Microsoft increases ad support on Xbox Live.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Pikachu69er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Pikachu69er
Member since 2012 • 1381 Posts

As I've said before, until PS3 has: 1. Party chat so I can talk to friends without playing the same game 2. A multiplayer shooter anywhere near as good as Halo or Gears of War I will gladly pay for Live. Ads or no ads, I don't care.Plagueless

Uncharted 3 has a higher metacritic there for it's multiplayer is vastly surperior

DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#102 DraugenCP
Member since 2006 • 8486 Posts

The less ads the better I'd say.

But apart from that sentiment, it's a bit strange that you pay quite a lot of money for something and still end up getting milked some more (be it indirectly) with advertisements.

metal_zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 metal_zombie
Member since 2004 • 2288 Posts
If they add more ads does that mean they are going reduce the cost of of xbl subscription
randomguy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#104 randomguy15
Member since 2008 • 1981 Posts

[QUOTE="Plagueless"]As I've said before, until PS3 has: 1. Party chat so I can talk to friends without playing the same game 2. A multiplayer shooter anywhere near as good as Halo or Gears of War I will gladly pay for Live. Ads or no ads, I don't care.Pikachu69er

Uncharted 3 has a higher metacritic there for it's multiplayer is vastly surperior

Halo 3 and Reach have a higher metacritic then Uncharted 3, also you can't seriously think that a higher metacritic score means that the multiplayer is vastly superior.. Please tell me you don't really think that..

senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#105 senses_fail_06
Member since 2006 • 7033 Posts
If they add more ads does that mean they are going reduce the cost of of xbl subscription metal_zombie
This is Microshaft we are talking about here. We could very well be seeing an incline soon.
Virtua_Souls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Virtua_Souls
Member since 2012 • 267 Posts

Oh good grief, not more ads! I already pay for Xbox Live, why do you need to put ads everywhere MS?? :x

Pikachu69er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Pikachu69er
Member since 2012 • 1381 Posts

[QUOTE="Pikachu69er"]

[QUOTE="Plagueless"]As I've said before, until PS3 has: 1. Party chat so I can talk to friends without playing the same game 2. A multiplayer shooter anywhere near as good as Halo or Gears of War I will gladly pay for Live. Ads or no ads, I don't care.randomguy15

Halo 3 and Reach have a higher metacritic then Uncharted 3, also you can't seriously think that a higher metacritic score means that the multiplayer is vastly superior.. Please tell me you don't really think that..

Halo reach has a metacritic of 91, uncharted 3 has a metacritic of 92.

and uncharted 2 has a higher metacritic then halo 3

:lol:

Plus i have played halo and it's terrible, uncharted 3 has the most unique multiplayer experience to date and the community is great also

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#108 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
If they add more ads does that mean they are going reduce the cost of of xbl subscription metal_zombie
microsoft will never lower the cost of XBL. Microsoft doesn't care about the fans..just want to keep money flowing out of the 360. They made that pretty clear when asked about the lack of games releasing this year for the 360. They forgot why they even got into the console business in the first place.
metal_zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 metal_zombie
[QUOTE="metal_zombie"]If they add more ads does that mean they are going reduce the cost of of xbl subscription senses_fail_06
This is Microshaft we are talking about here. We could very well be seeing an incline soon.

See i dont have promble with ads but you would think that if u pay you would see less of them or maybe pay less money right?
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
[QUOTE="senses_fail_06"][QUOTE="metal_zombie"]If they add more ads does that mean they are going reduce the cost of of xbl subscription metal_zombie

See i dont have promble with ads but you would think that if u pay you would see less of them or maybe pay less money right?

yes..you would think that,but microsoft likes to view their fanbase as idiots. Hell..360 fanboys didn't even put up a fight when the fee was raised.
Nohtnym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Nohtnym
Member since 2010 • 1552 Posts

[QUOTE="senses_fail_06"][QUOTE="metal_zombie"]If they add more ads does that mean they are going reduce the cost of of xbl subscription metal_zombie

Well that is the premise of ads usually. To run free sites,services etc.

This is just microsoft wanting more money.

And I have feeling we are going to see xbox live gold price upped. Microsoft did that 2 years ago.

metal_zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 metal_zombie
[QUOTE="metal_zombie"]If they add more ads does that mean they are going reduce the cost of of xbl subscription lawlessx
microsoft will never lower the cost of XBL. Microsoft doesn't care about the fans..just want to keep money flowing out of the 360. They made that pretty clear when asked about the lack of games releasing this year for the 360. They forgot why they even got into the console business in the first place.

They got into the console business to make money sony should ads as well. The problem i see with wat they are doing is you pay and still see ads & now more of them with no price cuts in xbl subscription wtf
jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 jessejay420
Member since 2011 • 4091 Posts
Go on lembots, bend over and defend your daddy.Eddie-Vedder
oookay :?
arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

I don't see the problem of them increasing the amount of ads. It's not like you are able to game online or use Netflix / Facebook on any other platform. If you want to play games online, you have to subscribe to Xbox Live. PC, PS3 and Wii don't even offer the ability to play games online or the ability to use Netflix or Facebook, it can only be done on an Xbox 360.

TintedEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 TintedEyes
Member since 2009 • 4769 Posts

I find it funny how every cow seems to forget the PSN hacking, isolated idenity theft victims, and how PSN goes down quite frequently. Let's not forget how they were down for like 2 months because of the hacks. But all cows say is it's free free free!! HA take that lems you must pay 100 dollarz for **** servicez herp herp. You get what you pay for, and with my time on PSN I found it bland and much worse of a UI

randomguy15

people got hacked on xbl as well, so the price doesnt seem to be helping with security

Nohtnym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Nohtnym

I don't see the problem of them increasing the amount of ads. It's not like you are able to game online or use Netflix / Facebook on any other platform. If you want to play games online, you have to subscribe to Xbox Live. PC, PS3 and Wii don't even offer the ability to play games online or the ability to use Netflix or Facebook, it can only be done on an Xbox 360.

arkephonic

What?

You lie. You lie to defend microsofts decision to put ads on paid service.

Lemmings low, so low...

randomguy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 randomguy15

[QUOTE="randomguy15"]

I find it funny how every cow seems to forget the PSN hacking, isolated idenity theft victims, and how PSN goes down quite frequently. Let's not forget how they were down for like 2 months because of the hacks. But all cows say is it's free free free!! HA take that lems you must pay 100 dollarz for **** servicez herp herp. You get what you pay for, and with my time on PSN I found it bland and much worse of a UI

TintedEyes

people got hacked on xbl as well, so the price doesnt seem to be helping with security

No, the people who got hacked on XBL was there own doing. They got tricked. Also XBL didn't go down because of it. There was a huge difference in the PSN hacks and the XBL hacks. PSN was done no matter what you did to protect your account.

TintedEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 TintedEyes

[QUOTE="TintedEyes"]

[QUOTE="randomguy15"]

randomguy15

No, the people who got hacked on XBL was there own doing. They got tricked. Also XBL didn't go down because of it. There was a huge difference in the PSN hacks and the XBL hacks. PSN was done no matter what you did to protect your account.

actually no, that wasn't the fault of the user, their account wasn't protected well enough and cc exploited and because of that they cant go online for a month.
randomguy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 randomguy15

[QUOTE="randomguy15"]

[QUOTE="TintedEyes"]people got hacked on xbl as well, so the price doesnt seem to be helping with security

TintedEyes

actually no, that wasn't the fault of the user, their account wasn't protected well enough and cc exploited and because of that they cant go online for a month.

I've never heard of that happening. Links? Not saying you're lying I just want to read up on it. And also yes most hacks were at the fault of the user. And XBL wasn't down for months.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts
They'll raise the price again because "maintenance" cost have increased..lulz
navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#121 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17458 Posts

[QUOTE="TintedEyes"][QUOTE="randomguy15"]No, the people who got hacked on XBL was there own doing. They got tricked. Also XBL didn't go down because of it. There was a huge difference in the PSN hacks and the XBL hacks. PSN was done no matter what you did to protect your account.

randomguy15

I've never heard of that happening. Links? Not saying you're lying I just want to read up on it. And also yes most hacks were at the fault of the user. And XBL wasn't down for months.

He is referring to people's accounts being compromised through other games' servers like the FIFA thing, but it was through EAs servers, NOT MSs. The "Live" related hacks were through phishing scams where people willingly gave out their info for "free" points, COD perks, are game assistance
randomguy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 randomguy15

[QUOTE="randomguy15"]

[QUOTE="TintedEyes"] actually no, that wasn't the fault of the user, their account wasn't protected well enough and cc exploited and because of that they cant go online for a month.navyguy21

He is referring to people's accounts being compromised through other games' servers like the FIFA thing, but it was through EAs servers, NOT MSs. The "Live" related hacks were through phishing scams where people willingly gave out their info for "free" points, COD perks, are game assistance

I hate to admit this but I got scammed by the FIFA thing, it was an ad on FB of all places that just asked for your cell phone number and email adress and I gave it to them to see hwat the catch was, well I got hacked by the FIFA guy and had about 20 dollars worth of microsoft points stolen, embrassing I know. So yeah like I said the fault of the users not microsoft or XBL, it was all sony's fault on that hack.

Plagueless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Plagueless
Member since 2010 • 2569 Posts

[QUOTE="Plagueless"]As I've said before, until PS3 has: 1. Party chat so I can talk to friends without playing the same game 2. A multiplayer shooter anywhere near as good as Halo or Gears of War I will gladly pay for Live. Ads or no ads, I don't care.ShadowMoses900

So your paying $60 a year just for party chat and to play a two games online?

Because that's what you just said. Just paying for party chat and two games.

Yup, because I can't do it anywhere else. Kind of like how businesses spend more money to have coke in their restaurant instead of Pepsi.
TintedEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 TintedEyes

[QUOTE="TintedEyes"][QUOTE="randomguy15"]No, the people who got hacked on XBL was there own doing. They got tricked. Also XBL didn't go down because of it. There was a huge difference in the PSN hacks and the XBL hacks. PSN was done no matter what you did to protect your account.

randomguy15

most maybe, but it still happened to people where it wasnt their fault on xbl http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=442986 http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=451055 http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=449608
immortality20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#125 immortality20
Member since 2005 • 8546 Posts

Couldn't care less, to be honest. Be nice if they advertise great XBLA games more often.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
why would ms make exclusives when they have poor saps buying xbl and getting revenue from ads.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="mems_1224"] who wants psn to charge? People want it to not suck. Theres a difference ShadowMoses900

Lol, PSN doesn't suck. It's as superior as Xbox Live. What more would you ask for apart from online gaming, PS Store, messaging, etc?

He was just trying to justify his price, don't be so sensitive.

Also he likes to troll alot, so don't take him too seriously.

not really. The price doesnt bother me considering how much enjoyment its given me. Plus i havent payed for it in years. Giftcards ftw! Lol
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]what i would ask is that i be able to grab a few of my friends put them in a party and be able to keep us all together and able to speak and joke around and rag on each other the entire time we game together.

then if we want to play a different game to keep us all together and launch us into the new game.

now i know that is not a big deal to many of you here and you don't game that way but once you have it is a bummer to go back to psn and wonder if the game you are trying to play even has chat or friends list support.

Riverwolf007

Meh, a party chat... I couldn't care less about that feature and yet Microsoft still charge you £40 to use the service. Not worth it, buddy.

All that is needed is online gaming, friends list, messaging and PS Store. They are the "core" features. I couldn't ask for more.

i'm not talking about just chat i'm talking about being able to put together a squad for battlefield or whatever then dropping the same group of people into a team race in dirt 2 or a vs match in gears and it keeping you all together and making it quick and painless to do.

there is nothing even close to that on psn and the way sony runs psn you are lucky to even get a friends list support at all.

hell, look at gran turismo, that game didn't even have friends list support, to find your buddys you either scrolled through hundreds of races to find the ones they are in OR you typed in a 20 digit code.

a 20 digit code...... in sonys flagship racer.

if lame crap like that ever happened in a 360 title you dudes would never let lems live it down.

exactly. Xbl just makes everything so quick and easy. Trying to play dc universe with some friends and i just wanted to break my mic lol.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="Grawse"]How soon until there are 15 second pre roll ads when starting your game?ShadowMoses900

Oh god. I'd commit suicide if that happens.

Well you might not want to watch this:

Interactive TV Ads and Ad Sharing - Microsoft Advertising - YouTube

Basically MS is going to encourage people to share ads with their freinds over XBL and upload them to Twitter and Facebook ect...and some of these ads are going to be "interactive" with Kinect. The CEO in the video goes on to say that "Teenagers are social creatures" and that "they enjoy sharing things they are exposed too"

That basically confirms the Xbox's target audience are kids. Just look at the dashboard layout, big colorful boxes with cartoon disney-like avatars.

teenagers watch cartoon disney? righttt...mind you no person under the age of 20 owns a ps3...maybe thats why ps3 games dont sell compared to the wii or 360...
ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

Smart business move for MS.

If I owned the company I would expoit that herd of cattle they call "customers."

However as a consumer, I'd never join that herd.

Sony treats their customers better imo.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 WilliamRLBaker

[QUOTE="navyguy21"]Why does it seem like only cows that are worried about Live fees, Ads, prices, etc?ShadowMoses900

Why does it seem like only lems care about PSN being free and wanting them to charge, cross game chat ect...?

um pretty sure cows like you cared about cross game chat and party chat...But but but but but wait it will be in the next update...it will be in this update, no this one... till one day. Sony: yeah...party chat is pretty much impossible on the ps3 we will have it on the vita but the ps3's memory architecture was stupid when we made it sorry about that we wanted to get cheap bluray players into homes we didn't really care about the games at the time.
StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

Why is it that I play Xbox live every day, yet I NEVER see ads, or even acknowlege that these alleged "ads" exist, until I come to system wars?

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 WilliamRLBaker

[QUOTE="metal_zombie"][QUOTE="senses_fail_06"]No, the people who got hacked on XBL was there own doing. They got tricked. Also XBL didn't go down because of it. There was a huge difference in the PSN hacks and the XBL hacks. PSN was done no matter what you did to protect your account.

lawlessx

no he is lying the recent ""hacks"" were all sourced outside of microsoft servers or on a user level, EA forums may have been hacked, BUT quite a few people were answering free ms point pms, free achievements...etc and just gave away their info then got pissed. so yes tinted is lying his guts out.
P.S: no posts on neogaf change that neogaf is not the bastion of truth in this world or on the internet.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 WilliamRLBaker

My personal opinion is this.
This is the reason I won't be renewing my xbox live subscription in june of 2013 I refuse to pay for a service and also watch ad's. So far 2 people have said you can disable 3rd party ad's on the dashboard I know of no way to do this and I'm an xbox ambassador am able to go onto raptr,msn messenger or any chat program that allows for access to msn messenger and answer questions that users post to the ambassdor bots. Now while you can opt out of 3rd party advertisments to your email and such I know of no way to disable such ad's on your dashboard so I would appreciate If instructions were posted on how to do this. The only other way I know of is by blocking access to certain advertisement servers through your router which is spotty at best *its only ever worked for me once and it worked for a day*

Microsoft makes record profits off xbox live fee's, advertisements, and downloadable content there is no reason for them to have ad's and if they have ad's then they need to get rid of xbox live fee's, I had no problem with the ad's with the last dashboard there were few of them gaming was given prominence, the latest dashboard is 30 ad's full compared to only 5 on the last dashboard, And the ad's take up far more space then they ever did before with your gaming given far smaller presence.

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

My personal opinion is this.
This is the reason I won't be renewing my xbox live subscription in june of 2013 I refuse to pay for a service and also watch ad's. So far 2 people have said you can disable 3rd party ad's on the dashboard I know of no way to do this and I'm an xbox ambassador am able to go onto raptr,msn messenger or any chat program that allows for access to msn messenger and answer questions that users post to the ambassdor bots. Now while you can opt out of 3rd party advertisments to your email and such I know of no way to disable such ad's on your dashboard so I would appreciate If instructions were posted on how to do this. The only other way I know of is by blocking access to certain advertisement servers through your router which is spotty at best *its only ever worked for me once and it worked for a day*

Microsoft makes record profits off xbox live fee's, advertisements, and downloadable content there is no reason for them to have ad's and if they have ad's then they need to get rid of xbox live fee's, I had no problem with the ad's with the last dashboard there were few of them gaming was given prominence, the latest dashboard is 30 ad's full compared to only 5 on the last dashboard, And the ad's take up far more space then they ever did before with your gaming given far smaller presence.
WilliamRLBaker

Good opinion.

I won't go as far as to say Xbox 360 is "bad value" it's not.

It's a good system. Very good. Rivals anything I have used.

But on a personal enjoyment level, ads do suck out the fun of the system, make it alot less personal and alot less fun to use.

So while MS is getting more profits from ads, they are also certainly losing some customers such as myself who don't enjoy grotesquely commercial environments, and prefer a more "clean" interface that feels more homey and intimate.

I have been unsubscribed from Xbox Live for 3 weeks now and playing on my PS3 mostly. It feels good so far.

Only bad thing is I miss some of my friends on Xbox Live.

aia89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#136 aia89
Member since 2009 • 2828 Posts

that video received almost 8000 dislikes. I guess the 210 likes come from Microsoft's employees.

I lost faith in Microsoft and I own an xbox 360, but it's become a matter of principle and I will stick to pc gaming mostly and play some nintendo games. Ps3 is still good to watch bluray moives. but the 360? I really have no idea what to do with it.

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts

arkephonic

What? You can play online and use Netflix on PS3.

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#138 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/169153/Microsoft_expands_network_of_TVlike_ads_on_Xbox_Live.php

Microsoft has to make money somehow!

GameShtopper
Why you hate MS so much?
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 WilliamRLBaker

[QUOTE="arkephonic"]

GamerwillzPS

What? You can play online and use Netflix on PS3.

I'm pretty sure he was being stupid and sarcastic.
Avatar image for WithoutGraceXII
WithoutGraceXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 WithoutGraceXII
Member since 2007 • 1797 Posts
Paying is lame, ads are whatever.
Strutten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Strutten
Member since 2008 • 1263 Posts

Yep you sure do get what you pay for right Lems?

Only thing you can do with a Gold subscription that you can't do with a Silver subscription is online play and Party Chat, oh and Netflix access as well as Facebook and Twitter. But you don't pay the fee for that stuff, you just pay it to play online, which is FREE everywhere else.

It's funny (and sad) that there are people that actually defend this crap, they are the reason why MS get's away with this and they are to blame when MS raises the price of XBL (which they will do again, mark my words, we all know it's going to happen again down the road).

XBL is nothing more than a rental service, you don't fully own your games, you just own a portion of them and MS owns the rest.

ShadowMoses900

not sure if serious or just dumb..

Strutten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Strutten
Member since 2008 • 1263 Posts

[QUOTE="Karnage108"][QUOTE="TintedEyes"] None on steam like liveYoshiYogurt
You can play on the 360 without seeing any ads. If you want to download game content, you get ads for game content. If you want to look at random stuff unrelated to gaming, you get random ads unrelated to gaming. Sounds like the same thing to me.

Steam is a store. My xbox is not my local gamestop or target.

hilarious seriously, why is it cows care so much about this ? :lol:

Nohtnym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Nohtnym

[QUOTE="GameShtopper"]

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/169153/Microsoft_expands_network_of_TVlike_ads_on_Xbox_Live.php

dommeus

Why you hate MS so much?

I can tell why I dislike MS's gaming division now.

Overpriced 360 accessories.

ONLINE GAMING (forget party chat and other service thing) costs. Most of 360 games use p2p system anyway, meaning it uses your consoles and internet (which you pay/paid). Besides battlefield servers are upkeeped by EA, not MS. So if I already pay battlefield 3 (which gives me multiplayer). Why the fvck I have to pay gold live to play it online. I can understand party chat, its upkeeped by microsoft servers. Split service and online gaming.

MS points system is scam

Too much focus on kinect now. They have about 10 first party developers? 2 of the makes non kinect games, 343 and turn 10 (forza has kinect support too). I think they focus too much on "casuals" now, case in point fable series. Im going to give them plus for Halo 4. It looks great.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

people pay for cable and dont moan bout ads.

XBL is ran as a for profit system, sure MS is gonna expose it as much as possible, outside this board i bet around 90% of gamers dont care.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 WilliamRLBaker

[QUOTE="dommeus"][QUOTE="GameShtopper"]

Nohtnym

Why you hate MS so much?

ONLINE GAMING (forget party chat and other service thing) costs. Most of 360 games use p2p system anyway, meaning it uses your consoles and internet (which you pay/paid). Besides battlefield servers are upkeeped by EA, not MS. So if I already pay battlefield 3 (which gives me multiplayer). Why the fvck I have to pay gold live to play it online. I can understand party chat, its upkeeped by microsoft servers. Split service and online gaming.

MS points system is scam

Too much focus on kinect now. They have about 10 first party developers? 2 of the makes non kinect games, 343 and turn 10 (forza has kinect support too). I think they focus too much on "casuals" now, case in point fable series. Im going to give them plus for Halo 4. It looks great.

lets see. 1.ps3 accessories are just as expensive as 360 ones, controller, headset, usb cables, hdmi cables...etc all as pricey you can infact find play and charge kit controller combos for cheaper than a ps3 controller by way, the only thing you have is wifi adaptor *which can be cut down remarkably far by getting an wireless ethernet bridge for like 30 bucks.* and hard drives. 2.The majority of ps3 games are p2p with dedicated server games in the minority. 3.The point system isn't a scam as long as you know how to use it well...and infact with bing rewards you can cheat the system quite easily and get alot of ms points.
Nohtnym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Nohtnym

[QUOTE="Nohtnym"]

[QUOTE="dommeus"] Why you hate MS so much?WilliamRLBaker

MS points system is scam

lets see. 1.ps3 accessories are just as expensive as 360 ones, controller, headset, usb cables, hdmi cables...etc all as pricey you can infact find play and charge kit controller combos for cheaper than a ps3 controller by way, the only thing you have is wifi adaptor *which can be cut down remarkably far by getting an wireless ethernet bridge for like 30 bucks.* and hard drives. 2.The majority of ps3 games are p2p with dedicated server games in the minority. 3.The point system isn't a scam as long as you know how to use it well...and infact with bing rewards you can cheat the system quite easily and get alot of ms points.

What...

I didnt speak anything about ps3. Neither did the guy who I quoted. Fact remains 360 accessories are overpriced.

My point about p2p is that its uses your consoles (which you paid) and you internet(isp, which you are paying), it doesnt use MS servers (except party chat, but I pointed "split online gaming and service", they cant do it anymore though).

I dont use bing, nice if you get bonuses. Still I think MS point system is scam. Ms should already switch to real currency, not use bullsh*t.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44277 Posts

In other news, mah cable rates keep going up and to add insult to injury, the frequency of Commercials on those cable stations seem to be increasing at even a faster rate. :o

Just who do these freakin for profit companies think they are anyway. :twisted:

On topic, haven't noticed. :P

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 WilliamRLBaker

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"][QUOTE="Nohtnym"]

MS points system is scam

Nohtnym

What...

I didnt speak anything about ps3. Neither did the guy who I quoted. Fact remains 360 accessories are overpriced.

My point about p2p is that its uses your consoles (which you paid) and you internet(isp, which you are paying), it doesnt use MS servers (except party chat, but I pointed "split online gaming and service", they cant do it anymore though).

I dont use bing, nice if you get bonuses. Still I think MS point system is scam. Ms should already switch to real currency, not use bullsh*t.

then you need to be equally be damning of ps3 products, and pc products *I believe some pc products are overpriced have you seen some of the gaming keyboards?* and Wii products because they are all overpriced.
LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts

to all the lems defending this, i bought you ppl something...

Anal_Lube.jpg

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

people pay for cable and dont moan bout ads.

XBL is ran as a for profit system, sure MS is gonna expose it as much as possible, outside this board i bet around 90% of gamers dont care.

razgriz_101
I don't understand why people haven't made a major fuss about ads (for TV). Especially premium channels like Sky Movies/Sports, surely the fee you are paying for them specific channels should cover the cost (like the BBC does). Watching NFL and having adverts every 4 minutes rather than some decent commentary or extras to fill the time is ridiculous. People complained about the massive logos on channels taking up half the screen, so most channels have removed them or toned them down now, if enough complained I'm sure they would remove ads too, or at least move them to less obtrusive moments like they do with football have them at half time, then not again until after the match. I can imagine them trying to stick in some ads when the ball goes out of play or when a free kick happens, or do what ITV do and accidentally stick an ad on during the game when they are about to score... I hate how most American shows are like just over 30 minutes long but they stretch them out to 60 minutes with ads every 5 minutes, totally ruins the immersion.