MS/360 has RPG's planned to OWN Sony and FF like it's nothing Sony RPG's PLEASE!

• 142 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nasos_33333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 nasos_33333
Member since 2006 • 4530 Posts
[QUOTE="nasos_33333"]

[QUOTE="bullet_math"]FF12 is awesome-RPGamer-

No it is not, in fact it is the MOST DISSAPOINTING FF EVER.

And i have played 7-8-9 and 10, finished 7 and 9 TWICE (ok 9 was started by my brother second time, i finished it)

So, what is wrong with FF12 ? Why all hope is lost for FF13 ? ANd FF13 is the ONLY worthy rpg for PS3 now, White Knight is a good looking joke, it is on rails for one, and has a ... map .... to pick ... quests from ... and you become a godzila like night ... the game is laughable, looksas good as Oblivion but ONLY FF13 was the real hope for PS3

Now to how FF12 has gone worst

1. The VIDEOS. BY FAR. To those that HAVE played older FF games, the videos was by far themost momorable thing about them, since the games are fights ONLY, no adventuring or anything like zelda, the only thing remain is the tedious dialogs, thepart i hated, and the AMAZING STUNNING videos

So, all FF up to 10 had their share of some of the best epic videos in any game, FF7 has the WEAPONS monsters, were the most epic videos ever seen in a video game IMO. Then 8 had its share os stunning videos, with the usual epic feel, and 9 had the summons video again epic beyond description

FF10 has sin, any scene with sin was  a piece or art

Now to FF12, i finished it yesterday after 85+ hours of play, i can't remember a SINGLE VIDEO. NOT ONE.

So, Square got rusty ? They forgot how they do it ? The art team changed ? Inspiration over ? Whatever it is it does not mean well for FF13, which BTW goes from bad to worst since they said will be more in a tech filled worldm which i hate too for a FF game

2. Graphics/design. OK the graphics are crap, that can be passed since  it is a PS2 game, BUT the design is HORRID. No imagination again, FF10 was GULL of stunning DIFFERENT locations, every place was different. Now to me ALL of FF seems like square big rooms, filled wih random stuff and elevations, thta are filled with monsters. Thetowns looks all the same too. It is laughable to see that theenironments in this one are NOT EPIC AT ALL. If i was to rate FF12 environments and Enchanted Arms ones, EM would get a 9, FF12 a 5/10 AT MOST

3. Summons,guess what, you can't upgrade them, can't control them. Now they feel as if there should never have been in the game, and nobodywould care. i do not care, but summons were the best part for me in ALL previous FF games, for whatever reasons they were simply far better released in EVERY FF before 12.

So, for those reasons FF12 was so NOT a memmorable experience to me, that i find hard to believe i wasted money at time on this one, of course it gets 10/10 in addiction, but same gets Diablo 2 on pc, was diabloe 2 memorable ? Yes because of the videos, not gameplay or environments

Hopefully FF13 will be great, like 10 AT LEAST, FF12 should be erased from the face of earth, since it is a disgrace to all previous stunnig FF games

That is my review of the crap FF12 is, good addiction factor, bad EVERYTHING else => 6/10

Wow couldn't disagree with you more, and putting off Level 5's (a relatively new RPG developer that's been very consistent with it's quality) White Night Story is foolish imho.

"To those that HAVE played older FF games, the videos was by far themost momorable thing about them" - This actually made me laugh. Ask a lot of FF fans what their favorite FF is, many will say VI, which was before these precious "videos" were even used.

Did i mension that the leveling up system is crap as well ?? Right now ALL my charatcers know ALL skills, and are totally equal to each other, how about that greatness ??

All in all FF12 is FLAWED in every way imaginable IF you know hoe previous FF games were. I have to give it one possitive, the real time battle system, that is great

And i did say previous FF were memorable for videos AND distinct places to visit, no everything looked like an empty space with some random monsters running around

nasos_33333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 nasos_33333
[QUOTE="nasos_33333"]

And i have played 7-8-9 and 10, finished 7 and 9 TWICE (ok 9 was started by my brother second time, i finished it)

So, what is wrong with FF12 ? Why all hope is lost for FF13 ? ANd FF13 is the ONLY worthy rpg for PS3 now, White Knight is a good looking joke, it is on rails for one, and has a ... map .... to pick ... quests from ... and you become a godzila like night ... the game is laughable, looksas good as Oblivion but ONLY FF13 was the real hope for PS3

1. The VIDEOS. BY FAR. To those that HAVE played older FF games, the videos was by far themost momorable thing about them, since the games are fights ONLY, no adventuring or anything like zelda, the only thing remain is the tedious dialogs, thepart i hated, and the AMAZING STUNNING videos

So, all FF up to 10 had their share of some of the best epic videos in any game, FF7 has the WEAPONS monsters, were the most epic videos ever seen in a video game IMO. Then 8 had its share os stunning videos, with the usual epic feel, and 9 had the summons video again epic beyond description

Now to FF12, i finished it yesterday after 85+ hours of play, i can't remember a SINGLE VIDEO. NOT ONE.

So, Square got rusty ? They forgot how they do it ? The art team changed ? Inspiration over ? Whatever it is it does not mean well for FF13, which BTW goes from bad to worst since they said will be more in a tech filled worldm which i hate too for a FF game

2. Graphics/design. OK the graphics are crap, that can be passed since  it is a PS2 game, BUT the design is HORRID. No imagination again, FF10 was GULL of stunning DIFFERENT locations, every place was different. Now to me ALL of FF seems like square big rooms, filled wih random stuff and elevations, thta are filled with monsters. Thetowns looks all the same too. It is laughable to see that theenironments in this one are NOT EPIC AT ALL. If i was to rate FF12 environments and Enchanted Arms ones, EM would get a 9, FF12 a 5/10 AT MOST

3. Summons,guess what, you can't upgrade them, can't control them. Now they feel as if there should never have been in the game, and nobodywould care. i do not care, but summons were the best part for me in ALL previous FF games, for whatever reasons they were simply far better released in EVERY FF before 12.

So, for those reasons FF12 was so NOT a memmorable experience to me, that i find hard to believe i wasted money at time on this one, of course it gets 10/10 in addiction, but same gets Diablo 2 on pc, was diabloe 2 memorable ? Yes because of the videos, not gameplay or environments

Hopefully FF13 will be great, like 10 AT LEAST, FF12 should be erased from the face of earth, since it is a disgrace to all previous stunnig FF games

That is my review of the crap FF12 is, good addiction factor, bad EVERYTHING else => 6/10

Wow couldn't disagree with you more, and putting off Level 5's (a relatively new RPG developer that's been very consistent with it's quality) White Night Story is foolish imho.

"To those that HAVE played older FF games, the videos was by far themost momorable thing about them" - This actually made me laugh. Ask a lot of FF fans what their favorite FF is, many will say VI, which was before these precious "videos" were even used.

Did i mension that the leveling up system is crap as well ?? Right now ALL my charatcers know ALL skills, and are totally equal to each other, how about that greatness ??

All in all FF12 is FLAWED in every way imaginable IF you know hoe previous FF games were. I have to give it one possitive, the real time battle system, that is great

And i did say previous FF were memorable for videos AND distinct places to visit, no everything looked like an empty space with some random monsters running around

Kintaro_Oe_25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#53 Kintaro_Oe_25
Member since 2004 • 684 Posts
[QUOTE="-RPGamer-"][QUOTE="-Spock-"][QUOTE="-RPGamer-"]

[QUOTE="-Spock-"][QUOTE="tonemd_basic"]It will be interesting to see if shooter crazy lemmings will actually buy Lost Oddessy and Blue Dragon. I foresee poor sales and lessons learned.pins_basic

The 200,000 Blue Dragon Premium 360 bundles have already sold out in Japan with much more pre-orders and on the day sales to be added....

Those primarily don't exist in Japan...

He meant it as a generalisation though. Instead of lemmings who just like shooters, he likely meant the userbase as a whole...maybe even as an attempted insult....

As a generalization is close when it comes to the American userbase. I would assume he's talkning about the Western userbase over Eastern simply b/c shooters aren't popular over there.

It's not fair to lable 360 owner's shooter fans. The Xbox best games were shooters which reflected in it's game sales but other genres also saw success when the game was acually worth buying. Fable, Kotor, Kotor 2 and Morrowind all sold well on the original Xbox and they were all RPG's, Oblivion on the 360 also sold Well and that's also an RPG.

I feel sorry for the 360 owner who isn't a shooter fan.
tegovoltio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 tegovoltio
Member since 2004 • 9280 Posts
[QUOTE="-RPGamer-"][QUOTE="nasos_33333"]

[QUOTE="bullet_math"]FF12 is awesomenasos_33333

FF10 has sin, any scene with sin was a piece or art

2. Graphics/design. OK the graphics are crap, that can be passed since it is a PS2 game, BUT the design is HORRID. No imagination again, FF10 was GULL of stunning DIFFERENT locations, every place was different. Now to me ALL of FF seems like square big rooms, filled wih random stuff and elevations, thta are filled with monsters. Thetowns looks all the same too. It is laughable to see that theenironments in this one are NOT EPIC AT ALL. If i was to rate FF12 environments and Enchanted Arms ones, EM would get a 9, FF12 a 5/10 AT MOST

Wow couldn't disagree with you more, and putting off Level 5's (a relatively new RPG developer that's been very consistent with it's quality) White Night Story is foolish imho.

As I said most of those who dislike FF XII are FF VII or past FF fanboys, just like those ppl who liked the NES-SNES FF games dislike the rest after VII, and ironically many are liking  XII. Also its very interesting to see how XII is one of the 3 highest rated FF games ever.

Kintaro_Oe_25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#55 Kintaro_Oe_25
Member since 2004 • 684 Posts

FF10 has sin, any scene with sin was a piece or art

2. Graphics/design. OK the graphics are crap, that can be passed since it is a PS2 game, BUT the design is HORRID. No imagination again, FF10 was GULL of stunning DIFFERENT locations, every place was different. Now to me ALL of FF seems like square big rooms, filled wih random stuff and elevations, thta are filled with monsters. Thetowns looks all the same too. It is laughable to see that theenironments in this one are NOT EPIC AT ALL. If i was to rate FF12 environments and Enchanted Arms ones, EM would get a 9, FF12 a 5/10 AT MOST

Wow couldn't disagree with you more, and putting off Level 5's (a relatively new RPG developer that's been very consistent with it's quality) White Night Story is foolish imho.

FFXII is a masterpiece 8)
TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 TheCrazed420
Member since 2003 • 7661 Posts

You make good points here, I'll have to agree on the memorable areas and the characters all getting maxed out eventually. I disagree about the vids, I think this one has a fantastic story so far, and the graphics, i think they're very well done too. But in the end, I'm having a blast with the game, and even you said its addicting as hell.
bullet_math

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 bullet_math
Member since 2006 • 3020 Posts
Mass Effect and Trusty bell Twice as fast as your ass
-RPGamer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#58 -RPGamer-
Member since 2002 • 34283 Posts

The license board is a neat system, felt a lot like the sphere grid in the end to me. You hype FFX to be so great, when it's development system was just as dynamic. You could have characters identical in both FFX and FFXII. Yet FFXII's crap to you, odd is it not?

I've played each and every FF (excluding FFXI), and since you have not I find it odd that you say it's flawed in every way. This goes back to the video complaint, which was just plain ironic considering the first six FF didn't even have that functionality in them.

I mean I'm watching you complain about this game essentially being "crap" and yet you played it for 85hrs. Either 1) you enjoy punishing yourself 2) it did something very well and you're just being overly cynical for what ever reason.

-RPGamer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#59 -RPGamer-
Member since 2002 • 34283 Posts

As I said most of those who dislike FF XII are FF VII or past FF fanboys, just like those ppl who liked the NES-SNES FF games dislike the rest after VII, and ironically many are liking  XII. Also its very interesting to see how XII is one of the 3 highest rated FF games ever.

tegovoltio

I actually like all of them from FFI to FFXII, just not to the same extent.

Gorbichov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#61 Gorbichov
Member since 2003 • 4674 Posts
nvm, i misread that message
nasos_33333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 nasos_33333
[QUOTE="nasos_33333"][QUOTE="-RPGamer-"][QUOTE="nasos_33333"]

The license board is a neat system, felt a lot like the sphere grid in the end to me. You hype FFX to be so great, when it's development system was just as dynamic. You could have characters identical in both FFX and FFXII. Yet FFXII's crap to you, odd is it not?

I've played each and every FF (excluding FFXI), and since you have not I find it odd that you say it's flawed in every way. This goes back to the video complaint, which was just plain ironic considering the first six FF didn't even have that functionality in them.

I mean I'm watching you complain about this game essentially being "crap" and yet you played it for 85hrs. Either 1) you enjoy punishing yourself 2) it did something very well and you're just being overly cynical for what ever reason.

95+ hours now :). The game IS NOT CRAP, just crap COMPARING to any other FF after 7 (bar 11), has great point like the beattle system, and the hunts

The board system is CRAP, get over it, the sphere grid was genious, you could actually see where you are going, plan a bit, not randomly open places, then again i maxed out ALL of the boards in about 65 hours time, after that the game HAS become a bit dull, OK ??? In FF10 i still could play another decade to max the shere grid and the summons, that was its beauty

As for the videos, PLAIN AND SIMPLE crap, i have not played FF1-6, and would not care to do so too. At that time i was playing vastly superior games on my pc, those games seemed so much crap back then that i never bothered, not with previous zeldas too. Sorry, what can i say, i LOVED FF7-8-9 and 10 videos, they were so epic, the weapons monsters, the sin, the summons, simply stunning

Now those FF12 videos are as good as crap, i can't even bring ONE in my mind, all i recall was an explosion of an airship, that's it. And that was not so good either

As for the complaints, i just do not want FF13 to be as crap, hopefully the previou summons return, are controllable, and upgradable, the sphere system returns and the videos are like old ones in the series, BUT keep the new battle system

The level design is crap too, again there was not on memorable place in the game, the 2d FF7 was vastly superior, and yet FF10 was as amazing in locals, now FF12 has some nice graphics, BUT i can't bring to my mind one place that i really liked and had a wow factor. F10 was like FF7 brought to 3d, FF12 i like a generic MMORPG with generic environments, again sorry but this is the way it is, i am not here to debate over OBVIOUS things

It is obvious the FF11 team, should NEVER be involved in single player games

Nitric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Nitric
Member since 2003 • 13328 Posts
mythrol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#64 mythrol
Member since 2005 • 5237 Posts

I never touched the PSX, so don't call me a hypocrit. The Playstation 2 was my first venture into gaming with Sony. I evaluate my purchase every generation, and make a decision on which one I like the best, based upon hardware reviews, capabilities, and finally the games. If Microsoft would redesign the Xbox 360 with built in WiFi, slot-loading, and even integrated HD-DVD, I would wait until 2007, maybe even 2008 to buy a PS3.

TekkenMaster606
So you value hardware and "capablilities" over games? I feel sorry for you. I see your point how every RPG the 360 will be multiple disc as well, since as we know Oblivion which had 100's of hours of gameplay spanned multiple discs. Oh wait, what was that? It all, fit, on one disc? *gasp*
AR-KNIGHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 AR-KNIGHT
Member since 2006 • 604 Posts
Fission Mailed :lol:
d3thm0nkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 d3thm0nkey
Member since 2006 • 615 Posts
[QUOTE="AcidTWister"]You listed the sequel to the most disappointing game in the history of video gaming in your argument that Microsoft will kill sony's RPG market. You fail.

No sire, I am afraid Fable was great, just too short :C
Sovereign727

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Sovereign727
Member since 2006 • 673 Posts

It's true look at all the Cows who said oh oh FF12 yeah it will be game of the year :lol: Then go look in there FF12 forum and see all the Cows in there saying it blows.

Please MS/360 is set to OWN Sony where it really HURTS RPG'S

Lost Oddessy

Blue Dragon

BioShock

Fable 2

Mass Effect

Oblivion hmmm 9.6 and we will give you are old rehash for your POS3

And we have more that i can't even think of right now So go on bring on you little FF for PS3 that game is so LONG IN THE TOOTH it's not even funny.:lol:

Sony and there Rpg's Man MS/360 got you covered with EASE

SlickGTGuy
In your list I see 2 JRPGS not nearly as good as final fantasy. An FPS (also on PC). Sequal to the biggest RPG flop in the history of gaming (will come to PC..) And another RPG thats going to come to PC. Real compelling stuff there.
mythrol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 mythrol
[QUOTE="SlickGTGuy"]

It's true look at all the Cows who said oh oh FF12 yeah it will be game of the year :lol: Then go look in there FF12 forum and see all the Cows in there saying it blows.

Lost Oddessy

Blue Dragon

BioShock

Fable 2

Mass Effect

And we have more that i can't even think of right now So go on bring on you little FF for PS3 that game is so LONG IN THE TOOTH it's not even funny.:lol:

Sovereign727
In your list I see 2 JRPGS not nearly as good as final fantasy. An FPS (also on PC). Sequal to the biggest RPG flop in the history of gaming (will come to PC..) And another RPG thats going to come to PC. Real compelling stuff there.

I'm amazed. You've played Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon? Can you please tell me how fun they are? You must have connections with Sakaguichi. Can you get me his autograph? I mean he is the father of these "Final Fantasy" games that you so dearly love. But according to you, before the games release, they have no chance of being as good as a Final Fantasy? Interesting argument, really. BioShock I honestly wouldn't call a RPG. It's seem more on par with a story driven FPS like Deus Ex. Still, it looks awesome. I found Fable fun. In no means did it ever meet the hype that it had built up around it though. I think that's why he's been so quiet about Fable 2. Still, the first one was a solid game. Even if it did flop. No reason to think Fable 2 will suck. Mass Effect looks awesome and uh, so far there's been nothing about porting it to the PC, other than rumours. And we know how well rumours can be believed. There's also ofcourse Eternal Sonata, Infinity Unlimited, Two Worlds, and quite a few other RPG's coming to the 360. Mind naming the PS3 RPG's announced?
Bren128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Bren128
Member since 2003 • 2358 Posts

It's true look at all the Cows who said oh oh FF12 yeah it will be game of the year :lol: Then go look in there FF12 forum and see all the Cows in there saying it blows.

Lost Oddessy

Blue Dragon

BioShock

Fable 2

Mass Effect

SlickGTGuy
1. the king of rpgs is the final fantasy series, it will take many years for it to be dethroned if is ever dethroned. 2. you havent played FFXII and you havent been to the FFXII board, the game is AMAZING. What score has lost oddessy gotten? Blue dragon? Mass effect? Oh wait their NOT EVEN OUT YET. you think their going to be better then ff games because they look good? LOL, your a smart one!!
nasos_33333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 nasos_33333
[QUOTE="SlickGTGuy"]

Lost Oddessy

Blue Dragon

BioShock

Fable 2

Mass Effect

Sovereign727

To me they are FAR more compelling than the FF boredom and tedious battles to get anywhere

d-suhiti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 d-suhiti
Member since 2004 • 2593 Posts

All I have to say is. DISC SWAP! Enjoy!TekkenMaster606

At least I'm paying $200 less :lol: 

strahd01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 strahd01
Member since 2003 • 2440 Posts
[QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]

I never touched the PSX, so don't call me a hypocrit. The Playstation 2 was my first venture into gaming with Sony. I evaluate my purchase every generation, and make a decision on which one I like the best, based upon hardware reviews, capabilities, and finally the games. If Microsoft would redesign the Xbox 360 with built in WiFi, slot-loading, and even integrated HD-DVD, I would wait until 2007, maybe even 2008 to buy a PS3.

mythrol
So you value hardware and "capablilities" over games? I feel sorry for you. I see your point how every RPG the 360 will be multiple disc as well, since as we know Oblivion which had 100's of hours of gameplay spanned multiple discs. Oh wait, what was that? It all, fit, on one disc? *gasp*

Wow slot loading what a great function that is!!! the well since PS2 was your "first venture" into gaming you missed alot of good games I been in Gaming since 88 (286 PC and NES) I have seen alot of things alot of great games And while PS2 had some great games to base games on console hardware is idiotic, if you looked deeper in the past some of the best games where on multiple disc. I am sorry that function is one of your deciding factors to buy a console you will miss alot of good games because you want built in wifi and a slot loading drive so you dont have to swap discs ever 20 hours or so. but since you only owned a PS2 and probably never touched a PSX game because the graphics "sucked" and they where on 3 to 4 CDs you only had access to about 2% of all the great games out there. I actually feel real sorry for you even i played games that where "before my time"
Avatar image for TekkenMaster606
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#73 TekkenMaster606
Member since 2006 • 10980 Posts

[QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]All I have to say is. DISC SWAP! Enjoy!d-suhiti

At least I'm paying $200 less :lol: 

For what? A barebones system. No WiFi, No memory card readers, no upgradable hard drive...Go ahead and come at me with the 'but, but, teH gAMeZZ.' If you want to sound cheap and make your choice of console look cheap, then go ahead and tell me none of that has anything to do with gaming. I'm happy with bells and whistles.

fuzzysquash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#74 fuzzysquash
Member since 2004 • 17374 Posts
[QUOTE="-RPGamer-"][QUOTE="SlickGTGuy"]

Lost Oddessy

Blue Dragon

BioShock

Fable 2

Mass Effect

TheCrazed420

FFXII is a great game, breaks the mold for JRPG and FF for that matter. Square Enix is damned if they do and damned if they dn't with FF, they'll never make everyone happy.

If the trend continues for Sony they'll be no weak contender for the RPG genre.

This is where I like not being a fanboy. I don't have to worry about missing out on some great games b/c of some shallow drivel like "OMG it's on the POS3".

I agree, FFXII is blowing my mind right now. It took me a few hours to get used to all the new gameplay mechanics, but I am now completely addicted. I'm trying to find faults in the game, and I'm having a hell of a hard time. I'm starting to go as far as thinking this is the best FF since VII...this game gives me hope for XIII, is it the same team?

No, the FFX team is making XIII
JeSuS_iS_bLaCk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 JeSuS_iS_bLaCk
Member since 2006 • 562 Posts

Fable sucked and so will Fable 2.

Oblivion is not a RPG, the series used to be but they screwed Oblivion over.

I haven't really played any FF games.

Other than that Mass Effect is going to be the best RPG of this generation.

TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 TekkenMaster606
White Knight Story begs to differ.
strahd01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 strahd01
[QUOTE="d-suhiti"]

[QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]All I have to say is. DISC SWAP! Enjoy!TekkenMaster606

At least I'm paying $200 less :lol:

For what? A barebones system. No WiFi, No memory card readers, no upgradable hard drive...Go ahead and come at me with the 'but, but, teH gAMeZZ.' If you want to sound cheap and make your choice of console look cheap, then go ahead and tell me none of that has anything to do with gaming. I'm happy with bells and whistles.

You got to me kidding me... you DONT care about games? Get a Server then
mythrol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 mythrol
[QUOTE="d-suhiti"]

[QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]All I have to say is. DISC SWAP! Enjoy!TekkenMaster606

At least I'm paying $200 less :lol:

Uh, it has wifi if you need it, you buy the adaptor. Again, they aren't forcing those that don't need the wifi adaptor to pay for it. No memory card reader? Why, do I need this for my game console? I use a card reader with my computer when I edit my photos. I haven't heard about PhotoShop going to the PS3, when was this announced? No upgradable hard drives? Uh, yes they are removable hence upgradable. Simply Microsoft hasn't released a larger HDD. Don't worry, they'll be announcing one in the future I'm sure. Just like they'll be announcing a HDMI dongle in the future (for those that want it). The 360 is all about "customizing" your experience to fit what you want to make it. If you want your 360 set up for WiFi, buy it. But what if you just want to play games, like the 95% of gamers out there? Then they won't need tons of add-ons. So unlike Sony forcing you to buy stuff you'll never use (card reader?), Microsoft gives you the choice.
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 TekkenMaster606
Well, I WANT all of that stuff, out of the box. Memory card reader, 'effin sweet. Can't wait to share my photos and such over my TV. I require WiFi to get online, I live in a newer condo complex where they didn't install network in the units, we all voted to setup wireless out of the complex office. I don't do cheapie third party items, so I guess to get online with Xbox 360 costs me $550. $400 + $100 for WiFi + $50 for a year of live. The Playstation 3 gives me all of that plus more for $50. Sure, the games are important, but since I rent everything, the value factor dosen't mean much. I can have fun playing Genji, it sure beats cleaning the cat's litter box or washing my wife's car, which is what I'd be doing if I weren't gaming.
vincentpollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#80 vincentpollard
Member since 2003 • 161 Posts

Lost Oddessy

Blue Dragon

BioShock

Fable 2

Mass Effect

SlickGTGuy
I don't care what gamespot said or says about FFXII that game is not a joke. The only game on that list that has a chance of legitimately being better than FFXII is blue dragon. GS isn't the only source for these seilly scores, and half the time the reviewers screw games out of points because they have such a high standrad for the series that they don't judge them against the competition, they judge them against their predecessor. I can tell you as a fact FFXII is not a joke, and is one of the most high quality RPG I have ever played. Check around and see the other scores that FFXII got and also realize that famitsu one of the most respected game magazines in the world gave it a perfect score, don't talk trash about FFXII because in all honesty it is easily the best in the series as far as gameplay, and quality goes. The major thing the fanboys hate about it is that its a mature game that doesn't rely on a love story, or a main character getting killed half way through the story, or a typical villain. What makes FFXII so special is the maturity, and how much you genuinely like the characters in the game. Hate to say it buddy, but all those so called great rpg from 360 will Never get to its 12th installment, and if they do they will recieve weak lesser scores because they will always be judged against their own pedigree, and nobody elses. So getting a 9.0 when a reviewer is comparing you to FF7 or FF VI is actually an incredible score.
mythrol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 mythrol
Well, I WANT all of that stuff, out of the box. Memory card reader, 'effin sweet. Can't wait to share my photos and such over my TV. I require WiFi to get online, I live in a newer condo complex where they didn't install network in the units, we all voted to setup wireless out of the complex office. I don't do cheapie third party items, so I guess to get online with Xbox 360 costs me $550. $400 + $100 for WiFi + $50 for a year of live. The Playstation 3 gives me all of that plus more for $50. Sure, the games are important, but since I rent everything, the value factor dosen't mean much. I can have fun playing Genji, it sure beats cleaning the cat's litter box or washing my wife's car, which is what I'd be doing if I weren't gaming. TekkenMaster606
Tv's have built in memory readers, and you see how well that has taken off. . . Want to share your pictures? Simply network them over from your computer to your 360, even better network your pictures over from your friend's PC to his 360. Even better, stream music and movies over to the 360 across your computer? I mean a technical person like yourself certainly has a home network set up. And these are features that the PS3 doesn't offer. $50 for live is nothing. $4 bucks a month. Oh the pain of that break the bank to someone so obsessed with technology that he obviously spends tons of cash on it. If you want the best online service (you seem to want the "best" of everything) it's as simple as XBL. Sony's online network doesn't match it. You're only kidding yourself if you think it does. PSN doesn't even standardize voice chat. You "could" have fun playing Genji. But you'd have a lot more fun playing GoW over XBL with a supported headset. The whole reason for buying a console is for the games. To say "I rent, hence value factor doesn't mean much" is completely wrong. That's like saying "I ate a turd instead of a steak because flavor doesn't really matter to me". In the end of the day, you're still eating crap. You're just making an excuse to stuff your mouth full of it.
strahd01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 strahd01
Well, I WANT all of that stuff, out of the box. Memory card reader, 'effin sweet. Can't wait to share my photos and such over my TV. I require WiFi to get online, I live in a newer condo complex where they didn't install network in the units, we all voted to setup wireless out of the complex office. I don't do cheapie third party items, so I guess to get online with Xbox 360 costs me $550. $400 + $100 for WiFi + $50 for a year of live. The Playstation 3 gives me all of that plus more for $50. Sure, the games are important, but since I rent everything, the value factor dosen't mean much. I can have fun playing Genji, it sure beats cleaning the cat's litter box or washing my wife's car, which is what I'd be doing if I weren't gaming. TekkenMaster606
sharing photos on the tv is overrated the 360 does that too i can stream photos from my PC or a usb memory card or a external HD and add i can even add music to it even make a slide show or put a Picture in my dashboard background.. its not a big deal
Sovereign727

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Sovereign727
Member since 2006 • 673 Posts
[QUOTE="Sovereign727"][QUOTE="SlickGTGuy"]

Lost Oddessy

Blue Dragon

BioShock

Fable 2

Mass Effect

mythrol

I'm amazed. You've played Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon? Can you please tell me how fun they are? You must have connections with Sakaguichi. Can you get me his autograph? I mean he is the father of these "Final Fantasy" games that you so dearly love. But according to you, before the games release, they have no chance of being as good as a Final Fantasy? Interesting argument, really. BioShock I honestly wouldn't call a RPG. It's seem more on par with a story driven FPS like Deus Ex. Still, it looks awesome. I found Fable fun. In no means did it ever meet the hype that it had built up around it though. I think that's why he's been so quiet about Fable 2. Still, the first one was a solid game. Even if it did flop. No reason to think Fable 2 will suck. Mass Effect looks awesome and uh, so far there's been nothing about porting it to the PC, other than rumours. And we know how well rumours can be believed. There's also ofcourse Eternal Sonata, Infinity Unlimited, Two Worlds, and quite a few other RPG's coming to the 360. Mind naming the PS3 RPG's announced?

Obviously those 2 RPGs not being as good as final fantasy was a prediction. All we can do until GS does a review and we take its wording as final as if the review is some kind of god. Bioshock, well, you agree with me there. Fable 2 won't suck, but it won't 'OWN sony and FF like it's nothing'. Mass Effect, well, EVERY single bioware RPG on the Xbox has been ported to PCs and there are already rumours of it coming to PC. So uh yeah..It's a pretty safe bet. As for the PS3s RPG's, have a look yourself http://au.gamespot.com/games.html?platform=1028&category=Role-Playing&type=games&mode=top&sort=views&sortdir=asc (doesn't include white knight story I think) Not bad for a console that only just launched, and all the JRPG developers will rally behind the PS3, don't worry about that. In japan its only competitor is the Wii and that doesn't have many RPGs announced for it.
nasos_33333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 nasos_33333
[QUOTE="mythrol"][QUOTE="Sovereign727"][QUOTE="SlickGTGuy"]

Lost Oddessy

Blue Dragon

BioShock

Fable 2

Mass Effect

Sovereign727

Obviously those 2 RPGs not being as good as final fantasy was a prediction. All we can do until GS does a review and we take its wording as final as if the review is some kind of god. Bioshock, well, you agree with me there. Fable 2 won't suck, but it won't 'OWN sony and FF like it's nothing'. Mass Effect, well, EVERY single bioware RPG on the Xbox has been ported to PCs and there are already rumours of it coming to PC. So uh yeah..It's a pretty safe bet. As for the PS3s RPG's, have a look yourself http://au.gamespot.com/games.html?platform=1028&category=Role-Playing&type=games&mode=top&sort=views&sortdir=asc (doesn't include white knight story I think) Not bad for a console that only just launched, and all the JRPG developers will rally behind the PS3, don't worry about that. In japan its only competitor is the Wii and that doesn't have many RPGs announced for it.

From your own list of PS3 rpg's, project D is not an rpg, Dark rpg is cancelled, monster hunter rpg ???, Elveon is xbox 360 ONLY for now, Oblivion, EM, LOTR all for xbox 360 as well, marvel too

So what does that leave us with ? FF13, Unknown Realms (adventure), Untold lowscoring and White Knight, all 2008 releases especially in Europe

Well, it is hardly a rpg bargain, when xbox 360 in 2007 early 2008 will get

Fable 2, THE best looking game ever, that if this time does what it promises, even half will FAR surpass ANY FF with the old gameplay and style

Mass Effect, no comments, if you want to wait 2-3 years for the pc version so be it, i want itearly 2007, thanks, plus it gets another 2 games, it is a trilogy

Jade Empire 2 - See above

Lost odyssey, actually this could becloser to FF7 than any other FF, so it might best even FF13

Blue Dragon- stunning graphics, well i am not very positive about anything else in this one

Trusty Bell- Stunning, looks like a 2d handpainted world come to 3D

Cry On - Who knows ?

Two Worlds - Oblivion like game, with stunning graphics, i will give it a try for sure

Elveon - Stunning world, more action less rpg, but still an rpg

Overlord - Stunning graphics interesting ideas, control an army of monsters that get stronger as you go

Alan Wake - No comments, have you seen the graphics

Bioshock - Well stunning again, a shotter-rpg hybrid, with more interaction than most rpg's

Couldcept Saga - This one got a really high score in famitsu, which i never expected, i give it a try

Infinite Undisovery - Tri Ace made Star Ocean a game i loved, well i will DEFINATLY buy this one

Circle of Doom - Diablo clone in 3d, great graphics

Project Offset - Well, no comments

And since your list contained all multiplatforms here are ALL the rest

LOTR: White Council

Oblivion with ALL the expansions NOW, not in some months or in many months for Europe

Enchanted Arms

Ultimate Alliance

Golden Axe

SO, all in all, ARE YOU KIDDING ME ? PS3 better in RPG's ?? When, in 2010 ? Maybe, but with only 3 ANNOUNCED worthy rpg's, it can HARDLY be compared to xbox 360 MASSIVE RPG INVASION

-CMG-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 -CMG-
Member since 2002 • 4804 Posts

Do you really think any of us are thinking OMG I have to swap a disc every 15 hours in an RPG??   You want to see how lame your theory is?  How often do we play a game straight through?  How often do you have to stand to jack in your cable to recharge the batteries on the controller?  How often do you have to stop and go get a new set of batteries ?  How lazy do you think people are that you think a minor thing like Disc swapoing could make a difference in our opinions?

In a 40 hour RPG I will stop playing and swap the disc for another game allot more than the game asks me too just cause its so long.

Sad really that you guys are reaching so far and dont realize how hollow that complaint sounds.

TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 TekkenMaster606

[QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]All I have to say is. DISC SWAP! Enjoy!-CMG-

Do you really think any of us are thinking OMG I have to swap a disc every 15 hours in an RPG??   You want to see how lame your theory is?  How often do we play a game straight through?  How often do you have to stand to jack in your cable to recharge the batteries on the controller?  How often do you have to stop and go get a new set of batteries ?  How lazy do you think people are that you think a minor thing like Disc swapoing could make a difference in our opinions?

In a 40 hour RPG I will stop playing and swap the disc for another game allot more than the game asks me too just cause its so long.

Sad really that you guys are reaching so far and dont realize how hollow that complaint sounds.

You know, I wrote that to entice these types of replies. Damage control.

adzobren44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 adzobren44
Member since 2004 • 183 Posts

[QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]All I have to say is. DISC SWAP! Enjoy!SlickGTGuy

I bet you had no probs swapping your 3 disk in your little FF7?

It's sad that the Cows resort to there you have to swap a disk to try and defend that they know MS ownzzz them in RPG's now to.

Also there is really no proof that there will be a dick swap and even if there was that was never EVER a problem for any gamer only until now all the sudden becuase Cows say so becuase they get OWNED so bad they have only this to resort to.

Lol u sed dick swap! haha...sorry im a "lemming" but i thought id mention that
avenger_dot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 avenger_dot
Member since 2007 • 804 Posts
[QUOTE="SlickGTGuy"]

[QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]All I have to say is. DISC SWAP! Enjoy!adzobren44

I bet you had no probs swapping your 3 disk in your little FF7?

It's sad that the Cows resort to there you have to swap a disk to try and defend that they know MS ownzzz them in RPG's now to.

Also there is really no proof that there will be a dick swap and even if there was that was never EVER a problem for any gamer only until now all the sudden becuase Cows say so becuase they get OWNED so bad they have only this to resort to.

Lol u sed dick swap! haha...sorry im a "lemming" but i thought id mention that

Disk swaping is so minor, i can't believe people bring it up at all

xbox3604lyf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 xbox3604lyf
Member since 2006 • 792 Posts
STFU u fat ass
Avatar image for supermechakirby
supermechakirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 supermechakirby
Member since 2003 • 10677 Posts
[QUOTE="AcidTWister"]You listed the sequel to the most disappointing game in the history of video gaming in your argument that Microsoft will kill sony's RPG market. You fail.

no, killzone is the most dissapointing game in the history of video gaming yet cows wont shut up about killzone 2 Fable >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Killzone 8.6 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 6.9 plus fable has scored higher than a good amount of JRPG's
avenger_dot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 avenger_dot

[QUOTE="AcidTWister"]You listed the sequel to the most disappointing game in the history of video gaming in your argument that Microsoft will kill sony's RPG market. You fail.supermechakirby
no, killzone is the most dissapointing game in the history of video gaming yet cows wont shut up about killzone 2 Fable >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Killzone 8.6 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 6.9 plus fable has scored higher than a good amount of JRPG's

Ninja Gaiden 2, Lost Odyssey, Mass Effect and Fable 2 are my most wanted games ever, and yes Fable was a GREAT game, Fable 2 should be one of the best coming games

danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
[QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]All I have to say is. DISC SWAP! Enjoy!Krazy_Boss
I will :D

yeah.. at least the 360 can do it from a disc. the ps3 needs to install every game on the harddiskfor it to properly play the game....
trasherhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#93 trasherhead
Member since 2005 • 3058 Posts

Lost Oddessy

Blue Dragon

BioShock

Fable 2

Mass Effect

SlickGTGuy
Non of those will come close to the FF7 remake or the next Suikoden game.
avenger_dot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 avenger_dot
[QUOTE="SlickGTGuy"]

Lost Oddessy

Blue Dragon

BioShock

Fable 2

Mass Effect

trasherhead

Hahahaha whatever makes you sleep better at night !!!

mido275

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 mido275
Member since 2005 • 256 Posts
RPG sucks , except FF
Avatar image for -GeordiLaForge-
-GeordiLaForge-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 -GeordiLaForge-
Member since 2006 • 7167 Posts
It's better then not playing them ;) I didn't mind switching discs in my PS1, and I won't mind it with my 360, if that day arrives.
avenger_dot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 avenger_dot

RPG sucks , except FFmido275

trasherhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#98 trasherhead
Member since 2005 • 3058 Posts
[QUOTE="trasherhead"][QUOTE="SlickGTGuy"]

Lost Oddessy

Blue Dragon

BioShock

Fable 2

Mass Effect

avenger_dot

what a snappy comeback.... But non of those games has brought anything new to the rpg scene. Both FF7 and Suikoden brought new ideas. Lost Oddessy and Blue Dragon are just reharshed FF replicas. Fable is Zelda and Mass effect is Deus Ex. Bio Shock I don't realy know anything about.
miss_kitt3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 miss_kitt3n
Member since 2006 • 2717 Posts
[QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]All I have to say is. DISC SWAP! Enjoy!Krazy_Boss
I will :D

Loose one of the Disks :D