Most first party games will be on both platforms (X1 and PC)

• 132 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

Apparently

Will post the source when I find it.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

Cool, so Xbox One and PC will share what? 2 first party games?

GabensHerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GabensHerald
Member since 2015 • 171 Posts

The first steps to officially kill consoles for good have been taken. All shall be PC gaming. As it should be. Gaben.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Parrot is an Sony worshiper but we knew this was coming.

Hermits will get a major boost to the quality of games that will be available on PC. Xbox owners sharing love.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

sounds good on paper but this will end up being more of a double edge sword. Sony and MS are making the PC become too atractive with these weird deals. I know they don't see the PC as a competitor but the market is changing and people are becoming more tech sawy. Sooner or later these things that seem little now are what will end up killing the console market.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#6 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58954 Posts

None of them actual pc games.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

Great news if it's implemented well.

GabensHerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GabensHerald

@Gue1 said:

sounds good on paper but this will end up being more of a double edge sword. Sony and MS are making the PC become too atractive with these weird deals. I know they don't see the PC as a competitor but the market is changing and people are becoming more tech sawy. Sooner or later these things that seem little now are what will end up killing the console market.

How is it a double edged sword? Microsoft makes more money and they can simply put out an xbox as a reference box for those too intimidated/lazy for PC gaming. The majority of profits from a generation come from software and not hardware. MS Sells twice the amount of copies, they make more money. Sony refuses to play ball with PC, their stinker exclusives sell 84K in the US like Driveclub did in the whole of 2014. They lose money.

The death of consoles is good for the industry. The surge in PC gaming has caused things like VR to happen as people want to move on and upgrade at their own pace and right now, they want to upgrade quicker than what the APU twins can provide.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#9  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

@Gue1 said:

That's the plan. Consoles are shit. There is no need for them. They need to standardize/classify PCs into performance tier levels and develop games so they are scalable. That way everybody can develop for the universal platform and eliminate exclusives (the only reason I buy consoles).

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

Nobody would argue against having more games on a system(Apart from fanboys and their death threats to companies).

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

Wonder if they'll keep the big hitters (read: Halo and/or Gears) out of this... Those are the ones that are most likely to sell XB1's so it wouldn't be too surprising...

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#12 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58954 Posts

@BassMan said:

@Gue1 said:

That's the plan. Consoles are shit. There is no need for them. They need to standardize/classify PCs into performance tier levels and develop games so they are scalable. That way everybody can develop for the universal platform and eliminate exclusives (the only reason I buy consoles).

Unfortunately if Microsoft renew focus on the pc (as opposed to simply saying it), it will most likely result in pc gamers being taken advantage of in whatever manner humanly possible.

GFWL launched with a subscription fee. Windows 7 attempted to block out competition.
These Microsoft men cannot be trusted: they are bad people.

polishkid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#13 polishkid99
Member since 2007 • 4787 Posts

@gameofthering said:

Nobody would argue against having more games on a system(Apart from fanboys and their death threats to companies).

Hopefully a less exclusive future is somewhere around a corner.

GabensHerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GabensHerald

@uninspiredcup said:

@BassMan said:

@Gue1 said:

Unfortunately if Microsoft renew focus on the pc (as opposed to simply saying it), it will most likely result in pc gamers being taken advantage of in whatever manner humanly possible.

GFWL launched with a subscription fee. Windows 7 attempted to block out competition.

Which is why Linux, OSX and Steam OS exist. Competition and enough competition to spook MS into giving a damn about their consumers for once.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts
@uninspiredcup said:

@BassMan said:

@Gue1 said:

Microsoft doesn't have the ability to screw anyone over who doesn't agree to it.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46282 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

All good reasons to NOT get an Xbone.

Just give me Quantum Break and Forza on PC and i'll be happy.

True_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 True_Gamer_
Member since 2006 • 6750 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

@uninspiredcup said:

All good reasons to NOT get an Xbone.

Just give me Quantum Break and Forza on PC and i'll be happy.

Forza is one of the few racing games with upgrades and DEEP career....

On PC only NFS Shift has something similar.

KratosYOLOSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18 KratosYOLOSwag
Member since 2013 • 1827 Posts

If this means I can play Scalebound without an Xbone then I`m game. Thank you Microsoft.

Ryno1179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ryno1179
Member since 2015 • 187 Posts

So I guess there will no longer be Xbox 1st party exclusives? So why should anyone buy an Xbone now?

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

LMAO why even buy a XposBone, this is a moment of silence where MS will drop xbox brand!

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

I hope so. At last these stupid System Wars will be over, and everybody should play on their platform of choice without stupid exclusivity deals

^COWS are the worst and they drag gaming down.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@gabensherald said:

The first steps to officially kill consoles for good have been taken. All shall be PC gaming. As it should be. Gaben.

That's the first thing you've said I can actually kind of agree with. Good job.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 lamprey263  Online
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts

@Gue1: I think it could be a double edged sword for a different reason. Let's just hypothetically say cross platform rights sharing is big success, if so I'd wonder how companies like Valve will respond if this threatens their market. I could very easily see them partnering with Sony to implement a PS4/Steam rights sharing (like was experimented with Portal 2) which IMO would be much bigger than any Xbox One / PC rights sharing, so much so it might be a killer blow for any of MS's Xbox One / PC aspirations.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

This won't help move more Xbones BUT it could sell more Windows.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

This is the best way to get 3rd parties to support the M$ "ecosystem" since the Xbox One sales numbers are not doing them any favors. It's a smart move in the real world but bad news for Lems in System Wars. Even the NGage will have more exclusives than the Xbox One now....

GabensHerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By GabensHerald

@GoldenElementXL said:

This is the best way to get 3rd parties to support the M$ "ecosystem" since the Xbox One sales numbers are not doing them any favors. It's a smart move in the real world but bad news for Lems in System Wars. Even the NGage will have more exclusives than the Xbox One now....

The Ngage currently has more exclusives than the PS4 and xbone combined. Kinda pathetic for this gen, really.

But then it's rather pathetic the PS4's games are so abysmal us mustards wouldn't touch them with a bargepole while the thirst is there for Halo and Forza. How bad do you have to make a console with no games and appalling exclusives yet people still buy it?

DarthRamms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DarthRamms
Member since 2013 • 1128 Posts

@kratosyoloswag said:

If this means I can play Scalebound without an Xbone then I`m game. Thank you Microsoft.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:

Phil announced today they are supporting devs and reaching out with dev tools. You won't find most of these games around Sony.

http://news.xbox.com/2015/03/xbox-gdc-2015

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

@lglz1337 said:

LMAO why even buy a XposBone, this is a moment of silence where MS will drop xbox brand!

We have to calm down a bit. I'm sure there will be a catch in all of this.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Sounds like less of a reason to get an X1

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

I'll believe it when i see it.

Killer Instinct and Fable Legends? Sure. Scalebound, Crackdown, Quantum Break, Halo, Gears and Forza? We'll see

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Damn you could now cross-buy games! This just opens up possibilities for the Xbox One.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

If this is indeed true Microsoft has done a real turn around this gen.

GabensHerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GabensHerald
@lglz1337 said:

And if you buy a PC. Why would you buy a POS4 with its 30FPS, mediocre exclusives and 720P VR?

I bet the cows never thought it through that this is just another step towards PC Gaming's complete global dominance by making Sony an irrelevant failed zaibatsu desperately hanging onto the one successful product.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: this. Forza on PC would be godly.

SakusEnvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SakusEnvoy
Member since 2009 • 4764 Posts

I'm happy about this, but I don't really see how it benefits Microsoft. Exclusives help to boost console sales. They also are the primary reason why PC gamers purchase consoles. Microsoft needs to boost the Xbox One's portfolio with high profile exclusive titles more than they need extra sales from PC gamers. But then, I have no reason to care since I don't own an Xbox One. So yay?

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

Nahh sounds to good to be true. Theres going to be a catch, just watch.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#38 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

One less reason to buy an X1 ... lol

GabensHerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 GabensHerald

@AzatiS said:

One less reason to buy a POS4 as well since the POS4 has no games.

Microsoft did the world a favor today by converting more people to the PC Master Race

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#40 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@gabensherald said:

@AzatiS said:

Microsoft did the world a favor today by converting more people to the PC Master Race

One more reason to buy a PS4 since all those exclusives will be on PS4 only ! PC for everything else, problem solved.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 lostrib

@gabensherald said:

@AzatiS said:

I doubt GabeN would approve of your bullshit

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

So many reasons to buy an xbone now WOW! Oh wait, there was never a viable reason to get the console. You're better off in buying a Wii than an xbone at this point haha

GabensHerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By GabensHerald

@AzatiS said:

@gabensherald said:

@AzatiS said:

One more reason to buy a PS4 since all those exclusives will be on PS4 only ! PC for everything else, problem solved.

So 30FPS Mediocre exclusives from has been developers or devs where the talent departed years ago (Like Naughty Dud) and 720P VR?

Compelling argument there Mister Sony Marketer. Please, guide me to where I can buy this piece of expensive garbage with no games at all.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 lostrib

@gabensherald: go away jankar. Come back when you've built a gaming PC

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By -God-
Member since 2004 • 3627 Posts

Jesus this elevates PC to first place by a enormous gap, from first place by a hefty gap.

SakusEnvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SakusEnvoy
Member since 2009 • 4764 Posts

@gabensherald said:

@AzatiS said:

@gabensherald said:

So 30FPS Mediocre exclusives from has been developers or devs where the talent departed years ago (Like Naughty Dud) and 720P VR?

Compelling argument there Mister Sony Marketer. Please, guide me to where I can buy this piece of expensive garbage with no games at all.

Naughty Dog released one of the highest rated games of all time just a year and 9 months ago. If the talent departed "years" ago, they obviously didn't need them.

I would say that the track record of 3 AAAs in a row would hint, at least, of the possibility the studio will release another good game. Until there's some convincing evidence to the contrary.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45105 Posts

That's terrible news. My PC is vastly superior to my X1. Now I pretty much have less and less of a reason to keep my X1.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

Awesome as long as they are all cross buy.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 lostrib

@SolidGame_basic: sure it is

GabensHerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 GabensHerald

@SakusEnvoy said:

@gabensherald said:

@AzatiS said:

@gabensherald said:

Naughty Dog released one of the highest rated games of all time just a year and 9 months ago. If the talent departed "years" ago, they obviously didn't need them.

I would say that the track record of 3 AAAs in a row would hint, at least, of the possibility the studio will release another good game. Until there's some convincing evidence to the contrary.

Average downgraded third person shooters the paid press circlejerked once the checks cleared from Sony and one game so bad the stealth mechanics didn't even work but the press gave it 10/10 because "MUH FEELS".

Hilarious. Top grade shilling. Neil Druckman is a hack in the wrong industry by the way so you can take your movie games and put them on Blu-Ray where they belong and stop infecting the gaming industry with your downgraded, press X to win trash, Cows.