• 143 results
Avatar image for kangarbloodyroo
kangarbloodyroo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Poll Most Overrated games/series of all time (62 votes)

Halo 60%
Gears of War 45%
Forza 24%
Recore 21%
Quantum Break 21%
Ryse 21%
Sunset Overdrive 16%

Howdy,

What are the most overrated games/series of all time? I have listed mine in the poll options. Happy hunting

• 
HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

@ghosts4ever: I agree, GTA games are good, they aren't 10/10 good for the most part.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts
@GarGx1 said:

You had the basis of a decent discussion thread and then you went all fanboy troll.

Really? You think there was a foundation of a decent discussion in the OP? By just singling out exclusives of one platform? What exactly is your standard of "decent"?? ?

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#53 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@AdobeArtist said:
@GarGx1 said:

You had the basis of a decent discussion thread and then you went all fanboy troll.

Really? You think there was a foundation of a decent discussion in the OP? By just singling out exclusives of one platform? What exactly is your standard of "decent"?? ?

The premise, not the content.

A discussion about over rated games and I.P.'s could bring some interesting results. Making it a troll thread to put down Xbox games not so much.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56108 Posts

@lrdfancypants said:

Anything “you” people like.

I like Anime girls!

I guess there overrated huh?

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10614 Posts

Could the choices be anymore biased?

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

@GarGx1 said:
@AdobeArtist said:
@GarGx1 said:

The premise, not the content.

A discussion about over rated games and I.P.'s could bring some interesting results. Making it a troll thread to put down Xbox games not so much.

Pretty much.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, a certain fanbases in these threads really like to stir shit up for no reason, especially if a reasonable discussion can come out of it.

Add this to the plethora of threads posted in the past month.

lrdfancypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By lrdfancypants
Member since 2014 • 3850 Posts

@davillain-: overrated!! :p

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#59 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

Dragon Age games

Skyrim

Resident evil 4/5/6 ( to me RE4 is the most overated game of all time )

Diablo 3

Many of the COD and Assassin Creed games

Killzone games

Well there are so many games and series i consider overated it will take a while to mention all, stoping here.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

@AzatiS: Just out of curiosity, what are your thoughts on the other Bioware RPGs like Mass Effect?

I haven't played much of Dragon Age games, personally. Only a little bit of Inquisition.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#61  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Anything that I don't rate high. That's really all this comes down to.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#62  Edited By with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

Uncharted. These games just have really mediocre, shallow mechanics. pretty to look with some fun dialogue at but super overrated as games.

For individual games, Skyrim and MGS V come to mind. MGS V was so fucking dull it blows my mind how high the review scores were. You could complete missions in a million different ways, all equally boring.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

lol @ the games in the poll.

All time games, probably OoT and FFVII. Loved both games when they came out, even considered them to be some of the best games I ever played back at the time. But no game could possibly live up to the praise those games have gotten over the years. Aside from that, they're really just not all that great. Not even as good as some games that came before and after in their respective series.

All time series, Uncharted. Self explanatory.

In recent years, The Witcher 3 and Undertale. Though of course Undertale was quickly forgotten as expected.

And yes, I get that something being overrated or underrated is entirely subjective.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

Shitty troll attempt is shitty.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@nepu7supastar7 said:

@ghosts4ever:

Right. Basically, you hate everything that's famous with a large fan base.

the series i hate happen to be popular. its not my fault.

You're also an idiot and no one cares what you think, sniper. So there's that, too.

Tigerbalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Tigerbalm
Member since 2017 • 1118 Posts

All of the above?

Avatar image for snapcracklenpop
snapcrackleNpop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 snapcrackleNpop
Member since 2015 • 274 Posts

that be Infamous and Killzone by far

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

First off nice subtle trolling, nobody saw what you were doing.

Second threads like this always turn into "Let me pick some super popular game so I get attention/seem to be smarter then everybody else", it's beyond annoying and pointless.

dantesergei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#69 dantesergei
Member since 2004 • 2254 Posts

Assassin's Creed ? Although i liked 1 and 2, can't say the same for the rest.

napo_sp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 napo_sp
Member since 2006 • 649 Posts

Pong, tetris, pac man, asteroids, pinball, mario bros

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

Man you cows are becoming pathetic.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@ConanTheStoner: I completely forgot I had Undertale on Steam. I've never played it.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

lems dont fall for this bullshit

FantasyGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By FantasyGamer
Member since 2015 • 517 Posts

@ArchoNils2 said:

Why do you only list xBox games? oO

Because he think there's no such thing as overrated on ps4 only on Xbox, obvious troll..

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@jumpaction said:

@ConanTheStoner: I completely forgot I had Undertale on Steam. I've never played it.

It's a cool little game. Tons of charm, fun characters, cool music, some nice twists. It can be pretty funny at times too.

I can see why it struck a chord with people, but as a game it runs out of steam very quickly. Just a few gimmicks that don't have much staying power.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:
@jumpaction said:

It's a cool little game. Tons of charm, fun characters, cool music, some nice twists. It can be pretty funny at times too.

I can see why it struck a chord with people, but as a game it runs out of steam very quickly. Just a few gimmicks that don't have much staying power.

Have you tried World of Final Fantasy? Another cool little game with tons of charm, fun chars, cool music. You should try it out Boner. Started playing it today, immensely enjoying it ")

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@ConanTheStoner: I say I will get around to playing it, but I probably never will. Not with my ever growing backlog. :(

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

Final Fantasy.

torenojohn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#79  Edited By torenojohn7
Member since 2012 • 551 Posts

@jumpaction: Public consensus doesn't matter. The greek guy who said earth was round was correct regardless of being the only guy to come to such conclusion. The fact is that LoZ is nothing but a watered down simplified Dragon Slayer(one of the first ARPG's ever) and any dungeon crawling game in the same vein as dragon slayer is an RPG in my book(a Japanese ARPG anyway, i don't really like WRPGs).

@uninspiredcup: There was no such thing as a survival horror before RE came along, there's nothing unique about AITD or RE they're just adventure horror games, the only reason why people think they are unique is because of the dearth of 3d adventure games. Put some zombies in Syberia 3, trim all the dialogue and you'd have a survival horror game. RE4 is just an action horror game like Castlevania or Dead space.

REmake/Clock tower = Adventure horror
RE4/Dead space = Action horror/TPS

I put clock tower there to show you that there are a lot survival horror games without combat, there's a reason why old RE fans harp about the lack of puzzles&exploration because focusing on combat only ends up with a game like RE4 which isn't a survival horror game(depending on the people i'm talking to at least). So all in all i would say "survival horror" is more of a made up buzzword than a real subgenre.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#81  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58965 Posts

@torenojohn7 said:

@uninspiredcup: There was no such thing as a survival horror before RE came along, there's nothing unique about AITD or RE they're just adventure horror games, the only reason why people think they are unique is because of the dearth of 3d adventure games. Put some zombies in Syberia 3, trim all the dialogue and you'd have a survival horror game. RE4 is just an action horror game like Castlevania or Dead space.

REmake/Clock tower = Adventure horror

RE4/Dead space = Action horror/TPS

I put clock tower there to show you that there are a lot survival horror games without combat, there's a reason why old RE fans harp about the lack of puzzles&exploration because focusing on combat only ends up with a game like RE4 which isn't a survival horror game(depending on the people i'm talking to at least). So all in all i would say "survival horror" is more of a made up buzzword than a real subgenre.

I don't understand why you are trying to talk about a game you haven't played and haven't a single clue about.

RE popularized it and coined the term, but Alone In The Dark pretty much invented it. Just because you learned about the terminology from Resident Evil doesn't somehow deny Alone In The Dark being what it is.

Jesus Christ.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@torenojohn7: Well if you want to classify games that way, that's for you to do. Personally I don't define games via their relations but what their gameplay encompasses. If a game like The Legend of Zelda has no roleplaying either in its exploration and interaction with the game world or in its combat, then it is not a roleplaying game.

I don't associate games like roleplaying games based on what they are similar to; if that were the case, a game like Saints Row could easily be considered an ARPG too.

To me roleplaying games must have roleplaying in some form. Zelda has none, therefore it is not a roleplaying game. Consensus or no, action-adventure is the most apt. description those have found to describe the game, and therefore is the most useful definition of the genre people have for the series; it's the definition the designers of the game themselves adhere to.

Your definition neither includes the necessity of roleplaying nor the most useful genre the consensus has come to, nor what the designers of the game agrees with. Your description seems to revolve around mechanics typically found in roleplaying games (but not even mechanics used to define what a roleplaying game is). It's just not very useful, personally. Your definition would nearly include games like Super Mario Odyssey, Saints Row and The Legend of Zelda all under ARPG for having such similarities as side quests, open level design, and collectible loot. :/

Games are not defined by the titles they are inspired by or the games they have inspired; games are defined by their core mechanics, gameplay loop and sometimes their core challenges. As The Legend of Zelda as a series has no roleplaying systems or space for roleplaying, they have to be left out of the genre, otherwise roleplaying games are too loosely defined. They could be any game regardless of whether it has roleplaying or not. The whole term comes from games like D&D and other table-top titles. Video games borrow heavily from this idea of having classes, roles and even dice roles to determine outcomes in combat.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ActionAdventure

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Action-adventure_game

http://videogamehistory.wikia.com/wiki/Action-adventure_game

The Legend of Zelda is an action-adventure series with no mechanics that give the space to roleplay. It just isn't an action roleplaying series. :/

torenojohn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#83 torenojohn7
Member since 2012 • 551 Posts

@jumpaction:

"games are defined by their core mechanics"
That's a very good point! that's exactly why i call LoZ an RPG game, LoZ is a dungeon crawler where you explore a big map while doing quests and solving some puzzles. A LOT of Japanese ARPG's are exactly like that so idc about how some people say LoZ is not an RPG, they're the same damn thing gameplay wise anyway. Also, my definition would clearly not include any of the games you listed because they're not dungeon crawlers.

And what do you mean by "Roleplay" exactly? i play as chrono in chrono trigger, i play as cloud in FF7 and i play as Red in Pokemon, i don't see how its different from playing as link in LoZ. You can say that you are simply referring to Western RPGs with its menagerie of choices&variables but the JRPGs are simply nothing like them.

@uninspiredcup: Its like you ignored everything i said, AITD&RE games are just adventure horror games, you're the one who needs to play more adventure games before coming to conclusions. AITD didn't invent anything, Sweet Home on the NES predates it and RE was supposed to be its remake. I honestly, don't care about labels like "Survival horror" if it doesn't even have a defining characteristic.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@torenojohn7: Except all those things do not make a game a roleplaying game. Again, by that estimation, Saints Row is an RPG.

No, the point you are missing is that Zelda has no roleplaying mechanics. All those other elements; quests, exploration and puzzle solving are also common attributes of action-adventure games.

In fact,

The problem is you're using the weakest form of roleplaying games (Japanese roleplaying games) to define the genre. Japanese roleplaying games typically have weaker roleplaying mechanics than titles like Ultima or Divinity which were inspired by the games that gave rise to the genre such as live action roleplaying and table-top roleplaying games. However, JRPGs still maintain roleplaying within the combat space. When in combat, it's common for JRPG characters to split roles among a part of characters such as a tank, mage, fighter, rogue or sword-master to name a few examples. Each needs to be played in a particular way to succeed. They also share other similarities with combat from classics roleplaying games like D&D such as stat sheets, dice rolling combat (though all the math is done behind the scenes in JRPGs) and level progression.

In the Legend of Zelda, Link is an all encompassing character who's tools revolve around puzzle solving and combat. Each is mandatory. There is no role except just being Link and solving the game with the tools Link has.

Dungeon crawling, quests and puzzles are similarities between Zelda and RPGs but these elements do not define a roleplaying game and a roleplaying game can exist without having dungeons or puzzles. Mass Effect, for example has no puzzles at all. Deus Ex is an example of a roleplaying series without any dungeons.

I understand that defining genres in games can be quite confusing but reading up a bit about the history and inception of roleplaying games might help you to understand the relationship they have with video games, and how The Legend of Zelda - with absolutely no roleplaying mechanics, cannot be a roleplaying game. It's not that I don't respect different perspectives on the matter, and it's obvious you've put thought into this but you are wrong. :(

Unless you intend to tell game designers, and the designer of The Legend of Zelda how they should be suitably defining their game, you are misunderstanding the origins and terminology behind roleplaying games. (Again, likely because JRPGs are pretty shallow roleplaying games).

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By uninspiredcup

@torenojohn7 said:

.@uninspiredcup: Its like you ignored everything i said, AITD&RE games are just adventure horror games

vvv

old Resident evil games are way more like the traditional "adventure" games than LoZ and its still considered belonging a distinct genre of its own despite being a bootleg Alone in the Dark, which was just a 3d adventure game.

@torenojohn7 said:

you're the one who needs to play more adventure games before coming to conclusions. AITD didn't invent anything, Sweet Home on the NES predates it and RE was supposed to be its remake. I honestly, don't care about labels like "Survival horror" if it doesn't even have a defining characteristic.

From your complete lack of understand of the game, it's mechanics, or it's sequels, or indeed adventure games at the time, flip-flopping with definitions on a whim, it's pretty clear you have no idea what your talking about, all the while trying to fling out whatever mental gymnastics possible avoid the fact that JumpAction is correct.

You know how we use to be apes but aren't called apes? Or how birds came from dinosaurs but aren't called dinosaurs? Or how we no longer fling shit at each other and climb trees?

It's called evolution.

Resident Evil was credited via popularizing it through sheer success, but Alone In The Dark was 100% of an evolution of adventure games into something different, to imply it was interchangeable to other adventure games at the time 3D or otherwise is absolute fucking nonsense.

Even with in the spectrum of it's own 1992-1993 IP is was evolving, from survival horror to action.

It wouldn't be so bad if some humility was involved, but you literally have no clue, while parading around like you're under the impression of being an authority.

Frankly, it's embarrassing. You should apologize.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

GTA by far. these games are boring to mediocre games and always have bad shooting, bad driving, terrible story and characters and always get 10/10 like best thing ever is beyond me.

I cant see any other series is as overrated as GTA.

other than

Tomb Raider

Mass effect

The witcher

Halo

Gears

uncharted

Assasssins creed

etc

You listed my top 8 favourite games, they are the greatest games ever made FACT

The most overrated games are obvious to anyone

Dues Ex

Doom 2016

Prey

System Shock 2

Hitman

Half Life 2

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#87  Edited By oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

? who’s shit alt is this? All Xbox games and more than half of them aren’t franchises.

Anyway I think some of the most overrated franchises are:

Witcher. I feel like its a generic fantasy trope world and I hate the gameplay mechanics in it. I feel a lot of gamers gush over it because it has a bunch of nudity. I really tried hard to like it but the clunky mechanics kill it for me.

Mass Effect. It has the the same issues as the Witcher. Its like Tinder the video game. I get why people like it but I lost all interest in the series once I started driving that dune buggy in the first one. Bleh.

Uncharted series. I think Uncharted 2 is a great game but the rest of the series feels pretty mediocre.

Killzone franchise. Mostly graphics hype game was always kinda overall boring.

All the Fables beyond the first.

Shenmue. I feel like this game has a heavy rose-colored bias based on many gamers having it as their first 'real game' experience in their youth. Sure it was innovative for being the first game of its type, but it gets mountains of praise and ugh its boring and weirdly Japanese.

Game I know a lot of people will auto list but I disagree on: GTA series. I personally don't play it but I see why people like it and Rockstar has to get a lot of credit for tapping that market the way they did. GTA has a huge player base because of the online part of the game. Its like the ghetto ratchet WoW. Its more of a social experience for most of the players.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 cainetao11

@davillain-: I like Anime girls!

I guess there overrated huh?"

Well they damn sure dont measure up to real life girls.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 cainetao11

@with_teeth26: For individual games, Skyrim and MGS V come to mind. MGS V was so fucking dull it blows my mind how high the review scores were. You could complete missions in a million different ways, all equally boring"

Why is your mind blown by the possibility of other human beings liking different things than you?

My downstairs neighbor loves gardening. It doesn't blow my mind just because I couldn't care less about gardening.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#90  Edited By oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

@cainetao11: I can see why people like MGSV for its production value, but it hit Game Pass recently and that opening scene where you are crawling around for an eternity made me uninstall the game lol.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56108 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

@davillain-: I like Anime girls!

I guess there overrated huh?"

Well they damn sure dont measure up to real life girls.

You say it as if it was a bad thing.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#92  Edited By with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

@with_teeth26: For individual games, Skyrim and MGS V come to mind. MGS V was so fucking dull it blows my mind how high the review scores were. You could complete missions in a million different ways, all equally boring"

Why is your mind blown by the possibility of other human beings liking different things than you?

My downstairs neighbor loves gardening. It doesn't blow my mind just because I couldn't care less about gardening.

you are right, I shouldn't begrudge others for enjoying something I don't. that doesn't achieve anything. poor word choice on my part.

I just struggled to reconcile the game I played with the perfect scores that it received.

AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#93 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

Uncharted series probably takes the cake.

Killzone 2 - thought it was pretty cool when it came out but find it nearly unplayable now.

I think the older Zelda's probably deserve the praise they get, but probably starting around Wind Waker - I feel the scores probably shouldn't be as high.

GTA4 and 5 definitely don't deserve the praise they've received.

The Halo series deserves praise for its features (co-op, forge, theater etc) but the campaigns have always been pretty dull imo . Multiplayer is fun but also pretty unbalanced if you ask me.

Overrated might not be the right word here but Forza (racing sims in general). Oh there's a turn coming up let me slow to 5mph so I don't lose the race. Boooooooring

Batman Arkham games - they're solid but they've been ranked too high

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#94 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

Zelda breath of wild mario series pokemon call of duty series battlefield series

joe_b1_kenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#95 joe_b1_kenobi
Member since 2007 • 849 Posts

I would say

Uncharted

God of war

Gran turismo

Littlebigplanet

Hot shots golf

Infamous

See what I did there?

Also, you should probably look up the definition of the word “series”. Here’s a clue, recore and sunset can’t be considered one.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By uninspiredcup

Probably throw Resident Evil 4 on the list.

Every (including bosses) encounter can be cheesed with minimal effort, regardless of difficulty.

The standard zombies that make up the majority of the game become a case of head shot + kick + slash with roundhouse kick making the number redundant. It also nullifies whatever resource deprivation is in effect. Making for both a poor action game, and a non existent horror title.

When eventually morphing where kicking becomes a non option, they move at such a snails pace with so few numbers, being killed is a rarity.

Other exploits like looping animations when a ladder is kicked, or kicking works on practically all enemies, removing any threat. Including Ramon Salazars creatures.

Verdugo becomes a simple case of exploiting his spawn point with stick bombs. Regenerator, much like standard enemies, a case of spamming melee attacks. Burning barn? Stand between a pillar and the enemy will loop into an animation over and over.

It's also a perfect example of companion AI done wrong. Providing nothing useful, constantly screeching at the player.

An option to throw her in a bin exists, but when you have to do that in the first place, what is the point?

Compare that to a superior game like Halflife 2 for example, or it's improved upon Episode 1, Alyx Vance consistently provides information while acting as a competent combat companion, neither overpowered nor overly delicate. In the opening of Episode 1 the player becomes almost completely reliant, a subversion from what is typically expected. Brilliant stuff.

Resident Evil 4 also popularized quick time events. Which everyones loves.

The final stretch suffers the same problem as Ocarina Of Time with awkward out of place gimmick sections that don't feel like they belong in the game.

What is this shit?

In Resident Evil 2 when countdown ticks away the player fights a morphed flaming Mr X. Or a Akira evolving William Birkin, it's exciting stuff. A real climax moment in what is actually the best in the series.

Loading Video...

But instead we get to play a shitty wave-race. Great.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#97 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

@nepu7supastar7 said:

@ghosts4ever:

It's not your fault that the game franchises you hate are popular but ya gotta admit; it's a bit suspicious! Like as in, it almost looks like a direct bias to the games popularity and less of the content itself. ?

Chief investigator nepu is on the case!

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#98 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Here's a list of the most overrated game titles of all time.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 cainetao11

@oflow said:

@cainetao11: I can see why people like MGSV for its production value, but it hit Game Pass recently and that opening scene where you are crawling around for an eternity made me uninstall the game lol.

lol to each their own. I preferred that to watching a 35 minute cut scene to end an act followed by a 22 minute mission briefing cut scene like in MGS4

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

Uncharted is good but not amazing.

Elder Scrolls is another one.

And yeah Ryse Son of Rome is easily the most overrated game of the gen with its 60 metascore *eyeroll*