Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#451 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69474 Posts

@Sagemode87 said:

@i_p_daily: how come you didn't have the same energy towards MS when they gave you nothing but Crackdown last year and nothing this year lol. Oh I see, carry on.

Gears 5 was released last year. 😂

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#452 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

@Pedro: So nothing this year? Gears 5 kinda flopped hard. Would blame the gamepass model you guys praise so much. The game died fast in players. People tried it and left it. Micro transactions everywhere.

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#453 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts

@swampdonkeyz: I’d like to believe that quality over quantity matters but that isn’t always the case. And regardless of quality TES and Fallout will garner subscription sales.

Can MS push subscription numbers to make this game development model profitable? Who knows, but they’re going to be able to push for it for years, just look at Netflix.

Adapt or die.

SwampDonkeyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#454 SwampDonkeyz
Member since 2020 • 107 Posts

@Ibacai: I dunno man, I just got a feeling that that 3 billion market MS is banking on doesn't exist. Stadia has like 250k subscribers and it looks like Google is giving up already. MS is doing better but 15m is still not a lot when you consider they've been giving GP away practically for free with those $1 trials.

I also think there will be a ton of people like me, who hop in and out of the service to play specific titles. I basically played MS's entire exclusive catalogue for like $10 bucks... Now I paused my subscription and will just renew it when something like a new Doom comes out. Not sure if that's how MS will be making that $8 billion investment back anytime soon lol.

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#455 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts

@swampdonkeyz: it’s all a gamble, sure, but MS has deep pockets. Also take into account that GamePass isn’t all of the sales they will get, there will be physical and digital sales on both Xbox and PC.

And my whole point is that MS will push the model for years regardless of profits because of the believed payout.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#456 SUD123456  Online
Member since 2007 • 6949 Posts

@Sagemode87 said:

@Pedro: So nothing this year? Gears 5 kinda flopped hard. Would blame the gamepass model you guys praise so much. The game died fast in players. People tried it and left it. Micro transactions everywhere.

I am very much enjoying Wasteland 3 on gamepass.

SwampDonkeyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#457  Edited By SwampDonkeyz
Member since 2020 • 107 Posts

@Ibacai said:

@swampdonkeyz: it’s all a gamble, sure, but MS has deep pockets. Also take into account that GamePass isn’t all of the sales they will get, there will be physical and digital sales on both Xbox and PC.

And my whole point is that MS will push the model for years regardless of profits because of the believed payout.

Yeah, that is the scary part. MS has very deep pockets and their absolute faith in Xcloud and gamepass can be very disruptive for the gaming market as a whole. Especially if MS plans to buy more major studios.

The thing with gamepass is that it needs a whole lot of smaller A/AA titles and/or GAAS content. Because every month they'll want their users to be wondering "what's next?!". Because if MS would go the Sony route and release 1 or 2 big AAA titles, people will just hop in and out gp to play those specific titles.

That's why I would much rather see what they'll do with their own IPs before they go near any other studios. If you're an Xbox fan, of course you'll be super excited to see MS own those Bethesda IPs. But what if MS turns everything in GAAS or episodic content because that's the only way to keep people engaged with gamepass? Isn't that what's already happening with Halo and look how that turned out. Bethesda has already been going in that direction with Fallout 76 and Wolfenstein YB. Both resulted in horrible games that nobody would buy at retail. But the truth is, they would be perfect games for gamepass.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#458 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

Xbox Won!!

lol :P

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#459 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

lol

@SecretPolice said:

Xbox Won!!

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#460 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

@Heil68 said:

lol

@SecretPolice said:

Xbox Won!!

LOLOLOL :)

:P

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#461 loe12k
Member since 2013 • 3465 Posts

I just preordered on the back of this the series. Xbox willing to spend big to improve the game portfolio. The most powerful console plus they have more studios than Sony. In a few years xbox be good with all the new first party. Sony seems to be stuck in the past with adding new things for customers.

hdb_withab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#462 hdb_withab
Member since 2020 • 44 Posts

they havent bought zenimax yet btw. that wont happen until maybe the end of next year.