BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/21718936/xbox-series-x-ps5-performance-game-comparison?__twitter_impression=true

Pretty much what we all know, but good thing that MS is working directly to help patch stuff(Dirt 5, Valhallah). Looks like MS will be busy for the launch window and working with developers. This also alleged from unamed developer the tools were late and info not being clear as to why seeing games not matching/going above PS5 in performance.

Also, good questions on RDNA2, why/when will we see the fruit since the delay was mainly MS waiting for it.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

Doesn’t surprise me, kind of figured this was the case. I would imagine that things will improve for the Series consoles as time goes on and devs come to grips with working with the tools and the hardware.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#3 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Even the verge get suckered by TF numbers, no where near that simple. They probably shouldn't write about stuff to be honest.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

Article must be completely false

The sense of issues being resolved with patches and any talk of late development kits or them needed updating to get the most from the hardware just simply cant be right. The PS5 is better than series X in every way including the secret sauce hardware.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11086 Posts

Ol' Tom "Console" Warren is in his grief stage I see. I remember the days of...

Being that's he's MS's insider guy at The Verge, this has got to sting a little.

Avatar image for the6millionlies
The6millionLies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6 The6millionLies
Member since 2020 • 564 Posts

@tdkmillsy: There are some interesting things regarding RDNA2 on XSX , apparently there is some custom things and not just locked AMD features.

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 me2002
Member since 2002 • 3058 Posts

Sony can just patch games to stay ahead.

adsparky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#8 adsparky
Member since 2006 • 2564 Posts

So, that bullshit Mark Cerny talked about was true all along?

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

This is known by all even if fanboys like to pretend it's not. What we've been seeing from XSX versions is not that the Xbox can't keep up with the PS5 but rather a manifestation of uncooked versions.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

PS5 is the more powerful console. Period. 1 game could be a fluke. Every single game running best on PS5 is a forgone conclusion.

Avatar image for deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
deactivated-60c3d23d2738e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
Member since 2009 • 3934 Posts

PS5 already lost this gen in powa before they even came out. It's not even a discussion now.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

The worry for MS is both systems will get better as the generation goes on and Sony must already have some interesting tech in the console to be pulling ahead this early.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

being aware and doing something about it are two different. I'm aware the games are running worse fix microsoft stop being aware stuff that we all already are of.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

"Ultimately, it’s the games that matter and Microsoft’s launch lineup has relied heavily on third-party games that aren’t backing up its performance claims."

This, to me, is the biggest problem that MS has right now. When you have an exclusive with no direct reference point this is one thing - but when almost all your eggs are in the 3rd party support basket PS5 has - oddly - clawed a bunch of holes in their marketing so far.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20104 Posts

@Random_Matt said:

Even the verge get suckered by TF numbers, no where near that simple. They probably shouldn't write about stuff to be honest.

Have you seen their PC building tutorial? Should have ended there.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7270 Posts

Guys, this is the launch. So far, yeah, Sony is looking better with cross platform stuff, but we can't know for sure that won't change. Next years releases will be more telling, and I for one won't be calling this fight until we can compare Ragnorok to Senua's Oddesey.

But then again, Switch is my primary console, so graphics aren't that important to me. I'm just here to watch the dogpile:)

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

@xantufrog: Yes, I agree. They touted this all powerful console and it's got to sting a bit seeing it hit under the belt. Along with not having much 1st party at launch(which I'm assuming would be taking advantage of all this RDNA2 stuff to showcase). So far the marketing isnt matching up to what we're seeing currently on the XSX.

Just reading on fan hypothesis a interesting take on how each system was built and why(this goes over my head)

https://twitter.com/NextGen_Gamer/status/1331623951789924352?s=19

lost_in_space_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 lost_in_space_
Member since 2020 • 83 Posts

Something tells me that two years down the line we're still going to be hearing from Microsoft "just wait, games will look and perform better, we're still working out the kinks with developers". What a sham of a console.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#19 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:
@Random_Matt said:

Nope, I'll assume it is garbage. Also have Tom Warren spout buzzwords and numbers does not help, he is part of the problem, I'll give him benefit of the doubt that he knows exactly that it is not that simple. No device actually reaches the TF number implies, hence the theoretical performance notion.

We all complain about toxicity in the community, even Phil talked about it recently and absolutely hates it, yet he has people such as this individual fuelling it, bit of a joke to be honest.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

MS relied on 3rd party to show off the new system that was the biggest error.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#21 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69466 Posts

@lost_in_space_ said:

Something tells me that two years down the line we're still going to be hearing from Microsoft "just wait, games will look and perform better, we're still working out the kinks with developers". What a sham of a console.

If you believe that, then you are not reflecting sufficient knowledge on the topic.

lost_in_space_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lost_in_space_

@Pedro said:
@lost_in_space_ said:

If you believe that, then you are not reflecting sufficient knowledge on the topic.

Eh, guess we'll see

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

Are they aware of having no games, tho?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Pedro

@hardwenzen said:

No! I am guessing because that sentiment is actually false.

com2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 com2006
Member since 2006 • 900 Posts

It is clear that the series X is only getting up scaled versions of the S version, to lower production time between the two for these early games. They may get patched soon, and after these initial games the series X will get proper optimised titles.

lost_in_space_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lost_in_space_

@hardwenzen said:

They got multiplatform games. That's games, right?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Pedro

@com2006 said:

It is clear that the series X is only getting up scaled versions of the S version, to lower production time between the two for these early games. They may get patched soon, and after these initial games the series X will get proper optimised titles.

This statement is factually false.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

If it does come down to late dev kits then I am glad CDPR tool an extra few months to polish CP2077.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Pedro

@lamprey263 said:

If it does come down to late dev kits then I am glad CDPR tool an extra few months to polish CP2077.

I don't think its related to the devkits.

lost_in_space_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By lost_in_space_

@Pedro said:
@lamprey263 said:

I don't think its related to the devkits.

If it's not the dev kits, then what is it?

com2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 com2006

@Pedro: it is the most powerful console, so I’m not sure what you are suggesting, there are games on X that aren’t even using the same textures as PS5... like they had just come from the series S version of the game.

The truth is, I will most likely be buying a ps5 when I can, but the X will see a massive improvement when the next games start to come out rather than the rushed launch titles.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Pedro

@com2006 said:

@Pedro: it is the most powerful console, so I’m not sure what you are suggesting, there are games on X that aren’t even using the same textures as PS5... like they had just come from the series S version of the game.

The truth is, I will most likely be buying a ps5 when I can, but the X will see a massive improvement when the next games start to come out rather than the rushed launch titles.

As stated many times before, development for the Series always starts with the Series X because there is ONLY a Series X development kit and Series S is develop for via emulation on the Series X development kit.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#33 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

@Pedro: if it isn't dev kits, you think it might be something else? What's your take. Late dev kits could be a factor, also development during pandemic. I also feel (as this was possibly case with XB1X) that devs were too confident in stronger systems abilities and didn't focus as much in optimizing the game. Also, I worry that since the PS5 is expected to sell better and Sony has larger size of market that the devs focus on perfecting those ports first than they are about Xbox ports.

lost_in_space_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By lost_in_space_

@lamprey263 said:

@Pedro: if it isn't dev kits, you think it might be something else? What's your take. Late dev kits could be a factor, also development during pandemic. I also feel (as this was possibly case with XB1X) that devs were too confident in stronger systems abilities and didn't focus as much in optimizing the game. Also, I worry that since the PS5 is expected to sell better and Sony has larger size of market that the devs focus on perfecting those ports first than they are about Xbox ports.

I asked him that, he didn't answer. I can only assume the PS5 architecture somehow beats out the Series X, but it doesn't show up on paper.

com2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 com2006

@Pedro: they did say so yes they aren’t going to admit the S was the focus for these titles, the kits where late so it doesn’t surprise me to see them cut corners. The X clearly wasn’t first in mind for these games that were already being made for last gen systems.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Pedro

@com2006 said:

@Pedro: they did say so yes they aren’t going to admit the S was the focus for these titles, the kits where late so it doesn’t surprise me to see them cut corners. The X clearly wasn’t first in mind for these games that were already being made for last gen systems.

This is not a debate. The Series S is not the primary development platform. If there was anything late, it was the Series S. The Series X is the first system that was available hardware for development for all developers. The Series S as a development device was missing in action until the earlier parts of mid this year.

com2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 com2006

@Pedro: okay we will just say the X is incapable of rendering high-quality textures so they use the low l-quality ones instead...

lost_in_space_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lost_in_space_

@com2006 said:

@Pedro: okay we will just say the X is incapable of rendering high-quality textures so they use the low l-quality ones instead...

This is what it's starting to look like.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Pedro

@com2006 said:

That would also be false. LOL

I don't know why its using lower res textures.

com2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 com2006

@Pedro: lol well I can only believe it is the textures from the S upscaled. Makes logical sense to me. We will see, anyway I’m getting a PS5 haha

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Pedro

@com2006 said:

@Pedro: lol well I can only believe it is the textures from the S upscaled. Makes logical sense to me. We will see, anyway I’m getting a PS5 haha

You are free to believe anything you want but we can't pretend that these beliefs are facts. 😊

When are you getting the PS5?

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8470 Posts

@xantufrog said:

"Ultimately, it’s the games that matter and Microsoft’s launch lineup has relied heavily on third-party games that aren’t backing up its performance claims."

This, to me, is the biggest problem that MS has right now. When you have an exclusive with no direct reference point this is one thing - but when almost all your eggs are in the 3rd party support basket PS5 has - oddly - clawed a bunch of holes in their marketing so far.

Should have gotten Crytek to develop a title for launch, could have also been a multiplat. It may turn out to be garbage ala Ryse but it will have all the eye candy in the world.

com2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By com2006

@Pedro: when they are available, after Christmas I can wait. It will be the first time I have owned a Sony console as well, just a lot of games interest me, was disappointed with the exclusives on Xbox one.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20104 Posts

@Random_Matt said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@Random_Matt said:

Nope, I'll assume it is garbage. Also have Tom Warren spout buzzwords and numbers does not help, he is part of the problem, I'll give him benefit of the doubt that he knows exactly that it is not that simple. No device actually reaches the TF number implies, hence the theoretical performance notion.

We all complain about toxicity in the community, even Phil talked about it recently and absolutely hates it, yet he has people such as this individual fuelling it, bit of a joke to be honest.

Loading Video...

Enjoy...

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#45 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

I really thought the xsx hardware was the mainstream one and developers would have struggled more with ps5

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

no shit

the serious X shits all over the brickstation..hah

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

Obviously not a tech expert but I’m curious. Can the double motherboard setup cause issues for devs in some way?

I remember a long time ago one of the past generation consoles had memory split into two units and it caused development issues or something of that nature...

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By LouiXIII
Member since 2015 • 10052 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 LouiXIII
Member since 2015 • 10052 Posts
@adsparky said:

So, that bullshit Mark Cerny talked about was true all along?

I don't know. That's what people are saying.

BlackShirt20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 BlackShirt20
Member since 2005 • 2631 Posts

Zero chance play station five matches series X performance from here out.