My opinion of why SSX Blur flopped and why more Wii games will flop

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 poopinloop32
Member since 2006 • 4949 Posts
SSX is a fun and interactiev series that averages into the AA category. It is IMO the best snow racer out thier. But for some reason this series took a troumendes turn and got a 7.4. Is this because Nintendo forced EA to make this game more freindly to the public? I wouldnt be suprised if this is true because the Wii is selling like hotcakes and Devs want to get every inch of it but did EA get forced to make a game intended to Non-gamers like Nintendos Wii was intended to? This is why I enjoy Morrowing better than Oblivion...IMO Oblivion was simpled down just for more sales from casuals..
Before calling me a fanboy plz read
lzorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 lzorro
Member since 2006 • 7395 Posts
Nintendo can't force third parties do anything....
poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 poopinloop32
Nintendo can't force third parties do anything....lzorro
Youd be suprised
mutenpika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 mutenpika
Member since 2004 • 2940 Posts
Before calling me a fanboy plz readpoopinloop32

It defeats the purpose to have that at the end of your post...
lzorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lzorro
[QUOTE="lzorro"]Nintendo can't force third parties do anything....poopinloop32
Youd be suprised

If anything EA holds the power. They even made Microsoft stop publishing it's sports games.....
xxgunslingerxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 xxgunslingerxx
Member since 2005 • 4275 Posts

Youd be suprised

actually back in the snes days they did alot of forcing/bullying

the reason many developers jumped ship for playstation 1 was because sony was the first company to provided developer support... basically sony pioneered being friendly to thrid parties

JayPee89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JayPee89
Member since 2005 • 3488 Posts
SSX is a fun and interactiev series that averages into the AA category. It is IMO the best snow racer out thier. But for some reason this series took a troumendes turn and got a 7.4. Is this because Nintendo forced EA to make this game more freindly to the public? I wouldnt be suprised if this is true because the Wii is selling like hotcakes and Devs want to get every inch of it but did EA get forced to make a game intended to Non-gamers like Nintendos Wii was intended to? This is why I enjoy Morrowing better than Oblivion...IMO Oblivion was simpled down just for more sales from casuals..
The controls are not made for these games. Third party software will continue to flop until they start to develop original games built specifically for that controller.
NRGCDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 NRGCDS
Member since 2005 • 1470 Posts
Before you go running your flop mouth let me tell you that most wii games will be better because of the controller just like Sonic and Madden you are just to lazy that is why you suck poopinloop32
NRGCDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NRGCDS
Before you go running your flop mouth let me tell you that most wii games will be better because of the controller just like Sonic and Madden you are just to lazy that is why you suck poopinloop32
lzorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lzorro
The controls are not made for these games. Third party software will continue to flop until they start to develop original games built specifically for that controller.JayPee89
Did you read the review the GOOD: "Cartoon-character look fits the game; learning curve is mostly spot-on; basic controls are excellent; great music." the only problems was the special moves...
Lanto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Lanto
Member since 2004 • 1132 Posts

Youd be suprised

Nintendo can't force EA to do squat. EA is a nuclear super power.

Hoffgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 Hoffgod
Member since 2006 • 12229 Posts
The problem is, like many Wii games, some people get the controls, some don't. How else do you explain GamePro giving it a 2.5/5 and 1up giving it a 5.5 while GameTrailers gives it a 8.4 and Games Radar gives it a 9.0? Some people pick it up quicker than others and that makes all the difference. It'll get better over time as people get more used to the Wiimote and developers get better at programming the controls. However, in the meanwhile, all your past experience with controls gets thrown out the window and you're doing something new that takes some effort to learn. Some people love that, some hate it.
FoamingPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FoamingPanda
Member since 2003 • 2567 Posts

I hate the Wii.

But don't blame a console for the failings of a third party developer. 

CuDDKiDD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 CuDDKiDD
Member since 2004 • 4727 Posts

I hate the Wii.

But don't blame a console for the failings of a third party developer. 

FoamingPanda

How did they fail? The game scored well.

n1ntendorevO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 n1ntendorevO
Member since 2006 • 532 Posts
I dont get it. The only problem they had were the hard special moves = 7.4 wtf.
Hoffgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Hoffgod
Member since 2006 • 12229 Posts
I hate the Wii.FoamingPanda
You don't say...
But don't blame a console for the failings of a third party developer.FoamingPanda
True. Good job on not letting your hatred blind you. There's been too much of that today.
TNT_Slug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TNT_Slug
Member since 2007 • 1735 Posts

[QUOTE="poopinloop32"][QUOTE="lzorro"]Nintendo can't force third parties do anything....Lanto

Youd be suprised

Run by extreme-right radical maniacs even.
BIGSUMO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BIGSUMO
Member since 2007 • 26 Posts
A game is a flop on release day? Shouldn't you wait to see whether or not gamers, not just reviewers, play it and enjoy it? I don't think I'll ever understand the System Wars mentality of the flop/success dichotomy.
poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 poopinloop32
[QUOTE="poopinloop32"]SSX is a fun and interactiev series that averages into the AA category. It is IMO the best snow racer out thier. But for some reason this series took a troumendes turn and got a 7.4. Is this because Nintendo forced EA to make this game more freindly to the public? I wouldnt be suprised if this is true because the Wii is selling like hotcakes and Devs want to get every inch of it but did EA get forced to make a game intended to Non-gamers like Nintendos Wii was intended to? This is why I enjoy Morrowing better than Oblivion...IMO Oblivion was simpled down just for more sales from casuals..
Before calling me a fanboy plz readNRGCDS

SSX did flop...hundreds of Sheep already admitted it...and im not talking about the controller at all
TyrantDragon55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 TyrantDragon55
Member since 2004 • 6851 Posts
Making games more friendly to casuals usually helps it's score, not the other way around.
poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 poopinloop32
Making games more friendly to casuals usually helps it's score, not the other way around.TyrantDragon55
Thats what happend to Oblivion..but many people like me enjoyed Morrowind bettter...Oblivion was casualed down with fast travel and such
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts
[QUOTE="poopinloop32"]Before calling me a fanboy plz readmutenpika

There should never be a reason for anyone to say "Before calling me a fanboy please read." You've bulit quite a rep for yourself. Although I do agree the game did flop. Didn't it use levels from previous games? Where there any new ones?
poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 poopinloop32
[QUOTE="mutenpika"][QUOTE="poopinloop32"]Before calling me a fanboy plz readBlackbond

There should never be a reason for anyone to say "Before calling me a fanboy please read." You've bulit quite a rep for yourself. Although I do agree the game did flop. Didn't it use levels from previous games? Where there any new ones?

I think its like Tony Hawk 2x if you have played it...all the levals from prevuios games and like 8 new levals
Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

[QUOTE="poopinloop32"]SSX is a fun and interactiev series that averages into the AA category. It is IMO the best snow racer out thier. But for some reason this series took a troumendes turn and got a 7.4. Is this because Nintendo forced EA to make this game more freindly to the public? I wouldnt be suprised if this is true because the Wii is selling like hotcakes and Devs want to get every inch of it but did EA get forced to make a game intended to Non-gamers like Nintendos Wii was intended to? This is why I enjoy Morrowing better than Oblivion...IMO Oblivion was simpled down just for more sales from casuals..
Before calling me a fanboy plz readJayPee89
The controls are not made for these games. Third party software will continue to flop until they start to develop original games built specifically for that controller.

AKA mini games and DS ports.

So Nintendo's innovation doesn't work with all the kinds of games you find on consoles? Oh boy...

xxThyLordxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 xxThyLordxx
Member since 2007 • 3200 Posts
Specs > Wiimote. sheep just wont acknowledge it.

NRGCDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 NRGCDS
[QUOTE="NRGCDS"][QUOTE="poopinloop32"]SSX is a fun and interactiev series that averages into the AA category. It is IMO the best snow racer out thier. But for some reason this series took a troumendes turn and got a 7.4. Is this because Nintendo forced EA to make this game more freindly to the public? I wouldnt be suprised if this is true because the Wii is selling like hotcakes and Devs want to get every inch of it but did EA get forced to make a game intended to Non-gamers like Nintendos Wii was intended to? This is why I enjoy Morrowing better than Oblivion...IMO Oblivion was simpled down just for more sales from casuals..

SSX did flop...hundreds of Sheep already admitted it...and im not talking about the controller at all

Just because that game did does not me other games on wii will look at Madden it was the best on wii because of the controller. you are just to lazy to try the wii before bashing it and go by scores. you didn't try red steel going by the review number I give Red Steel a 7.5 over 5.5.
haterex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 haterex
Member since 2004 • 2410 Posts
SSX Blur would have been better on the ps2 controller(dualshock controller) than the wii remote...
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Bread_or_Decide

xxThyLordxx

Third parties games also flopping in Sales on the Wii.

The super innovative Madden, got beat out by the PS3, same with Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Call of Duty 3.

milsvaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 milsvaard
Member since 2003 • 1928 Posts
[QUOTE="poopinloop32"]Before calling me a fanboy plz readmutenpika

Correct.
poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 poopinloop32
[QUOTE="poopinloop32"][QUOTE="NRGCDS"][QUOTE="poopinloop32"]SSX is a fun and interactiev series that averages into the AA category. It is IMO the best snow racer out thier. But for some reason this series took a troumendes turn and got a 7.4. Is this because Nintendo forced EA to make this game more freindly to the public? I wouldnt be suprised if this is true because the Wii is selling like hotcakes and Devs want to get every inch of it but did EA get forced to make a game intended to Non-gamers like Nintendos Wii was intended to? This is why I enjoy Morrowing better than Oblivion...IMO Oblivion was simpled down just for more sales from casuals..

Just because that game did does not me other games on wii will look at Madden it was the best on wii because of the controller. you are just to lazy to try the wii before bashing it and go by scores. you didn't try red steel going by the review number I give Red Steel a 7.5 over 5.5.

And I give everyBlizzard game a 10 and every BioWare game a 10...but wait a minute we are usiing Gamespots scores arent we
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#33 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
[QUOTE="Lanto"]

[QUOTE="poopinloop32"][QUOTE="lzorro"]Nintendo can't force third parties do anything....TNT_Slug

Youd be suprised

Run by extreme-right radical maniacs even.

extreme-right? that's political and with the games that EA puts out you're nuts.
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

xxThyLordxx
Yes sir - agreed - it's all about "N" as though they get a cut of the profits, You're parents got ripped off because of you're gaulable ways,wake the heck up ! They keep this up and they will get the same treatment Sony does right now for the same blindness the cows have shown.
NRGCDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 NRGCDS
[QUOTE="NRGCDS"][QUOTE="poopinloop32"][QUOTE="NRGCDS"][QUOTE="poopinloop32"]SSX is a fun and interactiev series that averages into the AA category. It is IMO the best snow racer out thier. But for some reason this series took a troumendes turn and got a 7.4. Is this because Nintendo forced EA to make this game more freindly to the public? I wouldnt be suprised if this is true because the Wii is selling like hotcakes and Devs want to get every inch of it but did EA get forced to make a game intended to Non-gamers like Nintendos Wii was intended to? This is why I enjoy Morrowing better than Oblivion...IMO Oblivion was simpled down just for more sales from casuals..

And I give everyBlizzard game a 10 and every BioWare game a 10...but wait a minute we are usiing Gamespots scores arent we

look I don't care about SSX and most sheeps don't care etheir but the wii will indeed get better EA games like GodFather and many more but if you go by Gamespot score you don't know if its just them and they don't like it and for me red steel deserve a 7.5 over what gamespot gave it. and I know you just made this thread up so you can try to make the sheeps look bad. I get even with that and I know you have not try the wii before bashing it. because you are lazy that is why and your fingers suck as well.
Khansoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Khansoul
Member since 2004 • 4639 Posts

Reading the review it sounds like the terrible controls killed the game!

Wiimote = Failed innovation

poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 poopinloop32
[QUOTE="poopinloop32"][QUOTE="NRGCDS"][QUOTE="poopinloop32"][QUOTE="NRGCDS"][QUOTE="poopinloop32"]SSX is a fun and interactiev series that averages into the AA category. It is IMO the best snow racer out thier. But for some reason this series took a troumendes turn and got a 7.4. Is this because Nintendo forced EA to make this game more freindly to the public? I wouldnt be suprised if this is true because the Wii is selling like hotcakes and Devs want to get every inch of it but did EA get forced to make a game intended to Non-gamers like Nintendos Wii was intended to? This is why I enjoy Morrowing better than Oblivion...IMO Oblivion was simpled down just for more sales from casuals..

look I don't care about SSX and most sheeps don't care etheir but the wii will indeed get better EA games like GodFather and many more but if you go by Gamespot score you don't know if its just them and they don't like it and for me red steel deserve a 7.5 over what gamespot gave it. and I know you just made this thread up so you can try to make the sheeps look bad. I get even with that and I know you have not try the wii before bashing it. because you are lazy that is why and your fingers suck as well.

rofl my fingers suck? I got a scholorship to UCLA as a wideout but i turned them down
NRGCDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 NRGCDS

Khansoul
going by the review means you are to lazy to try it before bashing it.
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Bread_or_Decide

Khansoul

It just doesn't seem to work on real games.

nyoroism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 nyoroism
Member since 2007 • 3778 Posts
rofl my fingers suck? I got a scholorship to UCLA as a wideout but i turned them downpoopinloop32
It's not very smart to turn down free money!
miss_kitt3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 miss_kitt3n
Member since 2006 • 2717 Posts
There is nothing to justify why the Wii is selling well, games?.... :lol:
poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 poopinloop32
[QUOTE="poopinloop32"] rofl my fingers suck? I got a scholorship to UCLA as a wideout but i turned them downnyoroism

id rather be in the army any day of the week
lycrof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 lycrof
Member since 2005 • 6393 Posts

[QUOTE="xxThyLordxx"]Specs > Wiimote. sheep just wont acknowledge it.

Bread_or_Decide

Third parties games also flopping in Sales on the Wii.

The super innovative Madden, got beat out by the PS3, same with Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Call of Duty 3.

360 sales of MUA were the greatest. http://wii.ign.com/articles/764/764835p1.html Also Call of dutyt sold more on the wii than ps3. And ps3 beat madden only by 5000 units.
Khansoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Khansoul
Member since 2004 • 4639 Posts
[QUOTE="Khansoul"]

NRGCDS

going by the review means you are to lazy to try it before bashing it.

I had a Wii and outside Wii bowling yes the controls are terrible for games. I think more and more third parties can plan on burning money with horrible Wii ports trying to make sense of the Wiimote. Nintendo has once again made themselves into a first party only system. The flops cannot continue, third parties will move on that you can bet on.

nyoroism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 nyoroism
Member since 2007 • 3778 Posts
[QUOTE="nyoroism"][QUOTE="poopinloop32"] rofl my fingers suck? I got a scholorship to UCLA as a wideout but i turned them downJandurin

It's not free. He has to commit to going to that school if he wants that money.

That's the point of a scholarship. Why would you turn down free money? It's not every day you're offered a scholarship, especially to somewhere like UCLA.
poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 poopinloop32
[QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="nyoroism"][QUOTE="poopinloop32"] rofl my fingers suck? I got a scholorship to UCLA as a wideout but i turned them downnyoroism

It's not free. He has to commit to going to that school if he wants that money.

That's the point of a scholarship. Why would you turn down free money? It's not every day you're offered a scholarship, especially to somewhere like UCLA.

You guys missed the part that im going to Army training in August? Sucks right on time for Football season
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Bread_or_Decide
[QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"][QUOTE="Khansoul"]

Jandurin

It just doesn't seem to work on real games.

SSX Blur is what you would call a "real game"?

Well its  a sports title. A pretty standard genre.