Microsoft: We're losing because the PS3 sucks

• 157 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mikemil828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mikemil828
Member since 2003 • 7024 Posts

http://metro.co.uk/2014/05/15/ps4-beating-xbox-one-because-of-unsatisfied-ps3-owners-says-microsoft-4728907/

Nope Xbone isn't losing because of Microsoft's social miscues, the drm or the kinect or the weaker hardware, it's because the ps3 is so terrible it's users are compelled to upgrade to the PS4

Lemmings, not only is Microsoft losing, they don't even know why they are losing. Just how long are you going to stick by them?

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#2  Edited By Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

Didn't Microsoft try to market the Xbox One by trying to get people to trade their PS3's for store credit?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

hahahahahahhahahaha

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

that's an interesting spin on things

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 XboxDone74
Member since 2013 • 2116 Posts

?

Ps3 sold more

Had more exclusives

More AAA exclusives

More goty exclusives

Say...whaaaaa?

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

"‘People have been more satisfied with the Xbox 360 than the PS3, so in that respect people have less of a need to upgrade in the short term due to regular updates for the Xbox 360"

don't care bro. it's your job to generate consumer interest in your product.

give yourself an uppercut.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61485 Posts

Sensationalism. Lovely.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

so so instead of giving a reason why they should upgrade... He says it's Ok for them not too

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lostrib

@xboxdone74 said:

?

Ps3 sold more

Had more exclusives

More AAA exclusives

More goty exclusives

Say...whaaaaa?

do we even know the official sales numbers of PS3 vs 360

...or does anyone even care anymore

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

"PS4 beating Xbox One because of unsatisfied PS3 owners says Microsoft

People have been more satisfied with the Xbox 360 than the PS3, so in that respect people have less of a need to upgrade in the short term due to regular updates for the Xbox 360"

"However it’s hard to tell exactly what the gap is as Microsoft refuses to release exact figures. The best guess, based on the most recent shipping data, suggests it’s about 4.3 million for the Xbox One compared to 7+ million for the PlayStation 4."

----

Interview with M$'s Chief Marketing Officer...hahahaha. Hilarious. I love it. This Chief Marketeer seems unaware of the 360s second half of it's life where they got incredibly lazy with little 1st party effort, coasting on 3rd party and Kinect, and let Sony's PS3 catch up in sales and award winning 1st party games. Is he really that confused.? No, I think he's playing the game he is paid to play. He's the #1 Marketing Xbox guy and he's showing the Aaron Greenburg's and Major Nelson's how to do their job. Momentum was shifting from 360 to PS3 last generation if we look at sales and games and that momentum bled into this generation. Add in the high price, weaker hardware, force bundled kinect for six months, poor Xbone reveal, and constant 180s, and here we are today. I bought an Xbone despite them, but I'm not a typical consumer.

It's a Funny Spin, Super-Marketing man. The decision to be in less countries was their decision, they had an extra year and more money to plan the Xbone launch. This is on M$, no one else. I wonder after interviews if he laughs with glee at some of the embellished rhetoric. I'd say the same things if a company cut my checks and I know I'd be laughing afterwards too.

If this guy is for real and the execs are really super confused on what is happening and can't figure out why the Xbone isn't beating the PS4 as the article indicates, Phil Spencer needs to clean house. It's their job to make a compelling product that people want. It's quite amusing.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46292 Posts

Pfft, that's nothing. Didn't you see their other excuses ?

"We're losing because LoosingENDS abandoned us"

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14  Edited By Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

Talk about shooting Yusuf in the foot http://i.imgur.com/7rHOA.png

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15  Edited By Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

What....The.....****.....

I've been satisfied with both the 360 and PS3. But as per my stance they did a completely flip flop on games.

the 360 didn't have anything at the end of the generation. In 2013 Ps3 had at least 4 new IPs

Funk21312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Funk21312
Member since 2014 • 242 Posts

Stupid logic by that M$ guy. Every Playstation console will sell because of how loyal and nostalgic people are towards Sony.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61485 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

Pfft, that's nothing. Didn't you see their other excuses ?

"We're losing because LoosingENDS abandoned us"

I miss that guy.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@mikemil828 said:

http://metro.co.uk/2014/05/15/ps4-beating-xbox-one-because-of-unsatisfied-ps3-owners-says-microsoft-4728907/

Nope Xbone isn't losing because of Microsoft's social miscues, the drm or the kinect or the weaker hardware, it's because the ps3 is so terrible it's users are compelled to upgrade to the PS4

Lemmings, not only is Microsoft losing, they don't even know why they are losing. Just how long are you going to stick by them?

Sony didn't know a $600 PS3 would fail at launch either. They didn't know that marketing it as a Blu-Ray player instead of a game console would help keep gamers away in droves. How long will Cows stick with Sony? lol!!

Microsoft knows the price and inclusion of the Kinect is one of the major factors in sales being lower then the competition which is why they're releasing a SKU at $399. There's no doubt that more gamers would jump from the PS3 to the PS4 at a $399 price then XBox 360 gamers jumping to the XBox One at a $499 price. That's a given.

Being in only 13 countries instead of 43 countries also doesn't help either. At least that will be rectified in Sept.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

If the PS3 is so great, and has to many games, then why are people getting rid of them and purchasing a PS4?

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 XboxStache
Member since 2013 • 1530 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

I've been satisfied with both the 360 and PS3. But as per my stance they did a completely flip flop on games.

the 360 didn't have anything at the end of the generation. In 2013 Ps3 had at least 4 new IPs

Microsoft didn't have any new ips for the 360? Do tell, famous Amos brainless...at least we're buying our games. Cows hyped BTS like it was the second coming of christ...yet, it flopped. lol. Try again.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts

@blackace: New to SW, so bear with me. The One has apps that like Netflix, Hulu and whatnot that are popular in the US, but won't work, or are not available outside it. Does anyone know ifMicrosoft plan on adding region specific apps to the international releases of the Xbox One, or will it be a case of those users being S.O.L.?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By lostrib

@XboxStache said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Microsoft didn't have any new ips for the 360? Do tell, famous Amos brainless...at least we're buying our games. Cows hyped BTS like it was the second coming of christ...yet, it flopped. lol. Try again.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

When things aren't going your way... blame everyone else. IndifferentIndifferentIndifferent

xWoW_Rougex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 xWoW_Rougex
Member since 2009 • 2793 Posts

These interviews are so pointless. What else can you expect, he's the chief marketer. He's the most biased person you could find.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

@XboxStache said:

@Animal-Mother said:

I'd rather have good games to play then the reassurance that random people also bought the same game. The only reason sales matter is to ensure that devs will continue to support the console and put of more games. This makes them more important at the beginning of the gen and less so at the end. Sony was pumping out new ips and other games regardless. You have fun with those sales. I'll enjoy my games.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

@xboxdone74 said:

?

Ps3 sold more

Had more exclusives

More AAA exclusives

More goty exclusives

Say...whaaaaa?

They really sound like a bunch of kids over there, desperate kids.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

360 owners upgraded to PS4.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

yeah nothing to do with being an inferior more expensive product or the bad feedback received about their pathetic policies they tried to pull on e3 last year.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@mikemil828 said:

I LOL'd at that, too. That, and your thread title is kinda funny when you know the context.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 blackace

@hallenbeck77 said:

@blackace: New to SW, so bear with me. The One has apps that like Netflix, Hulu and whatnot that are popular in the US, but won't work, or are not available outside it. Does anyone know ifMicrosoft plan on adding region specific apps to the international releases of the Xbox One, or will it be a case of those users being S.O.L.?

The XBox One is region free for games. Microsoft will add region specific apps to the XB1. The are already adding Sky's Now TV for the UK region. So I'd expect other regions apps to be added sometime in the future for various regions. I believe they did this for the XBox 360.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@xboxdone74 said:

?

Ps3 sold more

Had more exclusives

More AAA exclusives

More goty exclusives

Say...whaaaaa?

The PS3 didn't sell more. All those other points are true, though.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@inb4uall said:

@XboxStache said:

@Animal-Mother said:

I'd rather have good games to play then the reassurance that random people also bought the same game. The only reason sales matter is to ensure that devs will continue to support the console and put of more games. This makes them more important at the beginning of the gen and less so at the end. Sony was pumping out new ips and other games regardless. You have fun with those sales. I'll enjoy my games.

It feels so good waiting for Halo 4 to release and knowing millions of others bought the same game too. I turn the game off and I just love knowing millions bought the game. I don't even need to turn Halo 4 on anymore and it feels so good knowing the sales of that game I bought one copy of. In fact, I don't even play it anymore, and judging from the online community, many others don't either. Still, to this day it feels so good to talk about the sales of that 343 game as well as other big sellers.

I would rather wait all year and play one-two games that had $$$ millions in marketing like a Halo game does than get a bunch of great, critically acclaimed games to play all year on a rival system. I take comfort that so many choices to play so many great games per year means less sales for each of those games. I would rather a company make LESS games and make more TV commercials for the few games I buy. Those games on the rival platform might not have good sales and that would make me sad and force me to play the games without that feeling of sales greatness.

That's why when I come to forums, I ignore good/great/superb games and talk about their sales. The company that spends the most marketing $$$ like EA, Activision, etc are always going to win my hearts. Madden, Call of Duty, Halo, anything I can get a slurpie cup with is my favorite games. Bad sales on great games means I won't buy them. I laugh at poor sales and generalize gaming populace. The terms for SW like Hermit, Lemming, Sheep, and Cow? I pretend those terms apply in the real world and I say things like "Cows/Sheep/Hermts don't buy games". This means I think the SW terms apply to the real world. I blame the actual gaming populace in SW for not buying games and I follow that with a LOL! or something so people understand how smart I am.

:)

Did that help? lol.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@lostrib said:

This^

Only Sony would resort to saying childish things like that. all he said is people are happy with their 360, it has a lot of good games still coming out. 2 free games a month etc. So people aren't in a rush to upgrade. To a point he's right. and on the sony front as well. you have over 160 mllion PS3/360 sold to 12 million next gen. that's still 148 million people out there who haven't upgraded (minus those who will go to PC)

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50558 Posts

So...he's saying the original xbox sucked?

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@darkangel115 said:

@lostrib said:

This^

Only Sony would resort to saying childish things like that. all he said is people are happy with their 360, it has a lot of good games still coming out. 2 free games a month etc. So people aren't in a rush to upgrade. To a point he's right. and on the sony front as well. you have over 160 mllion PS3/360 sold to 12 million next gen. that's still 148 million people out there who haven't upgraded (minus those who will go to PC)

Hey Yusuf

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts
@blackace said:

@mikemil828 said:

Sony didn't know a $600 PS3 would fail at launch either. They didn't know that marketing it as a Blu-Ray player instead of a game console would help keep gamers away in droves. How long will Cows stick with Sony? lol!!

Microsoft knows the price and inclusion of the Kinect is one of the major factors in sales being lower then the competition which is why they're releasing a SKU at $399. There's no doubt that more gamers would jump from the PS3 to the PS4 at a $399 price then XBox 360 gamers jumping to the XBox One at a $499 price. That's a given.

Being in only 13 countries instead of 43 countries also doesn't help either. At least that will be rectified in Sept.

But is the X1 at least selling more than the PS4 in those 13 countries?

@lostrib said:
@xboxdone74 said:

?

Ps3 sold more

Had more exclusives

More AAA exclusives

More goty exclusives

Say...whaaaaa?

do we even know the official sales numbers of PS3 vs 360

...or does anyone even care anymore

Old news. Though the last official numbers I know of are from january 2013.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 blackace

@Krelian-co said:

yeah nothing to do with being an inferior more expensive product or the bad feedback received about their pathetic policies they tried to pull on e3 last year.

The policies were even mentioned at last years E3. All they talked about were GAMES at last years E3, which is what they will do at this years E3.

You idiot cows keep getting their May reveal mixed up with the E3 2013. They were 2 different shows with different focuses.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#39 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

@xboxdone74 said:

?

Ps3 sold more

Had more exclusives

More AAA exclusives

More goty exclusives

Say...whaaaaa?

You again?

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Or maybe the fact most lems see 360 as the better console over Xboner, no need to upgrade

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 blackace

@SambaLele said:
@blackace said:

@mikemil828 said:

Sony has never broken out their sales figures by just those 13 countries. Still, it's safe to say that the PS4 is probably leading in all 13 countries at this point. With a lower price and more positive hype, it's a given. Still, being in more countries obviously means more sales.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

this is why this prick yusuf mendi has to go, he is clueless as don mattrick

SonySoldier-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By SonySoldier-_-
Member since 2012 • 1186 Posts

One of my favorite qoutes is "Losers always make excuses". That qoute couldn't be more true.

Lol @ Lemmings trying to defend Microsoft over this. No wonder why people call Lemmings the Clowns of System Wars.

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

@blackace said:

@SambaLele said:
@blackace said:

@mikemil828 said:

Sony has never broken out their sales figures by just those 13 countries. Still, it's safe to say that the PS4 is probably leading in all 13 countries at this point. With a lower price and more positive hype, it's a given. Still, being in more countries obviously means more sales.

But if the X1 is released in all countries where the PS4 is already present and still doesn't manage to change the figure you described yourself... than it'll continue the same, the gap will still be widening.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 blackace

@SonySoldier-_- said:

One of my favorite qoutes is "Losers always make excuses". That qoute couldn't be more true.

Lol @ Lemmings trying to defend Microsoft over this. No wonder why people call Lemmings the Clowns of System Wars.

Cows are the Clowns of System Wars. That quote came from a Lemming. lol!! Sony must have had a lot of excuses last-gen as well. Currently there are no winners or losers at the momemt. The battle is just beginning.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Microsoft sound like some lems in here trolling. Not pointing any fingers.

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#48  Edited By tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

The masters of the

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By blackace

@SambaLele said:

@blackace said:

@SambaLele said:
@blackace said:

@mikemil828 said:

But if the X1 is released in all countries where the PS4 is already present and still doesn't manage to change the figure you described yourself... than it'll continue the same, the gap will still be widening.

Once XB1 is launched in the other 30+ countries the gap will definitely close some. Sales are slowing down for the PS4. It's not selling like it was in Nov, Dec & Jan. They aren't out of stock anywhere anymore. So the gap will close some and depending on how the E3 goes, the gap might close even more after that show. Especially with the new XB1 SKU priced at $399.

Indicud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Indicud
Member since 2013 • 745 Posts

@blackace: The Xbox One is not doing well compared to the PS4, get over it.