Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts
@trollhunter2 said:

@Juub1990: funny, I always thought that sales contribute to the relevance of a franchise. Lesser sales, lesser relevance, but I get your real point now

In a sense yes but Ratchet & Clank has traditionally sold much less than Gears of War. COD sales are in decline, do you really think COD will die before R&C?

trollhunter2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#202  Edited By trollhunter2
Member since 2012 • 2054 Posts

@Juub1990: no, what I meant with the post, is how can you say ratchet and clank will go obsolete, when it actually grew with the ps4 entry?. I made the comparison to gears, cause I thought you're talking about sales. I already said that gears still outsold ratchet in my post earlier actually. I apologize for the misunderstanding then

Blazed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 Blazed
Member since 2005 • 2947 Posts

Sony won this year in quality and quantity. The X1 is just now getting high rated titles while Sony had them all year on a consistent basis. Once again Xfanboys are claiming victory by not including games they don't like.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#204  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56458 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

Maybe it's the alcohol talking right now, but lort, it needs to be sayed. Lems, you were supposed to show us a better way. You were the chosen one. The endless money pit was supposed to take gaming to new and unforeseen heights. What happen? I mean, real talk, tell me my dawg.

How the eff did this all end in bewilderment and sales-begging? I want an honest attempt at an answer. Not as "Moogenja" but as a gamer who bought an OG XBox and was on board for the ride.

The Lems didn't have the high ground lol. Even Maul had the high ground.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#205  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@davillain- said:
@Shewgenja said:

Maybe it's the alcohol talking right now, but lort, it needs to be sayed. Lems, you were supposed to show us a better way. You were the chosen one. The endless money pit was supposed to take gaming to new and unforeseen heights. What happen? I mean, real talk, tell me my dawg.

How the eff did this all end in bewilderment and sales-begging? I want an honest attempt at an answer. Not as "Moogenja" but as a gamer who bought an OG XBox and was on board for the ride.

The Lems didn't have the high ground lol. Even Maul had the high ground.

I look at it quite a bit differently. Mind you, rewind your mind to 2001 and consider what the repercussions were for a true software industry heavyweight throwing its gauntlet into the paltry and unprofessional world of the gaming industry. Microsoft could have given us a specifically Hollywood shine and polished experience to set themselves apart from the plebian world of gaming circa 2002 and taken a fraction of the losses they have up to this point in time in the here and now.

What we have instead, are thinly veiled beg threads and astroturf schills trying to frantically make up ground in the court of public opinion due to mismanagement and intrinsically flawed design philosophy three(ish) gens down the road. At first, I thought MS would blaze new trails but what they have proven for well over a decade is that they do not know how to stay in their lane and (FAR more importantly) they do not know how to build a lane for themselves. The XBox cause is to be a disruptor and a disruptor only. It has no aim and no purpose. It doesn't even have a first-party studio farm to entice its identity moving forward. No quality control to cement its brand to a particular identified gamer. No design ethos to seperate its space in gaming from its competition.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56458 Posts

@Shewgenja: MS hit a gold mine with the 360 and until after 2010, things went downhill and MS Xbox One will never live up to it's little brother Xbox 360.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 Shewgenja

@davillain- said:

@Shewgenja: MS hit a gold mine with the 360 and until after 2010, things went downhill and MS Xbox One will never live up to it's little brother Xbox 360.

Billion dollar write-offs to avoid class-action litigation ain't exactly Shangrilah.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#208  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19689 Posts

America, yes. Worldwide, no. Xbox has always been bigger in its home American market than in overseas markets. The only overseas market where Xbox comes anywhere near PlayStation's popularity is Britain. But in most of Europe, and of course Japan, PlayStation is a lot more popular.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#209 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

Nobody even plays Ratchet & Flop and Uncharted Flop anymore, not sure why they are even brought up.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By kvally

@jcrame10 said:

@kvally: ps4 and ps4 pro shared games is not the same thing as Xbox and PC sharing games

Thanks for sharing your opinion with us!

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By kvally

@trollhunter2 said:

@Juub1990: gears is declining http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=220345081

while r&c is growing

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1213175

how does your logic work then?

But Gears of War 4 is not declining. They didn't include digital sales nor PlayAnywhere sales, which is a large portion of the sales. We will need those numbers.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@kvally: so facts are"opinions" when those facts don't support your agenda

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 kvally

@jcrame10: no doubt that there are those few peeps that think their opinion is fact.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#214 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@Juub1990 said:
@xxgunslingerxx said:

@Juub1990: Ok then I guess Sony has been destroying MS all year and all gen long with its 7+ exclusive games. I can live with that.

They have but the tables have turned the last few months. Sony's last worthwhile exclusive was Uncharted 4.

Well, since you're counting FH3 and GeoW 4 on the MS frontline then I guess its only fair to count Dragon Quest Builders aswell (83 metascore close to GeoW 4 84)

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 dynamitecop
Member since 2004 • 6395 Posts

@Vatusus said:
@Juub1990 said:
@xxgunslingerxx said:

@Juub1990: Ok then I guess Sony has been destroying MS all year and all gen long with its 7+ exclusive games. I can live with that.

They have but the tables have turned the last few months. Sony's last worthwhile exclusive was Uncharted 4.

Well, since you're counting FH3 and GeoW 4 on the MS frontline then I guess its only fair to count Dragon Quest Builders aswell (83 metascore close to GeoW 4 84)

Yeah then compare that completely different game which bears no comparatives to Gears and is clearly going to be a niche game against Minecraft sitting at a score of 93...

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@kvally: I remember when Xbox and PC were considered two different platforms. All the sudden now they are one in the same.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#217 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9570 Posts

What is going on here? MS has a decent couple of monts, so the rest of the 3 years are now not important. This is stupid.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@StrongBlackVine said:

@kingtito: It's regional. One exception to the rule doesn't change that. I never claimed to be impartial, but I am trying to be objective.

The fact that there is the so called "1 exception" does change it. It might sell more in the NA region but it's still selling around the world. Don't let your cowness blind you

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@kingtito: You seem to be taking Xbox's lack of appeal worldwide kinda hard.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 kingtito

@StrongBlackVine said:

@kingtito: You seem to be taking Xbox's lack of appeal worldwide kinda hard.

Not really, I'm just correcting a person that's known to cow a lot when it comes to MS and the Xbox brand. Sorry that MS sells in other regions bro but at least your precious PS consoles are more popular. Would you like a cookie?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@dynamitecop said:

Yeah then compare that completely different game which bears no comparatives to Gears and is clearly going to be a niche game against Minecraft sitting at a score of 93...

Like that even matter fact is the PS4 got MLB,Uncharted 4,Ratchet,Dragon Quest all 80 or better.

A game is a game period stop spinning...

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 kvally

@tormentos said:
@dynamitecop said:

Like that even matter fact is the PS4 got MLB,Ratchet,Dragon Quest all 80 or better.

All flops. Yikes.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 kvally

@jcrame10 said:

@kvally: I remember when Xbox and PC were considered two different platforms. All the sudden now they are one in the same.

Amazing, isn't it? Who would have thought there would be more than one Windows 10 device on the market now?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 Shewgenja

One is just training wheels for the other.

rasengan2552

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 rasengan2552
Member since 2009 • 5071 Posts

@Celsius765: A flagship title getting a 7 is a flop, there is no debating that.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

@dakur said:

The typical lem getting ready for work

Flop it like a champion lemmings

lol

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

@Blazed said:

Sony won this year in quality and quantity. The X1 is just now getting got ONE high rated titles while Sony had them all year on a consistent basis. Once again Xfanboys are claiming victory by not including games they don't like.

fixed

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#228 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

@tormentos said:
@dynamitecop said:

Like that even matter fact is the PS4 got MLB,Uncharted 4,Ratchet,Dragon Quest all 80 or better.

A game is a game period stop spinning...

Hahahahahaha, a game is a game. That's the silliest thing I've heard in a long time. Sure every game is equal

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

@rasengan2552: there is because the review is the reviewers opinion and not yours. So you might enjoy a game more or less than a reviewer

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#230 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@Juub1990 said:

They've been putting a lot more effort than Sony. Aggressive pricing. Great content not available on PS4. Play Anywhere. Backwards compatibility. Hell, I played Gears of War 4 with friends on Xbox Box last night. They were amazed that was even a thing. We had a blast on party chat playing Horde mode. Too bad ranked matches are cut off.

Meanwhile all PS4 owners get is a price increase for their PSN subscription. Sony has been sloppy lately and are too comfortable in the lead.

I hope Microsoft keeps putting more pressure so Sony responds accordingly. The PS Pro is probably the most underwhelming piece of technology since the Wii U tablet.

Well played Microsoft.

It's really outside of the U.S. that the XB1 is failing to sell. Microsoft needs exclusive must have content to get gamers to bite and buy their systems. Sony hasn't been doing anything special as of late. They only have "The Last Guarding" for the holidays and raising the price of PSPlus wasn't smart. Also, releasing an unwanted or needed piece of hardware like the PS4 Slim this year was just dumb. Even though the PS4 Pro isn't the beast everyone wanted, it's still will be the most powerful game console on the market this holiday. It's a must buy if you don't own a PS4. Don't even waste your money on a PS4 Slim. Microsoft's Slim is doing much better then PS4 Slim it seems.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 blackace

@StrongBlackVine said:

Xbox brand is inferior to PlayStation and that isn't changing any time soon. PlayStation is a worldwide brand Xbox is regional product. That's a fact.

As far Gears of War 4 is concerned it is an 84 on Metacritic and 83 on Opencritic. A good score, but a sub-85 score is nothing to be proud for one of your blockbuster IPs. Same for Halo 5. Xbox fanboys would still be trolling if Uncharted 4 scored an 84. Nintendo fans will melt if Zelda scores that low.

Truth is Xbox has no critically acclaimed AAA IPs left outside of Forza and the diversity of its library is clearly inferior to PlayStation.

Lastly Gears 4 had the worst debut for of any Gears game since the first (excluding Judgement) in the UK.

XBox is a worldwide brand as well. It sells all over the world, does it not? Don't let your fanboyism screw with your brain. Even though Halo 5 and Gears 4 didn't score AAA, they are still great games and will still sell well over time. Halo 5 is already over 5 million sold and that's with just over 21 million XB1 in gamers hands. Uncharted 4 didn't even sell close to that ratio on the PS4. How many copies did Killzone: SF sell? Microsoft will start new franchises in the future. Sea of Thieves & Scalebound are coming. Dead Rising 4 is also releasing soon.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 blackace

@Chutebox said:

Is this place just full of shit threads now? Both companies have put forth plenty of content and reasons to own the consoles.

This is SW, so you know there is going to be a lot of shit threads on here. You've been here long enough to know this.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@blackace said:
@StrongBlackVine said:

Xbox brand is inferior to PlayStation and that isn't changing any time soon. PlayStation is a worldwide brand Xbox is regional product. That's a fact.

As far Gears of War 4 is concerned it is an 84 on Metacritic and 83 on Opencritic. A good score, but a sub-85 score is nothing to be proud for one of your blockbuster IPs. Same for Halo 5. Xbox fanboys would still be trolling if Uncharted 4 scored an 84. Nintendo fans will melt if Zelda scores that low.

Truth is Xbox has no critically acclaimed AAA IPs left outside of Forza and the diversity of its library is clearly inferior to PlayStation.

Lastly Gears 4 had the worst debut for of any Gears game since the first (excluding Judgement) in the UK.

XBox is a worldwide brand as well. It sells all over the world, does it not? Don't let your fanboyism screw with your brain. Even though Halo 5 and Gears 4 didn't score AAA, they are still great games and will still sell well over time. Halo 5 is already over 5 million sold and that's with just over 21 million XB1 in gamers hands. Uncharted 4 didn't even sell close to that ratio on the PS4. How many copies did Killzone: SF sell? Microsoft will start new franchises in the future. Sea of Thieves & Scalebound are coming. Dead Rising 4 is also releasing soon.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

To be honest MS tried its hardest to alienate EVERYTHING NOT the US at its reveal, and proceeded to screw over European nations in many months following the launch. Of course it does not sell well in Europe. The first year of a consoles existence kind of cements its future. And MS just gave everywhere but the US the finger.

Even now when Phil Spenser have done a whole heck of a lot to change the perception, most people already went and bought a PS4. Most Xbox exclusives are also on the PC now, and sorry to say, the reasons to get an X1 did just suffer more because of that, but at least they try to salvage the other leading MS platform (ie. pc) with this.

So a lesson about salting the earth might be useful here, yes? Sony is doing a piss poor job atm. But they have hardly done anything to cause people to be outright negative on them. A small price hike in the US PS+ is hardly the same as a 6 month delay because you think people are too freaking stupid to understand English, and making a main focus something that is ONLY popular in the US is a pretty bad idea (and a sport even, good marketing fuckup there, sure some people likes sports games, but fantasy football? Not to mention the too high launch price)

MS will get its chance, as it stands it has two. It can reinforce its presence on the PC platform, which it almost has a monopoly atm (but let slip away due to absolute idiocy), or it can focus on its next console, and do absolutely NO **** ups. Then it has a chance.

But then, If consoles are now going to be iterative now, that means that you will likely keep the library of games from older models, which in turn makes it harder for MS to convince people to give up what might be 2-3 generations of games you own, just to swap to a near identical platform.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#235 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19689 Posts
@blackace said:
@StrongBlackVine said:

Xbox = American brand

Nintendo = Japanese brand

PlayStation = Worldwide brand

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 kingtito

@Jag85 said:
@blackace said:
@StrongBlackVine said:

Xbox = American brand

Nintendo = Japanese brand

PlayStation = Worldwide brand

Cows = clowns of SWs

That should just about complete that list

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@blackace said:
@StrongBlackVine said:

Uncharted 4 took a dump on Gears 4 in scores and sales. LOL at mentioning Killzone as if that has ever been a huge franchise for Sony. Neither of Sea of Thieves , Scalebound or Dead Rising 3(not "exclusive" or new) have huge buzz around them. Definitely nothing like Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War or Spider-Man. Not to mention TLG, Persona 5, Nier Automata, Nioh, Gravity Rush 2, Yakuza all releasing in early 107. It's going to be another long exclusive drought for Xbox minus Halo Wars 2. That is why you keep your mouth shut even when you have a few games releasing because this goes in cycles.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@blackace said:

It's really outside of the U.S. that the XB1 is failing to sell. Microsoft needs exclusive must have content to get gamers to bite and buy their systems. Sony hasn't been doing anything special as of late. They only have "The Last Guarding" for the holidays and raising the price of PSPlus wasn't smart. Also, releasing an unwanted or needed piece of hardware like the PS4 Slim this year was just dumb. Even though the PS4 Pro isn't the beast everyone wanted, it's still will be the most powerful game console on the market this holiday. It's a must buy if you don't own a PS4. Don't even waste your money on a PS4 Slim. Microsoft's Slim is doing much better then PS4 Slim it seems.

In other words basically all over the world but in US,the xbox one is doing bad that is not good in any way.

MS neither a bunch of flops a 80s tire and abused series and a multiplatform racer.

MS rise the cost of live and i remember how you defended the move so stop your hypocrisy.

Unwanted.? how is the PS4 slim unwanted.?

Well look at the this way the PS4 kicked the xbox one for 3 year,now Pro will kick it even more by the time scorpio arrive it would have pass 4 years man,that is what the OG xbox lasted from 2001 to 2005..lol

MS slim doing much better.?

https://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames#5

That is how is doing apparently the thirst is dying already the xbox one S is at spot 98 on amazon top 100 is almost out of the freaking chart want to count how many PS4 are on the top 100 in amazon.?

PS4 Pro Spot 24

PS4 Slim Uncharted 4 bundle spot 58 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gears and Battlefield bundle.

Old PS4 stand alone spot 63

Old PS4 Uncharted 4 bundle spot 65

4 PS4 bundles destroying the xbox one S only and solely bundle is a beating what is happening in amazon.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 kvally

@StrongBlackVine said:
@blackace said:
@StrongBlackVine said:

Uncharted 4 took a dump on Gears 4 in scores and sales. LOL at mentioning Killzone as if that has ever been a huge franchise for Sony. Neither of Sea of Thieves , Scalebound or Dead Rising 3(not "exclusive" or new) have huge buzz around them. Definitely nothing like Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War or Spider-Man. Not to mention TLG, Persona 5, Nier Automata, Nioh, Gravity Rush 2, Yakuza all releasing in early 107. It's going to be another long exclusive drought for Xbox minus Halo Wars 2. That is why you keep your mouth shut even when you have a few games releasing because this goes in cycles.

We haven't received sales numbers from Microsoft yet (retail + digital + PlayAnywhere+bundles) for Gears of War 4, so we don't have any definitive numbers. However, one should assume Uncharted 4 sold more, as it is sold in more countries on nearly twice as many consoles.

Killzone has always been a huge franchise for Sony, it even did them well with Killzone 4 when the PS4 debuted. It received a lot of hype, a lot of sales and great scores.

I haven't seen much hype around Sea of Thieves, Scalebound nor Dead Rising 4. But what is important is that Microsoft invested in some new IP's for the Xbox brand. I am hoping for gamers, that Sea of Thieves and Scalebound end up being really enjoyable games giving us gamers more games to choose from.

Spider-man is zero hype. God of War 4 is mid-range hype...no more than Sea of Thieves. Horizon Zero Dawn has some solid hype and is looking like it will be a huge hit. As for Persona 5, Nier, Nioh, GR2 and Yakuza...I don't have a clue where they are at on the hype meter right now. TLG however is huge on the hype meter. I hope it does well too.

Xbox One is looking to have a pretty stellar year in 2017 as well with Crackdown 3, Halo Wars 2, Scalebound, Sea of Thieves, Astroneer, Gigantic, Cuphead, Below, Raiden V, State of Decay 2, Forza 7 (confirmed by Turn 10's annual report), Students of Round 2,Ashen as well as the Phantom Dust remake.

So it looks like my PS Pro and Xbox One S will be working overtime in 2017. I suspect many others will have some serious console work out as well.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 kvally

@tormentos said:
@blackace said:

In other words basically all over the world but in US,the xbox one is doing bad that is not good in any way.

MS neither a bunch of flops a 80s tire and abused series and a multiplatform racer.

MS rise the cost of live and i remember how you defended the move so stop your hypocrisy.

Unwanted.? how is the PS4 slim unwanted.?

Well look at the this way the PS4 kicked the xbox one for 3 year,now Pro will kick it even more by the time scorpio arrive it would have pass 4 years man,that is what the OG xbox lasted from 2001 to 2005..lol

MS slim doing much better.?

https://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames#5

That is how is doing apparently the thirst is dying already the xbox one S is at spot 98 on amazon top 100 is almost out of the freaking chart want to count how many PS4 are on the top 100 in amazon.?

PS4 Pro Spot 24

PS4 Slim Uncharted 4 bundle spot 58 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gears and Battlefield bundle.

Old PS4 stand alone spot 63

Old PS4 Uncharted 4 bundle spot 65

4 PS4 bundles destroying the xbox one S only and solely bundle is a beating what is happening in amazon.

Oddly enough, the PS4 lost the last 3 months on NPD, yet was leading on Amazon real time when people posted here each month. The PS4 is leading YET AGAIN for October, on Amazon.

And then when you look at the best selling currently at Target and Walmart, the Xbox leads with multiple sku's ahead of the PS4:

https://www.walmart.com/browse/2636_1040579?page=3&sort=best_seller&cat_id=2636_1040579&facet=video_game_platform:PlayStation%204%7C%7Cvideo_game_platform:Xbox%20One

http://www.target.com/c/video-games/-/N-5xtg5

And in the Amazon link, I do find this very interesting:

Xbox One > PS4: Battlefield 1

Xbox One > PS4: Call of Duty Infinite Warfare

Xbox One > PS4: Titanfall 2

PS4 > Xbox One: Skyrim

Then, at Gamestop:

http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=28-xu0

Xbox One > PS4: Skyrim

Xbox One > PS4: Call of Duty Infinite Warfare

Xbox One > PS4: Battlefield 1

Xbox One > PS4: Dragonball