Murdered: Soul Suspect Xbox One 1080p native

• 101 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/square-enix-talks-1080p-for-murdered-on-xbox-one-ps4-and-why-there-s-no-wii-u-version/1100-6417990/

Like Wolfenstein, Square has been able to get their game to hit 1080p on the One. Its not a huge deal to me as resolution isnt my interest, but a number of gamers have discussed it being a sticking point and little by little the One is hitting that mark. Good to see the devs getting more out of the system.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

whoopty doo

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

Dat SDK.........

Reso is overrated.....

Had to throw that last part in there.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 shawn30

@lostrib said:

whoopty doo

Thanks for your input, lol

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By lostrib

@shawn30 said:

@lostrib said:

whoopty doo

Thanks for your input, lol

you're welcome

RedentSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RedentSC
Member since 2013 • 1243 Posts

Erm.. any news on frame rate? as 1080 aint hard to hit when your running at 15fps

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

This whole 1080p thing now is getting way too much press in the gaming world now. Does 1080p make a game better? If a game isn't 1080p does that mean it's not going to be a good game? It's just getting silly now.

Strutten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Strutten
Member since 2008 • 1263 Posts

@RedentSC: facepalm....

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

lol, the one is hitting it's mark?

The game sounds really good and the concept interests me but let be honest here, the game is visually on par with LA noire on PS3/360. There is nothing for lemmings to be getting excited for here to be screaming, "the xbox one is hitthing it's mark" lol.

Top Murdered soul suspect xbone, bottom LA noire ps3

Also this,"chief creative officer Matt Brunner said, "We're trying to keep a consistency across all the platforms." kind of explains the whole thing. Not every developer will gimp their game just so the xbone version will be able to play the same as the PS4.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

""We're trying to keep a consistency across all the platforms.""

Could change to be fair.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12  Edited By Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

Not to be mean shawn. But do we need a thread for every game that gets announced at 1080P? I mean honestly who cares if the games are great>

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

Not to be mean shawn. But do we need a thread for every game that gets announced at 1080P? I mean honestly who cares if the games are great>

Yes,so lems can defend their machine.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

Yes cows.....as time moves on devs are able to output 1080P more regularly on the X1....just as I thought.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Did you cows think THE ONE would be 720p for the next 10 years????

Lol for your stupidity. I warned you.

THE ONE has all but caught the PeasantStation 4 in the resolutiongate. Would you care to deny that it surpasses it???

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By chikenfriedrice

@Animal-Mother said:

Idk do we need one every time an X1 game isn't in 1080P?

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

some people... it's like 1080p isn't the standard these days or something.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Animal-Mother

@chikenfriedrice said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Well you're right. It does go both ways. Unfortunately this was the first one I came to today.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#19 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@BigShotSmoov007 said:

This whole 1080p thing now is getting way too much press in the gaming world now. Does 1080p make a game better? If a game isn't 1080p does that mean it's not going to be a good game? It's just getting silly now.

Yes, it does!! TLOU was shit because it couldn't do 1080p as was GTA5. Blurry mess is what Ive seen someone call it. How can anyone play that?

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@lostrib said:

whoopty doo

Seconded.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 chikenfriedrice

@Animal-Mother said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Well you're right. It does go both ways. Unfortunately this was the first one I came to today.

The Sony fanboys got carried away, so I don't blame lems for posting this stuff.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Animal-Mother

@chikenfriedrice said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@Animal-Mother said:

The Sony fanboys got carried away, so I don't blame lems for posting this stuff.

Blame everyone.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 chikenfriedrice

@Animal-Mother said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Blame everyone.

That works too

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts

@BigShotSmoov007 said:

It most certainly can, yes.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

@cainetao11 said:

@BigShotSmoov007 said:

Yes, it does!! TLOU was shit because it couldn't do 1080p as was GTA5. Blurry mess is what Ive seen someone call it. How can anyone play that?

Millions of people played TLOU and GTA5 last year and was 1 and 2 for game of the year last year. Two of the best games to come out in quite awhile so to answer your question, alot of people played those 2 games and enjoyed the hell out of them and neither was 1080p.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By kinectthedots

@chikenfriedrice said:

Yes cows.....as time moves on devs are able to output 1080P more regularly on the X1....just as I thought.

top pic Murdered for xbone

this pic is La Noire from PS3

any questions? lol

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 shawn30

@kinectthedots said:

The game sounds really good and the concept interests me but let be honest here, the game is visually on par with LA noire on PS3/360. There is nothing for lemmings to be getting excited for here to be screaming, "the xbox one is hitthing it's mark" lol.

Also this,"chief creative officer Matt Brunner said, "We're trying to keep a consistency across all the platforms." kind of explains the whole thing. Not every developer will gimp their game just so the xbone version will be able to play the same as the PS4.

A screenshot is your proof, never mind the actual game moving? Come on man, you can do better than that.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

congratulations on your upcoming title allowing you to extract full potential from your television

iwasgood2u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 iwasgood2u
Member since 2009 • 831 Posts

1080p with last gen graphic quality. Congrats lemmings

KiZZo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By KiZZo1
Member since 2007 • 3989 Posts

My guess is the use of crap textures helped boost the framerate ...

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 cainetao11

@BigShotSmoov007 said:

@cainetao11 said:

@BigShotSmoov007 said:

Millions of people played TLOU and GTA5 last year and was 1 and 2 for game of the year last year. Two of the best games to come out in quite awhile so to answer your question, alot of people played those 2 games and enjoyed the hell out of them and neither was 1080p.

You obviously took me WAAAAAYYY too seriously. I don't hate any game over its resolution. I was being sarcastic.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By kinectthedots

@cainetao11 said:

@BigShotSmoov007 said:

@cainetao11 said:

@BigShotSmoov007 said:

You obviously took me WAAAAAYYY too seriously. I don't hate any game over its resolution. I was being sarcastic.

Sarcasm fail,

TLOU = on a last gen system released 8 years ago that is avalible new for $199

vs

Games being made for current gen consoles released in 2013 that cost $400+

720p was the standard for games last generation, you have no point in using that for arguments with the current gen no more than someone using MGS1 as an excuse for a console using horrible block figures in games during the PS2/xbox era (hypthetically)

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#33 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

I'd hope so, it's not that good looking.

tyloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 tyloss
Member since 2012 • 846 Posts

Did Lemmings seriously think no games would be 1080p on the Xbox One? Even at launch there were, you're coming off as desperate when you posts news of a cross generational game hitting that mark.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 cainetao11

@kinectthedots said:

@cainetao11 said:

@BigShotSmoov007 said:

@cainetao11 said:

@BigShotSmoov007 said:

Sarcasm fail,

vs

720p was the standard for games last generation, you have no point in using that for arguments with the current gen no more someone using MGS1 as an excuse for a console using horrible block figures in games during the PS2/xbox era (hypthetically)

If so why has 1080p been available on PC so long? It isn't sarcasm fail, even now. If you make "standards" to what you can enjoy/have fun with................it is you, yourself that is limiting the amount of fun you can have in life.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By kinectthedots

@shawn30 said:

@kinectthedots said:

A screenshot is your proof, never mind the actual game moving? Come on man, you can do better than that.

Loading Video...

To get a 2010 last generation level of game graphics 1080p on xbone had blown lemmings mind.

$500 well spent lems, lol

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By kinectthedots

@cainetao11 said:

@kinectthedots said:

@cainetao11 said:

@BigShotSmoov007 said:

@cainetao11 said:

@BigShotSmoov007 said:

Sarcasm fail,

vs

720p was the standard for games last generation, you have no point in using that for arguments with the current gen no more someone using MGS1 as an excuse for a console using horrible block figures in games during the PS2/xbox era (hypthetically)

If so why has 1080p been available on PC so long? It isn't sarcasm fail, even now. If you make "standards" to what you can enjoy/have fun with................it is you, yourself that is limiting the amount of fun you can have in life.

lol, so it's the ol "lets hide behind PC to make arguments to defend xbox" routine is it?

PC has had various resolutions going in ANY generation, and then there is the fact that PC doesn't even have generations nor a standard hardware set which is why it isn't included in console only arguments (other than DC for one that can't stand on it's own). So yes it is complete sarcasm fail on your part.

The discussion is between consoles not PC. Stop trying to change the argument or move goal posts to defend your favorite brand bud it is not working. Face reality and stop making excuses for Xbone's short comings it's pathetic, "bu but the PC can do better?" lol

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

@RedentSC said:

Erm.. any news on frame rate? as 1080 aint hard to hit when your running at 15fps

You mean like Gears Of Order: War of 1886?

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

From the videos and screenshots it seems to have last gen graphics so it's not a big deal if it can achieve 1080p. Celebrate when something on the level of Battlefield or Ryse can achieve 1080p.

KiZZo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 KiZZo1
Member since 2007 • 3989 Posts

@glez13 said:

From the videos and screenshots it seems to have last gen graphics so it's not a big deal if it can achieve 1080p. Celebrate when something on the level of Battlefield or Ryse can achieve 1080p.

Maybe on Xbox Two ...

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By cainetao11

@kinectthedots:

Defend Xbox? I mentioned GTA 5 as well. Put the gloves down. Why are sony fans so defensive? I don't care about resolution. Do I enjoy a high one? yes. I also enjoy Mint chocolate chip ice cream. But I can still enjoy vanilla as well. I wasn't attacking your beloved company or their console. I was being sarcastic. If you believe in standards, and anything that doesn't meet them is not worthy, then at least have the integrity to accept that it is YOU not the industry, or population, that makes it so for your entertainment. The rest of us will be entertained by anything that is fun because of gameplay, story, and writing, per se.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

Nice that Xflop can get a game that was originally last gen only running at 1080p. Watch Dogs will only be 900p so I guess some more secret sauce needs to poured. Also LOL at The Witcher 3 running 720p on the Bone. Cdprojekt Red at least working on getting 1080p on PS4 from the most demanding game being released this year. Xflop isn't even worth the wasted effort.

cantloginnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#43  Edited By cantloginnow
Member since 2013 • 381 Posts

@cainetao11: They're fighting for their lives,this is all they have.If they lose 1080p completely they have nothing.It isnt much but they have no choice,its better than the games lineup they have and they're more than happy to draw attention away form that.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

any questions? lol

lmfao. There's more detail in the bottom screens tan jacket than the entirety of the xbone screen.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#45  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

@BigShotSmoov007 said:

I'm glad people are making a big deal about resolutions and framerates. Otherwise, we would still be playing games at 720p and 25 frames per second, like last gen.

Good news for Xbox One owners, by the way :)

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 chikenfriedrice

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@kinectthedots said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

any questions? lol

lmfao. There's more detail in the bottom screens tan jacket than the entirety of the xbone screen.

Where is the PS4 screen? You know this game is on the PS4 too right?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

@PAL360 said:

@BigShotSmoov007 said:

I'm glad people are making a big deal about resolutions and framerates. Otherwise, we would still be playing games at 720p and 25 frames per second, like last gen.

Good news for Xbox One owners, by the way :)

I think games are going in the direction regardless of resolution-gate or not. These consoles aren't even 6 months old and people are up in arms about what is or isn't 1080p 60 frames. Those numbers don't make a game great and it didn't matter to anyone last gen. If this is still a problem a year from now, then I can see everyone's point about the 720p resolution, but it's very very very early with these consoles, things will update on both sides and games will look way better.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

X1 = some 1080p games, while PS4 = All 1080p games.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 lostrib

@clr84651 said:

X1 = some 1080p games, while PS4 = All 1080p games.

well, that's factually untrue

RedentSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 RedentSC
Member since 2013 • 1243 Posts

@kuu2 said:

@RedentSC said:

You mean like Gears Of Order: War of 1886?

no, 30 is acceptable. The mere fact they haven't mentioned it would suggest its sub 30 at the moment