how including dodge would "subvert certain game mechanics" Joel has. Such as?

There's absolutely no reason dodge wouldn't work in this as it did in Part II. Prone? Ok, I can buy that the levels weren't designed to be conducive to utilizing such a mechanic, but please ND, stop trying to bullshit your way out of leaving out a mechanic that would've done nothing but added to the experience.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56242 Posts

I do find it strange the gaming media is hyping this again as if were back in 2013 even though this is just a Remake and while I still adore TLOU back in 2013, I think the combat has somewhat improve, the only difference is that you can now dodge Clickers this time around, you can only dodge Humans in the original game is what they're referring to.

Of course I'm gonna get the game...on PC that is when its on a discount and Sony thinks I'm gonna pay $70 for the PC version too, please.

@x_hedon said:
@Sagemode87 said:

And it's not about not having the money, it's about principle of buying something for more than its worth - and while the updated features are nice and yes, I seen the Remaster vs Remake comparisons, they are indeed impressive in my eyes, it's simply not worth $70. Half content or not, its the principles that I'm talking about.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Fedor  Online
Member since 2015 • 11625 Posts

Not even a decade old and already has a remaster and remake lol.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

I would love to hear an explanation as to how including dodge would "subvert certain game mechanics" Joel has. Such as?

There's absolutely no reason dodge wouldn't work in this as it did in Part II. Prone? Ok, I can buy that the levels weren't designed to be conducive to utilizing such a mechanic, but please ND, stop trying to bullshit your way out of leaving out a mechanic that would've done nothing but added to the experience.

Agreed 100%. Shame that they couldn't spend the extra time to nail down the efficiencies from LOU2. That's the easiest sell they could have had for charging another 70 bucks for it.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10490 Posts

disappointing. prone would be a big gameplay plus in any game with even a modicum of stealth. fc2 for example

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2461 Posts

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58408 Posts
@x_hedon said:
@Sagemode87 said:

"Pay more for less" seems to be the MO of most AAA games these days.

Though they would prefer to call it a "service" than a ripoff. If they add multiplayer later and charge for it? Oh man, screw these people.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

Halo inf news must made the lems here rabid

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#16 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69872 Posts

@daredevils2k said:

Halo inf news must made the lems here rabid

Funny you say that cause a Xbox fanny didn't create this thread.😮

Avatar image for clockworkbanana
ClockWorkBanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ClockWorkBanana
Member since 2022 • 262 Posts
@MirkoS77 said:

They could have, you know, remade the levels to accomodate prone, being a "from the ground up remake" and all

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#18 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts
@warm_gun said:

Damn Ellie been smoking some of that blue shit.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3489 Posts

They just want money because they know there won't be Uncharted 5 and they screwed up TLOU2 so a sequel is unlikely. Once they release the multiplayer, their next project will be Uncharted 1-4 remakes... just like Resident Evil

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

A combat trailer is the last thing ND should show off. Trailers of characters waking up with their face in a puddle is something ND is good at. Well, until they claim it’s real time and/or gameplay…

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DaVillain  Moderator

@warmblur said:
@warm_gun said:

I hope there's a mod for Ellie when the PC version releases.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts
@goldenelementxl said:

A combat trailer is the last thing ND should show off. Trailers of characters waking up with their face in a puddle is something ND is good at. Well, until they claim it’s real time and/or gameplay…

It was real-time. Just not gameplay yet idiots really thought the game would look like that lol.

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

Hey that's mediocre 8 out of 10 games for ya

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

Totally a shame. Although The Last of Us Part I is a 10/10 masterpiece and a consensus greatest game of all time, there has been advancements to combat and gameplay mechanics.

I really wanted to prone and dodge mechanics from TLOU2 in TLOU.

they should have re-designed the levels and enemy encounters to accommodate these changes.

Then we'd get the new 11/10 GOAT TLOUP1

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#25  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34689 Posts

What, is the remake of a fairly new game near identical to the original? I'm shocked, quite frankly.

Last of Us 2 remake for $80 gonna be sweet!

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 TheEroica  Moderator  Online
Member since 2009 • 22788 Posts

@warm_gun said:

How come Ellie looks so bad...? Doesn't even look like the same character. Did she get bit by a clicker? Actually, all three of those characters look like they're one foot in the grave.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator  Online
Member since 2009 • 22788 Posts
@omegamaster said:

They just want money because they know there won't be Uncharted 5 and they screwed up TLOU2 so a sequel is unlikely. Once they release the multiplayer, their next project will be Uncharted 1-4 remakes... just like Resident Evil

If the next games from naughty dog are uncharted remakes then we are truly witnessing the great fall of a formerly great developer. So much talent and no compass on new content. Yikes.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Litchie

lol, what the hell is wrong with new Ellie?! Why hasn't that blown up on the interwebs?

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MirkoS77

@Litchie said:

lol, what the hell is wrong with new Ellie?! Why hasn't that blown up on the interwebs?

Because it’s fake.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

@Litchie: I guess you're one of those that click on emails from Nigerian princes.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44167 Posts

@Mozelleple112:

Were you just listening to Rovers Morning Glory radio show?

Not ten mins ago they were just talking about that scams. lol :P

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DaVillain  Moderator

I'm just gonna post this vid and I’m not taking sides. I'm only just offering some information for the gamers to do with as they wish rather they buy the Remake or not. Video by PlayStation Access: (It covers a lot of the things that have been done to the game in terms of graphics, audio, controls, accessibility, etc)

Loading Video...

That said, I'll still get it for PC later whenever it drops.

TheEldenLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TheEldenLord
Member since 2022 • 5 Posts

What's embarrassing is how a remake is better than Microsoft's entire current gen lineup.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#34 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6101 Posts

I’m a lemming and I have to be honest,TLOU remake still looks good regardless of what some people are saying about it. Wouldn’t mind it being a XSX game.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3489 Posts

@TheEroica said:
@omegamaster said:

If the next games from naughty dog are uncharted remakes then we are truly witnessing the great fall of a formerly great developer. So much talent and no compass on new content. Yikes.

It will happen at some point. We saw TLOU original, remaster and remake. Uncharted series recently released a remaster for PS5 and PC. There is a noticeable pattern here. I just hope for a new title from Naughty Dog.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Litchie

@MirkoS77 said:
@Litchie said:

Because it’s fake.

Ah. :(

@Mozelleple112 said:

@Litchie: I guess you're one of those that click on emails from Nigerian princes.

Scuse me for not knowing shit about TLoU. I mean.. it wouldn't be that shocking if it was real.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By MirkoS77
@brimmul777 said:

I’m a lemming and I have to be honest,TLOU remake still looks good regardless of what some people are saying about it. Wouldn’t mind it being a XSX game.

It is good. Very good, actually.

It's not anywhere near a PS3 game ported to PS5 as so many are claiming. As ND have stated, the entire game has been built from the ground up, and this is obvious. While nothing major in terms of new levels/areas, some rooms are completely redone with new geometry. The models now are so realistic it makes the cutscenes even better. While the combat in videos looks unchanged, there is some nuances to it which flesh it out a bit more (the improved AI is the biggest benefit to enemy encounters, it is noticeable, as well as ragdoll, gore, and animation improvements). The audio is far superior to the OG and more dynamic, TLoU II enemies have been incorporated (Clicker improvements), it has a bunch of accessibility options, and it plays much smoother and tighter than the original.

There are significant improvements here, and it's definitely the definitive version to play. Anyone who's arguing this is nothing but an uprez is just ignorant or intentionally trolling. Serious effort has been put into it. $70 worth? Eh, to me as I'm a massive TLoU fan, but this ain't a cash grab either way.

Greygoose12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Greygoose12
Member since 2020 • 220 Posts

@warm_gun: It looks worse wow !

Pay 70 dollars for a remake of a remake and only get half the original game, no multiplayer. Then defend them and spend more of your money so the keep doing it. Makes sense to me lol

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39270 Posts
@Litchie said:
@MirkoS77 said:
@Litchie said:

Because it’s fake.

Damn you got super baited.

If they made her look like that, the shitstorm would be so powerful that CNN and Fox would be talking about nerds raging all over the social media. It would be an incredible event to remember.

shurns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 shurns
Member since 2006 • 286 Posts

@Sagemode87 said:

The OP does have a point, though. Games like this is overvalued and shouldn't be worth $70. They shouldn't get away with this.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 MirkoS77

@hardwenzen said:
@Litchie said:
@MirkoS77 said:
@Litchie said:

Because it’s fake.

Damn you got super baited.

If they made her look like that, the shitstorm would be so powerful that CNN and Fox would be talking about nerds raging all over the social media. It would be an incredible event to remember.

It would be pretty damn entertaining to watch.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DaVillain  Moderator

@Litchie said:
@MirkoS77 said:
@Litchie said:

Because it’s fake.

I'm sure we'll see plenty of Ellie mods when the PC version releases.

It should be quite amusing ^-^

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18801 Posts

@mysticaldonut: "please don't spend $70 on this and let them get away with it."

I think I paid $30 used for the original game. Got the Remastered version via PS+ back in 2019 I believe but only played the DLC(tried the mp as well)

I won't pay $10 let alone $69.99+ tax.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#44 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts

70 bucks for a glorified remaster, and its missing the multiplayer is a load of crap. It's a cash grab.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8491 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:
@brimmul777 said:

It's not anywhere near a PS3 game ported to PS5 as so many are claiming. As ND have stated, the entire game has been built from the ground up, and this is obvious. While nothing major in terms of new levels/areas, some rooms are completely redone with new geometry. The models now are so realistic it makes the cutscenes even better. While the combat in videos looks unchanged, there is some nuances to it which flesh it out a bit more (the improved AI is the biggest benefit to enemy encounters, it is noticeable, as well as ragdoll, gore, and animation improvements). The audio is far superior to the OG and more dynamic, TLoU II enemies have been incorporated (Clicker improvements), it has a bunch of accessibility options, and it plays much smoother and tighter than the original.

There are significant improvements here, and it's definitely the definitive version to play. Anyone who's arguing this is nothing but an uprez is just ignorant or intentionally trolling. Serious effort has been put into it. $70 worth? Eh, to me as I'm a massive TLoU fan, but this ain't a cash grab either way.

Congratulations, what you just described is a definition of same sh*t with new coat of paint and hence a cashgrab.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

oof. they can't do combat. stick to QTE movie game combat.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@davillain said:
@warmblur said:
@warm_gun said:

I hope there's a mod for Ellie when the PC version releases.

Oh god be careful what you wish for.

ENI232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ENI232
Member since 2020 • 1007 Posts

They are doing it on purpose. Best thing to do is not support them at all with $$$$. They will be out of the video game industry quick back to corners with signs.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 MirkoS77

@pc_rocks said:
@MirkoS77 said:

Congratulations, what you just described is a definition of same sh*t with new coat of paint and hence a cashgrab.

Nah, unless you want to water down and define all manner of capitalism as a cash grab (which it is), the term otherwise comes with the implication and connotation of a low-effort, half-assed, poorly-done hasty job solely for the $$$.

This ain’t it. The entire game has been rebuilt for the PS5. That’s a shitload of work and care put into it, which is apparent upon playing. I’ve already mentioned the differences, but it’s a current gen TLoU. Looks far better, sounds far better, plays far better.

But but I can understand how people are just looking at screenshots and coming to that conclusion.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3739 Posts

lol. Are cows emulating Sheep by buying remakes of 10 and 20 year old games on their console?