Natal-wow look at how accurate it is

• 89 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MikeT072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 MikeT072
Member since 2009 • 1209 Posts
This motion sensor craze needs to be flown to the moon. And then we should blow up the moon. I can't wait for this crap to end...
Dycras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Dycras
Member since 2009 • 1226 Posts

i hope the title is sarcastic, because this thing is so not accurate

nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 nhh18
Member since 2009 • 6538 Posts

[QUOTE="nhh18"]

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

im honestly surprised that somepeople think natal might be good and will improve gaming

AdmiralBison

I'm surprised people say it is accurate. I mean the .5 second delay, and weird movements of the avatar in the ricochet game or in burnout paradise the only videos we've seen are people running into walls.

oh Nhh18, I havn't seen you in a while. I already know your stance on Project Natal. so lets continue this discussion.

Project Natal is accurate and of course their is the occasional glitch with that infamous Avatar demnonstatration but since then the y have improved Project Natal's response time which is what you should be referring to with the delays.

Burnout Paradise? that depends on the user doesn't it. New players just jump in and start getting used to the controls and of course there would be an option to change it's settings.

one of many journalist who actually had hands on time and tried Project Natal

"My hands grasped around an imaginary wheel, I put my right foot forward and the car screeched away. Not actually holding anything in my hands the controls felt slightly unnatural,but amazingly lag was negligible (Microsoft claims a 66ms delay, which is the same as that introduced by a standard controller)and I was able to scream around Paradise City with no problems. Kudo even tried to make me crash by standing beside to me and pretending to drive - somehow Natal knew that it was my actions and not his that it had to monitor."

Yeah he claims that but did you see the video. Her hands were moving left, and the car was moving right. The lag made alien poses in ricochet. And that are the only 2 demos they showed. How is this good technology.

AdmiralBison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 AdmiralBison
Member since 2008 • 3970 Posts

i own a 360, i have nothing against motion controls

i just don't get the hype for natal.. maybe when I see some traditional games using it if possible

but how can people compare it to the wii or even the sony wand? it's going down the same road as the original eyetoy (which I also own mind you)

voxware00

The Wii motion controller is pretty much a given, it's available for us to try and it obviously works.

There is little information about the Sony Wand, has anyone come across and any people outside Sony who have tried it? Were is the Developer support?

Microsoft's Project Natal has substantial developer support already and kits were sent out the day before E3.

Games industry excited and support from big developers are in

"mong the elite publishers actively working on games for "Project Natal" are Activision Blizzard, Bethesda Softworks, CAPCOM, Disney Interactive, Electronic Arts, Konami, MTV Games, Namco Bandai, Sega, Square Enix, THQ Inc. and Ubisoft. Together, these publishers account for more than 70 percent of third-party software sales for this generation of console and most of the world's most recognized video game franchises."

SRTtoZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 SRTtoZ
Member since 2009 • 4800 Posts

lol WOW! I actually expected it to be accurate...but look how shes driving the car...her hands not in a wheel position at all...moving her ENTIRE Body. Who drives like that??! The car was going from left to right hitting the wall...too much lag. They need to fix this thing...

AdmiralBison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 AdmiralBison

[QUOTE="AdmiralBison"]

[QUOTE="nhh18"]I'm surprised people say it is accurate. I mean the .5 second delay, and weird movements of the avatar in the ricochet game or in burnout paradise the only videos we've seen are people running into walls.

nhh18

oh Nhh18, I havn't seen you in a while. I already know your stance on Project Natal. so lets continue this discussion.

Project Natal is accurate and of course their is the occasional glitch with that infamous Avatar demnonstatration but since then the y have improved Project Natal's response time which is what you should be referring to with the delays.

Burnout Paradise? that depends on the user doesn't it. New players just jump in and start getting used to the controls and of course there would be an option to change it's settings.

"My hands grasped around an imaginary wheel, I put my right foot forward and the car screeched away. Not actually holding anything in my hands the controls felt slightly unnatural,but amazingly lag was negligible (Microsoft claims a 66ms delay, which is the same as that introduced by a standard controller)and I was able to scream around Paradise City with no problems. Kudo even tried to make me crash by standing beside to me and pretending to drive - somehow Natal knew that it was my actions and not his that it had to monitor."

Yeah he claims that but did you see the video. Her hands were moving left, and the car was moving right. The lag made alien poses in ricochet. And that are the only 2 demos they showed. How is this good technology.

so do you think they will ship games with that kind of response? seriously hey and so what if they only showed 2 demos?

You know there will be games being developed for it.

Project Natal is still in prototype stages how many technology devices do you know that do not have the occasional glitch this early on.

Project Natal is good technology.

Here's another if you think that this kind of motion technology will not improve, It's not just the games industry that will be using this method of control.

Other industry will use Motion tech similar to Project Natal

AdmiralBison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 AdmiralBison

Oh and the Xbox team and Windows Team have worked on Project Natal and it will be also on Windows 7.

So it's going o be on PC too, not just consoles

AdmiralBison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 AdmiralBison

lol WOW! I actually expected it to be accurate...but look how shes driving the car...her hands not in a wheel position at all...moving her ENTIRE Body. Who drives like that??! The car was going from left to right hitting the wall...too much lag. They need to fix this thing...

SRTtoZ

people new to cotrols can behave like that.

I've seen people new to video games and you give them a control pad and they act like that as well.

She was oversteering.

FILIPINOMAZTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 FILIPINOMAZTER
Member since 2008 • 1627 Posts
what's the girl's name??
Avatar image for Human-after-all
Human-after-all

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Human-after-all
Member since 2009 • 2972 Posts

[QUOTE="0rin"][QUOTE="wooooode"]Please dont hype Natel it will not improve gaming it is only slowing down the evolution of games. It will be a cool interface but will not work for games as well as many hope.DeadEndPanda

motion controls to gaming are sorta what texting is to phones. a step in the wrong direction.

i actully agree with this.

its not that i dont like motion controles or anything, but i totally see what you mean

Whats wrong with texting, beats calling someone up to say 1 or 2 sentences.
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
Too much delay. Looks like a hassle to play when it comes to any games that require reflexes (Gee, I wonder how many games are reflex based).
AdmiralBison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 AdmiralBison

[QUOTE="DeadEndPanda"]

[QUOTE="0rin"] motion controls to gaming are sorta what texting is to phones. a step in the wrong direction.Human-after-all

i actully agree with this.

its not that i dont like motion controles or anything, but i totally see what you mean

Whats wrong with texting, beats calling someone up to say 1 or 2 sentences.

The same argument can be said about control pads gaming less functionality, less precision, less customisation then Keyboards yet you don't hear that many people complain about it.

In many cases people prefer to play on a "Dumbed down" control pad.

Motion controls is not a step in the wrong direction as much as control pad are not a step in the wrong direction.

nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 nhh18

[QUOTE="nhh18"]

[QUOTE="AdmiralBison"]

AdmiralBison

so do you think they will ship games with that kind of response? seriously hey and so what if they only showed 2 demos?

Project Natal is still in prototype stages how many technology devices do you know that do not have the occasional glitch this early on.

Here's another if you think that this kind of motion technology will not improve, It's not just the games industry that will be using this method of control.

Whatever you want to believe. This is 4 months after its reveal. 4 months. 12 months until its release. And guess what it is still just as bad as it is shown at e3. They haven't done anything to prove me wrong. And also they probably in order to get that number was add .5 ms to 1/60 seconds (60 fps divided by 60) or they added up 4 fps to make one body movement. Either way that number wasn't very good because you obviously could notice that it didn't work and it was odd. I hardly believe that number.. Because wow it is unbelievable if true.

Actually yeah the delay is 4 fps out of 60. I was correct. That is how he obtained the number. It still doesn't work though I would say for multiple reasons.

AdmiralBison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 AdmiralBison

[QUOTE="AdmiralBison"]

[QUOTE="nhh18"]Yeah he claims that but did you see the video. Her hands were moving left, and the car was moving right. The lag made alien poses in ricochet. And that are the only 2 demos they showed. How is this good technology.

nhh18

Whatever you want to believe. This is 4 months after its reveal. 4 months. 12 months until its release. And guess what it is still just as bad as it is shown at e3. They haven't done anything to prove me wrong. And also they probably in order to get that number was add .5 ms to 1/60 seconds (60 fps divided by 60) or they added up 4 fps to make one body movement. Either way that number wasn't very good because you obviously could notice that it didn't work and it was odd. I hardly believe that number.. Because wow it is unbelievable if true.

what part of prototype stage do you not understand?

Most things that are in prototype, Alpha or Beta are still being improved upon. You can hardly believe those numbers but Journalists are impressed by it.

They've tried it you have not. So I'll believe them when they say the response is pretty good.

Whatever you want to believe.

nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 nhh18

[QUOTE="nhh18"]

[QUOTE="AdmiralBison"]

AdmiralBison

Most things that are in prototype, Alpha or Beta are still being improved upon. You can hardly believe those numbers but Journalists are impressed by it.

They've tried it you have not. So I'll believe them when they say the response is pretty good.

If it is in prototype than most thigns aren't given to 3rd party developer because the tools need to be revamped if they program on natal. If you want to believe that it is in prototype. Then don't expect it holiday 2010 but holiday 2011. If it is 12 months till launch and the product isn't finished. It isn't going to come out in 12 months. They don't even have workable tech demos yet.

flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 flazzle
Member since 2007 • 6507 Posts

that was horrible

Avian005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#67 Avian005
Member since 2009 • 4112 Posts

She's hot.

dommeus

I, uhh *coughs* support this claim.

Its looking pretty good.

AdmiralBison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 AdmiralBison

[QUOTE="AdmiralBison"]

[QUOTE="nhh18"]Whatever you want to believe. This is 4 months after its reveal. 4 months. 12 months until its release. And guess what it is still just as bad as it is shown at e3. They haven't done anything to prove me wrong. And also they probably in order to get that number was add .5 ms to 1/60 seconds (60 fps divided by 60) or they added up 4 fps to make one body movement. Either way that number wasn't very good because you obviously could notice that it didn't work and it was odd. I hardly believe that number.. Because wow it is unbelievable if true.

nhh18

If it is in prototype than most thigns aren't given to 3rd party developer because the tools need to be revamped if they program on natal. If you want to believe that it is in prototype. Then don't expect it holiday 2010 but holiday 2011. If it is 12 months till launch and the product isn't finished. It isn't going to come out in 12 months. They don't even have workable tech demos yet.

It is known that Microsoft and sony send out hardware specs to developers 2 years in advance.

It is in prototye stage- hence the "Project" part of the title.

MS can still update and inform developers in the meantime of any spec changes here and there and developers work with current information they have.

Ms hasn't given out a specific date when it will be launched and we don't know how long the project will be worked on.

It's not that uncommon either with console and game launches the team could work around theclock weeks before launch.

xionvalkyrie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 xionvalkyrie
Member since 2008 • 3444 Posts

Delay is going to make it only useful for gimmicky stuff =/

double-r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 double-r
Member since 2004 • 398 Posts

i still think it needs a controller

also this tech is quite old, infact sony demoed this exact tech from the same companyat a university in 2004, almost 6 years on and the only difference between now and then is prettier tech demoes, dont get me wrong it has improved but dont expect it to improve by that much compared to the videos shown since e3. also for sony to have to go the direction of the controller and not with the zcam must mean that the zcam is missing something, my guess is feed back and simplicity of the buttons that a controller would give you.

here is the video of the zcam(natal) 5 years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYHr0I-iFHE&feature=related

if it cost around £50 i will definately buy one but £70+ would put me off atleast until it goes down in price, i will buy one eventually most probably before the pswand

zero_snake99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 zero_snake99
Member since 2004 • 3478 Posts

[QUOTE="nhh18"]

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

im honestly surprised that somepeople think natal might be good and will improve gaming

AdmiralBison

I'm surprised people say it is accurate. I mean the .5 second delay, and weird movements of the avatar in the ricochet game or in burnout paradise the only videos we've seen are people running into walls.

Look at that video again. 3:45. She's steering right.. but the car goes left... wut?
AdmiralBison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 AdmiralBison

[QUOTE="AdmiralBison"]

[QUOTE="nhh18"]I'm surprised people say it is accurate. I mean the .5 second delay, and weird movements of the avatar in the ricochet game or in burnout paradise the only videos we've seen are people running into walls.

zero_snake99

Look at that video again. 3:45. She's steering right.. but the car goes left... wut?

so?

Are they going to ship out a racing game with that kind of response?

That would destroy any game if a game was to come out like that, of course they will have to fix and improve on that.

AdmiralBison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 AdmiralBison

also this tech is quite old, infact sony demoed this exact tech from the same companyat a university in 2004, almost 6 years on and the only difference between now and then is prettier tech demoes, dont get me wrong it has improved but dont expect it to improve by that much compared to the videos shown since e3. also for sony to have to go the direction of the controller and not with the zcam must mean that the zcam is missing something, my guess is feed back and simplicity of the buttons that a controller would give you.

if it cost around £50 i will definately buy one but £70+ would put me off atleast until it goes down in price, i will buy one eventually most probably before the pswand

double-r

yeah, it needs the games though.

That is the most important thing.

We will have to see what Windows guys will do with this since it will come out for Windows 7 as well.

The controls must be acceptable if I am going to start shift files around 'Minority Report' way, but I'm digging the ease and simple use of it.

another thing since Project Natal will have it's own processors as to not eat up your PC or console I do wonder about the costs.

I just hope it's not too much or a tleast bundle a lot of software and games for it.

AdmiralBison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 AdmiralBison

double-r

yeah I know MS has been working on it for 20 years

Jackopeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#75 Jackopeng
Member since 2005 • 1426 Posts
Thing is, i just came out of hospital i dont really fancy jumping around my room -_-
zero_snake99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 zero_snake99
Member since 2004 • 3478 Posts

[QUOTE="double-r"]

AdmiralBison

We will have to see what Windows guys will do with this since it will come out for Windows 7 as well.

The controls must be acceptable if I am going to start shift files around 'Minority Report' way, but I'm digging the ease and simple use of it.

another thing since Project Natal will have it's own processors as to not eat up your PC or console I do wonder about the costs.

I just hope it's not too much or a tleast bundle a lot of software and games for it.

You obviously didn't see the several second delay on that game.. even on the breakout game, it was still delayed, probably about by 100-200ms...
8Tango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#77 8Tango
Member since 2009 • 1953 Posts
[QUOTE="Avian005"]

[QUOTE="dommeus"]

She's hot.

I, uhh *coughs* support this claim.

Its looking pretty good.

I... also... Support, this.
AdmiralBison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 AdmiralBison

[QUOTE="AdmiralBison"]

[QUOTE="double-r"]

zero_snake99

You obviously didn't see the several second delay on that game.. even on the breakout game, it was still delayed, probably about by 100-200ms...

Yes I saw the delays, I've seen the profile glitches.

Guess what I see delays and glitches a lot even in already available hardware and programs!

What makes you think that they will not work on and improve on it to an acceptable level.

Once again the journalists have tried it and overall they say that it works and can be improved upon, people here havn't tried it yet.

They may as well pack up their bags then and scrap the whole thing because some people on a forums pointed out "Oh look some delays and glitches" for a prototype.

AdmiralBison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 AdmiralBison

Thing is, i just came out of hospital i dont really fancy jumping around my room -_-Jackopeng

I sincerely hope you get better and with all due respect the world keeps on moving ahead.

agturboninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#80 agturboninja
Member since 2006 • 670 Posts

Motion controls sukcs. You need to realize that.

AdmiralBison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 AdmiralBison

Motion controls sukcs. You need to realize that.

agturboninja

oh yeah thanks letting me see the light.

I've certainly strayed the path of being a hardcore gamer.

I find it ironic that now Console fanboys look down on motion controls, just the way PC fanboys looked down on control pads.

flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 flazzle
Member since 2007 • 6507 Posts

Yes I saw the delays, I've seen the profile glitches.

Guess what I see delays and glitches a lot even in already available hardware and programs!

What makes you think that they will not work on and improve on it to an acceptable level.

Once again the journalists have tried it and overall they say that it works and can be improved upon, people here havn't tried it yet.

They may as well pack up their bags then and scrap the whole thing because some people on a forums pointed out "Oh look some delays and glitches" for a prototype.

AdmiralBison

What makes you think it's going to be worked out completely, if it all?

Thing is, as time goes on an more demo's come out, the delay hasn't been worked out YET.

Nothing has been seen to lead anyone to believe it will be worked out, especially since all webcams I have ever used have this delay.

It may just be inherit in the hardware of the eye cam.

shadow_hosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#83 shadow_hosi
Member since 2006 • 9543 Posts
ive seen better
gigantuouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 gigantuouse
Member since 2004 • 808 Posts

its accuracy is actually the only thing i dont like about it.

Wii_Gamer_277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Wii_Gamer_277
Member since 2009 • 1795 Posts
still looks like a Gimmick Add-on to me.
gigantuouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 gigantuouse
Member since 2004 • 808 Posts
still looks like a Gimmick Add-on to me.Wii_Gamer_277
Its unproven tech, so until it shows something that blows everyone away your opinion is accurate.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

That looked stupid and pointless. Just like the wii-mote no less. Imagine how many depthless casual games they can make with this. If thats what the casuals want. Then keep feeding that crap to them.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#88 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

it is not better then the wii it is not a controller! so go ahead and break ur body trying to mimick somthing lol

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50604 Posts

Well, that was horrible.