Most of you kids are not harcore

• 92 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts

[QUOTE="meetroid8"]Having played through 4 generations(including this one) I think I should get an automatic Hardcore right.Nuck81

I disagree, I have played most and owned more than my share of every video game system since the Atari 2600 and don't consider myself "hardcore"

This obsession with having to label yourself is ludicrous

hardcore vs. casual - gamer mysticism.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#52 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

Well then it's a good thing I'm not a kid. Playing only kiddy games does not make you more of a gamer than anyone else here. You're just as much of an elitist as the people who say kiddy games are always bad.

You can try to portray yourself as some kind of video game godfather but I can see right through that

dracula_16

que??

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 123625
Member since 2006 • 9035 Posts
Nice points i dont consider myself a hardcore gamer but i enjoy the type of games you talk about.
dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#54 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16053 Posts
[QUOTE="dracula_16"]

Well then it's a good thing I'm not a kid. Playing only kiddy games does not make you more of a gamer than anyone else here. You're just as much of an elitist as the people who say kiddy games are always bad.

You can try to portray yourself as some kind of video game godfather but I can see right through that

Nuck81

que??

Get back to me when you have reading skills.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 deactivated-5e9044657a310

Meh, you people can have your "Hardcore" title. In reality it's just another group of people trying to put down people they consider their inferiors.

Madsucktion

A+

This is exacly what I am getting at.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 deactivated-5e9044657a310
[QUOTE="Nuck81"][QUOTE="dracula_16"]

dracula_16

que??

Get back to me when you have reading skills.

Yes because That's exactly what I said, I only play games you consider "kiddy"

Thanks for playing

lupinelope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 lupinelope
Member since 2007 • 279 Posts
[QUOTE="Nuck81"]

[QUOTE="Bgrngod"]A poster crying foul about how "hardcore" is used to mean violence/sex, but with a wrestler as his avatar. Makes me pause a bit.Bgrngod

by wrestler, you mean henry Rollins right?

Apparently I do yes. How old is that pic? Last time I saw him he looked way older then that.

Henry Rollins is pretty hardcore :P

KingStoph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 KingStoph
Member since 2007 • 218 Posts

im GLAD im not Hardcore, i dont wanna cry like a bellend whenever i get my behind handed to me in an online game. and start screaming about hacks and mods and glitchs and other rubish.

Hardcore Trashtalk is like listening to a new species of retard

Avatar image for z_gaming_master
z_gaming_master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 z_gaming_master
Member since 2004 • 964 Posts

What exactly do you mean when you say MGS4's release would make it less of a reason to buy the console? For me and many others its release would have pushed me to buy a PS3 earlier than I did. Why would a game which is most likely going to gain massive scores from critics and massive sales also, why would it be forgotten on release, and no longer a reason to buy the system?

I propose the main reason Twilight Princess is 'forgotten' about is because it is also on the GC and you do not need a Wii to play it. I don't own a Wii and have played it through twice.

De_Bears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 De_Bears
Member since 2002 • 1593 Posts

Bright colors, simplistic controls, non-adult themes, Saturday morning cartoon plot.......

And I'm not to think that Nintendo is kiddy?

Its simple Wii and DS are targeted for kids and (by blind luck) older adults and women. The 20 - 40 y.o male is more attracted to PS3 or 360. I can't say for sure if Wii is a fad but I know tickle-me-elmo lasted two years.

Avatar image for Video_Game_King
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#62 Video_Game_King
Member since 2003 • 27545 Posts
That is why I love the Wii: it focuses on gameplay. I support any console that puts gameplay as its top priority. And you can play Gears of War and be hardcore, just not play ONLY Gears of War and be hardcore among the hardcore. There are people who do believe this, and I essentially hate them.
out0v0rder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 out0v0rder
Member since 2006 • 1994 Posts
Its the time you put into gaming, not what type of games you play.Heil68
nope, its the amount of games you buy per year. just ask EA. less than ~10 games per year = casual. more than ~10 games per year = hardcore. its really that simple, it has nothing to do with what types of games you play. a person whose only game is HALO is a casual as they only game they own....is HALO......they wont buy anything else.
daqua_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#64 daqua_99
Member since 2005 • 11170 Posts

Good points TC, what you say is right. Too many people think that guns and blood and gore are the only things to make a game good. The true hardcore gamers are those who look past the games rating and looks at the game itself as a whole.

I like the 'splitting' of gamer types into sort-of groups like this report, but a little different.

You have your true Hardcore Gamers who are those who play the hard, complex games which are not necessarily the ones which sell the most and are the most popular. These people go for niche games such as Okami and Metroid Prime. They base a game on more then just graphics, and consider every aspect of the game. They like to finish games and have little to no aliegance to one console manufacturer. They also have an abundance of knowledge about games.

Then you have those who can be considered Hobbyists. These people are people who like games ... a lot, yet are not as diversified as the hardcore. These people are those who like games and play them, but they mainly spend their time on games which are considered to be more mainstream then those who are hardcore. Game series might include Gears of War and Halo. These people do tend to take storys and such into account, but have more emphasis on graphics. They probally also have allegiences to one console manufacturer.

Next would be those who are Occasional Gamers. These gamers are not Casuals, and are much like the Hobbyists, except they don't play as many games, and don't devote as much time and money to their games. They have more important things in their lives then games, but most of all they want to get the most enjoyment out of the games which they play and tend to have more ephasis on fun or graphics then on a long and in-depth story.

Then you have your 'Non-Gamers', which can be grouped with Casuals, who like to play games which give thm an instant hit of fun. Many of these games may be minigames, or sport games, but the most important thing to these people are interactivity and the enjoyment they get out of games.

This is just my two-cents, which is very similar to yours TC. I'd probally consider myself a Occasional Gamer, and definetly not a hardcore one.

RogueGoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#65 RogueGoose
Member since 2007 • 525 Posts

I Believe hardcore games are games that you can get into and take skill to win... Most of these would be online games like halo because you have the ability to play online and face better people every day... I don't know if I can call anything on the wii Hardcore because there is no decent online support...

So basicly I would call halo 2 hardcore and you not hardcore at all...

Stabby2486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Stabby2486
Member since 2006 • 6688 Posts

I Believe hardcore games are games that you can get into and take skill to win... Most of these would be online games like halo because you have the ability to play online and face better people every day... I don't know if I can call anything on the wii Hardcore because there is no decent online support...

RogueGoose

Trauma Center.

SSCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#67 SSCyborg
Member since 2007 • 7625 Posts

tl;dr

but I don't think of myself as a casual.

RogueGoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 RogueGoose
Member since 2007 • 525 Posts
[QUOTE="RogueGoose"]

Stabby2486

Trauma Center.

Can you play head to head against people online... and is it skill or luck that you win with in the game... I've never played Trauma Center nor do I care about it or anything on the wii.

Stabby2486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Stabby2486
Member since 2006 • 6688 Posts

Can you play head to head against people online... and is it skill or luck that you win with in the game... I've never played Trauma Center nor do I care about it or anything on the wii.

poster

It doesn't need to be online to take skill and it's more challenging than Gears on Insane and Halo (all of them) on Legendary. Anyway, I think only singleplayer games can be hardcore, since its difficulty is defined by the way the devs made the game, while online's difficulty is defined by who you play with which varies.

jkmetalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#70 jkmetalf
Member since 2005 • 775 Posts

I buy Nintendo products to play Nintendo games. Third parties (yes even Konami and Capcom) CANNOT touch Nintendo when they are at their best.

Nuck81

Silent Hill 3 sends its salutations.

Axel_rocks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#71 Axel_rocks14
Member since 2007 • 780 Posts
I Couldn't agree more TC, thanks for posting :)
colmusterd28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#72 colmusterd28
Member since 2006 • 2854 Posts
I am an avid poop-socker... does this qualify for hardcore...
Cicatraz_ESP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Cicatraz_ESP
Member since 2006 • 1993 Posts
Nice post, tc. Completely agree with all you've said.
yellowandmushy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 yellowandmushy
Member since 2006 • 2095 Posts
I just like to play video games.
Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts

well,i guess a hardcore gamer really likes games.. all kinds of games... so certainly great games like Mario Kart wii, Galaxy, Zelda Tp, No more heroes, wii sports, RE4, Traumacenter, Metorid3, MoH: heroes2, etc...

ndrewn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 ndrewn
Member since 2006 • 605 Posts
Yeah sheep must be hardcore because they can put up with those specs. Hat off to you.
Cicatraz_ESP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Cicatraz_ESP
Member since 2006 • 1993 Posts

[QUOTE="Heil68"]Its the time you put into gaming, not what type of games you play.out0v0rder
nope, its the amount of games you buy per year. just ask EA. less than ~10 games per year = casual. more than ~10 games per year = hardcore. its really that simple, it has nothing to do with what types of games you play. a person whose only game is HALO is a casual as they only game they own....is HALO......they wont buy anything else.

Disagree completely. How many games a person buys doesn't neccessarily determine how hardcore of a gamer they are. The only game I played was Halo 3 from the time it came out until x mas. Nonstop halo, all day just trying to get my Lvl 50, and I know there were TONS of people just like me. That sounds like a hardcore gamer to me.

rocketman001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 rocketman001
Member since 2007 • 874 Posts

Agree

Avatar image for -TheSecondSign-
-TheSecondSign-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#79 -TheSecondSign-
Member since 2007 • 9301 Posts
I don't get why you people waste your breath attempting to classify eachother as casual or hardcore. i don't even care. is it really that important to you?
powwizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 powwizzle
Member since 2007 • 72 Posts

Good points TC, what you say is right. Too many people think that guns and blood and gore are the only things to make a game good. The true hardcore gamers are those who look past the games rating and looks at the game itself as a whole.

I like the 'splitting' of gamer types into sort-of groups like this report, but a little different.

You have your true Hardcore Gamers who are those who play the hard, complex games which are not necessarily the ones which sell the most and are the most popular. These people go for niche games such as Okami and Metroid Prime. They base a game on more then just graphics, and consider every aspect of the game. They like to finish games and have little to no aliegance to one console manufacturer. They also have an abundance of knowledge about games.

Then you have those who can be considered Hobbyists. These people are people who like games ... a lot, yet are not as diversified as the hardcore. These people are those who like games and play them, but they mainly spend their time on games which are considered to be more mainstream then those who are hardcore. Game series might include Gears of War and Halo. These people do tend to take storys and such into account, but have more emphasis on graphics. They probally also have allegiences to one console manufacturer.

Next would be those who are Occasional Gamers. These gamers are not Casuals, and are much like the Hobbyists, except they don't play as many games, and don't devote as much time and money to their games. They have more important things in their lives then games, but most of all they want to get the most enjoyment out of the games which they play and tend to have more ephasis on fun or graphics then on a long and in-depth story.

Then you have your 'Non-Gamers', which can be grouped with Casuals, who like to play games which give thm an instant hit of fun. Many of these games may be minigames, or sport games, but the most important thing to these people are interactivity and the enjoyment they get out of games.

This is just my two-cents, which is very similar to yours TC. I'd probally consider myself a Occasional Gamer, and definetly not a hardcore one.

daqua_99

Very good thought........but this is GS....

Ppl in the forum get so obsessive with these titles that they themselves don't know what they are. the key word in each title is "gamer" Fanboys taste are not the absolute truth and damn for sure do not need to hit the new topic button every time they feel the need to express stupidity. Gamers will not nitpick everything they see wrong (there is no perfect game), that what reviewers do, but even they do not post 5 times a day how much 'X' game sucks.

Even in this thread ppl fail to grasp what the TC was trying to imply, twist his words, and make him into a fanboy. Probably because deep down their truth to what he's saying.

Then again Blatant, non-conclusive, rampant, and not well thought out topics is what gets me through my 12hr work day.... so :)

SaintsRowSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 SaintsRowSam
Member since 2006 • 2807 Posts

i agree. people who write off games as being kiddie are not true gamers.

it also saddens me that shooting people online seems to be the definition of modern day gaming.

---OkeyDokey---

so your saying if you play ninjabreadman your a true gamer?, right :lol:

Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#82 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
people label the wii as a non hardcore console mainly because it gets alot of mini party games and pretty much spins off that sell most of the times better than the hardcore games such as MP3, zelda, and SMG.....the fact that the wii appeals to mostly non hardcore gamers....is the reason this label is still out there
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts
I consider myself casual hardcore
SSCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 SSCyborg
Member since 2007 • 7625 Posts

[QUOTE="out0v0rder"][QUOTE="Heil68"]Its the time you put into gaming, not what type of games you play.Cicatraz_ESP

Disagree completely. How many games a person buys doesn't neccessarily determine how hardcore of a gamer they are. The only game I played was Halo 3 from the time it came out until x mas. Nonstop halo, all day just trying to get my Lvl 50, and I know there were TONS of people just like me. That sounds like a hardcore gamer to me.

That guy should try telling Team Carbon that they're casuals

Avatar image for VanHelsingBoA64
VanHelsingBoA64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 VanHelsingBoA64
Member since 2007 • 5455 Posts

I am post-hardcore.Hoobinator

Well, I'm post-alternative-indie-sub-hardcore. :evil:

Brainhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Brainhunter
Member since 2003 • 2201 Posts

I consider myself a hardcore gamer. However, there is a difference between people who keep track of these forums, keep tabs on their firefox browser (yes, firefox people) with nothing but media websites, gaming news websites and walkthroughs / guides, observe the impact games have on society via their content, review games, know what is a well designed game and are aware of soon-to-be-released titles. In general, they keep a tab on every single aspect of the videogame industry.

And then there is everyone else : those who walk into their local videogame store, look at the shelves and see what might pick their interest, read the back of the box of random games, and who have no clue as to the release date of certain titles. Ask them about Halo 3 : they would know about it. Ask them about the response Mario Galaxy has received since its release, and they wouldn't even know about such things. In other words, they aren't keeping track of the evolution of gaming.

You don't have to own a billion consoles or play every single 9.0+ title out there to be a hardcore gamer : many "non-hardcores" restrict their choices to what has been "generally well received" or "heavily advertised" and who haven't a clue about the innings of the videogame industry. A hardcore gamer knows about great games that aren't under the radar, like Okami or Shadow Of the Colossus, and knows about games he/she hasn't even played, and yet still knows more than some people who purchased the actual game.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#87 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
Nice points, i agree with most of them
DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#88 DeadMan1290
Member since 2005 • 15752 Posts
I agree with your post.
Avatar image for deactivated-587acdd100f19
deactivated-587acdd100f19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 deactivated-587acdd100f19
Member since 2008 • 908 Posts
he's saying that teh grim and violent does not necessarily equal hardcore. i agree.clone01
Totally agree. Graphics and guns DO NOT magically = hardcore and it never will.
TaCoDuDe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 TaCoDuDe
Member since 2006 • 3239 Posts

[QUOTE="meetroid8"]Having played through 4 generations(including this one) I think I should get an automatic Hardcore right.Nuck81

I disagree, I have played most and owned more than my share of every video game system since the Atari 2600 and don't consider myself "hardcore"

This obsession with having to label yourself is ludicrous

You're the one who made a topic about it. :|

Avatar image for deactivated-587acdd100f19
deactivated-587acdd100f19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 deactivated-587acdd100f19
Member since 2008 • 908 Posts
[QUOTE="---OkeyDokey---"]

i agree. people who write off games as being kiddie are not true gamers.

it also saddens me that shooting people online seems to be the definition of modern day gaming.

SaintsRowSam

so your saying if you play ninjabreadman your a true gamer?, right :lol:

What's with you and your Ninja Bread Man fetish? :lol:
Yodas_Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#92 Yodas_Boy
Member since 2007 • 857 Posts
At least us kids know how to spell "hardcore".
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
People who play video games down to the T, doesn't take any particular theme as playable or not, least tries something, and generally don't throw around or use the gosh forsaken term as hardcore are truely what hardcore gamers are all about. Devotion to gaming is hardcore, not what you play.
Heretix_Aevum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Heretix_Aevum
Member since 2005 • 4105 Posts

I have not read any comments on this thread but here is my opinion.

NOBODY can be a hardcore gamer. People who say they are, are kidding themselves. People who play video games for hours on end are SOFT. I consider myself a pretty serious gamer, I go out of my way to play games, and I compare game ratings to diffeerent sites. But I'm not hardcore for two reasons.

1. I don't play ALL DAY.

2. I have a LIFE.

Yes, people can say "I'm hardcore" but they're not.

Now lets pretend that "Very serious" = "Hardcore". why can't someone who doesn't like the wii be ver serious? They're are allowed to NOT like it, they are allowed to call it kiddy. I still like Nintendo to an extent, but my tastes these days lie mostly with the 360 purely because of the more seriosu games. I'm not a mario Fan, but I enjoy Zelda and Metroid. I personally don't like the wii that much, but I wont be biased against it's games. ALthough I believe it to be fact that the wii does NOT have as many adult games.

all in all= People dont have to like all the consoles to be very serious gamers.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 deactivated-5e9044657a310

I have not read any comments on this thread but here is my opinion.

NOBODY can be a hardcore gamer. People who say they are, are kidding themselves. People who play video games for hours on end are SOFT. I consider myself a pretty serious gamer, I go out of my way to play games, and I compare game ratings to diffeerent sites. But I'm not hardcore for two reasons.

1. I don't play ALL DAY.

2. I have a LIFE.

Yes, people can say "I'm hardcore" but they're not.

Now lets pretend that "Very serious" = "Hardcore". why can't someone who doesn't like the wii be ver serious? They're are allowed to NOT like it, they are allowed to call it kiddy. I still like Nintendo to an extent, but my tastes these days lie mostly with the 360 purely because of the more seriosu games. I'm not a mario Fan, but I enjoy Zelda and Metroid. I personally don't like the wii that much, but I wont be biased against it's games. ALthough I believe it to be fact that the wii does NOT have as many adult games.

all in all= People dont have to like all the consoles to be very serious gamers.

curtdoggLP5

I appreciate that the majorty of the responses have been intelligent, thought provoking, and positive.