MS CEO assures commitment to Xbox.

• 77 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

@speedfog said:

So much cows here not even being positive for once.

Is this even English?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@speedfog said:

So much cows here not even being positive for once. Sad people.

Atleast MS listens to their fanbase.

LOL, okay.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@shawn30: Whatever helps you sleep better at night. Fact of the matter is that PS4 is dominating worldwide with better sales, more games, and better looking and running multiplats while Xbone continues to become more irrelevant by the day. Price parity isn't gonna do shit for them except for a small boost in June and they'll fall again in July lol. I remember when lems like you used to say that price parity will ensure Xbone domination in US. Why the sudden change of heart lol?

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

@shawn30: Whatever helps you sleep better at night. Fact of the matter is that PS4 is dominating worldwide with better sales, more games, and better looking and running multiplats while Xbone continues to become more irrelevant by the day. Price parity isn't gonna do shit for them except for a small boost in June and they'll fall again in July lol. I remember when lems like you used to say that price parity will ensure Xbone domination in US. Why the sudden change of heart lol?

Mostly due to the fact that the 80+ million 360 and ps3 owners translate so far to 9 million PS4 and 5 million One, while this isn't even one year into the console wars and nothing is decided year one. That about covers it.

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55 Alcapello
Member since 2014 • 1396 Posts

@shawn30 said:

@I_can_haz said:

Mostly due to the fact that the 80+ million 360 and ps3 owners translate so far to 9 million PS4 and 5 million One, while this isn't even one year into the console wars and nothing is decided year one. That about covers it.

We go over this time and time again.

Ok Look:

The trending rate of sales hasn't change for years, no matter how you would like to spin it.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

They had to send out an email to their employee stating that they are still committed to the Xbox brand? Oh god

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@shawn30 said:

@I_can_haz said:

Eh, the gap is growing FACT.

Meaning everything you just typed is irrelevant.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#58 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

I'm just happy I finally have Voice commands in my country haha.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

so xbox is being sold off haha i knew it

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#60 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@Heil68 said:

Did he mention how they had to shit can their whole vision of xbone to compete with SONY and the juggernaut PS4? :D

@LJS9502_basic said:

@blackace said:

The system is still getting up to speed as to where it originally wanted to be when it launched. It's still not quite there yet. System was suppose to launch on Sept 2014, but instead launched way too early with lots of tools and functions not in place. Now M$ is slowly updating the system to where it's suppose to be. It should be amazing by this time next year.

LOL MS backpedaled quite a bit to the initial idea of what the console would originally be.....

Why wouldn't you? Did you see the response they got for that drek? Did people want to complain and tell MS its a bad idea and expect them to keep going forward with it? Didn't Sony say rumble was "last gen" when talking about sixaxis? They went and put rumble back into the controller though. It only made sense.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12062 Posts

@shawn30: I trust MS about as much as I trust Sony now. Abandoning Kinect has made me distrust them so this latest announcement is lulz for me.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#62  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@shawn30 said:

@I_can_haz said:

I'm sorry to say this but the ps4 has most likely not sold 9 million yet. Monthly sales around the world have slowed from approximately 1 million to maybe around 400k-500k. It's most likely around 8.5 million now.

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

@Heil68 said:

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@Heil68 said:

Did he mention how they had to shit can their whole vision of xbone to compete with SONY and the juggernaut PS4? :D

No, he did not. :P

bu bu bu all those features11!!!!

Meanwhile Cows are still waiting for the Features and Games Sony promised them would come at launch last year.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

@blackace said:

@alcapello said:

@blackace said:

The system is still getting up to speed as to where it originally wanted to be when it launched. It's still not quite there yet. System was suppose to launch on Sept 2014, but instead launched way too early with lots of tools and functions not in place. Now M$ is slowly updating the system to where it's suppose to be. It should be amazing by this time next year.

Sound like a failure.

The PS4 was suppose to launch in April 2014 as well. That must sound like a failure too. lol!!

Both system launched before they were support to. Both systems need multiple patches within the first week of launch.

The PS4 launch was fine, sony hasn't had to update the system once every other month to get the system up to speed....

LMFAO....Really dude? That line had me almost spit coffee through my nose!!! Sony getting software up to speed? A snail can move faster than their software team. Watching paint dry is more beneficial, and way faster! Sony+ Speed when it comes to software... /please stop I'm dying.

The PS4 is bare bones compared to the XB1...and you know this if you have both systems. I know you have both systems, so don't BS me :P

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts
@Heil68 said:

Sounds like what Sony had to do Last gen.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

@TwistedShade said:

@Heil68 said:

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@Heil68 said:

Meanwhile Cows are still waiting for the Features and Games Sony promised them would come at launch last year.

Tell me you can play a CD on the PS4?

D4RKL1NG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 D4RKL1NG
Member since 2012 • 290 Posts

@xhawk27 said:

@TwistedShade said:

@Heil68 said:

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@Heil68 said:

Tell me you can play a CD on the PS4?

What's a "CD" ?

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#69 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@Chutebox said:

@blackace said:

@Chutebox said:

@shawn30 said:

@I_can_haz said:

@Heil68 said:

This.

I can't wait for the inevitable disappointing NPD figures for Xbone next week. The fact he's reassuring customers can only mean some new terrible Xbone news is on the way.

Lol, really? Reaching price parity doesnt mean the entire landscape changes in one month. I expect a much better sales sheet than May, but it is very likely they lost again to Sony. But reaching price parity going forward will mean more sales for the One. Especially as the games people are waiting for are released. One month won't change the world. A year from now at price parity, that will say alot. But this is system wars, so back to the fanboying!!

:)

Point is when a console lowers its price, they see a sales boost. The boost never holds. So if X1 can't beat PS4 in that month in its biggest territory, it spells big trouble.

I don't know about that. The PS3 had several price cuts within it's first year as well and still was getting smoked by the XBox 360 in every territory. It was even being outsold in Japan at the time. We all know that games is what moves game consoles. I'm sure the price cut game the XB1 a nice boost though, but there are still millions of gamers that are very happy with their XBox 360 right now. Most probably won't jump ship until Halo 5 & Gears are ready to be released. Same thing that happened with MGS IV on the PS3.

True, but PS3 always had more support than 360 outside of US, unless I'm mistaken.

apart from the UK yes.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#70 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

so xbox is being sold off haha i knew it

So another clueless idiotic troll makes a dumb comment with no relevance to the actual topic. lol!! No surprises here.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#71 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@b4x said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@blackace said:

@alcapello said:

@blackace said:

Sound like a failure.

The PS4 was suppose to launch in April 2014 as well. That must sound like a failure too. lol!!

Both system launched before they were support to. Both systems need multiple patches within the first week of launch.

The PS4 launch was fine, sony hasn't had to update the system once every other month to get the system up to speed....

LMFAO....Really dude? That line had me almost spit coffee through my nose!!! Sony getting software up to speed? A snail can move faster than their software team. Watching paint dry is more beneficial, and way faster! Sony+ Speed when it comes to software... /please stop I'm dying.

The PS4 is bare bones compared to the XB1...and you know this if you have both systems. I know you have both systems, so don't BS me :P

TI'm not BSing you.

Sony set out to release a gaming console and that's exactly what they did. I'm sorry but there wasn't this huge focus on making it this universal machine.

Sony Edge's out the one hardware wise by a bit, Install times, Resolution, performance and so on.

What does microsoft have? That's right, the xbox one is a giant universal remote. A cool one at that.
But as a gamer I hardly use any of the features on my one. Voice commands are cool, but Sony didn't release there system half assed.
And anything that has been released have been stability improvements?

Now did sony not put some things in they said were going to put into the system? Yeah it kinda sucks. But as a gaming machine it was where it needed to be when it launched.

Microsoft was 10 feet behind the starting line.,

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By shawn30

@alcapello said:

@shawn30 said:

@I_can_haz said:

Ok Look:

The trending rate of sales hasn't change for years, no matter how you would like to spin it.

You cannot accurately predict the future, and that never changes for any of us. 1 year into a product launch, especially one that's been fairly successful like Xbox One and only looks bad in comparison to the amazing sales of PS4, is hardly enough time to call a gen winner or say a product will simply fail long-term. Hey, if you love PS4 and need to ensure everyone agrees it will sell the best for years to come, have at it. But most any rational adult will tell you how things look today isn't always a reflection of how they will look tomorrow. I just don;t think we will know exactly how the Xbox One will fare in its first year. Yes, we can look to trends, but things can change on a dime. I don't guarantee anything I say as I'm no psychic, but I'm old enough and smart enough, and have followed enough console launches to know nothing is decided in the first year.

Maybe its just best we agree to disagree, lol.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

@Zethrickk382 said:

Honestly after seeing their future for gaming. I don't really care if they stick around or not. Drop Xbox and go back to Pc.

If the brand hemorrhages enough cash this gen, I don't foresee another for Microsoft. Without dominating multiplatform games sales and less XBLG subs, selling the hardware for so much less so early, dropping kinetic support which will effect already in development titles for the peripheral.

Future looks bleaker by the day.

Haha stop with the ignorant doom and gloom hypothesis. Gaming is a billion dollar industry and despite any mistakes that MS have made thus far, in terms of market share and brand awareness Xbox continues to grow. Competing with household names like Nintendo and Playstation is never going to be a walk in the park. Ms dont need to dominate multiplats to win this generation, they need to fulfil their vision of creating and all in one entertainment centre with a consistent stream of first party titles with "must play value". This multiplat 1080p nonsense will not be the make or break factor deciding this generation.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

lmao Shawn still clinging to the thin strand of hope that one day Xbone sales will start skyrocketing as 360 owners are attracted to the irresistible Vine app and cheap Lococycle.

Look at Ubisoft's game sales numbers for the most recent quarter of the year. The shift has happened.

Zethrickk382

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Zethrickk382
Member since 2013 • 480 Posts

@always_explicit:

Sure thing man, who wants a profitable business anyway right? Investors will continue to be thrilled with the brands decline.

Your completely correct...

Microsoft doesn't need Xbox.

Investors opposition will only increase if things continue as they are.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 shawn30

@kuu2 said:

@shawn30: I trust MS about as much as I trust Sony now. Abandoning Kinect has made me distrust them so this latest announcement is lulz for me.

So long as they keep enhancing apps with Kinect and improving voice commands I'm fine with them selling a Xbox One without it and optimizing the OS for that. A number of people just don't like/have any interest in Kinect and that's cool. I do, so as long as its supported in the ways I use it (OS navigation, Xbox Fitness, Netflix, NFL Football) I'm perfectly fine:)

And like you, I trust Sony and MS the same as I trust any multi-billion dollar company. Maybe Sony a little less :)

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@shawn30 said:

@alcapello said:

@shawn30 said:

@I_can_haz said:

Ok Look:

You cannot accurately predict the future, and that never changes for any of us. 1 year into a product launch, especially one that's been fairly successful like Xbox One and only looks bad in comparison to the amazing sales of PS4, is hardly enough time to call a gen winner or say a product will simply fail long-term. Hey, if you love PS4 and need to ensure everyone agrees it will sell the best for years to come, have at it. But most any rational adult will tell you how things look today isn't always a reflection of how they will look tomorrow. I just don;t think we will know exactly how the Xbox One will fare in its first year. Yes, we can look to trends, but things can change on a dime. I don't guarantee anything I say as I'm no psychic, but I'm old enough and smart enough, and have followed enough console launches to know nothing is decided in the first year.

Maybe its just best we agree to disagree, lol.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

@Zethrickk382 said:

@always_explicit:

Sure thing man, who wants a profitable business anyway right? Investors will continue to be thrilled with the brands decline.

Your completely correct...

Microsoft doesn't need Xbox.

Investors opposition will only increase if things continue as they are.

If you can quote the part where I specifically stated that MS doent need a profitable business??? .......
What I said is the increase in brand awareness and market share mean their position in the market is fantastic.

Stop with the vague hypothesis!!! "if things continue how they are".....what do you even mean....and be specific please? You dont have the slightest clue "how things are".

The simple fact is....whatever way you swing it, Xbox has gone from having no investment in the console market to being one of the biggest brands in gaming in a relatively short period of time. The 360 was an amazing success last gen and made Xbox a household name. We are 6 months into a new gen and you want to right the Xbox brand off because of a price cut on an expensive launch console. Gimme a break. MS wants a nice big chunk of that billion dollar industry, they took it with the 360 and they will only aim to increase it with the X1....which as mentioned....is still a baby.

Zethrickk382

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Zethrickk382
Member since 2013 • 480 Posts

@always_explicit: "if things continue how they are".....what do you even mean..."

I've already explained the bold in my original post. They have made so many changes to their original plan. It's unquestionable the brand has been struck a significant blow, even this early in the gen. My original post was pretty simple If they don't make a profit again this Gen "atm its looking like a likely outcome" I wouldn't be surprised if it's the last for them. Nowhere did I clam it was certain or fact. Was based on my observations, on a consistent trend of not so good news.

The Xbox Brand isn't atm where Microsoft wants it, that's evident to anyone. I realize how heavily invested they are into Xbox one also. So you can bet they'll start swinging for the fences spending money trying to snag exclusives. "Hopefully Investing in Studios". but the end result if people don't hop on board could be even more damning at that point.