Microsoft:"Difference between X1 and PS4 Marginal"

• 192 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/microsoft-marginal-difference-in-tech-specs-between-xbox-one-and-ps4-23547

The difference in technical specs between PlayStation 4 and Xbox One won't play any significant role in the forthcoming console war, according to Alan Bowman, Microsoft’s Australasian vice president of retail sales and marketing.

Speaking to

Gameplanet

in a recent interview, Bowman explained:

We’ve got a unique value proposition, and from just a pure specs perspective it’s always gonna be a fairly marginal difference. The purists are gonna argue the toss, but I think it comes down to the games.

You’re gonna see great exclusive games on Xbox One, and when you look at the cross-platform games, and there’s gonna be exclusive content on Xbox One. We’d like to be in more markets – this is a global business – but it’s also a long-term business, and we’ll progressively launch in more markets over the coming year.

Argue the toss....

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

seems legit

Carbon_Le

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Carbon_Le
Member since 2006 • 185 Posts

Sure it is...lol. Microflop at its best with that damage control.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

bahahahajahahahahahahshahasbahahahajahahahahahahshahasbahahahajahahahahahahshahasbahahahajahahahahahahshahasbahahahajahahahahahahshahasbahahahajahahahahahahshahasbahahahajahahahahahahshahasbahahahajahahahahahahshahas

bonaire gaming lol !!!!

bahahahajahahahahahahshahas

MS still thinks gamers are stupid

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By lostrib

@lglz1337 said:

bahahahajahahahahahahshahasbahahahajahahahahahahshahasbahahahajahahahahahahshahasbahahahajahahahahahahshahasbahahahajahahahahahahshahasbahahahajahahahahahahshahasbahahahajahahahahahahshahasbahahahajahahahahahahshahas

bonaire gaming lol !!!!

bahahahajahahahahahahshahas

MS still thinks gamers are stupid

Well if they're like you, then they probably are pretty stupid

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 Crypt_mx
Member since 2007 • 4739 Posts

Microsoft is only doing more harm by announcing things like this, it's only really mindless cows who believe there is some crazy gap between the consoles anyway. But when they say things like this, in this way, it makes it seem like they are doing damage control and it just fuels the fire.

MS needs to just put out amazing exclusives and let that do the talking. Once people see that multi-plats are identical and xbox is killing it with exclusives no ones going to give a dam about a power difference.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

"according to Alan Bowman, Microsoft’s Australasian vice president of retail sales and marketing."

/thread

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By lglz1337

@lostrib: sip it i told you this before

not gonna own you again

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@lostrib said:

seems legit

We'll know for sure come this years E3. At this point right now, there are no games on either system that looks significantly better then the others. Gameplay & Fun >>>>>>>>. Graphics anyways.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lostrib

@lglz1337 said:

@lostrib: sip it i told you this before

not gonna own you again

"sip it" what does that even mean?

do you mean "zip it"?

I don't think you've owned anyone before. At least not on this alt account

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

@lostrib said:

seems legit

Yeah because a MS rep said it. Not the most objective source huh?

Seriously, they need to stop focusing on damage control and focus on their customers (gamers) if they want to compete at all with PS4. So far most of their purchases have probably (most likely) been from diehard xbox fans.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lglz1337

@lostrib: bla bla bla

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lostrib

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

@lostrib said:

seems legit

Seriously, they need to stop focusing on damage control and focus on their customers (gamers) if they want to compete at all with PS4. So far most of their purchases have probably (most likely) been from diehard xbox fans.

Not just that, he's the VP of marketing. It's pretty much his job to spin PR and sell shit

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lostrib

@lglz1337 said:

@lostrib: bla bla bla

I see I have rendered you speechless. I'll take that as a win

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jakandsigz

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

@lostrib said:

seems legit

In australia they have no reason to damage control

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lostrib

@Jakandsigz said:

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

@lostrib said:

seems legit

...because?

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lglz1337

@lostrib: yes you win need a cake ? SW psychopaat haha

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By lostrib

@lglz1337 said:

@lostrib: yes you win need a cake ? SW psychopaat haha

whoa whoa whoa...we have cake?

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

@Jakandsigz said:

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

@lostrib said:

seems legit

... they're still doing hardcore DC. Excuses don't count as good marketing.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Jakandsigz

@lostrib said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

@lostrib said:

seems legit

...because?

The Xbox One is the best selling n- why am I even trying to pretend you think.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:

"according to Alan Bowman, Microsoft’s Australasian vice president of retail sales and marketing."

/thread

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#22 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

I dont care if it is or it isnt. I just want to see beautifull games with fantastic artsyle. There are dozens of technically astounding games that without the proper artsyle just look ugly in comparison to other less technicaly accomplished games with amazing artsyle. Take the souls series for ex... mediocre graphics but with fantastic artstyle.

TheTruthIsREAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TheTruthIsREAL
Member since 2013 • 813 Posts

The differences are larger than last gen. That's for sure.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@Jakandsigz said:

http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/microsoft-marginal-difference-in-tech-specs-between-xbox-one-and-ps4-23547

The difference in technical specs between PlayStation 4 and Xbox One won't play any significant role in the forthcoming console war, according to Alan Bowman, Microsoft’s Australasian vice president of retail sales and marketing.

Speaking to

Gameplanet

We’ve got a unique value proposition, and from just a pure specs perspective it’s always gonna be a fairly marginal difference. The purists are gonna argue the toss, but I think it comes down to the games.

You’re gonna see great exclusive games on Xbox One, and when you look at the cross-platform games, and there’s gonna be exclusive content on Xbox One. We’d like to be in more markets – this is a global business – but it’s also a long-term business, and we’ll progressively launch in more markets over the coming year.

Argue the toss....

Only americans will bite to that ... rest of the world is like = Gtfo M$

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@AzatiS said:

@Jakandsigz said:

Speaking to

Gameplanet

Argue the toss....

and yet which company is worth over 200 billion and which is projected to be bankrupt in 2 years? I think the rest of the world is saying "put up or shut up" and that is certainly something MS has to do in terms of being available in all countries and having features ready to go. As for the guys comments, meh, show me great games and great features and that's all I care about.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

How many 360s are the difference in floating point operations? HAH!

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By AzatiS

@shawn30 said:

@AzatiS said:

@Jakandsigz said:

Speaking to

Gameplanet

Argue the toss....

and yet which company is worth over 200 billion and which is projected to be bankrupt in 2 years? I think the rest of the world is saying "put up or shut up" and that is certainly something MS has to do in terms of being available in all countries and having features ready to go. As for the guys comments, meh, show me great games and great features and that's all I care about.

And yet a worth of 200 billion company letting all braindead Xbox 360 fans without ANY games while the one that is projected to be bankrupt in 2 years supporting PS3... Irony right ?!

So , i dont give a crap which company worths what . As you said bring me games is all i need. Sony supporting their consoles and their customers with super titles and all like forever !! They proved that with PS1/PS2 and even with PS3 despite the... bankrupt talks!! Isnt that insane ? How many exclusives for X360 from the 200billion company in 2013? 1 ?!! Was it 1 !?!! rofl

And dont get me started which company offers the best exclusives when it comes to quantity AND quality of genres. All you little lemmings can talk about are shooting games. Even Forza 5 , a next-gen title was worse than GT6 when GT6 wasnt even a good GT game to begin with. Sony can be proud about actions / adventures / shootings / RPGs / platforms / Racing / Simulation racing and more ... M$ CANT compete when it comes to variety , period. Let alone with that massive support Sony providing for many many years , even after their next-gen console is out. I know beforehand that ill be getting massive games till PS5 and beyond.

So keep this worth to yourself , im not biting of these craps. It seems mainly americans biting ..i wont!

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 lostrib

@Jakandsigz said:

@lostrib said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

@lostrib said:

seems legit

...because?

I think on a daily basis unfortunately. What does sales in Australia have to do with damage control, since any reasonable person would realize that whatever he said would/could be spread globally across the internet. Nor does he seem to be speaking about just Australia but the overall situation between X1 and PS4

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 lostrib

@AzatiS said:

@Jakandsigz said:

Speaking to

Gameplanet

Argue the toss....

Except for that not being even remotely true

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

Well of course Microsoft would say that... What is he meant to say?

"Well actually, the Xbox One is actually a fair bit weaker, even though we charge more for it than the PS4" ?!

GamingGod999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 GamingGod999
Member since 2011 • 3135 Posts

Dat damage control.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

I agree. The third party publishers want to keep both MS and Sony happy so they will make the games run the same on both platforms. The first party games will show the difference though.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

Both consoles are weaksauce so yeah I can see the difference being marginal. Just look at the multiplats. Ps4 is just at hire resolutions but the assets are usually the same or similar.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By AzatiS

@lostrib said:

@AzatiS said:

@Jakandsigz said:

Speaking to

Gameplanet

Argue the toss....

Except for that not being even remotely true

Consoles like Xbox , X360 even N64 would have been ... in depths of hell if it wasnt for american people. I think thats the case with Xbox one as well. Now that theres a solid alternative ( which wasnt the case with PS3 for too many reasons ) who will save the day for M$ !!? US/Canada that is IF that is possible. Time will tell.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By lglz1337

@AzatiS: OWNED!!!

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#36  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@blackace said:

@lostrib said:

seems legit

We'll know for sure come this years E3. At this point right now, there are no games on either system that looks significantly better then the others. Gameplay & Fun >>>>>>>>. Graphics anyways.

Well said. Like a company man was going to say "they have stronger specs". And then he gets blamed or called out for it, for doing the keep my fvckin job PR. Like anyone here would do differently

StriateEnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 StriateEnd
Member since 2013 • 521 Posts

Wth did you expect a MS vice president for marketing would say? His job is to sell the damn thing. Why would he go out of his to way to say the X1 is much weaker? Ofc he's going to spin and damage control. That's what he's getting paid for you dumb ass

Do you just scour the internet for the smallest of xbone "news" and try to make a thread about it?

Jesus, a thread about a damn quote from a marketing person... Get a life mate.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Jakandsigz

@AzatiS said:

@Jakandsigz said:

Speaking to

Gameplanet

Argue the toss....

You seem to think the Xbox 360 sold 80 million in America for some reason.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:

/thread

Beat me to it

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Crypt_mx said:

Microsoft is only doing more harm by announcing things like this, it's only really mindless cows who believe there is some crazy gap between the consoles anyway. But when they say things like this, in this way, it makes it seem like they are doing damage control and it just fuels the fire.

MS needs to just put out amazing exclusives and let that do the talking. Once people see that multi-plats are identical and xbox is killing it with exclusives no ones going to give a dam about a power difference.

Yeah because 720p vs 1080p is identical..

What exclusives the xbox one has to kill anything on PS4,if anything people know sony support their hardware more and is not scare to create new series,unlike MS the xbox 360 had basically the same 3 games on a mery go round for years.

@blackace said:

@lostrib said:

seems legit

Really what do you have another secret sauce.?

Really because multiplatform are superior on PS4,considering how Ghost is not even 900p on xbox one,i would not dare say will see.

If that is how you feel you should have stay with those fun games on xbox 360 and save the $560 you pay for the xbox one,since you know graphics are not important.

@Jakandsigz said:

Because sony didn't have hardware to sell..hahaha Even the own article about stated it that sony shipped units to other more important markets.

@NFJSupreme said:

Both consoles are weaksauce so yeah I can see the difference being marginal. Just look at the multiplats. Ps4 is just at hire resolutions but the assets are usually the same or similar.

If the R290 could run Ghost as 1080p 60 FPS,while the Titan could only do 720p at 60 FPS the whole market would be burning Nvidias GPU by now and trowing them out of the fu**ing window,even more if they were $100 less,i fu**ing love how hypocrite lemmings are,resolution matter only on PC,frames matter only on PC..

GTFO with that crappy logic the PS4 is spanking the xbox one in multiplatforms,the only game been 900p is BF4 and is 720p on xbox one and runs 10 FPS slower across the board on xbox one to,those 10 frames alone are enough on PC to proclaim a damn GPU the graphics king even when the resolution is the same,so imagine how sad the xbox one is that is trailing 10 FPS while having 50% less pixels in BF4.

I am not claiming the PS4 is the most powerful hardware ever build,but is superior to the xbox one just like the damn 7850 Oc is superior to a 7770,this is common sense,and trying to piss on the PS4 because you don't like it much is a joke the xbox one is inferior and by any change that difference now would translate into the PC market the one with 720p BF4 would be call inferior and rightly so.

By the way the PS4 way be weak sauce but is stronger than most PC out there,once again you hypocrites don't support with your wallet what you support with your mouth.lol

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Jakandsigz

@tormentos said:

@Jakandsigz said:

Because sony didn't have hardware to sell..hahaha Even the own article about stated it that sony shipped units to other more important markets.l

And????????????? That just proves my point. Tormentos slow once again.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@AzatiS said:

@shawn30 said:

@AzatiS said:

@Jakandsigz said:

Speaking to

Gameplanet

Argue the toss....

And yet a worth of 200 billion company letting all braindead Xbox 360 fans without ANY games while the one that is projected to be bankrupt in 2 years supporting PS3... Irony right ?!

So , i dont give a crap which company worths what . As you said bring me games is all i need. Sony supporting their consoles and their customers with super titles and all like forever !! They proved that with PS1/PS2 and even with PS3 despite the... bankrupt talks!! Isnt that insane ? How many exclusives for X360 from the 200billion company in 2013? 1 ?!! Was it 1 !?!! rofl

And dont get me started which company offers the best exclusives when it comes to quantity AND quality of genres. All you little lemmings can talk about are shooting games. Even Forza 5 , a next-gen title was worse than GT6 when GT6 wasnt even a good GT game to begin with. Sony can be proud about actions / adventures / shootings / RPGs / platforms / Racing / Simulation racing and more ... M$ CANT compete when it comes to variety , period. Let alone with that massive support Sony providing for many many years , even after their next-gen console is out. I know beforehand that ill be getting massive games till PS5 and beyond.

So keep this worth to yourself , im not biting of these craps. It seems mainly americans biting ..i wont!

Lol, ok man :)

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

...according to Alan Bowman, Microsoft’s Australasian vice president of retail sales and marketing...

PR spin from a competitor isn't news.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@shawn30 said:

Lol, ok man :)

Sorry but he is right,so how many generations MS has won with all its money.? Have windows phones won.? How about their windows tablets.? Hey remember the zune.?

Money doesn't warranty you success.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts
@Suppaman100 said:

/thread

Beat me to it.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@Jakandsigz:

A little bit more than "marginal", but not quite up to the level of "significant"; IMO.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#47 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

I trust the Microsoft man about this matter.

neo418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By neo418
Member since 2003 • 586 Posts

I really don't know why lems still continue to exist. They were all massacred and everyone who used to post here in 2006 as a lem either left or jumped ship. This new gen of lem is just so stupid and don't even know what were the best games on the 360.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

Maybe this guy has seen those stacked chips on the XB1 SoC that mister X found. /s

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@neo418 said:

I really don't know why lems still continue to exist. They were all massacred and everyone who used to post here in 2006 as a lem either left or jumped ship. This new gen of lem is just so stupid and don't even know what were the best games on the 360.

The ones that are left are pretty obvious plants. There's no other explanation. They give the good lems a bad name and just walk lock-step with whatever Microsoft dishes out at this point. I can't even call it a fanbase. It's just a hollow soulless whisper of a once proud nation.