MS GDC Keynote

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Titus_WoWplayer
Titus_WoWplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#301 Titus_WoWplayer
Member since 2005 • 702 Posts

Has the CryEngine2 been shown running on consoles?

killab2oo5
at gdc behind closed doors...i think they are showing it to the public soon this week.
Titus_WoWplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#302 Titus_WoWplayer

wow ng2!!

the sd video of the demo

dhjohns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#303 dhjohns
Member since 2003 • 5105 Posts
[QUOTE="killab2oo5"]

Has the CryEngine2 been shown running on consoles?

Titus_WoWplayer

at gdc behind closed doors...i think they are showing it to the public soon this week.

Really? Sweet!!!

Titus_WoWplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#304 Titus_WoWplayer

oh my fable trailers!

part of the gdc stuff.

MoldOnHold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#305 MoldOnHold
Member since 2005 • 11760 Posts

MS was the publisher of that game. XNA games dont even have to be approved by MS, unlike regular XBLA games.

TOAO_Cyrus1

They don't have to be approved? I'd imagine there would be some approval process if MS puts it on it's Marketplace.

But this would definately be cool if true though. :)

Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#306 Bansheesdie
Member since 2004 • 15057 Posts

The Fable 2 demo was funny and damned impressive, Gears 2 trailer was grotesque and brilliant.

Is there a link to a site that allows you to watch the Msoft keynote?

Ragashahs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#307 Ragashahs
Member since 2005 • 8785 Posts
not bad but so far nothing we really didn't expect
TOAO_Cyrus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308 TOAO_Cyrus1
Member since 2004 • 2895 Posts
[QUOTE="TOAO_Cyrus1"]

MS was the publisher of that game. XNA games dont even have to be approved by MS, unlike regular XBLA games.

MoldOnHold

They don't have to be approved? I'd imagine there would be some approval process if MS puts it on it's Marketplace.

But this would definately be cool if true though. :)

There is some kind of peer apporval system but MS is not directly involved. You cant expect them to review 1000 games in a year.

EDIT: Heres the info http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080220-xna-games-coming-to-the-zune-xbox-live-arcade.html

"Titles will be selected through a democratized game distribution system pulling on the Creator's Club user base. Members will be able to screen and vote on games, with those reaching a certain level of approval cleared and released to the public. A handful of these games are now availableas trials on the Xbox Live Marketplace."

So basically creators club members are responsible for approving games before they are released.

-Karmum-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309 -Karmum-
Member since 2007 • 3775 Posts

Gears 2, pumpe for. Cannot wait for Fable 2, NGII, not so much. All the 2's lately. :P

Fable 2 looks great, excited of Gears 2, and I never liked Ninja Gaiden 2. Saved film doesn't amaze me either. Good for them, I guess.

-Karmum-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310 -Karmum-

well, i'll be able to fill up my new zune 80 with games soon.shoeman12

Speaking of which, when are the games for the Zune coming out? I didn't read all of it. Need games on my Zune.

And will they cost me something? I'm cheap. :P

sexy_chimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#311 sexy_chimp
Member since 2007 • 6457 Posts

Ninja Gaiden is confirmed to be 2008 GOTY.

How can you beat zombies with chainsaws as one hand and rocket launchers as the other hand?

Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#312 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts

Ninja Gaiden II - AAA Confirmed

Enemies with chainsaws as arms!

shoeman12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313 shoeman12
Member since 2005 • 8744 Posts

[QUOTE="shoeman12"]well, i'll be able to fill up my new zune 80 with games soon.-Karmum-

Speaking of which, when are the games for the Zune coming out? I didn't read all of it. Need games on my Zune.

And will they cost me something? I'm cheap. :P

i'm not sure, this is all they said about it

11:04 am PT -- "Democritizing" game development... there's that word again. We should ask our slave to tell us what it means. What if some of these games could be taken mobile? What if you had a Zune (what if indeed...)? XNA Game Studios titles on your Zune. Aha.

11:05 am PT -- Satchell whips out a Zune (he actually has one) and selects "Zauri", a topdown shooter. It supports custom soundtracks too (what with it being an MP3 player and all). You can take a game from Windows, to Xbox, to Zune, explains Satchell. "We've more than delivered," says Satchell of Microsoft's original XNA vision.

Arsuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314 Arsuz
Member since 2003 • 2318 Posts
OMG Fable 2 NEEDS to come out on the PC. I really want this game. The GDS walkthrough looks awesome! Fable TLC was my favourite RPG. I have such fond memories to it. I don't want to buy an X360 though. Please Molyneux, don't forget your roots as a PC developer!
the1stfandb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315 the1stfandb
Member since 2007 • 2397 Posts

OMG Fable 2 NEEDS to come out on the PC. I really want this game. The GDS walkthrough looks awesome! Fable TLC was my favourite RPG. I have such fond memories to it. I don't want to buy an X360 though. Please Molyneux, don't forget your roots as a PC developer!Arsuz

soon u may be able to play all 360 games on ur pc.

Cute_Red_Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316 Cute_Red_Panda
Member since 2008 • 1734 Posts
Good show MS. Microsoft is never the company to "WOW" people at conferences. Very conservative, but delivered a strong message that they will continue to make great games through the 360 lifespan.
GnR-SLaSh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317 GnR-SLaSh
Member since 2006 • 3021 Posts
Awesome, great keynote.
akif22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#318 akif22
Member since 2003 • 16012 Posts

good stuff

only thing missing was some banjo info

sparkypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#319 sparkypants
Member since 2007 • 2609 Posts

[QUOTE="Arsuz"]OMG Fable 2 NEEDS to come out on the PC. I really want this game. The GDS walkthrough looks awesome! Fable TLC was my favourite RPG. I have such fond memories to it. I don't want to buy an X360 though. Please Molyneux, don't forget your roots as a PC developer!the1stfandb

soon u may be able to play all 360 games on ur pc.

yeah just wait a year :lol:

Avatar image for ReverseCycology
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320 ReverseCycology
Member since 2006 • 9717 Posts

And this is just the tip of a huge ice berg that will sink the competiters titanic. We still got E3 to go and so on. And I like how Microsoft announces the exact month of each games release, not like Sony, they only say things like Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4, etc.

sexy_chimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321 sexy_chimp
Member since 2007 • 6457 Posts
I wasn't very excited for NG2 before, but damn now I am. CHAINSAW/ROCKET LAUNCHER ZOMBIES PEOPLE!
-Patriots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#322 -Patriots
Member since 2007 • 279 Posts
[QUOTE="Pro_wrestler"]

What is behind the curtain? Did they already show it?

musicalmac

No. We're all waiting. Some think it may be an SKU. Heres to hoping.

If you look closely it looks like a brand new 360 box at least to me so it might be a new SKU.

-Karmum-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323 -Karmum-

And this is just the tip of a huge ice berg that will sink the competiters titanic. We still got E3 to go and so on. And I like how Microsoft announces the exact month of each games release, not like Sony, they only say things like Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4, etc.

ReverseCycology

Well, it might not make the projected release date, that is why. :?

It doesn't mean NG2 will exactly be released in June or Gears 2 in November (I hope Gears 2 is in Novemeber, though). Tecmo/Team Ninja has delayed games in the past...

sparkypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#324 sparkypants
Member since 2007 • 2609 Posts

ReverseCycology

Theres a reason they do that, they dont want to give an exact date and not fulfill it...remember SSBB and Grad Theft Auto(yeah they should have been out by now). Estimation-keeps your hopes up and dosnt break promises.

HappyAppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#325 HappyAppe
Member since 2003 • 1543 Posts
[QUOTE="musicalmac"][QUOTE="Pro_wrestler"]

-Patriots

If you look closely it looks like a brand new 360 box at least to me so it might be a new SKU.

They already showed it. It was the new XNA Community stuff where people get to makes fairly basic games, and we get to play them for freeeee.

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#326 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

Man, the Ninja Gaiden II 'Temple of Sacrifice' trailer=:shock: I especially dug the demons statement at the end:

"You ungrateful monkeys, when infernal high priest, Dhagradie (sp?) restores the archfiend to power, you will learn your true place on this Earth. On behalf of his lordship, Dhagradie, I offer you this ultimatum....submit or die." :twisted: LOL....just good stuff all around.

On top of the killer gameplay we all come to expect, the story, music and voice acting all look to be vastly improved based on this trailer. And those points were the only major drawbacks of the first one. With those aspects brought up to par, this game will be complete.

HappyAppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#327 HappyAppe
Member since 2003 • 1543 Posts

Man, the Ninja Gaiden II 'Temple of Sacrifice' trailer=:shock: I especially dug the demons statement at the end:

"You ungrateful monkeys, when infernal high priest, Dhagradie (sp?) restores the archfiend to power, you will learn your true place on this Earth. On behalf of his lordship, Dhagradie, I offer you this ultimatum....submit or die." :twisted: LOL....just good stuff all around.

On top of the killer gameplay we all come to expect, the story, music and voice acting all look to be vastly improved based on this trailer. And those points were the only major drawbacks of the first one. With those aspects brought up to par, this game will be complete.

ironcreed

I agree. So far Ninja Gaiden, to me at least, looked fair good but mostly more of the same. However, after seeing that gameplay, I am absolutely pumped. That game is going to kick so much effin A.

-Patriots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#328 -Patriots
Member since 2007 • 279 Posts
[QUOTE="-Patriots"][QUOTE="musicalmac"][QUOTE="Pro_wrestler"]

HappyAppe

They already showed it. It was the new XNA Community stuff where people get to makes fairly basic games, and we get to play them for freeeee.

really i must have miss them pulling the curtains so what do you guys think about the XNA demos? (for those who don't know to play after you download the launcher you go to my games XNA club and press y)

Adrian_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329 Adrian_Cloud
Member since 2006 • 7169 Posts
Its like they didn't even try, just listen to all the fanboys requests and talked about useless facts. Ninja Gaiden 2 looks spectacular, definately the highlight of the presentation. Gears 2 should be another solid 360 exclusives, no big surprises. Over-all it was decent.
sonicmj1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#330 sonicmj1
Member since 2003 • 9130 Posts

When I got excited about XNA after first hearing about it, this was exactly the reason why. Now that it's finally coming to fruition, I'm really excited.

It's not easy to get a game made on consoles. Distribution notwithstanding, just getting your hands on a development kit is an expensive and difficult process. Console games are closed off to those who aren't connected with large publishers or who don't have a ton of cash lying around. As a result, the only market for indie games has been on the PC.

XNA changes that. Now, there's an easy way for anyone to make a game and make it available for console users, using a free, (relatively) easy to use development tool. It cuts out publishers, and even the console manufacturer, and allows for a ton of creative freedom for anyone.

Not only is this a great way for promising developers to get into the industry, it's a great way for innovative concepts and prototypes that would never see the light of day otherwise to get made and get exposure, tied to a rock-solid distribution infrastructure run by Microsoft. See what your money gets you?

It's a big deal, and even LittleBigPlanet has nothing on it, as cool as it will be.

DrinkDuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331 DrinkDuff
Member since 2004 • 6762 Posts
[QUOTE="Uptown"]

I really dont understand whats so exciting about this conference......someone enlighten me really.....the XNA stuff isnt really important to te console war itself....Ninja Gaiden 2 was already expected this spring.....gears of war 2 was already hinted at.....

Wheres the Epic buyout? Killer Instinct 3? Banjo-Threeie? ......seriously.

subrosian

GeoW 2 is Xbox 360 exclusive. Why would you need a buyout, when you're getting their *best game* only on your system?

XNA is the most important thing to happen to the 360 in a long time. I thought MS was going to overly get focused on mobile phone integration. But they didn't - they did it right - and now it's a huge focus for the 360. Think of all those creative games like Portal, Little Big Planet, et cetera - now good "Fez HD Demo GDC" and *just watch*.

That's basically Super Paper Mario *on speed* FOR FREE - FOR YOU - ON 360 / PC.

-

Plus, now PC guys who do indie dev work can make PC games go onto the 360 *at the same time*. The integration is that tight - I can say "i'm making an indie game for PC and consoles, without having to pay MS thousands of dollars". College students and their friends could be making the next counter-strike CROSS-PLATFORM (360 & PC) FOR FREE and 360 gamers are going to be at the forefront.

XNA is serious business.

-

Frack the war for a second, we're getting great content *free*. You'd pay $50 for SPM, why not try "Fez HD" for free? Or any of the other games. I mean -hello $0. They can give you a 10,000% refund if you don't like it :P

I think its funny how sony fanboys say that XNA isn'ta big deal yet they continue to hype Home, when all it is, is a glorified social interaction service with pretty polygons instead of messenger windows.