Microsoft says cloud isn't the future

• 88 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@Shewgenja:

OK. So, I admit that I did not read your wall of text at first, so I went back and read everything. My response is this:

LOL!!! You and all the cows in this thread are dumbasses. Spencer was responding to the question: "Do you think the Xbox One is the last console as we know it? You know, running local hardware."

You cows would crap your utters if Sony said "There will be no PS5, we are going to stream games in the future."

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#53 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

You can't have both VR and cloud as latency is much more harmful than for regular gaming. Personally I hope VR takes off big and that means local compute needs to stay!

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54  Edited By kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@kuu2 said:

So my thread about Cerny saying games won't come for 3 years on PauperStation4 is closed because it was "out of context" but this one is not..........

Cowspot confirmed.

MooJenga, bbbbut I am not a cow........lulz.

That's a funny gif kid. I actually lol'ed at that

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

@bezza2011 said:

so wait for the last few years every major developer or anyone within gaming when asked what they were excited for in the future, they didn't say cloud gaming, because i'm pretty sure, for the last few years cloud gaming has been a big topic on most gaming sites and hype for developers.

seems like it depends on the season on what people want.

@HalcyonScarlet said:

"Spencer may be right that fully streaming games are a long way off — technically he may consider that length of time one console generation, since a decade is indeed a while — but in the scheme of things, an all-streaming games platform is inevitable, and likely sooner rather than later."

Yeah, I think that is probably the most important part of this article. Thanks Sony and the cows to contributing to a fucking 'stream gaming' future, thanks.

Pedal to the metal.

Sony domination continuation.

lol and you guys were bitching about MSs DRM.

a streaming service so people can play older games is nothing like DRM,

A streaming only future is worse. Like the one in the sentence I bolded.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#56 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@-RPGamer- said:

I don't want to stream games, in fact in general I think streaming any content is stupid in comparison to DLing it.

Stream movies Netflix & Amazon, are really the only things worth streaming at this point. The lag on PS Now is going to hurt gameplay in any PS2 or PS3 game that requires accuracy in jumping or shooting. It'll be fine for turnbased RPG's though. Once broadband speeds get a lot faster and ISP providers increase bandwidth restrictions, it'll be ok.

incuensuocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By incuensuocha
Member since 2009 • 1514 Posts

I give it a year or two until MS introduces their own version of Playstation Now and they start throwing around the word "innovation".

StriateEnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By StriateEnd
Member since 2013 • 521 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

The MS cloud and Sony cloud are completely different things. Sony's was always intended to be a stream service to support backwards compatibility.

MS's cloud was for AI, off loading compute and calculations, to make the console 10x more powerful, storage, servers and to work in conjunction with the Local Cloud.

Aww, bless. Who's a dumb, gullible lemming? Oh yes u are, yesyeyeyeyes... Mfw....

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

TC still being misleading? Yup.

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

Good to see ms is still on the side of gamers.

Meanwhile Sony wants a future dominated by subscription fees and DRM just so you can rent digital content.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#61 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

So let ME get this right. After MS announces X1, no used games, edging the industry to digital service, having to have an internet connection, and gets crucified for it, Sony offering a digital streaming gaming service, where you cant buy physical, trade in, get used, need an internet connection to use and its good?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

So let ME get this right. After MS announces X1, no used games, edging the industry to digital service, having to have an internet connection, and gets crucified for it, Sony offering a digital streaming gaming service, where you cant buy physical, trade in, get used, need an internet connection to use and its good?

Considering the direction gaming went, it's not that hard to figure out.. People will always want to have the choice of purchasing a new game physically. Playstation Now doesn't change that.... at all.

What it does change is backwards compatibility. So, as soon as people see it for what it is, we can have an honest debate about what it is not. As completely expected, Lems strive to find equivalence between something Sony does and their own short-sighted failings supporting the XBone. As much as I get heat for having a misleading title or whatever, it's these strawman arguments that make me not regret a thing.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Tighaman said:

he is basically telling you that PS NOW will always have a latency problem because PS4 doesn't have LOCAL CLOUD COMPUTE I said it before the Ethernet port is connected to the SOC for a reason everyone thinking its a joke but its happening rather the fanboys like it or not.

Considering all the crap theories you try to pull already i would not even go there.

The xbox one can have the ethernet port on top of the damn SOC it doesn't matter the internet connection giving you the data from MS cloud doesn't have even close the speed need it for what they claim period,if the cloud make the damn xbox one so powerful they would not even need a damn GPU and CPU upclock there would be no point in it.

The PS4 is better it will actually use its own GPU for compute without hurting the graphics,when games start to use heavy compute the xbox one will be left even more behind.

@StormyJoe said:

You don't know a goddamed thing about MS's cloud. I use it everyday (Azure), and I know for a fact it does a hell of a lot more than "Drivatars". You are so fricken ignorant that it is almost irritating.

Ever hear about Office 365? SQL Server Azure? You are clueless.

Yes i have and you can do office 365 on the cloud that doesn't require intensive processing power,in fact Azure is for the xbox one office 365 and several other products,now running those is not even close to be as intensive as running game code over the internet.

@edidili said:

Well he's talking about streaming, nice bait title. No idea how companies will solve input lag for stream gaming, looks impossible to me. You push the button, it has to travel somewhere on some server far away from you, the machine will compute it and send frames back at you. There will be latency there no matter what you do. That's not important at all for videos or music but for gaming is a big deal. Unless you play some turn based strategy/rpg where immediate input is not as important.

MS has still yet to prove their own version of cloud gaming btw.

That same latency also affect compute over the internet,that and horrible slow stated of connection today,a 100MB line is not even comparable in speed with a 2000 GPU,the bandwidth need it on GPU is measure in GB not MB.

Let me break it down for you.

Star downloading a big file over the internet with your connection,the bigger the better 20GB or more,now take how long it takes for that file to download completely on your PC,10 hours 5 hours 18 hours what ever.

Yeah that is the problem a 7770 which is low end has 72Gb/s which mean is almost 4 times as big as what i ask you to download,and it pass that 72Gb of data in just 1 second.

So what took you 10 15 hours to download into your PC or console over the internet will pass up to 8 or 9 times faster but every second on a GPU.

The speed difference is not even comparable.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Shewgenja

You guys do realize that if PS Now works well, it means that Sony can pursue whatever technology they want in future iterations of the Playstation without losing Backwards Compatibility as an advantage. It blows my mind how MS or some posters here spin this as a bad thing. Then again, it's the same hand full of posters who walked lock-step with MS during their DRM fiasco.

No wonder you want to raise that specter in this thread as if vindicated somehow lol

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 cainetao11

@Shewgenja said:

@cainetao11 said:

Considering the direction gaming went, it's not that hard to figure out.. People will always want to have the choice of purchasing a new game physically. Playstation Now doesn't change that.... at all.

What it does change is backwards compatibility. So, as soon as people see it for what it is, we can have an honest debate about what it is not. As completely expected, Lems strive to find equivalence between something Sony does and their own short-sighted failings supporting the XBone. As much as I get heat for having a misleading title or whatever, it's these strawman arguments that make me not regret a thing.

We're all going to move the goal posts. Bottom line is I remember all the "I want to own and be able to do what I want with my games" arguments. And you wont be able to on PSnow. So I see a, its done by Sony and slightly different so its good, sort of like charging for MP now after YEARS of "MP should be free". I will own a PS4 and an X1 as I have owned both every gen they were available. Look forward to playing some great games on my Vita with Now, I just wont praise Sony for this, as I didn't praise MS for their attempts to move us to digital in the summer. What if someone didn't play TLOU? Its a new game to them, so they suddenly are cool with not owning it?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Shewgenja

@cainetao11 said:

We're all going to move the goal posts. Bottom line is I remember all the "I want to own and be able to do what I want with my games" arguments. And you wont be able to on PSnow. So I see a, its done by Sony and slightly different so its good, sort of like charging for MP now after YEARS of "MP should be free". I will own a PS4 and an X1 as I have owned both every gen they were available. Look forward to playing some great games on my Vita with Now, I just wont praise Sony for this, as I didn't praise MS for their attempts to move us to digital in the summer. What if someone didn't play TLOU? Its a new game to them, so they suddenly are cool with not owning it?

So, Playstation Now is going to come into my home and brick my PS1, PS2 and PS3 then smash my game discs? Wow, Sony really IS as evil as people have been saying. Thanks for looking out for me.

edidili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By edidili
Member since 2004 • 3449 Posts

@tormentos said:

That same latency also affect compute over the internet,that and horrible slow stated of connection today,a 100MB line is not even comparable in speed with a 2000 GPU,the bandwidth need it on GPU is measure in GB not MB.

Let me break it down for you.

Star downloading a big file over the internet with your connection,the bigger the better 20GB or more,now take how long it takes for that file to download completely on your PC,10 hours 5 hours 18 hours what ever.

Yeah that is the problem a 7770 which is low end has 72Gb/s which mean is almost 4 times as big as what i ask you to download,and it pass that 72Gb of data in just 1 second.

So what took you 10 15 hours to download into your PC or console over the internet will pass up to 8 or 9 times faster but every second on a GPU.

The speed difference is not even comparable.

The compute, that 72Gb/s will happen on the server's hardware. You will basically send to the server info on what it should render, the server will do the job and it will send you back the finished render.

What will travel through the cable is not big at all. For example on autocad, you create a house and send it to autodesk's server to render it. What you will send is basically just a few KB of data, the server will do all the heavy lifting and send you back a 2MB jpg. What traveled through the internet cable was just a few MB.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 cainetao11

@Shewgenja said:

@cainetao11 said:

So, Playstation Now is going to come into my home and brick my PS1, PS2 and PS3 then smash my game discs? Wow, Sony really IS as evil as people have been saying. Thanks for looking out for me.

So you're going to put a ps2 disc in your PS3 and stream the game from PSnow? Taking things out of context is certainly what you like to do from the thread title. But I have done the same in my day. Good talk, son.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#69 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

MS's cloud was for AI, off loading compute and calculations, to make the console 10x more powerful, storage, servers and to work in conjunction with the Local Cloud.

No Caption Provided

That's so stupid it's not even funny.

BlessedChill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By BlessedChill
Member since 2013 • 697 Posts

Didn't BlackAce say they had a similar service in the works? lol

Reminds me of Ballmer's comments on the original IPhone, now look at windows phones.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 tormentos

@edidili said:

The compute, that 72Gb/s will happen on the server's hardware. You will basically send to the server info on what it should render, the server will do the job and it will send you back the finished render.

What will travel through the cable is not big at all. For example on autocad, you create a house and send it to autodesk's server to render it. What you will send is basically just a few KB of data, the server will do all the heavy lifting and send you back a 2MB jpg. What traveled through the internet cable was just a few MB.

No what you are describing there is Onlive,the game is store on the servers ran there and video stream to you.

What MS claimed was different,what they claim was that they could increase the power of the unit with the cloud,which is totally different.

Games graphics are done on the fly,which mean they can't be process that way,which is the reason why MS changed the tune from 40 tjmes the power of the xbox 360,to you can offload some CPU task with the cloud because in reality is all you can do,this has been discuss already to no end,you can't stream complex process that happen inside the GPU over the internet,bandwidth doesn't allow it,so what they can do is things that doesn't have to be updated every second like baked lighting and stuff like that,and sony can do that as well if they want to build a cloud service,MS cloud is not just for xbox one,is also for office 365 and other MS product,the whole cloud crap was just MS way of over hyping their own server service and compute service.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 blackace

@incuensuocha said:

I give it a year or two until MS introduces their own version of Playstation Now and they start throwing around the word "innovation".

Why would company do that. OnLive have been streaming games before both Sony & Microsoft. None of it is really innovative. Until it actually works without lag. That ain't happening anytime soon.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By blackace

@BlessedChill said:

Didn't BlackAce say they had a similar service in the works? lol

Reminds me of Ballmer's comments on the original IPhone, now look at windows phones.

Yes, M$ was looking into it using their cloud servers, but they said latency problems was causing them to wait a bit longer. So they will probably see how Playstation Now pans out before they attempt to introduce their B/C service. I would rather them just make app emulators and call it a day.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

He's talking about fully streaming games. MS' X1 cloud was never about that AFAIK. The game would still largely run off the actual X1 hardware.

bingo

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Tighaman
Member since 2006 • 1038 Posts

@tormentos: you so stupid sometimes TORM I don't make theories I see possibilities I really think you are mad because no one really talks about the ps4 it is what it is an upgrade from the ps3 that's it the cam is have no better success than move and the graphics are the same engines upgraded to 1080p resolution that's it its stale as hell, GPU compute has nothing to do with LOCAL CLOUD COMPUTE so don't worry about ps4 doing it and the industry is not moving to heavy GPU compute and with two more CPU compute processors, for offloading two more GPU compute processors for offloading, and CLOUD for offloading only the ps4 will be behind. I seen NVIDIA do something you say it cant be done with 109 GPUs just think of the possibilities when having 100,000 GPUs together stop acting close minded because YOUR CONSOLE of CHOICE is not moving forward or taking a hella of a time to catch up.

edidili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 edidili
Member since 2004 • 3449 Posts

@tormentos said:

you can't stream complex process that happen inside the GPU over the internet,bandwidth doesn't allow

Of course you can't but maybe you can separate the game into parts. On what is rendered by the machine which would involve things that should not have latency, like pressing the button and jumping and shooting. NPCs reacting to what you do.

The other part, the part where latency is not that important can be rendered by a server and streamed to the machine. Stuff like what happens on the background, on static buildings, some flying ships blowing each other up. Basically stuff that are out of reach for the player so latency is not a big deal. For example say there is a huge battle game with the player count of total war but in third person. The local machine will handle only what's close to the player, what's far from him could be calculated by the server. This ally attacks that enemy, roll dice, win/lose. Servers can do that calculation and only sends back it in a form of video or maybe just rough data ( I did the calculations, x kills y so console just play the death animation for y)

The point of it all is to take some heavy lifting from the local machine so the console can use the resources for other things. However this not only sounds like some future mumbo jumbo we're not even close yet but even as a developing nightmare. Considering developing costs for games are already too high I doubt anyone will bother.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#78  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Latency and restrictions with streaming modern games. No mods, no custom settings, no higher resolutions, etc.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 tormentos

@edidili said:

Of course you can't but maybe you can separate the game into parts. On what is rendered by the machine which would involve things that should not have latency, like pressing the button and jumping and shooting. NPCs reacting to what you do.

The other part, the part where latency is not that important can be rendered by a server and streamed to the machine. Stuff like what happens on the background, on static buildings, some flying ships blowing each other up. Basically stuff that are out of reach for the player so latency is not a big deal. For example say there is a huge battle game with the player count of total war but in third person. The local machine will handle only what's close to the player, what's far from him could be calculated by the server. This ally attacks that enemy, roll dice, win/lose. Servers can do that calculation and only sends back it in a form of video or maybe just rough data ( I did the calculations, x kills y so console just play the death animation for y)

The point of it all is to take some heavy lifting from the local machine so the console can use the resources for other things. However this not only sounds like some future mumbo jumbo we're not even close yet but even as a developing nightmare. Considering developing costs for games are already too high I doubt anyone will bother.

Which is why i explained to you that outside few things you can't do much,because most process on the GPU need to be refresh every second.

Which is why MS is using the cloud for baked lighting or AI like on titanfall,outside of that few are the things,most process on the GPU require high bandwidth.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By tormentos

@Tighaman said:

@tormentos: you so stupid sometimes TORM I don't make theories I see possibilities I really think you are mad because no one really talks about the ps4 it is what it is an upgrade from the ps3 that's it the cam is have no better success than move and the graphics are the same engines upgraded to 1080p resolution that's it its stale as hell, GPU compute has nothing to do with LOCAL CLOUD COMPUTE so don't worry about ps4 doing it and the industry is not moving to heavy GPU compute and with two more CPU compute processors, for offloading two more GPU compute processors for offloading, and CLOUD for offloading only the ps4 will be behind. I seen NVIDIA do something you say it cant be done with 109 GPUs just think of the possibilities when having 100,000 GPUs together stop acting close minded because YOUR CONSOLE of CHOICE is not moving forward or taking a hella of a time to catch up.

No you see to much Mister X Media crap.

Funny that you say that because a little weaker and the xbox one would not be an upgrade over the xbox 360 at all.

Compute is compute dude WTF the cloud one is less useful because you are limited by a slow connection and latency while on GPU you are not.

Th Industry doesn't have to move to heavy GPU compute,just the PS4 does need and nothing that the industry does will stop sony from taking advantage out of it.

In fact you say the industry is not moving to heavy compute.? How the fu** do you think MS generate compute power from.? They have clusters of servers with very strong GPU and CPU dude and most use on those servers are not your normal GPU,they are way more expensive.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/tesla-supercomputing-solutions.html

The so call power the cloud has come from GPU and CPU on another host machine,so yeah that compute power is been generated by GPU compute already.

You are a total joke cloud computing can be use by any device,is not something exclusive to MS in fact MS is a damn newbie on this area.

Once again cloud is for dedicated servers outside of that little is what it can be done,and the xbox one will trail the PS4 all generation long you can mark that.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Shewgenja

@Tighaman said:

If ANYTHING, the XBox One is just an upgraded PS3. Entertainment Super Computer with a bunch of "cell hype" only "cloud" this time claiming to be an all-in-one system all while struggling to deliver games at the accepted HD format. Bonus points for being more difficult to develop games for, too. If the XBone was any more like the PS3, I'd swear to God that Ken Kuturagi designed the thing.

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Tighaman
Member since 2006 • 1038 Posts

@tormentos: Again just rambling on that nonsense I said the industry is not moving to heavy GPU COMPUTE, and you showed one link that I was already explaining and everyone cant use local cloud show me others that's doing local cloud GPU and CPU COMPUTE show me SONY doing it oh that's right they still waiting on you all to buy more games so they can buy more servers.

I don't really see how it is behind what resolution Im sorry I rather have 720 better textures than 1080p washed out or 900 with no jaggies at all than 1080p with minimal AA but hey to each its own

The AZURE CLOUD is the biggest cloud infrastructure and MS has unlimited resources its real and its coming rather you like it or not cry and tell the people its not possible like you work for MS but SONY tell you anything and you are giddy like a lil school girl but they are slow and stale like their games and the new console.

FragTycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 FragTycoon
Member since 2008 • 6430 Posts

Lems are stuck with this argument.

They can't discredit PlayStation Now with out making MS look like the marketing bull shieters they are.

The restrictions for streaming games is the same restricting for cloud computing, latency and bandwidth being top of the list.

The main difference is cloud gaming can work to a certain degree, the make-believe cloud computing MS pretended they could do is just laughable.

TLHBO... again

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

Other forms of entertainment that use streaming is irrelavant. Not a big deal if pressing pause takes a few milliseconds longer on Netflix than a dvd but an action performed in a game being delayed is a big deal. Sp will lag like p2p mp and mp cloud gaming would take lag to a whole new level.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#85 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

*Having fun playing awesome game*

*internet disconnects*

j2zon2591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 j2zon2591
Member since 2005 • 3571 Posts

It's part of the future.

Games will just have to be designed with latency in mind in the near future.. til they solve this latency.. if it can really even be solved with ISPs trying to slow down infrastructure development in certain countries.

way2funny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#87  Edited By way2funny
Member since 2003 • 4570 Posts

@navyguy21 said:

He means streaming games, not cloud computing............which he is correct.

Why do you think Onlive failed?

PC gamers know how unreliable internet streaming is, its bad enough for video itself.

To say that there wont be any lag is a lie plain and simple.

Even multiplayer games lag and you actually OWN those discs....

How is streaming games NOT cloud computing?

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

Sony seems to have a working service not surprised M$ is jelly. They hyped the cloud then they say the cloud is not the future typical M$. Valve has the steam os and soon M$ will bash that if they have not already.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By tormentos

@Tighaman said:

@tormentos: Again just rambling on that nonsense I said the industry is not moving to heavy GPU COMPUTE, and you showed one link that I was already explaining and everyone cant use local cloud show me others that's doing local cloud GPU and CPU COMPUTE show me SONY doing it oh that's right they still waiting on you all to buy more games so they can buy more servers.

I don't really see how it is behind what resolution Im sorry I rather have 720 better textures than 1080p washed out or 900 with no jaggies at all than 1080p with minimal AA but hey to each its own

The AZURE CLOUD is the biggest cloud infrastructure and MS has unlimited resources its real and its coming rather you like it or not cry and tell the people its not possible like you work for MS but SONY tell you anything and you are giddy like a lil school girl but they are slow and stale like their games and the new console.

That bold part is completely stupid,i showed you where in hell the power from the cloud comes from,machines with heavy CPU and GPU for compute,so yeah is compute on a GPU and is been done already,cloud computing is using machines that use very expensive GPU design for heavy compute.

So don't tell me the industry will not move,it has already tarted moving.cloud computing is part of that movement,those GPU are what power MS cloud.

And nothing has stoped sony ever from taking full advantage of the hardware they have,since the PS1 this is a fact,so yeah i am sure that games with heavy compute in mind are already been made, or are on early stage,

http://n4g.com/news/1283531/sony-of-course-ps4-can-do-cloud-computing#c-7770328

Oh i am sure sony isn't waiting and unlike cloud compute the one sony is working on,works with all consoles with all gamers regardless of you having or not internet,once again GPU compute is more efficient and deliver results in the same frame unlike cloud computing that works only on things that don't need to be refresh like AI or baked lighting,see how Titanfall uses the cloud and the game is been say to struggle to even hit 720p.?

Yeah that is because all the cloud is helping that game is with dedicated servers and bot AI,the game look average as hell.

lol..

Now 1080p has wash out textures...hahahahaa see post like this is what make you look desperate and stupid,Ghost and BF4 look better on PS4,and jaggies on the xbox one version are super easy to spot,thanks to been 720p oh and in BF4 case it runs 10 FPS faster than the xbox one version over all as well.

MS cloud is juts like any other cloud,is not even for the xbox one alone,is for MS products,it doesn't have unlimited power you moron,nothing has unlimited power now nothing,you should have take that as an indication of how MS was taking you for a moron,when they claim unlimited power,no there is no such thing as unlimited power on PC we all know it.

Once again you will look stupid 3 years from now when MS still behind in graphics and the so call power of the cloud doesn't arrive in the form you dreamed it.

@foxhound_fox said:

*internet disconnects*

Yep is the reason why 24 hours check ups were drop not always online will be there,a problem with your connection and any game that relies on internet for work will fail,either been from PSN now or MS cloud like Titanfall.

@way2funny said:

@navyguy21 said:

PC gamers know how unreliable internet streaming is, its bad enough for video itself.

Basically is one form,the compute is done on sony side and streamed to you.

way2funny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#90 way2funny
Member since 2003 • 4570 Posts

@tormentos said:

@Tighaman said:

That bold part is completely stupid,i showed you where in hell the power from the cloud comes from,machines with heavy CPU and GPU for compute,so yeah is compute on a GPU and is been done already,cloud computing is using machines that use very expensive GPU design for heavy compute.

So don't tell me the industry will not move,it has already tarted moving.cloud computing is part of that movement,those GPU are what power MS cloud.

And nothing has stoped sony ever from taking full advantage of the hardware they have,since the PS1 this is a fact,so yeah i am sure that games with heavy compute in mind are already been made, or are on early stage,

http://n4g.com/news/1283531/sony-of-course-ps4-can-do-cloud-computing#c-7770328

Oh i am sure sony isn't waiting and unlike cloud compute the one sony is working on,works with all consoles with all gamers regardless of you having or not internet,once again GPU compute is more efficient and deliver results in the same frame unlike cloud computing that works only on things that don't need to be refresh like AI or baked lighting,see how Titanfall uses the cloud and the game is been say to struggle to even hit 720p.?

Yeah that is because all the cloud is helping that game is with dedicated servers and bot AI,the game look average as hell.

lol..

Now 1080p has wash out textures...hahahahaa see post like this is what make you look desperate and stupid,Ghost and BF4 look better on PS4,and jaggies on the xbox one version are super easy to spot,thanks to been 720p oh and in BF4 case it runs 10 FPS faster than the xbox one version over all as well.

MS cloud is juts like any other cloud,is not even for the xbox one alone,is for MS products,it doesn't have unlimited power you moron,nothing has unlimited power now nothing,you should have take that as an indication of how MS was taking you for a moron,when they claim unlimited power,no there is no such thing as unlimited power on PC we all know it.

Once again you will look stupid 3 years from now when MS still behind in graphics and the so call power of the cloud doesn't arrive in the form you dreamed it.

@foxhound_fox said:

*internet disconnects*

Yep is the reason why 24 hours check ups were drop not always online will be there,a problem with your connection and any game that relies on internet for work will fail,either been from PSN now or MS cloud like Titanfall.

@way2funny said:

@navyguy21 said:

Basically is one form,the compute is done on sony side and streamed to you.

Exactly, Cloud computing and cloud storage are just buzz words for simple concepts that have been around since the internet, since the thought of client-server structures. They are just server side storage and server side computations. When you go to a website it is technically being 'cloud computed'