MY infamous bet..(GeOW/Zelda TP related)

• 183 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 0

#151 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

Nice ownage there buddy.

This is why I don't make bets. As good as I knew Gears was going to be I would never have thought it would outscore Zelda TP, especially by that much.

Kudos on your win bro. You've definitely earned it. :)

avenger40456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 avenger40456
Member since 2006 • 2579 Posts
[QUOTE="avenger40456"]

Target Dog and LOZ Link are pathetic. neither of them left the forums. they should of never made such a stupid bet in the first place.

DA_B0MB

that goes to show you that they're really men of their word. :roll:

exactly. they could of at least made new accounts to hide their identity.

DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 DA_B0MB
Member since 2005 • 9938 Posts
I have my own bets [QUOTE="DA_B0MB"]i know for a fact one has left, another i believe has left but not sure. idk about the restFelouz
Probably just made a new account. I have my own bets right now, one I made like around 2 months ago saying if Zelda won GOTY I would say Jack Thompson is a sane person (I gave reasons by the way). Another one in the beggining of the year just said Lost Planet won't get AAA. And the other one is very far away thanks to Nintendo, I said there's no way Mario will get AAA.

good luck with alll those bets. the one i made has to take the cake as the greatest bet in the history of system wars tho lol. i risked everything which i admit was stupid but look, im still here and i won the bet
Gila_moBsTeR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 Gila_moBsTeR
Member since 2003 • 598 Posts
I still see those guys running around... Oh well, we know  who won lol
kruesader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#155 kruesader
Member since 2006 • 6443 Posts
accept your punishment nay-sayers!
DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 DA_B0MB
Member since 2005 • 9938 Posts
I still see those guys running around... Oh well, we know  who won lolGila_moBsTeR
yea and had i lost and i was still posting you know how badly i would be flamed and by how many people?
kansasdude2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#157 kansasdude2009
Member since 2006 • 11802 Posts
I hate gamespot....
I LOVE Gears of War. Its a great game, but its not 9.6 worthy. First, I beat it in 2 sittings. Secend, I hate the running. If i run into a wall i duck into it when I want to continue. It did not matter if it was a 2 inch corner, or something i did not see (because of the camera angle when running). I know thats what is supposed to happen but it got SO FRUSTRATING! To me, that means that the control is partly broken, but thats just me. In my oppinion: 9.2 overall.
I LOVE Zelda TP (as you can see below). The game is HUGE! The Wii-mote adds a lot to the fun, and i makes combat more "real" i suppose. But, the mote redicule can be lost at sometimes, and the first 6 hours are a little slow (took me 55 hours to completely beat, and ive played a total of 76 hrs). But after the first dungeon it REALLY picks up and things get more interesting. In my oppinion: 9.5.

But both are great games, and good job on the win.
TrueReligion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 TrueReligion_
Member since 2006 • 11037 Posts
Ultimate ownage right here.
elcarnal17CR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 elcarnal17CR
Member since 2004 • 666 Posts

Wow.....so much.....ownage.....

Although you need to acknowledge the TC had a lot of balls making a bet like that. My jaw literally dropped when I read 8.8.

Felouz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Felouz
Member since 2006 • 524 Posts
I hate gamespot....
I LOVE Gears of War. Its a great game, but its not 9.6 worthy. First, I beat it in 2 sittings. Secend, I hate the running. If i run into a wall i duck into it when I want to continue. It did not matter if it was a 2 inch corner, or something i did not see (because of the camera angle when running). I know thats what is supposed to happen but it got SO FRUSTRATING! To me, that means that the control is partly broken, but thats just me. In my oppinion: 9.2 overall.
I LOVE Zelda TP (as you can see below). The game is HUGE! The Wii-mote adds a lot to the fun, and i makes combat more "real" i suppose. But, the mote redicule can be lost at sometimes, and the first 6 hours are a little slow (took me 55 hours to completely beat, and ive played a total of 76 hrs). But after the first dungeon it REALLY picks up and things get more interesting. In my oppinion: 9.5.

But both are great games, and good job on the win.
kansasdude2009
Zelda is one single player game, while Gears single player campaign is rather short (8-12 hours depending on the difficulty) has co-op offline and online, 3 difficulty levels, multiplayer offline and online.
kage_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#162 kage_53
Member since 2006 • 12671 Posts
Targetdog and LOZlink haven't left GS like they said they would.
imothissucks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 imothissucks
Member since 2006 • 1126 Posts
wait for gc review....

also on others (gs reviews suck) 9.5 ign 10 1up
maveric_xz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 maveric_xz
Member since 2004 • 134 Posts
Actually u people screwed yourselves up by using just gamespots review, the same person reviewed them and in my opinion is quite biased twords 360 due to the wii-control, im not making an excuse, this is Fact!

Second, Gears of War and Twilight Princess are INSANA GAMES, however, one is a shooter and the other an action/adventure. In my book, since they arent in the same genre of game than the comparison is REALLY HARD TO JUSTIFY.

3rd, you should of based the scores on the AVERAGE SCORE OF ALL REVIEWS, that can be found on gamerankings.com , Zelda actually wins by 2 points ... however, it's hard to justify and compare a games score due to genre differences.

With this said, I declare the thread officially DEAD!
poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#165 poopinloop32
Member since 2006 • 4949 Posts
Actually u people screwed yourselves up by using just gamespots review, the same person reviewed them and in my opinion is quite biased twords 360 due to the wii-control, im not making an excuse, this is Fact!

Second, Gears of War and Twilight Princess are INSANA GAMES, however, one is a shooter and the other an action/adventure. In my book, since they arent in the same genre of game than the comparison is REALLY HARD TO JUSTIFY.

3rd, you should of based the scores on the AVERAGE SCORE OF ALL REVIEWS, that can be found on gamerankings.com , Zelda actually wins by 2 points ... however, it's hard to justify and compare a games score due to genre differences.

maveric_xz
we go by gamespot scores in here..your just a person who probably lost the bet and made a new account
DrinkDuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 DrinkDuff
Member since 2004 • 6762 Posts
There is soo much ownage contained in this thread.
maveric_xz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 maveric_xz
[QUOTE="maveric_xz"]Actually u people screwed yourselves up by using just gamespots review, the same person reviewed them and in my opinion is quite biased twords 360 due to the wii-control, im not making an excuse, this is Fact!

well then, sry but you guys are officially N00BS.
poopinloop32
we go by gamespot scores in here..your just a person who probably lost the bet and made a new account

luigi_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 luigi_rules
Member since 2004 • 179 Posts
TP should be higher, but dosen't matter. Who's digging up old threads. LOL! Lets laugh at people who predicted stuff a month ago. :roll:
luigi_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 luigi_rules
I'd also like to say anyone who only judges games by the GS review is retarded. If GeoW got an 8.5 or whatever, people would be like "lol, on Gamerankings, it's 94%, it's not a flop!" So stop being complete hypocrits.
Avatar image for justforlotr2004
justforlotr2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 justforlotr2004
Member since 2004 • 10935 Posts
I'd also like to say anyone who only judges games by the GS review is retarded. If GeoW got an 8.5 or whatever, people would be like "lol, on Gamerankings, it's 94%, it's not a flop!" So stop being complete hypocrits.luigi_rules

wouldnt matter though, on system wars everyone only goes by gamespot's scores since were on gamespot.  To be honest your stupid if you go by any scores to tell you if you want to buy a game or not.
maveric_xz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 maveric_xz
I'd also like to say anyone who only judges games by the GS review is retarded. If GeoW got an 8.5 or whatever, people would be like "lol, on Gamerankings, it's 94%, it's not a flop!" So stop being complete hypocrits.luigi_rules
sweat post, finally someone who knows what their talking about posts.
Darth_Stalin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 Darth_Stalin
Member since 2005 • 8681 Posts
Dude, I guess you were right ;)
themyth01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#173 themyth01
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts
Wow, from reading the first few posts, nobody expected the guy to be right, I call him lucky.
maveric_xz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 maveric_xz
[QUOTE="luigi_rules"]I'd also like to say anyone who only judges games by the GS review is retarded. If GeoW got an 8.5 or whatever, people would be like "lol, on Gamerankings, it's 94%, it's not a flop!" So stop being complete hypocrits.justforlotr2004

wouldnt matter though, on system wars everyone only goes by gamespot's scores since were on gamespot. To be honest your stupid if you go by any scores to tell you if you want to buy a game or not.

Holy crap, you are one stupid SOB, lol jk!...but 4 reelz...
Darth_Stalin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 Darth_Stalin
Member since 2005 • 8681 Posts

That's what happens when you hype a game AAA overhere. If your game flops here you have to accept the ownage, considering I was here when many games flopped, that were hyped AAA. And I had to accept ownage, including Fable, etc.

justforlotr2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 justforlotr2004
[QUOTE="justforlotr2004"][QUOTE="luigi_rules"]I'd also like to say anyone who only judges games by the GS review is retarded. If GeoW got an 8.5 or whatever, people would be like "lol, on Gamerankings, it's 94%, it's not a flop!" So stop being complete hypocrits.maveric_xz

wouldnt matter though, on system wars everyone only goes by gamespot's scores since were on gamespot. To be honest your stupid if you go by any scores to tell you if you want to buy a game or not.

lol ok?
luigi_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 luigi_rules
[QUOTE="maveric_xz"][QUOTE="justforlotr2004"][QUOTE="luigi_rules"]I'd also like to say anyone who only judges games by the GS review is retarded. If GeoW got an 8.5 or whatever, people would be like "lol, on Gamerankings, it's 94%, it's not a flop!" So stop being complete hypocrits.justforlotr2004

lol ok?

Well, I'd be persuaded to buy a game if a lot of places gave it a good rank. Why Not?
justforlotr2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 justforlotr2004
[QUOTE="justforlotr2004"][QUOTE="maveric_xz"][QUOTE="justforlotr2004"][QUOTE="luigi_rules"]I'd also like to say anyone who only judges games by the GS review is retarded. If GeoW got an 8.5 or whatever, people would be like "lol, on Gamerankings, it's 94%, it's not a flop!" So stop being complete hypocrits.luigi_rules

lol ok?

Well, I'd be persuaded to buy a game if a lot of places gave it a good rank. Why Not?

Just because someone gave it a good or bad marking doesnt mean you will like it or not.   A review is based on one persons view of the game.
dcm06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#179 dcm06
Member since 2005 • 2411 Posts
great job da_bomb
snakeofsolid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 snakeofsolid
Member since 2005 • 2140 Posts

great job da_bombdcm06

jeez talk about bringing a thread out from the grave.

dcm06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 dcm06
Member since 2005 • 2411 Posts

[QUOTE="dcm06"]great job da_bombsnakeofsolid

jeez talk about bringing a thread out from the grave.

never thought zelda tp would get outscored by gears :( that actually wasnt cool but he did win the bet.  

SergeantSnitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 SergeantSnitch
Member since 2007 • 3692 Posts
:D I love reading old threads like these that end up being total ownage.
web966

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#183 web966
Member since 2005 • 11654 Posts
lol, alot of ownage in this thread.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#184 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
im stunned at the ownage. I mean yeah personally GS underrated Zelda TP, but Gears was definantly better. Cant believe u won that one, this big. Man the flop threads and this bet thread must have been huge.
Deathlessness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 Deathlessness
Member since 2009 • 334 Posts

The biggest sheep ownage I have ever witnessed. :shock:

Some from very first pages:

"Twilight Princess will outscore Gears of War."

"Well your going to lose, that's for sure and then you'll come back with an alt account or something.

But I'll take that bet...

IF GeoW scores HIGHER then Zelda TP I WILL Leave the gamespot forums forever."

"Gears of War looks worse the more we know about it."

"is GeoW outscores TP I will leave System Wars forever."

"ok well, just so u know, ocarina of time got a perfect 10. nintendo's saying that this is their best zelda yet,
better than OoT. and if it isn't better, it could still get a 10 (same score) or 9.8-9.9

so u have a good chance of loosing.."

"This could be a laugh"

"If Nintendo is telling the truth that this is the best Zelda ever, your screwed."

"if GEOW gets higher than zelda then i will leave GS forever
Quote it
"

"Basically." (quoting "Twilight Princess will outscore Gears of War.")

"What he said." (quoting "Twilight Princess will outscore Gears of War.")

"I am very confident Twilight Princess will be Game of the Year."

"Situations like this are why alternate accounts exist."

"I think the GC version of TP will be better than the Wii version, still both will be better than GEOW"

"say goodbye to GS"

"I'm getting both, but I think LoZ (will be) > GeoW in game and in score."

"You're crazy if you think GeoW will outscore TP"

"and lol @ you thinking GeoW will outscore Zelda TP. Good to see you're not running away from the bet though."

"1. tagged for later ownage
2. you're ****ed
"

"GeoW is going to be a great game but it is not comparable to TP. What lemmings do not understand about that I do not know. Mass Effect, Alan Wake, Bioshock, Blue Dragon, Assassin's Creed and Halo 3 will all be better games than GeoW and they are all coming within the next 5-10 months [as far as we know].

GeoW - 8.7-9.0
LoZTP - 8.9-9.2 [Wii] 9.3-9.6 [GC]
"

"You are just going to make another acount."

"I would have to bet that TP will get the higher rating."

Moderators, you mustn't lock this thread - it contains one of the most epic ownages of all time in System Wars! :cry:

It was an epic bet - one man vs. a great deal of angry sheep. Everybody thought he was done, but he won! :D

Man, ownage confirmed, anyway. :twisted:

Nagidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 Nagidar
Member since 2006 • 6231 Posts

Why bring this up now? But I do agree though, thats alot of ownage..

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#187 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

Why do people care....?

Deathlessness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 Deathlessness

Why do people care....?

Storm_Marine

What do you mean? :o This is epic!

Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#189 Silenthps
Member since 2006 • 7302 Posts
tp was still the better game. but wii has higher standards than 360 so thats how geow scored higher.
shutdown_202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 shutdown_202
Member since 2005 • 5649 Posts

A lemming looking for ownage because sheep are getting games? 3 years ago....

Anyway i think one of my posts should be in this thread and i agreed with him even though i said TP would still be the better game. This was the single biggest ownage to happen in the history of gamespot. I even brought it up a few months ago but no-one seemed to remember.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

Gears of War may have outscored Twilight Princess on GameSpot but Twilight Princess outscored Gears of War on GameRankings and Metacritic. A lot of reviews > One review. The industry > GameSpot.

:D :D :D

Deathlessness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 Deathlessness

Gears of War may have outscored Twilight Princess on GameSpot but Twilight Princess outscored Gears of War on GameRankings and Metacritic. A lot of reviews > One review. The industry > GameSpot.

:D :D :D

Hexagon_777

Don't try to spin the ownage. :oops:

shutdown_202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 shutdown_202
Member since 2005 • 5649 Posts

The stages sheep went through when TP flopped was funny.

1)....

2) wha...

3)WHAT!!!

4) DIE GERTSMANN!!!

5) Im leaving gamespot.

6) bu..bu..but we should use gamerankings

7)....

I still think the game was amazing and well worth a score in the 9 range. I thought that after my honeymoon period i may agree with the review more but its been 3 years now so.. I actually havent read a single review since the Twilight Princess one on GS. I still look at scores but not the actual text.